Dr. Mencia Gomez De Vargas, MD

Dr. Gomez De Vargas
Telehealth services available

Integrated Mind Medicine

1946 Tyler St Ste 14 Hollywood, FL 33020

Dr. Mencia Gomez De Vargas, MD is a Psychosomatic Medicine Specialist in Hollywood, FL. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Gomez De Vargas to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Psychosomatic Medicine Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check if Dr. Gomez De Vargas treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Gomez De Vargas' conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
  • Grief
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)

Dr. Gomez De Vargas accepts

Dr. Gomez De Vargas accepts the following insurance:

National Benefit Plans

Dr. Gomez De Vargas' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Gomez De Vargas

4.5

Dr. Gomez De Vargas?
  • Appointment scheduling (32)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (32)
  • Explained conditions well (32)
  • Appointment was rushed (3)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (3)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (3)
I hope from the bottom of my hear that this message can help someone else. If I could write -0 stars I would. This was the worst medical treatment I have ever received in my life. These are some of the points: 1. I was diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder. I did not feel heard or understood by Dr. Gomez. She completely minimized my feelings and symptoms and made it seem like it was not big deal. 2. Dr. Gomez DID NOT PROVIDE ADEQUATE INFORMATION on medication information and side-effects. Once again, she completely minimized potential side effects and would not provide information on length of treatment plan. She would simply reply: " let's not talk about that right now". I asked about a specific medication and she stated: "that medication is like a bandage, it will leave your system quickly". All of this was after I asked multiple times about medication information and side effects. 3. SHE IS NOT A BENZODIAZEPINE INFORMED MD. She is not aware of the side effects, chemical de
Aug 24, 2020
She is wonderful.
Dec 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mencia Gomez De Vargas, MD?
I can't say enough wonderful things about Dr. Mencia Gomez. I've seen MANY doctors over the course of many years and it's rare to find someone as compassionate and knowledgeable as she is. From my first visit, she listened and actually HEARD me. She truly CARES and doesn't just sit back, write notes and hand out scripts. I've had some incredibly scary moments with my bipolar, especially this past year, and she helped me get through to the other side where I couldn't see any light at all and all I could see was darkness......that's changed tremendously! She wouldn't give up on me....even when I wanted to give up on myself. She's an incredible gift in my life. Intelligent, professional and kind. I HIGHLY recommend her!
Bonnie Salkow – Aug 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mencia Gomez De Vargas, MD?
I have been an patient of Dr. Gomez, for nearly four years and see her several times/year. At the time being new to S. Florida and starting from scratch, I began my search and created a short-list. After interviewing several local physicians, it was a clear choice! Dr. Gomez exemplifies professionalism and embodies the core values you look for in any “good person.” She quickly earns trust and is great at what she does. A true professional who honors integrity, a passion for what she does and is truly great council. When it comes to accommodating me and my hectic life, Dr. Gomez is incredibly easy and readily able to make any necessary adjustments to fit me in (her already very busy schedule). Whether it be on weekends or during lunch hours, Dr. Gomez is always willing and able to help! I attribute this to her continued success! It has been a pleasure to be her patient and I give my complete endorsement to anyone looking for a great Psychologist or medical doctor. Truly one of a kind!
Jerry in Fort Lauderdale , FL – Jun 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mencia Gomez De Vargas, MD?
I saw Dr. Gomez yesterday after only calling in the morning. I was amazing that she had an opening the same day that I called-- now I see why. Dr. Gomez was the worst interaction with a medical "professional" that I have ever seen. I would not wish her on my worst enemy. After being diagnosed by multiple psychiatrists and psychologists with Type II Bipolar Disorder and BPD, she told me they were all wrong, and within 15 minutes of meeting me, gave me an entirely new diagnosis-- blaming everything on my father who I have not even seen or cared about in over ten years! She also told me that I definitely don't have BPD because "I don't like borderline people. And I can see if they are just by looking in their eyes-- I can see it in their eyes and I don't like them". She then only prescribed brand-name medications because she likes them better, even though no insurance covers them. The office also had my insurance information hours before I came in and told me my appointment was covered, o
Jun 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mencia Gomez De Vargas, MD?
I trust Dr Gomez, she is not only a great medical doctor who integrates Medicine an Psychiatry, but also she is wonderful therapist. Her biblical counseling is well versed in scriptural wisdom. I am blessed to know her.
GC in Orlando, FL – Nov 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mencia Gomez De Vargas, MD?
Ella es muy directa. Me gusto la consejeria biblica, pero lo que mas me gusto fue que tenia los pies en la tierra. Me inspira confianza.
