Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Melbourne Boynton, MD
Dr. Melbourne Boynton, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Rutland, VT. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Dr. Boynton is affiliated with Rutland Regional Medical Center.

Rutland Office

3 Albert Cree Dr

Rutland, VT 05701

• Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Universal American

Learn about Dr. Boynton

Dr. Boynton's Experience

Dr. Boynton's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Shoulder Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Vermont.

• Northwestern Med Sch
  • Brown University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1992
  • Eastwood or Clin
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1993

Dr. Boynton has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Boynton does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Boynton and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Boynton's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Boynton to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Boynton's Performance
in Manchester Center, VT |
Dr. Boynton is a wonderful surgeon, very accomplished and highly competent. His attitude is excellent, his staff is also very professional. I have nothing but the highest praise for my experience with my knee replacement surgery and follow-up. It is such a relief to be pain free in what was previously an extremely painful knee. I was the second family member upon whom Dr. Boyton performed surgery, my daughter (a skier) also had a problem knee which he corrected with great results.
in Bristol, VT |
Dr. Boynton and the excellent people at Vermont Orthopaedic and Rutland Regional Medical Center all made my total knee replacement surgery a success. Their professionalism and caring helped me get through both preparing for surgery pre-op and the post-op recovery. The recovery is initially quite painful, but VT Orthopaedic was always available by phone to help guide me through my options. I felt like they all saw me as a person, not just a patient.
in Rutland, VT |
I had a very positive experience during my shoulder repair with Dr. Boynton. Dr. Boynton was always ready to answer questions. He explained every step of the procedure so that it was easy to understand.
in Rutland, VT |
I have been a patient of Dr. Boyntons for over five years. I have had a terrible time with my right knee, I've been through numerouse surgeries. I then developed arthritis in the joint, I ended being bone on bone and was in excruciating pain. He said I was a candidate for a total knee replacement. He thoroughly went over the whole proceedure with me, explained how my way of life would be so much better if I went through with it. I had the surgery 3 months ago and I feel great, he's amazing
in Hoosick Falls, NY |
Dr. Boynton just replaced my left knee. I now see why my friends and co-workers in Bennington, Vermont told me that Dr. Boynton was the doctor to go to if/when I needed any type of orthopedic repair. He was wonderful!! The whole experience of major surgery with him was easy and comfortable. I cannot think of how it could have gone any better. I am satisfied beyond my wildest expectations.
in Rutland, VT |
I was recently involved in a workers comp injury with my tendon tearing from my shoulder. The situation has caused me a ridiculous amount of stress and loss of strength with continual pain. Although I was explained that he did not recommend the surgery I personally felt it was in my best interest. After carefully thinking it over and hearing what Dr. Boyton had to say I rescheduled a visit. Now he said he does not perform that surgery. So much for my concerns or what I feel is important.
I hope this gentleman is doing well with his arm and shoulder. Remember when you see a busy, well regarded surgeon and he tells you that surgery is not the best treatment, do not become frustrated, yell and charge out of the surgeons office, but instead listen and understand why surgery is not the best for your condition. I do over 200 arthroscopic shoulder surgeries/year and but I am very careful to only operate on conditions that need surgery. We at Vermont Ortho Clinic care deeply for all.
in West Rutland, VT |
I have been seeing Dr. Boynton since the late 1990's. In that time he has repaired two torn meniscus, two torn rotator cuffs and recently replaced by right knee. I have always found him not only to be very professional, by also caring and listens to your concerns. He is a great asset to the Rutland Regional Medical Center and our community.
Killington, VT |
Whenever I called and had a problem, Dr. Boynton and Bethany got me right in, they did everything they could to help me. Before my knee surgery I was in terrible pain, icing three times a day. After the surgery, I have no pain and have skied 23 days so far--I could not recommend him more.
in Wallingford, VT |
I crushed my tibia bone and he had to rebuild it with 11 screws and two plates. he did an amazing job .considering the damage done due to my fall, I have not had any pain. I would highly recommend him if you need any orthopedic surgery.
in Rutland, VT |
One year ago I received a total knee replacement by Dr. Boynton. Two months after getting one knee replaced, I had the other one done. The care I received from Dr. Boynton and Bethany were EXCELLENT. They were very patient with me and made sure I understood the procedure. They are both very caring and my quality of life has improved dramatically! I am now able to all kinds of activities that I couldn't do before - I am so glad I had the surgery and I highly recommend Dr. Boynton!
Have you seen Dr. Melbourne Boynton, MD?

Visit Dr. Boynton

Dr. Boynton accepts 6 insurance carriers
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
    Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Universal American