Dr. Melinda Lacerna, MD

Dr. Melinda Lacerna, MD

General Surgery  |
Dr. Melinda Lacerna, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in Sarasota, FL. She is 45 years old and has been practicing for 19 years.

1274 N Palm Ave

Sarasota, FL 34236

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Lacerna

See how frequently Dr. Lacerna performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Breast Diseases
Wound Repair
Cancer

Dr. Lacerna's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Lacerna "A consultation with Dr. Lacerna is like confiding to a close friend about insecurities you have about your appearance. As a woman, she listens very closely to your concerns and hopes. She understands exactly how women want to look and feel whether in a bikini or lingerie, or simply wanting the right curves in jeans, a little black dress, or a wedding gown. She understands you want your face to have that natural glow during a candlelit dinner or a reunion, but not look like you just had your face done. She understands that men also care as much abut their appearance, but they do not want to look overdone. As an artist, Dr. Lacerna can visualize the potential masterpiece in each individual. As an accomplished surgeon, she uses her skills and compassion to deliver the very best results safely and effectively."

• General Surgery
  • Plastic Surgery
  • Surgery

Dr. Lacerna does not have any board certifications listed.

• Acne
  • Breast Ptosis
  • Burn Injuries
  • Capsular Contracture of Breast Implant
  • Gynecomastia
  • Hidradenitis
  • Localized Fat Deposits
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Second-Degree Burns

• Head and Neck Surgery
  • Lip, Excision or Resection
  • Liposuction
  • Nipple Reconstruction
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Reconstructive Eyelid Surgery
  • Skin Excision for Hidradenitis
  • Skin Grafts
  • Skin and Tissue Reduction
  • Wound Repair

• University Of California, Irvine, College Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1998

Dr. Lacerna has no awards or honors listed.

• Avoiding free nipple grafts during reduction mammaplasty in patients with gigantomastia., 2005 Jul

Dr. Lacerna does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lacerna and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Lacerna's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lacerna to family and friends
3.2
Dr. Lacerna's Performance
in North Port, FL |
Dr.Lacerna not only listened to my needs and wants, she was able to rectify what was wrong from a previous experience... The kindness and carrying of not only Dr. Lacer.na but also her entire staff, was too notchk would not trust anyone else ever.
Palmetto, FL |
I absolutely LOVE my results from Dr. Lacerna! She gave me myself back and did everything I wanted, only better. She genuinely listens to her patients and does everything she possible can to give the results they want. The follow up care is awesome. Her staff is awesome! They told me she was an artist during my consultation visit and they sure weren't lying! I couldn't be happier! Thank you Dr. Lacerna and your entire staff!
Sarasota |
One word. Botched. Didn't read the reviews, visited this doctor because I live in Sarasota. Now I'm stuck with atrocious scars.
Parrish, FL |
Saw her about a reduction and was very dissatisfied with her attitude, recommendation and outcome of similar surgeries she could show me.
in Sarasota, FL |
Lacerna must be paying for the high reviews she received on this site. She has a very bad reputation in the city of Sarasota for being unskilled and for lacking empathy for her patients. I went to several follow up appointments with a friend who almost lost her eye sight because of Lacerna's neglegence. It is shameful that such low standards exist for Plastic Surgeons in this state. You could kill someone and still be allowed to practice. Do your fair share of research!
Bradenton,FL |
Hands down the worst Doctor in town. I've had to spend thousands of dollars to repair the damage that was done to my body and the hands of this surgeon. Do your research!
12/10!
in Bradenton, FL |
I recommend anyone with a skin issue or a cosmetic concern to make an apt with either Dr. Ross or Dr. Lacerna. My experience with them and the staff has been nothing short of professional, kind, and I left feeling that my concerns were answered. I'll be going back!
in Bradenton, FL |
Great doctor, great experience, Great staff
in Bradenton, FL |
Dr. Lacerna is very knowledgeable and staff are always pleasant and nice. Always happy with my visits and I have been with her over 4 years now.
in Sarasota Fl |
I am having Dr Lacerna do my eyes! Great doctor
in Bradenton, FL |
Dr. Lacerna and staff went above and beyond for me from the first initial consultation to every question I needed answered ....highly recommend this team for any surgical experience 5 stars hands down
Sarasota, FL |
Her level of unprofessionalism and lack of basic knowledge surrounding patient after care is astounding. My advice to you "Doctor" Lacerna, is spend less time gossiping in the office about your weekend plans and go read a book on bedside manner. I wouldn't recommend this woman to my worst enemy.
North Port, FL |
I love Dr.Lacerna and her staff. You always get treated well. They are excellent at their job and what they do.
Sarasota, FL |
Dr LaCerna is not doing a good job. My TT was atrocious. This woman let me leave her operating room with obvious complications. She ignored the fact for 3 weeks!!...that I wasn't healing properly and did not admit anything until I brought the subject up. She does not know what she's doing. How does someone get medical degrees? Her attitude and aloofness is blatant and I beg that people will read these reviews. Dr LaCerna....If you read this...Please make a change or stop all together.
in Sarasota, FL |
Dr Lacerna is very nice in the beginning. She performed a neck tightening, laser and upper and lower eyelid lift. I had my surgery in February of 2015. Neck, okay, not great...laser was good...eyes a nightmare. Since my surgery I have had multiple trips to the eye surgeon, and eventually had corrective surgery to repair the lower lid drooping and gaps in my left eye. It required skin grafting from my soft palette and weeks of downtime. My advice, do your homework and read all the reviews.
Bradenton, FL |
I don't understand the bad reviews. She's amazing!! My work is beautiful. Wouldn't trust anyone else
in Bradenton |
Terrible. Wouldn't recommend her to my worst enemy. Stay away, this doctor doesn't have good closing (sewing) skills to say the least. So upset with this doctor!
Have you seen Dr. Melinda Lacerna, MD?
Are you Dr. Lacerna?