Grace in Orlando – Nov 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mencia Gomez De Vargas, MD?
Me ayudó mucho a superar la ansiedad. No tome medicamentos, pero con los cables y sus recomendaciones sali adelante. Me alegro de que sea mi doctora. Gracias Mencia.
Mariita. in Miami, FL – Sep 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mencia Gomez De Vargas, MD?
When I moved to South Florida my most pressing concern was finding the right Psychiatric Health Professional. Via recommendations from friends, I became a patient of Dr. Gomez De Vargas. I was seeking a kind, compassionate, and progressive thinking psychiatrist with a firm knowledge of alternative treatments. Dr. Gomez De Vargas is all that and more. She is an amazing psychiatrist and an amazing human being. Just knowing that I can count on her automatically reduces my anxiety level!
WashHtsGirl in Hollywood, FL – Aug 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mencia Gomez De Vargas, MD?
When I moved to S. FL from NYC the most difficult part of my move was finding the right Psychiatric Professional that I could connect with. Via recommendations, I found Dr. Gomez De Vargas. A match made in heaven! She is so understanding, kind, and non-judgemental about my emotional needs and my medications. She has been so instrumental in helping me to adjust to my new life here in S. FL I have been her patient now for almost a year, and I really enjoy our sessions. She is a true gem!
DJ in Hollywood, FL – Aug 25, 2017
Dr. Gomez De Vargas' Reply – Flag
Thanks, I appreciate your input. Stay well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mencia Gomez De Vargas, MD?
Doctor Gomez de Vargas is very unprofessional and I would not recommend her to anybody. She will treat patients only if they have a petty problem such as a phobia to heights or something trivial like that. She kicked me out in the worst moment of my life, knowing that I had recently gone through lots of traumas and abuses and that I was suicidal. She refused to assist me anymore just because someone talked to her badly about me. She did not even wait for me to find another doctor. She told me I
Miami, FL – Aug 02, 2017
If this is a real patient (which I to this point...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mencia Gomez De Vargas, MD?
Very caring , listens patiently to all your concerns, felt very comfortable speaking to her, professional and kind.
Feb 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mencia Gomez De Vargas, MD?
Dr. Mencia Gomez is mindful, knowledgeable, personable, professional and caring. She knows what resources are available in the surrounding area and will give you a recommendation and direction for additional services if needed. Her approach is holistic, not just medication effects, but also how your sleep, nutrition, and exercise affect your mental state. And is able to respond to short term needs and work on a longer term actions needed. She is an amazing doctor.
Hollywood, FL – Feb 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mencia Gomez De Vargas, MD?
She helped me understand about ADD. I have been on medications for years and no one took the time to talk about goals, meals weight loss and sleep. Thanks Dr. Gomez.
A. Marcus. in Boca Raton. FL – Jan 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mencia Gomez De Vargas, MD?
Fue muy eficaz con una nesecidad de inmigracion. Le estare siempre agradecida. Estoy en paz.
A. Fernadez. in Weston – Jan 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mencia Gomez De Vargas, MD?
Dr. Gomez takes care of my elderly mother. We travel from Jamaica to see her twice a year. She is the only doctor who was able to talk to my mother from a spiritual and an emotional perspective in such a way that shaked her inner most motivations. God bless her and her career.
Jon Martel in Kingston Jamaica. – Jan 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mencia Gomez De Vargas, MD?
La recomiendo a ojos cerrados. Agradecida y orgullosa de que una doctora latina, dominicana tenga esa calidad.
Maritza Perez. in Tampa. – Jan 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mencia Gomez De Vargas, MD?
Dr. Gomez is an extraordinary physican. Dr. Gomez was very attentive and thorough. She was concerned about my all around wellbeing, making sure my vitals were stable and very knowledgable about meds and possible secondary effects. I highly recommend Dr. Gomez.
Deborah Z. in West Palm Beach. – Jan 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mencia Gomez De Vargas, MD?
Estoy muy agradecida porque el medicamento me ha resultado. Me estoy sintiendo mucho mejor. Gracias por tanta amabilidad.
Milly in Sunrise – Jan 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mencia Gomez De Vargas, MD?
I travel from South America to see Mencia. I have been doing that for quite a while now and I know that she has other patients that come to see her from all over the World. Do you wonder why? She is a great doctor and I appreciate concierge Psychiatry. She is very knowledgable and I feel comfortable. I would definitely recommend Dr. Gomez if anyone asks for a referral.
Ctistina in Buenos Aires, Argentina. – Jan 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mencia Gomez De Vargas, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Gomez De Vargas?

Patients are seen by doctor Gomez, regardless of their inability to pay. Please contact us at 754 210 5363.

Dr. Mencia Gomez De Vargas is a psychiatrist in Hollywood, FL and is affiliated with Montefiore Medical Center. She received her medical degree from Universidad...Read more

• Psychosomatic Medicine
  • Pastoral Counseling
  • Psychological Trauma

Psychoanalysis, Nyu Psychoanalytic Institute.