Dr. Melvin Rosenwasser, MD

Tarrytown, NY 10591

• Medicare
  • Worker's Compensation

Learn about Dr. Rosenwasser

We are committed to delivering the best care and an exceptional patient experience. We are devoted to providing services that are patient-centered and compassionate, and care for you as a person.

Personal Bio

Melvin P. Rosenwasser, MD, has expertise in orthopaedic hand, elbow, and trauma surgery, which makes him a unique specialist because he can accommodate any traumatic orthopaedic extremity problem as well as arthritic and congenital anomalies of the upper extremity.

Dr. Rosenwasser has been co-principal investigator on numerous NIH grants and awards and has authored many book chapters and peer-reviewed articles on surgery of the upper extremity as well as trauma-related surgery for both upper and lower extremities. He presents scientific lectures on his specialty both here and abroad.

Dr. Rosenwasser has also served as Chairman of many national and local hand and trauma conferences. Dr. Rosenwasser has been recognized in New York Magazines "Best Doctors in New York" Hall of Fame. Dr. Rosenwasser is also the hand consultant for the New York Yankees.

Video

Dr. Rosenwasser's Experience

Dr. Rosenwasser's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• Finger Clubbing
  • Finger Disorders
  • Finger Injuries
  • Finger Joint Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Golfer's Elbow (Medial Epicondylitis)
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hand Ligament Rupture
  • Hand Pain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Joint Fracture
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Partially Dislocated Elbow (Nursemaid Elbow)
  • Pseudoarthrosis
  • Rheumatoid Arthritis of Hand and Wrist
  • Rotator Cuff Tear
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Trigger Finger

• Wrist Reconstruction
  • Wrist Replacement
  • Wrist Surgery
  • Wrist and Forearm Tenotomy

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Johns Hopkins University / School of Medicine
  • Mount Sinai Roosevelt
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1979
  • New York Orthopaedic Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1983

Dr. Rosenwasser has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Rosenwasser does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rosenwasser and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Rosenwasser's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rosenwasser to family and friends
Dr. Rosenwasser's Performance
in Ft Lee, NJ |
Amazing, caring, patient, superior surgical results!
in gilboa, ny |
Dr. Rosenwasser and his staff were excellent. The level of care was outstanding, and the doctor took time to explain all procedures and options. All were friendly and helpful.
Maywood, NJ |
got to the appointment went in for an x ray only to find out after that they made a mistake and dint accept my insurance, paid 500 out of pocket and was told the 250 for the xray would be covered, it wasn't, and the staff is very unhelpful
Dr.Rosenwasser is an exceptional surgeon! I had unresolved complications from a prior surgery involving ulnar nerve, ulnar ligament, & forearm flexor. I compete in Division I athletics but feared my issues were unresolvable and career over, and worried about long term effects. Dr. Rosenwasser expertly addressed all issues, essentially rebuilding my arm. I have now completed rehab and am throwing freely and with strength, thrilled and looking forward to this spring season.
New York, NY |
Very good. My surgery (radiofrequency capsular shrinkage for an overstretched scapholunate ligament in my dominant wrist) was a complete success and exactly within the time frame he gave me.
Dumont, NJ |
Dr. Rosenwasser is a kind and caring man. He explains everything thoroughly and answers every question that is asked. Thanks to him, I can now hold my grandson with confidence ( and there is no better feeling.) Not a day goes by that I am not grateful for the mobility that his skill and expertise has afforded me.
in Briarcliff Manor |
My experience with Dr. Rosenwasser was very positive. I was lucky enough to be referred to him by a friend who is an orthopedic surgeon, and was told he was one of the best hand surgeons in the county. Dr. Rosenwasser expertly repaired by broken wrist, and I healed extremely well. The occupational therapist working with me, marveled at my quick progress. It has been four months since I had the surgery and my hand is back to normal again. I am very grateful to Dr. Rosenwasser.
Stillwater, NY |
Dr. Rosenwasser's pioneering surgical technique (RASL) for addressing torn scapholunate ligaments restored my wrist to near full function. After visiting 5 other surgeons and exhaustively studying literature on alternative surgical techniques, I concluded it was not close. The RASL surgery that Dr. R so skillfully performed on my wrist 5 years ago has allowed me at age 70 to keep up a very active life style--golf, basketball, biking, lifting weights, chopping wood, etc. Dr. R is outstanding.
in New York, NY |
I can strongly recommend Dr. Rosenwasser for your hand surgery - he explained what I needed to have done and how he would do it ...the best part was that he was optimistic of the outcome and was assuring that the end result would meet my needs and expectations. The entire surgery team was excellent as to be expected at NY Presbyterian. Follow-up care confirmed my expectations - great and helpful office staff.
in Ct |
Very professional and knowledgeable
in New Market, MD |
Dr. Rosenwasser expertise is "off the charts good." Thanks to him I have been able to return to all activities with no pain or discomfort. I suffered a wrist injury that severely limited the use of my left hand. I was told by doctors here in my home state ( one of which was from the National Wrist Center!!) that I would have to definitely change my lifestyle and surgery offered little hope. Thanks to Dr Rosenwasser and his brilliance I have been totally back to normal mobility for 6 years!!
in Rock Hill, NY |
5 months post surgery for re-attachment of lateral ligament in my right elbow, I have 100% range of motion and no pain in the elbow. He also repaired damage to my tendons in same arm-so painful that I couldn't peel a potato or a carrot, and I have no pain between my wrist and elbow. I am gardening, taking yoga and pilates classes-and can do a plank again!!
in New York, NY |
Dr. Rosenwasser, a brilliant, comprehensive and caring orthopedic surgeon corrected a complex wrist fracture with internal fixation 5 years ago. The surgery went well with 100% recovery. My wrist had been severely deformed from an accident; not only had my wrist returned to normal activity, it is aesthetically pleasing. Recently had a non-displaced fracture- rather than go to an ER, I wanted the best medical care. The staff quickly accommodated an appointment. Highly recommend Dr. Rosenwasser.
Have you seen Dr. Melvin Rosenwasser, MD?
Are you Dr. Rosenwasser?

Hospitals where Dr. Rosenwasser has admitting priveleges

NewYork-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital
55 Palmer Ave
Bronxville, NY 10708

More Orthopedic Hand Surgery Specialists like Dr. Rosenwasser at ColumbiaDoctors Orthopedics

Dr. Rajendra Kadiyala, MD