Dr. Michael Adler, MD

Dr. Michael Adler, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Michael Adler, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Sioux Falls, SD. He is 40 years old and has been practicing for 12 years.

810 E 23rd St

• Accountable Health Plans of America
  • Avera
  • CHAMPVA
  • CorVel
  • HealthPartners

Learn about Dr. Adler

See how frequently Dr. Adler performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Knee Surgery
Bone Disorders
Knee Disorders

Dr. Adler's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Adult Orthopedic Surgery

• Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Baker’s Cyst
  • Bone Cancer
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Pain
  • Hip Sprain
  • Knee Pain
  • Limb Cramp
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Total Hip Replacement
  • Total Knee Replacement
  • Total Knee Replacement Revision
  • Uni-Compartmental Knee Replacement

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Dakota.

• South Dakota State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Univ Of Sd Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 2005
  • Mayo Clin Rochester
  • Joint Replacement and Joint Revision Surgery, Florida Orthopedic Institute, Tampa, Florida
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Adler has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Adler does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Adler and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Adler's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Adler to family and friends
Dr. Adler's Performance
He is an excellent physician who takes time to review options and explains everything well.
in Sleepy Eye, MN |
I will and already have recommended Dr Adler to family and friends. Dr. Adler is very positive and caring doctor. He answered all of my questions and explained things in words I could understand.
in Heron Lake, MN |
Dr. Adler and staff are quite professional and competent, from the initial phone contact to walking out the door with good advice and care. I like that he always seems to recognize me even though I know he's reviewed my chart prior to my visit. Everyone is friendly and courteous and especially have a good sense of humor even though it's quite apparent that they are quite busy. I have already recommended several people to his clinic and many have come back to me telling of a great experience
in Webster, SD |
Dr. Adler saw me from 2015-2017 while l was experiencing hip pain due to a genetic malformation. Since I am still in my thirties, he advised me to put off surgery as long as I could live with the pain and limited mobility. Once I hit the point of no longer being able to be as active as I wanted and could not tolerate the pain, Dr. Adler scheduled the appointment right away. His PA was superbly helpful and the scheduler was able to set the schedule when I asked. Highly recommend him & OI!
in Lead, SD |
I wish every person I had to deal with in life had the personality that Dr Adler has. To show the enthusiasm and personal commitment that he and his staff showed me every time we met is memorable. My wife commented that if she ever has to have any joints replaced, Dr. Adler will be her physician.
Sioux Falls, SD |
Dr. Adler and his staff are the friendliest physicians I have ever been to. He listened to me and actually is doing what I was wanting for the past 3 years. I will recommend all to him if they need his services!
in Sioux Falls, SD |
Dr. Adler explained my options well, he put me at ease. He is surrounded by a great team.
in Dar Es Salaam, 02 |
I would like to know more before I fix an appointment.
in Sioux Center, IA |
Dr. Adler was very friendly and cooperative ... he listened well to my complaints and reasons for my visit to him, and resolved it in a very efficient manner.
Ramona, SD |
Dr Adler was very good about explaining my condition and the procedure that he would do to correct my knee problem. He has a good bedside manor.
in Menno, SD |
Dr. Adler was very easy to talk to and explained my options very well. I feel he is a very skilled surgeon with a great bedsid manner.
in Scotland, SD |
Did a wonderful job!
in Sioux Falls , South Dakota |
Very relaxed style. Answered all my questions. Surrounded by a great team.
in Sioux Falls |
He takes time to explain things without too much jargon. Also he always fits me in when I need to see him.
in Hartford, SD |
Top notch Dr. Seen him for 3years now. Hardly ever a wait time. Gives every option available before, as a last option, surgery. His team is very caring and concerned. If you forgot to ask Dr. Adler a question, they'll know the answer or get it. I'm very fortunate to put myself in their hands. This will be my 3rd knee replacement with Dr. Adler. 1 for a temporary knee, then a replacement. Now left total knee. Dr. Adler, Scott, Bev, and all the nurses and staff are excellent caregivers.
in Sioux Falls, SD |
He is very willing to listen to the patient and understand that the patient knows their body and doesn't just pass on what the patient has to say. He is great!
in Aberdeen, SD |
I would recommend Dr. Adler to everyone I know as he was a great Dr. He told me what he would do and once I had surgery, you would never know it. I walked away after knee surgery with no pain and was walking like I never had anything wrong with me.
in Mitchell, SD |
Dr. Adler came highly recommended by a couple of friends as the person to go to for knee replacements. After meeting him I was impressed with the way he explained the needed surgery and answered all my questions.. most of all he has great patient skills with a very likeable personality. After surgery and post surgery visit to the OI I know I made the right decision. Great Doctor and great person !
