Dr. Michael Alapatt, MD

Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male

Dr. Alapatt

New Jersey Spine Center

40 Main St Chatham, NJ 07928

Dr. Michael Alapatt, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Chatham, NJ. He specializes in orthopedic surgery and orthopedic spine surgery.

Dr. Alapatt accepts

Dr. Alapatt accepts the following insurance:

Amerihealth

Dr. Alapatt treats this condition more than 97% of his peers

Back Pain

Dr. Alapatt treats Back Pain more than 97% of his peers

Dr. Alapatt treats this condition more than 97% of his peers

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Alapatt treats Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 94% of his peers

Dr. Alapatt treats this condition more than 94% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Brachial Neuritis

• Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Gout
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Alapatt

Dr. Alapatt?
Dr. Alapatt's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Michael Alapatt, MD
Three (3) weeks ago today, I had cervical pinched nerve surgery (C4-C6) aka ACDF. Dr. Michael Alapatt and his entire team at the New Jersey Spine Center are outstanding. Dr. Alapatt is kind, empathetic and always generous with his time, thorough with explanations and just a phone call away. The PAs on staff are extremely compassionate, knowledgeable, patient and professional. I have my life back, NO PAIN and I feel great. I highly recommend Dr. Michael Alapatt.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Alapatt, MD?
5 Stars isn't enough for New Jersey Spine Center. I was barely able to walk and in excruciating pain due to my lower back herniation's / Spinal Stenosis. I called the Spine Center and had an appointment in no time. Initially my appointment was with pain management specialist Dr Gerstman. He knew I needed surgery ASAP and promptly made me an appointment the following day to see Dr Alapatt. Meeting with Dr Alapatt was a comforting experience as he explained the surgery process to me which gave
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Alapatt, MD?
Dr. Michael Alapatt sets the gold standard. I’m truly grateful I had surgery and chose Dr. Alapatt as my surgeon. Dr. Alapatt’s review my symptoms and imaging was far more thorough than other surgeons I met with. Plus, Dr. Alapatt is caring, friendly and always ready to answer any questions that I have. If you may need spinal surgery, get a consult with Dr. Alapatt to fully understand your injury, options, and how surgery can help you - he’s the best!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Alapatt, MD?
I had two surgeries done by Dr. Alapatt. I am now pain free and couldn’t be happier with my results. Dr. Alapatt was more than accommodating to my needs and always answers any questions I have. Highly recommend his services to anyone experiencing back pain.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Alapatt, MD?
Dr. Alapatt performed an anterior cervical discectomy and fusion to remove herniated discs on my c5-c7 in August 2018 and I couldn’t be happier with my results or the decision to have used Dr. Alapatt and the NJ Spine Center. I would feel very confident in referring family and friends to him should the need arise. He’s an excellent surgeon and a very caring person.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Alapatt, MD?
Dr. Alapatt is a kind, caring, very skillful surgeon. My pain is 100% gone!!! I totally appreciate his patience with me. He listens to all my questions and explains in a way I understand. His staff is super friendly. I had no issues with anything. I especially appreciated that Dr. Alapatt came to see me after my surgery. Great bedside manner. He assured me that I will be just fine. Very comforting at a time that I was feeling very nervous. I would recommend him to anyone!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Alapatt, MD?
I assure you that my first meeting with Dr. Alapatt, M.D. was great. He presented a calm, composed, relaxed manner, which impressed me and my family members. I must admitted that I was nervous about my procedure, but those feeling melted away after discussing the matter in detailed with him. I had questions, he answered them. He had questions, I answered them. His firm but soft voice, his firm but gentle hand shake, and his direct eye contact confirmed my decision to go forward in my quest.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Alapatt, MD?
I was suffering from a great deal of pain due to spinal stenosis. I received medical intervention through a chriropacter, physical therapist, and nerve block treatments. Nothing relieved my pain. I went to see Dr. Alapatt to discuss my options. He recommended surgery and I’ve been without pain from the second I woke up from anesthesia. Thank you to Dr. Alapatt for giving me my life back! I highly recommend this doctor for your back issues.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Alapatt, MD?
