Dr. Melvyn Grovit, DPM

Dr. Grovit
Telehealth services available

Melvyn Grovit, DPM, MS, CNS

1 Renaissance Sq Unit 26e White Plains, NY 10601

Dr. Melvyn Grovit, DPM is a Nutritionist in White Plains, NY. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Grovit to book an appointment.

Dr. Grovit's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Grovit

Dr. Grovit?
Dr. Grovit has been a blessing for us. My son struggled with the Crohn's disease for over two years and nothing seemed to work. Biologics made his condition worse. That is when we turned to Dr. Grovit. We have been seeing him for the past few months and we already see a huge difference. My son is getting his normal life back. Dr. Grovit is very compassionate, a very good listener (which I believe most of the conventional doctors lack), and above all, try to get to the root cause of the disease. He treats the disease, not just the symptoms. Wish we had found him sooner. I would recommend Dr. Grovit without any reservation. He is the best!
Sep 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melvyn Grovit, DPM?
Dr Grovit has been a monumental Influence in my daughters healing journey from Crohn’s Disease. After several failed strategies we reached out to Dr G for help. My Daughter husband and I flew down to see him from Ontario Canada and implemented his protocol right away. No journey is easy and our downturn took years. But after seeing Dr G our uphill climb began. And we have slowly but surly been improving ever since. Dr G has always been available to us when we need him with fast responses. I’ve never had a dr so available and responsive. He’s truly an amazing person who seems to care for his patients. He helps through the ups and downs and My daughter is better then she’s ever been!!
Aug 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melvyn Grovit, DPM?
Dr. Grovit was instrumental in my daughter's recovery from a severe case of ulcerative colitis. He not only provides a thorough nutrition and supplement plan but carefully goes through years of bloodwork and test results to identify anomalies and solve them. He is the most compassionate doctor I've ever seen and without him, my daughter would have likely lost her intestine or been on immunosuppressant drugs. My daughter is thriving now and has been in remission for 6 years.
Aug 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melvyn Grovit, DPM?
I first met Dr. Grovit four years ago. I had become so severely ill, I was underweight, I had zero appetite, and I didn't have the strength to get out of bed. I remember going to numerous doctors before finding Dr. Grovit. They all saw me for 10 mins and prescribed medications that made me so much worse. Dr. Grovit does things the way they SHOULD be done. He spoke with me for hours, he detailed every inch of my issues and came up with a plan. Because of him, I did genetic testing and I discovered my mthfr gene mutation. Every day since has been a blessing. Within 6 months on his program I was able to eat what my body desperately needed, I had energy and I felt alive again, after so long feeling my life fade from me. Dr. Grovit saved my life, I truly believe that. I even completed the NYC marathon in 2019. I think about our first meeting when I was so ill, now I am on track again. The only regret you will have is that you didn't contact him sooner. I highly recommend Dr. Grovit.
Chelsea Fritz – Jul 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melvyn Grovit, DPM?
Dr. Grovit has changed my life. I had surgery for colon cancer and as a result a large portion of my rectum was removed. I was considering surgery to return to having an ostomy. I had little or no control. I traveled with a backpack with extra clothes. He had me do a list of my diet for a couple of weeks and then I started making changes. I add the hydrolyzed white fish tablet and then the coconut macaroons. He took me off some supplements and then he added some for me. When the probiotic manufacturer changed the formula and it caused problems for me, Dr Grovit suggested a new one and that has worked very well. He was very patient as I struggled to drop weight but eventually I dropped 70 lbs. Everything is not 100% perfect all the time but it MANY times better than it was. I can not give a higher recommendation. He walks on water
F Cooney – Jun 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melvyn Grovit, DPM?
For 20+ years my parents took me from doctor to doctor to try and figure out what was wrong with me. By the time I finally went to Dr Grovit I had what appeared to be an advanced case Multiple Sclerosis. Thankfully, Dr Grovit was able to discover the cause of my problems; I had inherited a genetic variant from my parents. This was confirmed by my doctor and he approved the nutrition treatment Dr Grovit suggested. 2 years later I’m off all meds and have none of the problems that I suffered with all those years. Dr Grovit changed my life. He is compassionate and listens, and truly provides patient centered care.
Rachel S – Jun 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melvyn Grovit, DPM?
