Neurosurgery  |
Dr. Melvin Field, MD
Dr. Melvin Field, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Winter Park, FL. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 21 years. Dr. Field is affiliated with Florida Hospital Orlando.

1605 W Fairbanks Ave

Winter Park, FL 32789

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Field

Dr. Field's Experience

Dr. Field's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurosurgery

• Brain Cancer
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty

• University Of Florida-Interdisciplinary Studies In Basic Medical Sciences
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1993
  • University Of Florida
    Medical School | Graduated 1996
  • Children's Hospital Of Pittsburgh Of University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center-Surgical Internship
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1997
  • University Health Center Of Pittsburgh-Neurological Surgery Residency
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2003

• Outstanding Scientific Paper Presentation Award, “Minimally Invasive Approaches to Sellar and Suprasellar Tumors”; Caribbean Association of Neur, 2006
  • Top Ten Abstracts, Congress of Neurological Surgeons Annual Meeting; New Orleans, 2009
  • Best in Care, Florida Hospital Adventist Health Systems, 2008
  • BrainLAB Community Neurosurgery Award, Congress of Neurological Surgeons Annual Meeting; New Orleans, 2009
  • Top Doctor, Orlando Magazine, 2008 & 200

Dr. Field has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Field does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Field and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Field's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Field to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Field's Performance
in Orlando, FL |
Today I met Dr Field , me being 73 years young I can honestly say he is the best doctor I have met!!!! So caring , very understanding, and explains everything to you, does not make you feel uncomfortable at all. His staff is just as nice and very efficient. I truly recommend seeing him for honest and caring medical needs.
in Melbourne, FL |
Great experience. Doctor continued to show great care before and after acoustic neuroma/ facial schannoma. Is following up on any other ideas or surgeries that may be needed to finish repairs. Great staff. Highly recommended for any of your needs
Orlando, FL |
I wouldn't recommend any other Neurosurgeon. Dr. Field was thorough and spent a good amount of time talking throug my concerns. He answered all of my questions and came up with a plan that I was very comfortable with.
in Orlando, FL |
Words can not express how grateful I am for Dr. Melvin Field. After a series of tests and a MRI, I was diagnosed with a rather large Pituitary Gland Tumor by my Neuro-Ophthalmologist and he referred me to Dr. Field. My consultation with Dr. Field was such a positive experience and he thoroughly explained everything regarding my tumor/surgery. He has the BEST Surgical Team (Dr. Spector is fantastic) and staff! A month later, I am tumor-free and able to resume normal activities! Praise Jesus!
in Leesburg, Florida |
My symptoms were lower back pain with numbness inside left leg from groin to ankle. Dr Field reviewed the MRI and diagnosed third disk herniation. After review of options I chose minimally invasive surgery. Dr Field found a very large vein just underneath the nerve root. Dr Field skillfully removed the vein and carefully determined no further action was necessary. Five weeks after surgery the back pain and numbness have gone away. His analysis and actions were spot on. Great job by Dr Field.
in West Park, FL |
Ok My other review didn't show up. ?? Unfortunately , I can't and won't recommend Dr. Fields . Nice person . But didn't seem to care after my surgeries. I got the impression , He likes doing the surgeries.But wants no problems after .. I've suffered for over a year because of this. But I finally found a True Dr. that cared enough to fix the problem that Fields blew off .
in Leesburg, FL |
I fractured my neck 10 years ago and luckily Dr. Field was there to treat me. He is the most wonderful person - kind and considerate and compassionate. I am a nurse and nurses don't make good patients. So, I was a difficult one for him from the very beginning. I cannot begin to tell you all the wonderful things he did for me. It has been 10 years now and I'm still doing well. I have my limitations with my neck, but thanks to him and the Lord, I'm still able to work as a nurse. Thanks!
in Lake Mary, FL |
My appointment was at 3:30 pm. I was told he was running late 45 min. I was put in a room and he finally came in at 5 pm. I was not happy because I knew now my time with him would be rushed, and it was. I was glad I do not need surgery but was hoping he would of had more time to inform me of potential issues I might face with my herniated disk.
in Tavares, FL |
When I met Dr. Field I had been having Trigeminal Neuralgia for 8 months continuously with medications only controlling it minimally with many side effects from the drugs.I could no longer drive & my balance was impaired. Dr. Field explained the causes & treatments of the disease. He ordered a special Trigeminal MRI, which showed where the problem was and what procedure would be the most aproprate. He was trained by the Dr. who developed the procedure, Dr Jannetta. We have 100% Success.
Have you seen Dr. Melvin Field, MD?
Are you Dr. Field?