My name is Dennis, I want to share my story with you. I have been suffering for more then 25 years with nerve pain down both my legs. After seeing a couple of Dr. they explained there wasn't anything they could do because the nerves appeared to be crushed beyond repair, and they suggested controlling the pain with medications. After a recent visit to my Heart Dr. he recommended that I go see Dr. Alapatt, he stated that he was confident he could help me. And he did !!!!??????
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Alapatt, MD?
I was suffering from severe pain from a herniated disk in his neck for months. Tried physical therapy and a block injection still no relief. Met with Dr. Alapatt and loved him from the start. He provided information needed make a decision on treatment, took time to go over films with me, showing cause of pain. I decided to undergo the disk replacement surgery he recommended and thank God I did, a week later I am pain free. Great surgeon with a kind heart and great bedside manner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Alapatt, MD?
In December, 2017 I woke up on a Sunday morning in excruciating pain from my lower back to the upper part of my left thigh. My wife called and made an appointment with Dr. Alapatt. I had an MRI done. Turns out I had a herniated disc and surgery was the only option. I'm 51 yrs. old & have never had surgery before. But, it all went quite well. Dr. Alapatt has an awesome bedside manner, explains everything about the surgery & recovery in detail & answers all of your questions without hesitation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Alapatt, MD?
I woke up one morning in July 2017 with the worst pain I have ever felt in my entire life. After months of steroids and physical therapy with no relief, I made an appointment with Dr. Alapatt. He saw me right away, reviewed my MRI’s, and described the surgery he thought was best for me. Dr. Alapatt replaced my C6 C7 disc with a Mobi C device. The procedure was painless and I was home the same day and on rides at Disney World with my children two months later. I highly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Alapatt, MD?
I have nothing but positive things to share about my experience with Dr. Alapatt. I highly recommend Dr. Alapatt not only because of his knowledge and skills, but because of his compassion and genuine concern for me as his patient. Prior to my Lumbar Spine Surgery with Dr. Alapatt, I was in extreme pain. My surgery was a success and I am out of the pain I was living with for so long! I am grateful for having such an amazing surgeon!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Alapatt, MD?
I was in a bad auto accident and I needed spine surgery on c4, c5 and c6. I heard so many horror stories from people I know that said it was the worst surgery they had with other surgeons. After research I found NJ Spine with Dr Alapatt. I never felt so comfortable and calm about this surgery because of Dr Alapatt. He did the surgery and 3 months later I am back to work with no pain. He is a fabulous Dr and surgeon. I highly recommend him to anyone getting spine surgery. You will not regret it.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Alapatt, MD?
I would recommend this surgeon to anyone, he cured my doubts about the surgery. His mannerism and confidence made me confident to have the procedure. I have had no problems since the surgery!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Alapatt, MD?
Dr. Alapatt was a pleasure to interact with. He was very professional along with being very courteous & patient (especially with me which I appreciated). The procedure Dr Alapatt performed on me was a "Lumbar Laminectomy" - Hemilaminectomy L4-5 which involves the spine related to Sciatic pain & discomfort in my right leg. Before the surgery, I was limping & had trouble sleeping on my right side & now-no limping & I am sleeping now on both sides. I had surgery and was up & out the same day.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Alapatt, MD?
Dr Alapatt has a great bed side manner He takes all the time you need to answer all your questions.He is very caring and honest I would definitely recommend him as a surgeon He preformed my spinal surgery 2/1/17 .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Alapatt, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Alapatt. He's an excellent Surgeon. He takes his time with you and shows genuine concern. I'm feeling so much better since my Spinal Fusion Surgery. I couldn't ask for a better Dr. Thank you Dr. Alapatt from the bottom of my heart.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Alapatt, MD?
I found my entire experience with Dr. Alapatt and his office tremendously rewarding. My original phone contact with Ann was reassuring and she arranged a prompt appointment to deal with my pain. Dr. Alapatt was knowledgeable, patient, thorough, professional, and spent plenty of time demonstrating the probable causation, treatment, and prognosis for my condition. As a practicing health care professional and healthcare educator myself, I can enthusiastically state the experience earned an A+.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Alapatt, MD?
As a nurse, I have never met a kinder physician who listens and actually cares.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Alapatt, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Alapatt?