Dr. Melissa Welby, MD

Dr. Melissa Welby, MD

Psychiatry  |
Dr. Melissa Welby, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Fairfield, CT. She is 47 years old and has been practicing for 17 years.

1088 Black Rock Tpke

Fairfield, CT 06825

Learn about Dr. Welby

Dr. Welby's Experience

Dr. Welby's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Psychiatry
  • Board certified in Psychiatry

This content was provided by Dr. Welby "My goal is to provide a personalized treatment approach using innovative and effective therapies. I am attentive to my patients and we work together to define treatment goals which we use as a guide to therapy. I often work with other members of my patients' treatment team to tailor treatment and help address each persons' unique circumstances. I offer pharmacogenetic testing which examines individual genetic differences and their potential influence on drug response. I am excited to also offer telepsychiatry (video conferencing) through my practice, which increases access to care for those who may have limited time to come into the office.  I am committed to continuously improving my practice and ensuring that there is a trusting partnership between my patients and myself. I enjoy being an active member of the community. As President (2017-2018) for the Connecticut Psychiatric Society, I feel fortunate to be able to advocate for my patients and my profession. "

• Psychiatry

• Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

• Albany Medical College
    Medical School | Graduated 2000
  • Cambridge Hospital/Harvard Medical School
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2001
  • Cambridge Hospital/Harvard Medical School
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2004

Dr. Welby has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Welby does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Welby and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Welby's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Welby to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Welby's Performance
New Haven, CT |
Dr. Welby is one of the best in her field. She is very compassionate and knowledgeable and I highly recommend her to everyone I know.
Dr Welby has helped me over the years so much in so many ways. Our visits have been and will continue to be a very positive experance
in Milford, CT |
I have been seeing Dr.Welby for years. She helped me turn my life around , I'm so grateful i found her. She is not only kind and caring but also very knowledgeable specialist.
in Orange, CT |
We made an appointment over the phone which was like pulling teeth because of her booked schedule. She seemed dismissive over the phone but we made ourselves available anytime 24/7 and finally got an afternoon appt 3 weeks in advance. We had a family emergency where a member got into a motorcycle accident and had to cancel the appt 3 days in advance. We got a bill in the mail for $300 with a $200 discount leaving a balance of $100? C - rating
Have you seen Dr. Melissa Welby, MD?
Are you Dr. Welby?