Dr. Melissa Delgado, MD

Dr. Melissa Delgado, MD

GynecologyFemaleAge 51

Dr. Melissa Delgado, MD is a Gynecology Specialist in Vienna, VA. She is affiliated with Reston Hospital Center. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Delgado to book an appointment.

The Chronic Pelvic Pain Center of Northern Virginia

• Practices at Top Hospital Labor and Delivery Excellence Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Delgado's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Delgado

2.7

7.547169811320755%
7.547169811320755%

Dr. Delgado
I'm honestly stunned to see that anyone would give Dr. Delgado anything less than a full 5 stars. I have a slew of health conditions--and a slew of providers to go along with them--and Dr. Delgado is one of just two that I feel I couldn't live without. She is caring, down-to-earth, and--most importantly--a skilled diagnostician. In fact, I see another specialist in LMG (unrelated specialty) who always makes a point to look at what she has noted and treated. If you have bladder, or even diffuse back pain, you should really make an appointment with Dr. Delgado. I have been nothing less than completely satisfied with her consults, in-office procedures, and surgery.
Carrie W. – Jun 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melissa Delgado, MD?
While initially I thought very highly of Dr. Delgado and was impressed I ended up terminating the relationship after one if the most hostile conversations I have ever had from a medical doctor. She has built a niche based on a couple of the same diagnoses and the same protocol for everyone. If you don't buy into it or you try to have her look at your case wholistically from other aspects or tests she is unwilling to do so; hence, leading to her downright hostile behavior toward me and my terminating the relationship.
May 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melissa Delgado, MD?
She thought I had interstitial cystitis and forced me to undergo treatments for it and buy expensive supplements when I did not, in fact have it. My symptoms didn’t even match the disease. She didn’t want to order an MRI for adenomyosis but when it came back positive forced me to get another to show I didn’t have it, when I did. Said I was “catastrophizing” for wanting a hysterectomy. I took my result to a different Dr., got my surgery and have been pain free since day 4 post op. I still feel like she couldn’t deal with me not having babies or something, like why? I did not want children. This whole experience was super traumatizing.
Apr 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melissa Delgado, MD?
I am so glad after reading these reviews that I am not alone. Dr. Delgado, as someone here simply put it, “does not know how to talk to patients”. She is legitimately scary. At my appointment yesterday, I calmly expressed to her what I felt. She did not listen to a word I said. When I said I felt she was treating me like an addict, she became so irate claiming I clarify what I said because she felt “ insulted”. After going over all of my other conditions that she is NOT and never will be an expert in, I gave her my side of things- that I live with these conditions and have a whole community of friends and acquaintances that do as well. She, again, went off at me and literally mocked me. She kept going “I operated on you!” So what? I told her I appreciated that even though I’m still in severe pain and shouldn’t be. She yelled, wagged her finger at me, and her idiot nurse was standing beside her while I was crying just nodding. And more. She has an AWFUL bedside manner and needs help
Katie – Feb 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melissa Delgado, MD?
I was experiencing UTI like symptoms with negative urine cultures. Her office does microgen testing which is enhanced urine testing. After my culture came back positive for ureaplasma, the nurse gave me a course of antibiotics, but then also diagnosed me with Intersititial Cystitis, a devastating incurable diagnosis. They pushed a whole regimen on me and sold me various supplements, and told me I would need weekly bladder installations, along with 6 Oxone therapy treatments. My gut told me to wait and see. At the end of the 14 days, I was feeling about 75% better. I had read that ureaplasma can be persistent and sometimes needs multiple rounds. I called and asked if I could have another round, and was told no. I called my gyno and he instantly said yes, it’s well known ureaplasma can be tough, let’s do it. And guess what? I was cured. How many healthy bladders are they instilling with medication that isn’t needed?
Kaileen Michelle Galhouse – Nov 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melissa Delgado, MD?
They are painfully (literally...) slow in getting back to me with test results which is horrible if when you have a UTI! I have never heard of a doctor that waits two weeks before getting you on antibiotics when you have an infection. I like that she is trying new treatments for chronic UTIs, but she doesn't offer them often enough that you can actually follow the recommended schedule to resolve the issue. A bit frustrating since she seems to be the only one in town that focuses on pelvic pain.
May 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melissa Delgado, MD?
No help what so ever. I went to her because of chronic pelvic pain and had been to many doctors prior. She would not listen to anything I said. Wanted to put me on birth control after I had just told her due to a health condition I was unable to take any hormones. She kept on pushing different birth controls, I was not there for birth control I was there because of pain. She rain over twelve hundred dollars in tests and never returned all of my phone calls for the results!!
Herndon, VA – Feb 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melissa Delgado, MD?
Worst doctor and very bad staff.Doctor does not how to talk to patients .
Nov 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melissa Delgado, MD?
Dr. Delgado is an absolute life saver. I recently graduated from UVA, started research at NIH, and am applying to MD PhD programs, so have been having an incredibly busy year, but also very painful side effects (including a month of hell) from what turned out to be complications from birth control. She is familiar with functional medicine and works in tandem nutritionists and physical therapists for a comprehensive approach got me out of pain and right back to living my life to the full!