in Madison sd |
He has excellent bedside manner and also a good surgeon
in Aberdeen, SD |
I now have .had both knees replaced by Dr. Adler. I can honestly say both experiences have been stress free. I feel I was treated well in all instances, from the office staff, hospital staff, and especially the floor nurses and staff at the OI hospital. Dr. Adler always has a smile and friendly manner. I would definetly recommend him to all my friends and family.
in Garretson, SD |
Dr. Adler is always so friendly, comes in with a smile on his face and remembers who you are. I trust him medical expertise completely. His PAC, Scott is also very good and has a gentle touch. The support staff at OI all are very caring, from the nursing staff to his secretary Brenda.
in ipswich,s.d. |
very honest and truthful
Brookings, SD |
Dr. Adler has replaced both of my hips. I have been very pleased with the results. He is a very caring and friendly doctor. He puts you at ease and answers your questions in a way that is easy to understand. I tell others that I know a great doctor if they need replacements.
in Tea, SD |
Dr. Adler is so patient with questions. He is upfront about what is happening and is very good at what he does. He will make sure you are getting the care you deserve! I trust him in his choices for my care!
in Bradley, SD |
Dr. Adler is professional yet friendly and open. His expertise is apparent. His work was exceptional. I experienced very little pain from my total knee replacement and a rapid recovery. I expect to have full mobility in about three weeks from the surgery date. The OI is wonderful to work with. They arranged for devices the day following surgery and scheduled my first physical appointment. The support staff is friendly and helpful. I was visited by Dr. Adler once and p a two times during stay.
in Sioux Falls, SD |
Dr Adler really helped me feel like he could be trusted to do my knee replacement. He has an awesome friendly personality, but the confidence he shows so simply is what helped me have the same confidence in him. He really works hard, comes with great accomplishments and a top notch reputation. He is very skilled in his field of surgery! And I felt very little pain & was surrounded by his excellent, skilled & kind team!
in Sioux Falls, SD |
Dr Adler was very personable and compassionate during my visit.
in Hawarden, IA |
Dr. Adler is just awesome. He did my hip replacement and it all went extremely well. He has a great bedside manner and he does listen to his patients. I would definitely recommend Dr. Adler to friends and relatives.
in Tripp , SD |
Dr. Adler did a bilateral knee replacement and did a fantastic job very skilled with both scalpel and bedside. Since then I have had under no fault of his 1 knee is having a problem and he is on top of getting it fixed I definitely would recommend Dr. Adler
in Yankton, SD |
Dr. Adler made me feel confident that he would do what was best for me. Both hip surgeries went very well with a fast recovery. I have recommended him to a cousin because of his ability and manner.
in Fulda, MN |
He is very caring. He is honest and explains things so the patient can understand. He gives all alternatives and allows the patient make the descision. He listens and answers all questions.
in Marion, SD |
Dr. Adler took my knee case after being pushed off by another surgeon in town. He knew immediately what I wanted and needed to be done. He performed double knee replacement and everything was exactly as he said it would be. No sugar coating on the process, but very positive and willing to do exactly what needed to be done His professionalism and upbeat attitude made the process much more bearable. After many years of dealing with bad knees, I thank him deeply for my new knees, Tom Raville
in Aberdeen, SD |
very caring, excellent surgeon. Very busy Dr. but takes the time to talk about your problem, makes you feel at home. Can't say one thing negative. Went just as he said it would.
in Ireton, IA |
I would definitely recommend Dr.Adler to others I was very fortunate that Dr. Adler had the insight that surgery was not necessary on my shoulder. He continued with follow up appointments to check on the health and healing of my shoulder. I am thankful Dr. Adler was my orthopedic doctor. I would highly recommend him to friends & family.
in Sioux Falls,SD |
Performed successful first knee replacement July 2014. Genuine bedside manner. Trusted his advice about what needed to be done to fix my knee.
in Superior IA |
I sought out Dr. Adler for a second opinion, as I am obese. I had chosen a local dr who wanted to do both knees at the same time. I was over 400 pds. He advised me that if he put knees in my, it would be one at a time and only with weight loss. As with my weight it would do no good. At first when he suggested a bariatric dr....I was upset, as I had a lapband 10 years ago, which failed...taking that out and having the sleeve was the best thing I ever did!! I can eat proteins now!!!
in Sioux City, IA |
Explained everything that I was concerned about. Got to the bottom of my problem very quickly....
in Yale. S. D |
Dr M Adler is a very kind hearted loving man. His talents and skills are superior to experience to present date He is not only worthy of five stars but five thousand stars. Had total right hip replacement. God Bless you and your
in Harrisburg, SD |
Dr Adler did a Total Knee replacement on me 2 years ago, it was a very successful procedure and no problems came up, routine post rehab with no problems.... He is a very skilled surgeon and very appreciated by me. Thank you !!!
Have you seen Dr. Michael Adler, MD?
Are you Dr. Adler?