Dr. Melissa Darling, MD

Practices Dermatology

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 4 after 69 reviews.
Author:
Appointment was 10:15. Didn't get to see the Dr. until 11:15 and then she was in and out in about 5 minutes. My Friend recommended her and said she listened and answered all her questions. I had the exact opposite experience. I believe she was overbooked and just wanted to get on to her next patient. From the reviews, it appears she does not treat all her patients the same. I still don't know what my problem is and I definitely would not recommend her.
We clearly missed the mark with your appointment. Our objective is to provide expert dermatology care in a professional environment that respects your needs. We will use your feedback to ensure that this is a consistent occurrence and apologize for your poor experience. If you would like additional clarification regarding the diagnosis and treatment recommended at your visit, please feel free to call our office and visit with one of our nurses. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.
Author:
Dr. Darling was personable and professional. She addressed my concerns, was respectful, and worked quickly with precision. I'm referring my loved ones to her.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others! We appreciate your kind words.
Author:
Dr. Darling is exceptional in her practice of dermatology. She is kind, caring and shows expertise in all areas. Her staff has been trained to show compassion as well. You are made to feel comfortable from the moment you walk through the door. I highly recommend Dr. Darling and her staff for your dermatology needs.
Thank you so much for this very nice review! We appreciate your mention of our dedicated staff. Our receptionists, nurses and also the staff who work behind the scenes are devoted to good patient care and we are so happy that it showed in your visit. Thank you for allowing us to assist you with your healthcare needs!
Author:
I’m SO glad I saw Dr. Darling, she listened to me, my concerns, she wasn’t afraid to touch my skin, she made me feel like a friend with a skin concern, not a patient, not a number. When I asked to treat aggressively, she didn’t try to talk me out of it, she was all for it. Dr. Was personable, we had just met and talked about families, pets, etc. her bedside manner is fabulous, she made me feel SO comfortable I Will most definitely see Dr. Darling again, AND recommend her to family and friends.
Thank you for leaving such a nice review! We are so happy to hear that you were made to feel respected and comfortable! We appreciate your recommendation and hope you will choose us the next time you have a dermatology need.
Author:
I really appreciate the time she spent explaining everything.I will be back.
This is just what we like to hear - a good experience and good patient care. Thanks for your great feedback!
Author:
She did a thorough examination of the areas that concerned me and took immediate care of those that were worrisome. She answered all my questions.
Thanks for this great feedback! We appreciate your choice of Midwest Dermatology Clinic and Dr. Darling for your dermatology needs.
Author:
Very friendly takes her time with you. I didn't feel rushed.
Thank you for your feedback!
Author:
Amazing doctor! Great bedside mannerisms and super knowledgeable!
Thank you Julie! It's good to know that you have had such a great experience. We are standing by if you have any additional dermatology needs.
Author:
She is very friendly and efficient. I have the utmost confidence in her.
Thanks Lisa! It is good to know that we have earned your trust. Come see us any time you have a dermatology concern!
Author:
This gal holds ZERO water to a 2nd year Med student. She has ZERO profesionabillity, and couldnt bother to see a second-opinion biopsy from an outside facility (The VA & the Joint Center of Pathology). She had the gaul to assume I was getting information from “google” <— her words, precisely, but she did not even know who the “National Center of Bioinformation & technology” is. Apparently, this “doctor”, needs to do more “googling”. Worst Dr. experience in my life. Better off seeing a PA.
Author:
I have recommended Dr. Darling to others and they were pleased with her services also. Great friendly staff and wait time is minimal.
It's good to hear that you've had a top notch experience Karen! Thank you for your recommendation!
Author:
I would and have recommended Dr. Darling to my friends. I first tried Dr. Darling because I wanted a female Dermatologist. She is very professional, yet compassionate. I feel totally at ease and comfortable placing my dermatology needs in her hands. I had a Basal cell carcinoma removed from my forehead and I am very pleased with the end result. Excellent work! Thank you Dr. Darling!
Big thanks from Dr. Darling and all of us at Midwest Dermatology Clinic! It is patients like you who make our jobs so enjoyable! We appreciate your kind words and recommendation.
Author:
Super friendly, knowledgeable and efficient.
Thanks for this great feedback!
Author:
I have seen Dr. Darling for two years now. She is very professional and takes time to explain procedures with you. I would highly recommend her to everyone.
