Dr. Mendel Markowitz, DDS

Dr. Mendel Markowitz, DDS

Dentistry  |

Dr. Mendel Markowitz was born in Larochelle, France. He attended Yeshiva University in New York and following graduation he attended Columbia University School of Dental and Oral Surgery. After earning his DDS degree, Dr. Markowitz completed a General Practice Residency at the East Orange V. A. Hospital in New Jersey, a full year anesthesia residency at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York and a four year residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Woodhull Hospital in Brooklyn, New York. Dr. Markowitz attained his board certification in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in 1996 and was recertified in 2004. He is currently the medical director of the Health and Humanitarian Aid Foundation, an organization that provides pro bono surgical care locally, as well as internationally. Dr. Markowitz has performed cleft lip and palate corrective surgery as well as extensive tumor surgery and facial trauma reconstructive procedures in South America and Africa. Dr. Markowitz is well known for his role as the facial trauma consultant for the New York Rangers NHL team.

Clifton Center for Oral Surgery and Jaw Reconstruction

• DenteMax
  • MetLife
  • United Concordia

Learn about Dr. Markowitz

At our office we care for patients as if they were our family. The caring begins with the first phone call to our office all the way through the procedure performed and through the follow-up visit.

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

• Jaw Implant Surgery
  • Jaw Reconstruction Surgery
  • Orthognathic Surgery
  • Teeth Extraction

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Yeshiva University
  • Mount Sinai Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1987
  • Woodhull Hosp
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1992

Dr. Markowitz has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Markowitz has no media or publications listed.

• Hebrew

Dr. Markowitz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Markowitz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Markowitz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Markowitz to family and friends
Dr. Markowitz's Performance
Had 4 wisdom tooth take out and it was quick and painless procedure. It was over within 1 hour. Would recommend!
Dr Markowitz was very gentle and very good at removing my teeth. I would recommend his and his staff!
ive been a patient of Dr. Markowitz for 20+ years. He and his staff have always been phenomenal professionals who are highly experienced, kind, and compassionate.
dr markowitz made experience i was dreading a good one
The entire staff was so helpful and reassuring. They took my concerns seriously and treated me with respect. They were patient, explained exactly what to expect, and were available afterwards for questions. Excellent experience.
allways excellent
Excellent
It took only 15 minutes to get my wisdom teeth extracted and there was no swelling at all. Besides a bit of discomfort after the first day, there was no pain and I was back to normal, ready to work.
went well, no issues whatsoever
had all my wisdom teeth extracted all went very smoothly
very kind , considerate and caring
Dr. Markowitz was a helpful, encouraging, comforting dental surgeon for me during the course of having a molar removed (due to a cracked, infected tooth) and an implant put in. He provided me with all the information, answered my questions, and did a wonderful job on my mouth. Other than the normal pain of having a molar pulled, everything was fine and healthy. Having the implant placed was much easier and once the numbness wore off, there was no pain. He checked up on me...
The most caring, wonderful, gentle oral surgeon Dr. Markowitz, and his assistant Krystle, I wouldn't go any other place. They made me feel safe, and took off all fear and anxiety that I had. I would recommend this team to anyone and everyone. If I could, I would give them 100 stars!
I've had an amazing experience with Dr. Markowitz today. He just extracted two wisdom teeth and I'm already on my way back to work. I highly recommend him!!
I had options explained and Dr. Markowitz took the time to explain the trade-offs in detail, my implant is working great!
in Lawrence, NY |
Wow, what a great experience! I was upset to find out from my dentist that my front teeth were cracked. I was concerned as I live in Long Island and he sent me to NJ (past Manhattan where all the expensive oral surgeons are) to Dr. M. His staff was fantastic and fit me into a next day appt. Dr. M was wonderful. He painlessly extracted my teeth, placed bone grafts and my implants. My dentist was thrilled with the implants! Whenever he has a difficult case he sends it to Dr. M to be done right!
in NJ |
Dr. Mendel positioned my dental implant very poorly, it is about 5mm below the gum line and too far forward on a steep angle. He said he "Put it where the bone was", and I thought I had gone to someone to build bone where it was needed. After seeing three other dentist I was able to use the implant, but the tooth is much taller and too far forward, it was the best they could do with the implant position. I would recommend finding someone to do both the implant and the crown.
in Clifton NJ |
Dr. Markowitz is the consummate professional. I had an extraction, bone graft, and the placement of an implant with absolutely no discomfort. The best experience I've ever had for dental work...
in New York City, NY |
Itinerant surgeon at DDS Group, suggested #2 be extracted along with #3, my dentist fixed #2. Suggested bone graft after I was sedated, fee shot up from $560 to $2020 to my surprise. Unprofessional.
in Staten Island, NY |
Dr. Markowitz is truly an artist. I knew that Dr. Markowitz had done facial reconstruction, but not wisdom teeth removal. There was barely any pain. And the procedure was done under LOCAL anesthesia! Recovery time? TWO DAYS! Swelling? Minimal! ALL of my friends have recently had their teeth removed and they missed about two weeks of school because of how unsightly they looked, but not me! I was back at in in three days. I cannot thank Dr. Markowitz enough for his calm, yet amazing technique.
in Bloomfield, NJ |
Dr. Markowitz is great. He was pleasant, he was patient, he made me feel very comfortable. His office manager Tania is a problem. She is fake, rude, and nasty and because of her i would never return to the office
Have you seen Dr. Mendel Markowitz, DDS?

Visit Dr. Markowitz