Dr. Melissa Waterstone, MD

Obstetrics & GynecologyFemaleAge 48

Telehealth services available

New Patient

Current Patient

Dr. Melissa Waterstone, MD is a Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialist in New York, NY and has over 23 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Waterstone has more experience with Obstetric Care than other specialists in her area. She graduated from Joan Sanford I Weill Medical College Of Cornell University medical school in 1998. She is affiliated with NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Waterstone to book an appointment.

Weill Cornell Medical Associates

Dr. Waterstone's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Waterstone

4.3

Dr. Waterstone?
  • Office environment (65)
  • Staff friendliness (64)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (61)
  • Appointment was rushed (14)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (13)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (13)
I love Dr. Waterstone and am on my second pregnancy with her. My husband and I have moved out of New York City and I still continue to see her. She is friendly during appointments and always on time. Whenever I've had an issue, she's been calm and clear with the diagnosis. She strikes the ideal balance (for me) in that she's supportive but not overly chatty and is very practical in her guidance and explanations. I trust her guidance implicitly. Highly recommend!
Lindsay B. – Dec 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melissa Waterstone, MD?
Had a great visit with Dr. Waterstone. She really took the time to get to know me and my history, and managed to be both very friendly and very professional at the same time.
Agatha Bordonaro – Oct 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melissa Waterstone, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Waterstone since my third month of pregnancy (disaster with my first OBGYN). I had a few minor issues along the way and delivered via c-section as my baby was breach. I healed incredibly quickly and post concerns - physical and mental - were addressed. It has been over 7 years since I have been seeing her and I very happy with my visits. She is very practical, takes precautions and is straight to the point. She once called me late Friday night to let me know my MAMO was perfect so I can "enjoy the weekend".
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Sep 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melissa Waterstone, MD?
Dr. Waterstone is the absolute best.
Sep 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melissa Waterstone, MD?
LOVE Dr. Waterstone! She's really truly incredible at her job. Super easy to talk to and makes you feel so comfortable in her presence. I'm not sure if it's her knowledge, confidence or what - but it's contagious - she had me feeling like a "I got this," mentality throughout my pregnancy even when there were issues w the pregnancy. She thoroughly explained everything at every step along the way, I couldn't be more grateful - it was almost like we were a team. You truly feel the support and energy from everyone at the office. Side note: Pregnant people can be a little crazy but also so can your significant others during this time. I'd get a laugh whenever my husband would ask a silly question about something he read and she would answer but then also say to - stay off the internet. When I asked questions that aired on the side of overly- cautious or worrisome/crazy person she was always assertive in her answers and answered i a way that reminded me, "we got this."
Sep 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melissa Waterstone, MD?
Dr. Waterstone is the best doctor I see. Her knowledge and experience are the best I’ve experienced. She was my ob/gyn through all three of my pregnancies and delivered my three sons. I had zero birth complications and needed three c-sections, so that is saying a lot. Not only is she amazing with pregnancy and delivery, but she is the best with just routine gynecological care. I travel into the city just to see her- over an hour away from my home. She is just that good. She also always takes time to answer all my questions and still has a great sense of humor and outlook. Again, can’t say enough about her- truly the best!
Jessica Jett – Jul 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melissa Waterstone, MD?
There is no one in the world whom I trust more when I am pregnant then Dr. Waterstone. She is firm, smart, straight to the point. Empathic and addresses all your questions and/or concerns. She delivered both my babies via c section and I didn’t have a worry in the world because I knew everything was going to be okay. Be sure to call in advanced she books fast!!!!
Melissa M. – Jul 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melissa Waterstone, MD?
She's patient and easy to talk to. Very professional as well.
KADIA Darby – Jul 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melissa Waterstone, MD?
Dr Waterstone is a fantastic, caring & no nonsense obgyn. She will take good care of you & speak with you as honestly as a college friend.
Jun 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melissa Waterstone, MD?
Dr Waterstone is always direct but thoughtful in her delivery of information and when she answers questions. She’s thorough, concise and clear. Her communication is sensitive but also forthright, an ideal balance. The support staff is also stellar.
Sarah – May 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melissa Waterstone, MD?
In the middle of COVID-19 Dr. Waterstone was great at providing some familiarity and a sense of assurance that what I was experiencing was natural. I loved that she provided steps for me to complete and that she wanted feed back about the outcome. Although Dr. Waterstone is my GYN, I consistently feel she uses a holistic approach when treating her patients. I LOVE it and It goes a long way.
Shanequa Amelia Henry – Apr 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melissa Waterstone, MD?
I’ve been a patient for many years. She is very caring and insightful.
Mar 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melissa Waterstone, MD?
I love Dr. Waterstone. Saw her for my first pregnancy and always found her dry humor and honesty incredibly refreshing. Her entire practice is outstanding and the office/admin runs like butter. We rarely had to wait more than a few minutes before appointments. When two of my closest friends got pregnant, I immediately referred them to Waterstone. She basically knows my entire friend group now. The nurses are also phenomenal.
alisa richter – Feb 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melissa Waterstone, MD?
Dr. Waterstone has been my ob/gyn for almost 15 years. She is fantastic. Smiling, patient, caring, takes genuine interest. Gentle, makes me feel comfortable. I totally recommend. She helped to deliver my last kid. She was great.
Heather Rutner – Feb 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melissa Waterstone, MD?
Dr Watersone has been my OBGYN physician for 7 years and counting. She's the best!!! After two pregnancies and labor experiences, I wouldn't trade her for anybody else. She is so Motherly, Compassionate, Understanding and Empathetic. Would I go to another OBGYN provider, not at all. I love Dr Waterstone and I do plan to have my other children only under her care because she's phenomenal!!!
Carolyn Williams – Feb 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melissa Waterstone, MD?
Dr. Waterstone is an exceptional, efficient, and caring OB/GYN. She provided excellent care throughout my first pregnancy and safely delivered my son. She is professional and personable; bring humor, joy, and expertise into the delivery room.
Taylor W. – Feb 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melissa Waterstone, MD?
It was quick from check-in to seeing Dr Waterstone. She was kind and professional.
Nov 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melissa Waterstone, MD?
Always feel very comfortable with Dr Waterstone. I never feel rushed. One of my favorite doctors.
Nov 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melissa Waterstone, MD?
Dr. Waterstone has been my doctor for 12+ years. I love her efficient manner and direct feedback to my questions. Most importantly she safely and successfully brought my 2 children into the world! As a caregiver she also saw me through 2 failed pregnancies and a scary mammogram. I can’t say enough about her skills, her network of doctors and my confidence in her.
JT – Nov 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melissa Waterstone, MD?
She is excellent. Knowledgeable, personable and efficient. A true professional in every sense of the word. I would definitely recommend her to others.
Nov 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melissa Waterstone, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Waterstone?