Thank you Tanya! We appreciate the continued opportunity to provide you with dermatology care!
Author:
I was very pleased with her demeanor and professionalism. Her nurse was excellent and I got in on time for my appointment. I would recommend Dr Darling to a friend or family member.
Thanks Colleen! We do strive to provide professional services in a timely manner and it is good to hear that you were satisfied!
Author:
I am so happy I have searched for a really good dermatologist . I have seen 5 different dermatologists since moving to Omaha 4 yrs ago. I feel like I have finally found the perfect fit for me!!! Dr.Darling is AWESOME!!! As a patient I feel like Dr.Darling takes care of the issue!! She is intelligent, pretty and very kind!!! I feel like she gives 110% to all her patients!!! Dr.Darling's staff is very helpful and kind as well!! Very happy I finally found an incredible Dermatologist. Thank-u :)
Tamara we are so thankful that you took the time to express your thoughts regarding Dr. Darling and your visit at Midwest Dermatology Clinic. We appreciate your glowing praise and we are happy you have chosen us to meet your dermatology needs!
Author:
Dr. Darling and the whole stafff- officenand doctors did a great job answering my questions quickly, put my mind at ease, make an appointment and help my son. Thank you for for you understanding and care!
Thanks for this awesome review! We are particularly pleased to know that we put your mind at ease. Part of our job is to be reassuring with our patients and it is good to know that it came across in your visit!
Author:
Minor complaint. I had cryo done and I don't feel like I was given an adequate explanation of what to expect. When I had my initial surgery I was given an excellent document that explained what to expect, how to handle the wounds, etc. I wasn't given anything like this after my cryo treatment and was a little alarmed at the blistering, etc. I did some follow up research and found out this is normal for this procedure.
Oh no! We are very sorry if you did not receive our wound care instructions for this procedure. We do provide these care instructions in writing. Please contact our office if you have any questions - a nurse is standing by to help. We're happy that you received good care in every other regard and appreciate the feedback.
Author:
I have been to quite a few dermatologists over the years and Dr. Darling is the best. She is smart, friendly and always takes my concerns seriously. The office is well run (no excessive wait times) with great nursing staff.
Thank you for saying so many nice things about Dr. Darling and for including our nursing staff! They are caring professionals who give our patients the best care!
Author:
Dr. Darling was very personable and friendly. Enjoyed meeting her and I will definitely return if another appointment is needed.
Thanks Marilyn! We appreciate your review. Dr. Darling and staff are standing by to help whenever a dermatology need arises!
Author:
I love, love Dr. Darling. She is super sweet and I loved her nurses. She is always so kind but yet professional. She has helped me a lot with my eye issues. Thank you Dr Darling.
What a nice review Debbie! We agree with your comments about Dr. Darling. And thank you for mentioning our A plus nursing staff - we are so proud of the care and education they provide daily to our valued patients. It's a team effort, and we are lucky to have patients like you who appreciate this collaborative effort!
Author:
Prompt professional thorough and she is down to earth. She identified a precancerous growth that well could have been trouble if left unchecked. Ever grateful I found her.
Thank you for taking the time to share your story! Skin cancer diagnosis, treatment - and perhaps most importantly - prevention are important areas of focus in our practice. So we too are grateful - happy to have the opportunity to meet your healthcare needs!
Author:
Dr. Darling was wonderful! After seeing several doctors and not getting answers she took the time to listen to our concerns not just look at us like overprotective parents. She took one look at our kids and knew what was going on, a few days later and they are doing awesome! We were only in town for a few days and they were able to squeeze us in. Dr. Darling definitely lives up to her name she was so respectful and attentive to not only us as the parents but also showed she cared for our kids.
Thank you for such a glowing review! It's so good to know that we were able to get you some effective treatment. On behalf of Dr. Darling and the staff, we are so happy to be your family's choice for dermatology care.
Author:
Except for waiting time, the visit, your assistant and the procedure could not have been better. I would have no problems giving Dr. Darling & her office my utmost praise. Thank You!
Thanks Carol! Dr. Darling will be happy to know that you were so pleased with your visit. And we hear your feedback regarding wait times and understand that we have to work on that. Your time is important! Thanks for giving us five stars in all other aspects of our service.
Author:
My 14-year old son and I had our first appointment with Dr. Darling and could not have been more impressed. When talking to my son she was kind and laid back making him comfortable. In checking me for skin cancer, Dr. Darling was thorough and professional. Great person as well as doctor.
