Dr. Melvin Ford III, DDS

Dr. Melvin Ford III, DDS

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery  ·
Dr. Melvin Ford III, DDS is an oral & maxillofacial surgery specialist in Virginia Beach, VA and has been practicing for 36 years. He graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University / Medical College of Virginia School of Dentistry in 1982 and practices oral & maxillofacial surgery and oral surgery.

2875 Sabre St Ste 260

Virginia Beach, VA 23452

• DenteMax
  • Dominion Insurance
  • Guardian
  • MetLife
  • United Concordia

Learn about Dr. Ford III

See how frequently Dr. Ford III performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Dentofacial Anomalies

Dr. Ford III's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Ford III "We strive to provide exceptional service to our patients both clinically and administratively."

2  Practice Areas

• Loose Teeth
  • Teething
  • Thumb Sucking
  • Tooth Damage

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• Virginia Commonwealth Univ VCU/MCV
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1978
  • Virginia Commonwealth University / Medical College of Virginia School of Dentistry
    Medical School | Graduated 1982
  • Scott Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1982
  • Wilford Hall Air Force Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1990

Dr. Ford III has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ford III does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ford III and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ford III's Reviews

4.5
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ford III to family and friends

Dr. Ford III's Performance

He is simply the best! Highly recommend him. Put your care in the hands of the best.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Ford at Oral Surgery of Tidewater is awesome. They really took care of me today. Tooth pieces out so now I can begin to heal. Thank You for taking such great care of me.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Ford is an amazing and compassionate surgeon. Made me feel comfortable and welcomed as if I was his only patient from day one. Never felt rushed through an appointment, he took the time to answer my 1,001 questions so I could understand! Highly recommend, I just can't say enough good things!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
He messed my surgery up and ultimately my jaw and my LIFE. I would never tell anyone to go to him. When I confronted him he would not take responsibility. It has been years since my surgery and I still have not been able to move past it.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

Ms. Watson, After reviewing your situation, I believe miscommunication was a contributing factor to your discontent with us. It's been so many years ago that I cannot speak to how things were then. At this time, we strive for each patient to have an excellent experience with us. That didn't happen for you and for that I apologize. I encourage you to find a good dental provider who can help you find a way to have a better future dentally.

Dr. Melvin so he is the best doctor I ever have treating me. I am 72 year old man need all my upper teeth removed to put that denture in. But I do not want to be put under. Dr.Ford have listen and understand my needs. He and his team was very professional and efficient. I was lucky to find him....more