Urology  |
Dr. Melissa Fischer, MD
Please allow me to introduce myself. I grew up in southeast Michigan and enjoy raising my children in the the Detroit area. I completed a Urology residency at Henry Ford Health Systems (2005) and a fellowship in Urodynamics and Female Urology from New York University (2006). I am a Board Certified Urologist and subspecialty certified in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery. I have enjoyed practicing at William Beaumont Hospitals since 2006.

3535 W 13 Mile Rd Ste 407

Royal Oak, MI 48073

Learn about Dr. Fischer

See how frequently Dr. Fischer performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Urinary Incontinence
Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse

Dr. Fischer's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Fischer "I have spent my entire adult life studying, training and striving to master the art of medicine. It is my privilege to practice medicine and to work with a staff that is equally committed to patient care.  My practice is subspecialized to address complex female urologic issues, urologic issues related to neurologic disorders, male incontinence and retention.  These issues can dramatically affect a person's quality of life.  I have dedicated myself to do everything in my ability to improve my patient's lives. "

• Urology

• Pelvic Pain
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Prostate Cyst
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse

• Orchiectomy
  • Prostate Removal
  • Urethral Sling
  • da Vinci® Robotic Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• University Of Michigan / Ann Arbor
  • Henry Ford Hosp Hlth Sys
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2005
  • New York University / College Of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2006

Dr. Fischer has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Fischer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Fischer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Fischer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Fischer to family and friends
3.0
Dr. Fischer Says:

I want my patients to know that I do read and appreciate all patient comments. I understand your experience in my office is personal and your time valuable. Please respect the fact that I take my oath and my patients' privacy seriously.  I will never directly respond to a comment. I constantly strive to deliver quality patient care in a supportive and professional environment.

Dr. Fischer's Performance
Royal Oak, MI |
I would never recommend her to anyone! All the bad reviews on this feed describes her correctly. I've waited two hours to get a two minute appointment with her. I've seen her 7 times with a serious bladder issue, she keeps seeing you to get more money from insurance company's. Your a fraud! Not considerate of her patients and there issues to see a specialist in the first place. She's so arrogant she even left a comment saying she reads the reviews and pretty much saying she still can't help you.
in Royal Oak, MI |
I had been suffering with an undiagnosed bladder/testicle pain for about 7 weeks. A couple of other medical professionals were not able to diagnose my condition. Within about 5 minutes, Dr. Fischer properly diagnosed my condition as a kidney stone. CT Scan subsequently confirmed that I had a 6 mm kidney stone in my right ureter. I was scheduled for surgery, and Dr. Fischer removed the stone for me. I'm pain free now! Highly recommended!!
Dr. Fischer has a gentle touch and used to explain everything. Lately, I have found her more distant and willing to hand over my office visit to a Fellow from Oakland University where Dr. Fischer teaches. My concern is that she would schedule procedures just to give the Fellow experience. My last visit, without asking for my permission, Dr. Fisher had the Fellow do the examination. I knew nothing about this person and I lost trust in Dr. Fischer. I filed a complaint with my insurance company.
in Smyrna, GA |
My mother was admitted to the ER with two large kidney stones. Dr. Fischer is (or was) my mom's urologist. We got ahold of Dr. Fischer & she's spoke with my mom. She was very rude saying things like, "I'm 45 minutes behind schedule because I had to call you". What kind of patient care is that? Then she's cancelled my mother's surgery to get them taken out because she didn't want to deal with her. Horrible Dr. & bedside manner. I wouldn't recommend her if she wasn't the last Dr. on Earth!
Wixom,Mi |
Very thorough and to the point. Explains things well!
Madison Heights, MI |
The experience I had with her made me rule out EVER returning. She left the room when I still had questions. It's not as if you know the appt has ended, but she is avoiding more conversation. The kicker: She called in my prescription. Didn't know she'd done it. Wanted to change the location. She got loud, "That's why I asked you!" Seriously? I am a paying patent. The staff seemed uncomfortable w/ her speaking to me that way too. Very poor experience. She needs more empathy and humility. SAD.
in Royal Oak, MI |
I was very impressed with Dr. Fischer's professionalism, courteousness and ability/willingness to listen. She answered all of my questions and suggested an alternative diagnosis for my urology issue. She quickly wrote orders for additional tests and was available for a follow-up appointment the following week. Her staff is also very courteous and helpful. Top marks all around.
in Royal Oak, MI |
I went to her as a new patient and came the requested 20 minutes prior to my appt. I ended up waiting over an hour past my appt. time. I understand things happen, but this was my first impression of Dr. Fischer and I was not happy. If she does not take the time to schedule herself effectively, how can I entrust her with my care? I was not told she was running late, or offered an apology. I did not end up seeing Dr. Fischer and I will be seeking care from a more considerate urologist.
Royal Oak, MI |
I don't have enough nice things to say about Dr. Fischer and her staff, I would highly recommend her.
Royal Oak, MI |
Missed an ultra sound appt last year. New follow up for back to back UTIs. When asked about it on new appt day I apologized and explained about anxiety. She mentioned it 3-4 times in a row. It wasn't personal. Took two phone calls during my appt. Regardless of severity, this was a follow up. Don't miss an appt, you will feel unwelcome and like you are wasting her time when you show up, might as well not have shown up at all. Only plus is I got preventatives I needed, could get those elsewhere.
in Sterling Heights, MI |
Staff is nice, but doctor is don't care about you. Waited for dr , 55 min!!! She spent with me 11 min!!! Rescheduled my follow up appointment with no reason, without apology, without explanation. Asked her some questions, she replied we will talk about next time. What????!!!
in Berkley, MI |
The staff at the Beaumont-Royal Oak office was very cordial and professional in making my first visit to their office as pleasant as possible. My privacy was an upmost concern. Dr. Fischer was on-time and very nice. She took the time to get to know my history and what medical condition brought me to her office. She was very gentle in her examination process. She gave me her analysis of my situation and options for going forward. I visit many medical offices and her's was top-notch. Recommended.
Have you seen Dr. Melissa Fischer, MD?
Are you Dr. Fischer?