Dr. Meredith Schweitzer, DO

Dr. Meredith Schweitzer, DO

Family Medicine  |

Dr. Schweitzer received her osteopathic medical degree from Nova Southeastern University in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. She completed her internship and residency training at Palmetto General Hospital in Hialeah, FL. She has been practicing family medicine for 13 years, and joined Family Practice at Cane Ridge in 2013. She is board certified in Family Medicine with the American College of Osteopathic Family Practice. Dr. Schweitzer and her husband reside in Nashville with their three children.

Learn about Dr. Schweitzer

Video

Dr. Schweitzer's Experience

Dr. Schweitzer's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice/OMT

• Family Practice/OMT
    Accredited by: American Osteopathic Board of Family Physicians*

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• Nova Southeastern College
    Medical School | Graduated 1998
  • Palmetto General Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Palmetto General Hospital

Dr. Schweitzer has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Schweitzer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schweitzer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Schweitzer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schweitzer to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Schweitzer's Performance
in Antioch, TN |
I have been going to Dr Schweitzer for a few years she has always taken time with me and she genuinely cares about the people she treats I have my husband going to her now and I don't think you would find better care anywhere else. She's an awesome doctor
in Antioch, TN |
Dr Schweitzer is one of the most through primary care doctor that I have dealt with in many years. She is patient and reviews all results of tests with you, referring you to a specialist if you need it. Her follow up practices are excellent and her office staff is wonderful.
in Nashville, TN |
Dr. was patient, kind and very understanding of my needs. She took the time out to listen to my concerns. Great visit.
in Nashville, TN |
Dr. Schweitzer is the type of doctor I need. She listens and she cares. She has a great staff also. I am truly happy my friend told me about her.
Nashville, TN |
It's a bit of a drive for me, but it's worth it to have a physician who listens carefully to me and cares thoroughly for me according to my own lifestyle. I have an ongoing medical condition and rather than just throw medicine at it, she listens to what I like doing, what my goals are, what I feel good about, what worries me, and makes a careplan that addresses those things.
Murfreesboro, TN |
Dr. Schweitzer is an out standing doctor who takes the time to explain a diagnosis as well as treatment options. I highly recommend to anyone seeking an excellent doctor.
in Nashville, TN |
I love Dr. Schweitzer but I really think it kind crapy that the office will not call in enough of my anti depressant until I can get in to the office. #1 its dangerous to not have this stuff in your system COLD TURKEY- I feel drunk driving into work and I feel like I'm drifting back in forth in my head like I'm on waves in the ocean. I can barely get up and when I do I feel like a zombie. I spoke with the clinic today and they wont even prescribe me a few pills until I can get in to the clinic!!
We are so sorry to hear about this. Please call our office manager, Heather @ 615-641-6767 so that we can address these concerns and work to make improvements at the practice.
Antioch, TN |
Hello My appointments with Dr. Schweitzer always go well She has perfect bed side manners. Every visit she comes in with a smile and immediately begins my visit with ease by first asking how I am doing. She is thorough with reading over my history to make sure she is knowledgeable on my condition. She listens to me and she also provides feedback as to what her professional opinion is based on what I am dealing with.
in Nashville, TN |
So happy to have scheduled an appointment with Dr Meredith Schweitzer! Great team of compassionate caring people. From the moment I walked into the clinic I felt comfortable and relaxed. The Doctor was so professional yet amazingly kind and interested in really listening to what I had to say. The Nursing staff was reassuring and helpful. I feel as if I won the lottery with my new team of health care providers. If you are looking for someone to trust, I suggest you this clinic.
Thank you for connecting with us about this experience with our staff. We will be sure to pass this appreciation along.
in Lebanon, TN |
This clinic and Dr. Schweitzer are like doctors used to be. They are going to give you the best care they possibly can. I wouldn't want anyone else! They actually read your records, and make calls to other doctors on the spot if they need more info.
in Nashville,N |
This dr. Is very personable, always smiling, and remembers everything about you. Takes her time with you, no rushing. She is very knowledgeable, for I ask ALOT of questions. And I don't always take my meds, she don't judge me. I drive 23 miles to go to this dr.
We strive to provide the highest quality in patient care. Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us!
Antioch, TN |
Doctor Schweitzer is a VERY caring doctor who is always extra patient while she is in the office with me. She takes time to answer all of my concerns! I would recommend her to anyone looking for a new doctor.
in Antioch Tn |
She really listens to you. Spends more time with you then any doctor I have ever been to. Compassionate and considerate.
La Vergne, TN |
She was my doctor for over a year. During that time therewere several incidents where I felt like I was being dismissed, a guinea pig for whatever the pharmacy reps were hawking in spite of my preference for affordable medication, had to correct them on insurance billing issues more than once. The deal breaker was after waiting almost an hour first appointment of the day for a well care check up being told from her that she didn't have time to listen to me about a health concern I had.
We are so sorry to hear about this. Please call our Practice Manager 615-731-8390 so that we can address these concerns and work to make improvements at the practice.
in Antioch, TN |
Little to no response regarding concerns.
in Smyrna, TN |
I am more than pleased with Dr. Schweitzer. While looking to start a new relationship with a PCP, I located Dr. Schweitzer online. I was able to get an appointment within the week on the day and time I needed. My wait time was brief, and Dr. Schweitzer spent a good amount of time getting to know me and my medical history. The nurse called me in a couple days and asked me to return to the office so Dr. Schweitzer could go over my lab work. She probably saved my life.
Have you seen Dr. Meredith Schweitzer, DO?

Visit Dr. Schweitzer