Dr. Melinda Lacerna, MD

Dr. Melinda Lacerna, MD

General Surgery | Female | 44 years old

17 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Narrow your results

A consultation with Dr. Lacerna is like confiding to a close friend about insecurities you have about your appearance. As a woman, she listens very closely to your concerns and hopes. She understands exactly how women want to look and feel whether in a bikini or lingerie, or simply wanting the right curves in jeans, a little black dress, or a wedding gown. She understands you want your face to have that natural glow during a candlelit dinner or a reunion, but not look like you just had your face done. She understands that men also care as much abut their appearance, but they do not want to look overdone. As an artist, Dr. Lacerna can visualize the potential masterpiece in each individual. As an accomplished surgeon, she uses her skills and compassion to deliver the very best results safely and effectively.Read more

Dr. Lacerna's Experience

See how Dr. Lacerna's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Lacerna

Dr. Lacerna accepts 7 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Lacerna has admitting privileges.

Dr. Lacerna's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lacerna to family and friends
2.6
Dr. Lacerna's Performance
Sarasota, FL |
Her level of unprofessionalism and lack of basic knowledge surrounding patient after care is astounding. My advice to you "Doctor" Lacerna, is spend less time gossiping in the office about your weekend plans and go read a book on bedside manner. I wouldn't recommend this woman to my worst enemy.
in Sarasota, fl |
Terrible. My wounds got infected and I almost died. If you go to this doctor you will be gambling with your life. I can not express enough how much I regret getting my surgery done with her. Sarah her patient coordinator was very sweet and against my better judgement I didn't think twice about using Lacerna for my surgery because of how "nice" everyone was. Huge mistake that almost cost me my life and has left me permanently scarred. Pay a little more to get to a doctor with lots of experience
in North Port, FL |
Dr. Lacerna is top notch! She has corrected my issue and some so much more for me. I will continue to trust her with anything else I will do in the future!
North Port, FL |
I love Dr.Lacerna and her staff. You always get treated well. They are excellent at their job and what they do.
Sarasota, FL |
Dr LaCerna is not doing a good job. My TT was atrocious. This woman let me leave her operating room with obvious complications. She ignored the fact for 3 weeks!!...that I wasn't healing properly and did not admit anything until I brought the subject up. She does not know what she's doing. How does someone get medical degrees? Her attitude and aloofness is blatant and I beg that people will read these reviews. Dr LaCerna....If you read this...Please make a change or stop all together.
in Bradenton, FL |
I have been contemplating a "mommy make over", for a while and I finally made the decision to do it. Dr Lacerna and her staff made it a very easy decision. They are real people and have realistic expectations. I am so very happy I did it. My expectations were exceeded X2! I'm happy! My husband is happy! I get compliments on my appearance now, and it's been years since I have had this much confidence. If your thinking about it, don't look any further. Dr Lacerna will change your life!
Sarasota, Florida |
I'm not sure how this woman could still be in business considering her terrible review history but you'd stand better chances getting operated on in a Third World country in a back alley. I've had so many health issues resulting from my botched bbl. I just thank God, that I didn't take her advice and have more areas liposuctioned the day I went in for my procedure.
in Sarasota, FL |
Dr Lacerna is very nice in the beginning. She performed a neck tightening, laser and upper and lower eyelid lift. I had my surgery in February of 2015. Neck, okay, not great...laser was good...eyes a nightmare. Since my surgery I have had multiple trips to the eye surgeon, and eventually had corrective surgery to repair the lower lid drooping and gaps in my left eye. It required skin grafting from my soft palette and weeks of downtime. My advice, do your homework and read all the reviews.
Bradenton, FL |
I don't understand the bad reviews. She's amazing!! My work is beautiful. Wouldn't trust anyone else
in Sarasota, FL |
I had a HORRIBLE experience with Dr. Lacerna. Her nurses and patient coordinator were friendly but my surgery with her went very wrong because of her lack of experience and skill. DO YOUR RESEARCH
in Bradenton |
Terrible. Wouldn't recommend her to my worst enemy. Stay away, this doctor doesn't have good closing (sewing) skills to say the least. So upset with this doctor!
Have you seen Dr. Melinda Lacerna, MD?
Are you Dr. Lacerna?

Dr. Lacerna's Care Philosophy

Dr. Lacerna's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in General Surgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

Dr. Lacerna has no awards or honors listed.

• Avoiding free nipple grafts during reduction mammaplasty in patients with gigantomastia., 2005 Jul

• Acne
  • Breast Ptosis
  • Burn Injuries
  • Capsular Contracture of Breast Implant
  • Gynecomastia
  • Hidradenitis
  • Localized Fat Deposits
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Second-Degree Burns

University Of California, Irvine, College Of Medicine

Graduated in 1998

Dr. Lacerna does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lacerna and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• General Surgery