Dr. Michael Agron, MD

Emergency Medicine | Male

Dr. Michael Agron, MD

I began my medical career as an orthopedic resident. I began working in emergency rooms to supplement my income and fell in love with the practice of emergency medicine. I manage seven emergency rooms at the present time. I pride myself in having the highest quality emergency medicine practiced out of these locations. I instill compassion for patients in all of the doctors, nurse practitioners and physician assistants that work for me. My corporate name is at the top of my bills for all of the doctors which causes some confusion. In fact, I occasionally get a poor mark for another doctor who actually saw the patient. In actuality, the Hospital has a contractor who measures patient satisfaction. We often are in the 90th percentile and have even hit the 99th percentile which is the highest handed out. We utilize Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants at all of our hospitals. This allows patients to be seen more rapidly if they have a less serious medical condition.

...See Less

Dr. Agron's Care Philosophy

All of the physicians that work for me are board certified. The physicians are screened carefully by myself personally or my office. Likewise, the nurse practitioners and physician assistants are carefully screened prior to seeing any patients.

Dr. Agron's Experience

See how Dr. Agron's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Agron

Dr. Agron accepts 8 insurance carriers

Dr. Agron is now accepting new patients
Emergency Medical Mgmt Assocs300 W Huntington Dr
Arcadia, CA 91007
(909) 629-8088Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 7 hospitals where Dr. Agron has admitting privileges.

Dr. Agron's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Agron to family and friends
1.0
Dr. Agron Says:

Patient satisfaction surveys are very important to me. If appropriate, I or my office will respond to comments whether they be good ones or bad ones. My philosophy is to treat patients with compassion and that means responding to patient issues whenever possible.

Dr. Agron's Performance
    Over 45 minutes
in Arcadia |
I believe in Karma. God bless his soul. He would not inform you that he is not affiliated with your insurance provider and later on would charge you big $$$ directly. SCAM!
Altadena, CA |
Did not work with major major insurance companies. Stay away !
in Burbank, CA |
Emergency care was sub-par. Did not clean wounds and could not determine extent of injuries. Refused to work with insurance for ER visit and was charged above and beyond what is reasonable and customary for Emergency Services rendered. I was not aware that if you are truly injured, that you must certify the ER to be in network to be covered. Dragged on for over a year of billing and going back and forth with insurance. Offered 30% discount, but never applied it. Stay away Arcadia Methodist
Have you seen Dr. Michael Agron, MD?
Are you Dr. Agron?

Compare Dr. Agron

Dr. Agron says...

My corporate name is at the top of my bills for all of the doctors which causes some confusion. In fact, I occasionally get  a poor mark for another doctor who actually saw the patient. In actuality, the Hospital has a contractor who measures patient satisfaction. We often are in the 90th percentile and have even hit the 99th percentile which is the highest handed out.

We utilize  Nurse Practitioners  and Physician Assistants  at all of our hospitals. This allows patients to be seen more rapidly if they have a less serious medical condition.

Dr. Agron's Care Philosophy

Dr. Agron says...

All of my physicians are board certified and almost all of them are board certified in emergency medicine.  Every ten years, they are required to be recertified  by going through a difficult, rigorous examination. The doctors with other board certifications have many years of experience in emergency medicine.

Dr. Agron says...

Three hospitals have expertise in the treatment of heart disease with catheter laboratories whereby cardiologists can open blood vessels of the heart that are blocked with a small balloon and then a stent to keep the artery open. These hospitals are Arcadia Methodist, Glendale Memorial, and Garfield Hospital. The other four hospitals have transfer agreements in place to transfer the patient to a hospital with a catheter laboratory.

One hospital, namely Arcadia Methodist has special expertise and accepts patients with strokes. The neurologist at this facility has the ability to open arteries of the head with blood thinners and can send a tiny catheter up into the area of the blood clot causing the stroke. Then the clot can be extracted to remove the blockage and sometimes completely stop the stroke. All the other hospitals can use blood thinners to stop strokes and will transfer patients with strokes to a hospital that can extract clots causing strokes if need be.

Dr. Agron says...

Dr. Agron's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Emergency Medicine
    •  Board certified in Emergency Medicine

Dr. Agron has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Agron's Board Certifications

• High Cholesterol
    • Infectious Diseases
    • Injuries
    • Pneumonia
    • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)

Univ Of Va Sch Of Med Hlth Sys

University Of California At Los Angeles

Completed in 1977

Indiana University

Graduated in 1969

Dr. Agron does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Agron and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Emergency Medicine