Thank you Tara! It's nice to know that we met the needs of not one, but two people! It is our pleasure to be your family's dermatologist.
Author:
The staff and Dr. Darling were very friendly!
That is great to hear! Thank you for leaving a five star review!
Author:
I had a very positive experience with Dr. Darling and the entire staff. Very little wait time and I did not feel rushed at my appointment. I highly recommend Dr. Darling.
Thank you for recommending us to others Karen! Happy to hear that you were pleased with your experience at Midwest Dermatology Clinic. We are ready to help if you need dermatology care in the future!
Author:
Dr. Melissa Darling Excellent Professional Doctor that took very good care of me& addressed the issue at hand with respect, dignity, kindness, compassion, excellent active Listener with great dialogue back. Thank-you Dr. Melissa Darling.
Thank you Mary! You used so many nice words to describe Dr. Darling! All the things you list - kindness, compassion, respect, active listening and dignity - are important elements in establishing a good doctor-patient relationship. We are happy that we were able to make this connection with you and look forward to helping you any time a dermatology need arises!
Author:
Dr Darling was very effeicent and friendly. The nursing staff has also been friendly and helpful during my visits.
Thanks for pointing out that our nursing staff is top notch! We could not agree more! Happy to hear that you were pleased with your care. We are here to help if you have any additional dermatology needs.
Author:
I found Dr. Darling to be very professional and thorough. I would 100% recommend her and her staff. Thanks Tim
Thanks so much for your words of encouragement and praise. We love to hear that you have confidence in the care you received!
Author:
She shows a real interest in your welfare!
Well said Michael! Your medical care is our highest priority. Thanks for choosing Midwest Dermatology Clinic for your skin's good health.
Author:
Thorough, efficient visit. Friendly but not overly so. Very professional. Have not made urgent appointment but answer required.
Thank you for sharing your experience! We are happy that your needs were met with kindness and professionalism. And while you did not have a reason for scheduling an urgent appointment, rest assured that we are standing by to help if an urgent need arises!
Author:
Great office... love all the staff.. they are wonderful with my son.
Thank you for reviewing Dr. Darling and especially for your kind words about our staff. Providing you and your family with compassionate, professional care is our top priority and we are so happy that we are meeting your needs.
I love Dr. Darling!
We are so happy to hear that you have been satisfied with Dr. Darling! Thanks for taking the time to give us this feedback.
Author:
Dr. Darling has always taken great care of me. I have been to a few other doctors but she is by far the best. She is very knowledgable professional and caring.
What kind words! Thank you so much for sharing!
Author:
Dr Darling has, for the past 2 or 3 years, have provided me with excellent care. I see her every 4 to 6 months as I’m a high risk for all the skin cancers and she catches them all. I have recommended Dr Darling to my family and they’re very satisfied with the care they received from Dr Darling.
Thank you for choosing us to help you monitor your skin cancer concerns. We consider diagnosis, treatment and prevention of skin cancer to be one of our top priorities. It's good to know that you have confidence in the care you received!
Author:
This was my first visit with this Dr. I had chosen Dr Darling from the web & reviews. I was impressed with her in several ways: She was knowledgeable, pleasant & hospitable, thorough, & prescribed med applicable for my issue. She also gave me an inj in the office that gave immediate relief to the itching & miserableness. Within hours, I felt much better & within days my issue was almost completely alleviated! Thank you, Dr Darling for a job well done:)??
We are so appreciative of your kind words and happy to hear that your needs were met!
Author:
I had some skin cancer. Dr. Darling. The nurse who assisted, and the rest of the staff were very helpful and efficient.
Thanks for your feedback! We appreciate the opportunity to be provide you with dermatology care.
Author:
Great experience! I was concerned about a mole that was suspiciously large. Dr. Darling not only examined that mole but checked me from head to toe. I have a family history of malignant melanoma, so I’m glad to find a dermatologist to answer all my questions and keep an eye on all my concerns.
We are happy to have gained your confidence while monitoring you for signs of skin cancer and hope to see you for an annual check up! Melanoma is a serious diagnosis and family history is cause for extra vigilance. And proactive protection - so don't forget to slather on the sunscreen every morning!