Dr Melvyn Grovit is a sensible practitioner and has a vast knowledge of the subject of IBD and knows how to treat it. He is a treasure trove of expert knowledge of the disease and the dietary answers to combat and win the battle against IBD. He is moderately priced for the superb counsel he gives and he spends as much time with you as needed so you understand your situation. He is very kind and passionate on the subject being a survivor himself. In short he is the real deal, cuts through the haze of fake information and designs a treatment plan that has helped me, my son and my wife. My advise; call him and do it now so you can win this battle and get healthy again.
Beau Squires – May 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melvyn Grovit, DPM?
Dr Grovit and his intern Lenore Shapiro have been a blessing in our lives. His protocol I feel has saved our son. If you or anyone in your family suffer from IBD I would highly recommend giving them a call.
Renata – May 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melvyn Grovit, DPM?
I have suffered with Crohn's disease for the last 22 years since I was 7 years old. I've been through virtually every medication under the sun, I've had multiple surgeries, and I've even left the country for treatment feeling abandoned by traditional western approach. I was doing my best trying to figure out a balance between western medicine and nutrition on my own, but ultimately I still struggled with severe symptoms. Then one day I was introduced by a friend to Dr. Grovit. Dr. Grovit was the first doctor I ever met in America who actually cared about my well being. He has spent his time, for virtually no money, actually getting to know my unique case. He has applied a wealth of knowledge obtained through a life of firsthand experience specific to me. He has been there for me at my lowest, and has given me a sensible nutritional structure that works in conjunction with western theory. He is a breath of fresh air in a corrupted medical/food system, and he saved my life.
Shane – Apr 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melvyn Grovit, DPM?
Dr Grovit is a master of his craft, always learning about the latest medical discoveries, and never gives up on his patients. His consistent advice and treatment plan put my CFS into remission. If you are dealing with a mystery diagnosis, give his treatment plans a try, and stick with them!
Jordan – Jan 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melvyn Grovit, DPM?
My daughter was dx with UC at age 11. We live in Eastern Canada where the incidence of IBD is one of the highest in the world. We always believed in diet and supplements, so went sought out all the resources we could. As she entered high school, the UC spread to her entire colon, and was considered to be moderate to severe. She was always on the edge of her next flare, her calprotectin was 3000-6000, she was anemic, and bloodwork was not regulating. She was missing a lot of school and sports. We were terrified of stronger meds and side effects. We had tried so many things and just couldn't get the right help. Finally we met Dr Grovit and Lenore and everything they said made so much sense. After 2 visits, with changes to diet and nutriceuticals, and a confident decision to try Remicade as a bridge while Dr G's protocol worked on her, we are thrilled that she has been symptom free for 6 months, she is thriving in her grad year, bloodwork is all normal, and calprotectin is 67!
Tobi Bennett in Moncton – Dec 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melvyn Grovit, DPM?
I went to Dr. Grovit years ago bc I was diagnosed with metabolic syndrome/prediabetes. I knew I didn’t want to get type 2 diabetes, so I hauled my overweight self to MG. I knew of him bc of great help he had given to a friend of ours. He put me in an exercise regimen and supplements and the weight just melted away. I went from a 2X to a size M! Not only have I been able to keep the weight off, but my energy level has never been higher! Dr Grovit has great bedside manner, and clearly knows his stuff. He has released my inner health geek.?? He has also helped my husband who has different issues. As we say in Latin, Ad Multos Annos!
Lucy Tucker in Hastings on Hudson, NY – Oct 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melvyn Grovit, DPM?
Just over 2 years ago I began having symptoms involving digestive problems. I was very concerned because I have an ileostomy as well as 1 kidney. For that reason, I flew to another state for a 1-week consultation at a well-known clinic. The results were inconclusive. The clinic’s gastroenterologist told me there were no diet restrictions for me, but I continued having problems. Sometime later, at home, new tests showed positive for Celiac so I was given medicines and was told to go gluten and dairy free. Nonetheless, I continued having pains after eating. When somebody recommended Dr. Grovit, I flew to N.Y. for a consultation. By now, I had lost 20 pounds and he was my last hope for getting better. Dr. Grovit put me on a special diet and gave me a list of supplements and, a year later, I can say he has given me my life back. His knowledge, generosity and wiliness to teach others are endless. Thank you, Dr. Grovit, I will be forever grateful that our paths crossed. AMC, Idaho