No malpractice claims found for New York

Frequently Treated by Dr. Waterstone

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Waterstone treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Waterstone treats other conditions, please contact the office at (646) 962-7300.

Obstetric Care

Obstetric care specialists focus on the health of both mother and baby during pregnancy and through labor and delivery, including prenatal screening, treatment of complications, and vaginal or C-section delivery.Compare with other Obstetric Care specialists.

Dr. Waterstone typically treats 62% more often than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 9 conditions and procedures

Treatments
Vaginal Delivery and VBAC
C-Section
High Risk Pregnancy
Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
Normal Frequency

Dr. Waterstone's conditions and procedures:

• Abdominal Disorders
  • Amniocentesis
  • Anemia and Iron Deficiency Screening
  • Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
  • Bacterial Sepsis
  • Hepatitis Screening
  • Herpes Simplex Screening
  • High Risk Pregnancy
  • HIV Screening
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Human Papillomavirus DNA Testing
  • Mastodynia
  • Maternal Anemia
  • Maternal Hypotension Syndrome
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Pregnancy Test
  • Pregnancy Ultrasound
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Uterine Diseases
  • Uterine Fibroids
  • Uterine Prolapse
  • Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Venous Thrombosis and Phlebitis in Pregnancy
  • Wound Repair
  • Yeast Infections

Dr. Waterstone accepts

We are committed to delivering the best care and an exceptional patient experience. We are devoted to providing services that are patient-centered and...Read more

Dr. Melissa Waterstone graduated from the University of Pennsylvania and went to Medical School at Weill Cornell Medical College and received her MD in...Read more

• Obstetrics & Gynecology