Author:
Staff were borderline rude, not welcoming. This was my first Dermatology appointment ever and within one minute of meeting Dr. Darling she was using the nitrogen gun on my face. I was taken aback at how fast things were moving then she was in and out within 3 minutes. I am fair skinned and had a precancerous spot on my face but she left without even taking initiative to look at my shoulders or back (areas I can’t see well). The appointment was so swift I felt like a number not a valued patient.
Author:
1st visit with Dr. Darling was great a year ago. I went back excited to see her this time and my experience was completely opposite. I agree with the other reviews, her bedside manor is poor and she seems rushed. I definatley feel like a number and not a patient. I will be switching, I would consider going back if her client side approach changed.
Thank you for leaving a review. The confidence and satisfaction of patients like you is our first priority. We would like to learn more about your experience and why you felt rushed, and hope you will contact our office at (402) 552-2555 to share the details. We are happy to hear that you were satisfied at your first visit and will work hard to ensure all patients received that type of care!
Author:
Extremely nice and courteous. I have recommended Dr. Darling to family and friends who all love her!
Thank you so much for recommending us to your friends and family! We really value your feedback and are happy to hear that you had a good experience.
Author:
I love Dr. Darling! I got 1 cc of juvaderm on my upper lip and had a little left over for my nose. I had a dorsal hump and was considering rhinoplasty. She smoothed out my bump and I am so so pleased with my results! Highly recommend! Thank you Dr. Darling!!!!!
Thank you Jessica! We are so grateful to have patients like you.
Author:
Dr Darling listened to my concerns, suggested treatment options, and performed my choice well. She spent extra time with me recommending what I could do going forward and suggesting products to use for my condition. I walked out feeling satisfied and hopeful.
Thank you for your kind words! Patient feedback is very important to us. We are happy to hear that you've had a top-notch experience.
Author:
I wish I would have read the reviews! Bedside manner is rushed And So Unfriendly, She Doesnt Listen! She didn't even touch my face- I brought photos to show her my face over the past year and she only looked at 3 of them i was so insulted!! I expected a thorough evaluation and didn't get that. She tried pushing oral pills on me when I kept saying I can't take them! I asked her to write down a Daily Routine and she Didnt. Left In Tears. Contacting Medical Board Shes Unacceptable.
Give us a call-we can look into your concerns! We can definitely help you with a skin regimen and can look see if there is an alternative to oral meds. However sometimes that is the best option for a good outcome. Rest assured you received a thorough exam-touch can sometimes be a helpful tool in diagnosis but often unnecessary in dermatology as we can see things so clearly on the surface of the skin. We appreciate your feedback and do our best to provide a good experience for all our patients.
Author:
I don't have any problem getting an appt and wait time is reasonable. But Dr. Darling always says, "What do you think?" "Do you want to try this medication?" My response is, "I don't know; you're the Doctor!" The staff is courteous, helpful and empathetic. But Dr. Darling could improve her bedside manner. I have been very dissatisfied with her treatment of serious medication induced psoriasis. I received better treatment from my PCP.Dr. Darling barely looked at all the pustular sores on my body.
When it comes to prescribing RX's for treatment of difficult skin problems, we practice a collaborative style of medicine to review options with patients. There is often more than one approach and we ask for patient participation to ensure the best outcome. It is not meant to transfer the medical decision to our patients, but to inform/guide the patient through treatment options. We appreciate the positive review of our staff, ease of appointment, and wait times. Midwest Dermatology Clinic
Author:
Dr. Darling and her staff are prompt, courteous, personable, and professional. Highly recommend!
Author:
Wish I had seen her rating BEFORE my appointment. HUGE waste of money. Went to get a diagnosis - left with no written instructions, nor explanation or thoughts on the dermatitis I went in for. No follow-up either. No thoughts from her whatsoever - just a few minutes of her time; made uncomfortable by her quickness to leave the room. Left feeling cheated. Waste of time.
Author:
She is not giving proper treatment for the problem..she just ignored problem, as she came in and walk away. Waste of time.
Author:
My daughter came down with a strange rash that quickly covered her entire body. I explain the whole list of symptoms my daughter was having which Dr Darling barely wanted to listen to. She only examined the rash on the back of her hand and would not even let me remove my daughters clothing to examine the rash on her entire body. She basically shrugged me off. I next went to my daughters pediatrician and another dermatologist who quickly diagnosed my daughter with an auto immune disorder.