Nicole in Reston, VA – Jun 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melissa Delgado, MD?
She’s very friendly, very trustworthy, and is very patient when describing things.
May 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melissa Delgado, MD?
The absolute worst doctor I have been to in my 35 years of existence. If you value your health at all you will stay away and warn all of your friends and family. This "doctor" has misdiagnosed me twice as well as put me on TWO (2) different strong antibiotics for non existent infection ( found out when I have finally gotten copies of squeaky clean tests back). She have literally ruined my health and I just want to scream off top of the tallest building in the world to please never ever see her.
Mar 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melissa Delgado, MD?
Dr. Delgado is one of 2-3 physicians in the past 10 years with a willingness to look beyond the "likely" causes of my health problems. I tried everything from Mayo Clinic to reiki, and basically lost hope that I could ever feel better. But Dr. Delgado is utterly indefatigable--always cracking the books or attending CME in an effort to ferret out the underlying cause of unusual or persistent symptoms. I have a complicated medical history, and am ever grateful that my GYN surgeon referred me.
C.W. in Alexandria, VA – Feb 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melissa Delgado, MD?
I need to transfer my existing prescription to my new insurance provider. When you call this office about prescriptions, they only allow you to leave a message. Over two weeks, I left 3 messages; I sent 2 emails; My insurance provider called and faxed. NO RESPONSE. BTW- They only work 3 days a week! Now I have to go off of my prescription because this office completely ignored my repeated requests.
Jan 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melissa Delgado, MD?
I have seen Dr. Delgado for Interstitial Cystitis since Sep. 2017. She is the most caring, knowledgeable and kind specialist I have seen for my health problem. She listens with patience and discusses the best treatment options and follows step by step. I can never thank her enough. I was able to go back to work after six months of bed rest. Her office staff especially her manager are awesome, organized and helpful. I will recommend Dr. Delgado and her staff to family and friends for sure.
MA in Germantown, MD – Jan 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melissa Delgado, MD?
Dr. Delgado and her staff are amazing. It is hard to find a doctor that will truly listen to you and take the time to explain things. Dr. Delgado has answered questions I've had for years, and it has truly been a blessing to have these answers. Her staff is kind, welcoming and took the time to learn who I was in just a few visits. Dr. Delgado takes my lifestyle into consideration when determining the best treatments for me. Something else that I love is she is eager to use more natural remedies.
Vienna – Jan 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melissa Delgado, MD?
Dr. Delgado is a "one of a kind" doctor, she takes so much time with her patients, really listening to their needs and concerns. I came in for interstitial cystitis which had went undiagnosed for most of my life and I'm 50!! She evaluated me and prescribed a course of treatment that has really improved my condition. Dr. Delgado also went above and beyond with my pain management by treating me with acupuncture, which was life changing to me in so may ways, I would recommend it to everyone.
Candace in Aldie – Jan 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melissa Delgado, MD?
Worst doctors office I have ever been to, you have to call at least 10 times for an answer. The office manager clearly has no idea what she is doing. I went one time and will NEVER return
Lorton, VA – Nov 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melissa Delgado, MD?
Dr. Delgado is friendly and extremely helpful. She spent a lot of time with me, and I was in only for a routine check-up. She explains things thoroughly and in an easy way to understand. She also sets out options for gyno concerns. I have had several check-iups with her over the past three years and can highly recommend her.
Vienna, VA – Sep 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melissa Delgado, MD?
Honestly the rudest OB/GYN I've ever gone to. She was over an hour late for my appointment and then yelled at me for not telling her it was okay. It's clear she doesn't care about anyone's time but her own and has zero bedside manner for new (or continuing) patients. I would not recommend her to anyone.
Washington, DC – Aug 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melissa Delgado, MD?
When the spa closed down, I never received a call saying that the lady who does the spa has left, never got a deadline to get my refund. I had to call to find out that there was no more spa and kept calling them to see if they have hired somebody else, they kept saying they haven't never once told me that I had a deadline for my refund once I tried to get my refund they said the account has closed and can't do anything about. Yet I can get a call logged and all the recordings proving my facts
Myrka M Calderon in Manassas – May 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melissa Delgado, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Delgado?

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Check Dr. Delgado's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Pelvic Exams
  • Pelvic Floor Repair
  • Pelvic Floor Therapy
  • Pelvic Laparoscopy
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Pregnancy Test
  • Temperature-Controlled Radio Frequency Non-Invasive Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatment
  • Tubo-Ovarian Abscess
  • Vaginal Prolapse
  • Vaginal Surgery

Dr. Delgado accepts

Dr. Delgado accepts the following insurance:

Select
Blue Preferred PPO
CareFirst Maryland POS
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage

General gynecology, chronic pelvic pain treatment, acupuncture, and aesthetic services

While working in Virginia at an OB-GYN practice, Dr. Delgado established a Chronic Pelvic Pain Clinic focusing on Endometriosis and Interstitial Cystitis....Read more

• Gynecology