Dermatology  |
Dr. Melanie Hecker, MD
Dr. Melanie Hecker, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Pompano Beach, FL. She is 58 years old and has been practicing for 24 years. Dr. Hecker is affiliated with Broward Health Imperial Point, Holy Cross Hospital and Broward Health North.

3500 NE 5th Ave

• Health Net
  • HealthPlus
  • HealthPlus Amerigroup

Learn about Dr. Hecker

See how frequently Dr. Hecker performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Ringworm
Itchy Skin
high
Athlete's Foot

Dr. Hecker's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Hecker "Dermatology is more than skin deep."

• Dermatology
  • Cosmetic Dermatologic Surgery
  • Dermatologic Surgery

Dr. Hecker does not have any board certifications listed.

• Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Fungal Nail Infection

Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Mt Sinai School Of Med
  • Mba Nyu
    Other Education | Completed 1983

Dr. Hecker has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Hecker has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hecker does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hecker and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hecker's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hecker to family and friends
3.4
Dr. Hecker's Performance
in Pompano Beach |
I went to see Dr. Hecker after hitting road blocks with other dermatologists and was so pleased to finally be treated as a patient and not a number. I presented many different concerns. Dr. Hecker addressed each question and explained the pros and cons of different treatment options. She helped me complete a full skin care plan to address all my needs. And the office staff Melissa, Brittney, and Jannay were very nice and helpful. Great office!
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
The last few years I have been a patient of both doctor David Hecker and doctor Melanie Hecker. Both are very professionals, caring and know their expertise well. I have visited the Pompano Beach office for cosmetic and for health procedures. Recently I had a red rash appear from nowhere on my back, I called the office and they were able to see me right away. Doctor David prescribed a cream and the rash was gone in a few days. I alway have been very happy with the customer service provided by
Boca Raton, FL |
I have been seeing Dr. Hercker for years. She is so committed to my health and concerned that I feel confident when I walk through the door. She always calls to check on me after I've had a procedure.
Dr. Melanie Hecker is the most professional doctor. My 21 year old daughter's hair started to become very thin. she walked use through the whole problem found out what was wrong and she worked out a plan. She was kind, caring and followed up with us every step of the way. The best doctor!!!!! I wouldn't go to anyone else.
in Pompano |
Prompt attention excellent customer service, and most of all Dr Melanie took care of my worries and problems with good advice and medical care , very happy with Hecker Dermatologist services
in Miami, FL |
After years of hopping from skincare specialist to the next, I finally received the treatment I needed with Dr. Hecker. My acne has nearly completely cleared!
in Pompano Beach, FL |
I waited in the waiting room for two hours. That's right. Two hours. The receptionist promised the wait would be 20 minutes. It was two hours. But I finally saw Dr. Melanie Hecker. In my view, she has very poor people skills. I found her rude and arrogant. Her listing skills were poor and her communication skills were equally poor. This is a doctor who does not think things through, does not apply logic, and talks down to her patients in my opinion.
I am sorry you had this experience. We work very hard to make sure all of our patients are seen in a timely manner. Our efficiency has gone up greatly since 1-2 years ago. Please consider giving us another chance. Thank you for your feedback.
in Pompano Beach, FL |
Dr. Hecker attempted to remove a squeamish cell from my arm the size of a pin head. She used an assistant without asking me. She left me with an erratic incision 2 1/2 inches long with 14 stitches which she did in her office. It became very infected and she did not return my phone calls. I had to see another doctor for the infection and to have the stitches eventually removed. I would never advise anyone to see her.
I am sorry you had this experience. I pride myself on practicing extremely safe medicine, and we always provide our patients with informed consent regarding the general risks of any surgery (no matter who the surgeon is), including infection and scarring. We hope you would give us another chance.
in Delray Beach, FL |
Dr. Hecker was impressive and professional. She helped me remove my tattoo so that I could move onto a more professional job. Thanks again for everything that you did for me and my family
in Delray Beach, FL |
Dr Hecker helped me as I had a lot of skin issues and couldn't get the blemishes off of my face. She assisted in clearing up my skin before my wedding and for that I am forever thankful.
Have you seen Dr. Melanie Hecker, MD?

Visit Dr. Hecker