Dr. Melissa Terchek, MD

Dr. Melissa Terchek, MD

Rheumatology | Female

Dr. Melissa Terchek, MD is a rheumatology doctor who practices in Murrells Inlet, SC. She is 46 years old. Dr. Terchek is affiliated with Conway Medical Center and Grand Strand Health – Grand Strand Medical Center.

Dr. Terchek's Experience

See how Dr. Terchek's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Terchek

Dr. Terchek accepts 5 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Terchek has admitting privileges.

Dr. Terchek's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Terchek to family and friends
3.1
Dr. Terchek's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
N Myrtle Beach, SC |
Today I had an appt with her at 11:30 am and finally saw her at 2:10 pm. The first thing she said after looking at the routing sheet on my chart was - "This is not my routing sheet. Where is mine?" How was I to know that??? I told her I was VERY unhappy with today's wait, it is totally unacceptable and if I was here on a full-time basis, there is no way I would EVER return to that office. She seems to be a good Dr, but her timeliness and that of her office staff is deplorable.
Myrtle Beach, SC |
Dr. Terchek had disability paperwork to complete for my yearly review. After 5 weeks she has not completed it. She has problems refilling medications took 3 weeks. Her affect is one of giggly and complaining. She makes her problems your problems. She does not pay attention to concerns nor do her exams address problems. Takes a two hour wait to see her but few if any patients in waiting room. I would not recommend her at all.
Myrtle Beach, SC |
I can never get anyone to call me back in that office. I have gone so far as to fax my problem, but it was "lost" If you are having a problem with any medication, forget it, it won't get fixed until your next appt. And I blame all of this on Dr. Terchek;'s staff. And the fact that she has to enter into the computer the whole time she is with you, someone else should be doing that, so she can relate to the patient.
in Calabash, NC |
I love her is is great and gives me all the time that is needed. She cares about all of her patients. Some times you have a long wait to get in to see her but she is worth it. She helped me so much and I would tell anyone that she is the best.
in Myrtle Beach, SC |
Dr. Terchek as a doctor is amazing & caring with the drive but not enough time to do everything she wants with all of her patients. I KNOW without a doubt she would spend a day with everyone if she could, but she really needs more help. Dr. Tercheck has ALL best intentions & is one of THE best, always booked-works lunches & runs late. She seems to do quite a bit, I just have to call about planned things to get them done but I don't blame her.
in Conway, SC |
She has the gift of patience (even with me, a patient with extreme difficulty expressing what my problems are), a Very Good listener, and a genuine healer. She saved my life.
in Boston MA |
My mother sees Dr. Terchek and has had a very frustrating experience. Her RA is very severe and she needs to have infusions on a regular basic to manage her pain. Scheduling these infusions have been extremely difficult because no one ever calls her back. Dr. Terchek might be a fine doctor but she really is only as good as her office staff, which from what I can see is horrible.
Have you seen Dr. Melissa Terchek, MD?
Are you Dr. Terchek?

Compare Dr. Terchek

Dr. Terchek's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Rheumatology
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in South Carolina not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

Dr. Terchek does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Terchek and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

St George's University
    Ny Hospital Queens

Completed in 2000

Med College of GA

Completed in 2003

Dr. Terchek does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Terchek and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Rheumatology

Dr. Terchek does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Terchek and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.