AMC Idaho – Oct 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melvyn Grovit, DPM?
Dr Grovit is incredible. After my daughter, who had been sick on and off for 3 years, was diagnosed with Chron's disease, her Gastroenterologist tried out medicine after medicine on her. All of them had terrible side effects and were not successful in treating her debilitating symptoms. Then, after one visit, the doctor decided he didn't want to put her through this any more, and suggested we go see Dr Grovit, who would work with her to treat her Chron's with food and supplements. I'm a big believer in the power of food, so jumped at the chance to get her off the meds and perhaps, learn to control her symptoms with the proper diet. It's now 7 weeks after our first visit to Dr Grovit and I can report that my daughter is SYMPTOM FREE, on no medication and feeling so much better! While her diet has changed dramatically, and its hard work for a 22 year old still in school, she is committed to her health and well being. Thank you Dr Grovit for putting her on the path to HEALTH!
Lori Feldman – Aug 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melvyn Grovit, DPM?
It was by mere chance that I found Dr. Grovit. My sister’s neighbour who has a son with Crohn’s recommended him to help with my autoimmune disease. I live in Ontario, Canada and hesitated at first since I would have to fly to New York to see him. I emailed Dr. Grovit a couple of times and then setup an appointment. Dr. Grovit spent over 4 hours with my partner and I discussing the treatment I would take which involved changes in diet as well as supplements. I’ve been taking the supplements for a year now and I would consider myself in remission. He is not only extremely knowledgable and up to date in his field but is very kind as well. I am very grateful that I found Dr. Grovit as he has changed my life.
Robbie in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, Ontario – Jun 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melvyn Grovit, DPM?
A gem in White Plains: Dr. Grovit is one of the most empathic, kind, generous, experienced, knowledgeable, enlightened & educated clinician I met. He tapped into his suffering & personal self-healing journey to craft an effective & safe healing protocol for GI diseases. The depth & breadth of his knowledge is unsurpassed: he keeps current with the medical, pharmaceutical & nutritional supplement research. He is an exemplar of how customized medicine should be practiced. An inspiration to all.
Mar 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melvyn Grovit, DPM?
Dr. Grovit is an exceptional doctor. Honestly one of the best in the US concerning IBD. We brought our son to Dr. Grovit when he was 10 years old and recently diagnosed with Crohns disease. We were told by a well respected hospital in New York that our son needed immediate treatment after losing 30 lbs in a single month, developing abscess. We prayed and believe God led us to Dr. Grovit. Our son is now 15 and had no health concerns since being on Dr. Grovit custom protcol 5 yr. Brilliant!
Matt VanderVen in PA – Jul 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melvyn Grovit, DPM?
If there were more stars I would add them. Dr. Grovit is first and foremost the most well read, versed and up-to-date scientific-based specialist on nutrition you could find. Dr. Grovit approach is personalized, he takes time to understand your condition by taking careful and specific inventory of your condition and provides nutritional recommendations following you through every step of your therapy with support because he cares. He is amazing. You are in the best hands. Safara Fisher
Jan 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melvyn Grovit, DPM?
In a word- Brilliant! He is a life saver. His knowledge of nutrition is unsurpassed. Most nutritionists are just spouting some information they read somewhere. He has done all of the research and knows how everything you put in your body works, not in generalities but very specific to you. I have Crohn’s disease and he helped me immensely
Michael in Baldwin,NY – Nov 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melvyn Grovit, DPM?
Thanks to Dr Grovit I can live a normal life with Crohns Disease. Three years ago I was critically ill, 60 cm of my intestine was removed and no one could help me get my life back together, I didn't know what to eat or what to do anymore. Miraculously just by speaking to someone about my illness her Daughter sees Dr Grovit and ever since I started going to him my life has changed for the best. His compassion, knowledge and nutritional advice has helped me live my life again!!!
Francisco in Long Island, NY – Aug 26, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melvyn Grovit, DPM?

How was your experience with Dr. Grovit?

A respectful and collaborative patient-centered tele-health nutrition practice dedicated to integrating nutrition science into the management of diverse clinical disorders.

Dr. Grovit was formerly Adjunct Associate Research Scientist and a clinical nutritionist at Columbia University Medical Center. He is currently in tele-health...Read more

• Nutrition