Dr. Melanie DeHart, MD

Dr. Melanie DeHart, MD

Breast Radiology | Female

Radiology Associates Richmond 7603 Forest Ave Ste 101 Richmond, VA 23229 Get Directions

I want to treat my patients as I want to be treated.  That means honesty, respect, kindness, and helpfulness.   I understand how stressful it is even for a routine exam.

I believe the patient should know everything before they make big decisions.  Medicine is not a cookie cutter answer to every abnormality.

I am a doctor -  a consultant for breast imaging.    For any of my patients -- I am happy to review your images with you.  I truly feel that no woman should leave our breast center confused or feeling like the doctor was not involved.

I truly love my "job" !   Please let me know how I can do it better!

Melanie DeHart, MD

University of Texas, Austin - Microbiology, Pre-Med, graduated 1987 Medical College of Virginia- Medical Doctorate, graduated 1991 - Health Professions Scholarship Program USAF paid for medical school Alton Ochsner Medical Foundation New Orleans, LA - Internal Medicine Internship 1991-1992 Alton Ochsner Medical Foundation New Orleans, LA - Diagnostic Radiology 1992-1996 United States Air Force, Langley AFB 1996-2000 Radiology Associates of Richmond 2001- present.

Dr. DeHart's Experience

See how Dr. DeHart's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. DeHart

Dr. DeHart accepts 18 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 7 hospitals where Dr. DeHart has admitting privileges.

Dr. DeHart's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. DeHart to family and friends
4.2
Dr. DeHart's Performance
Bell Buckle, TN |
Had biopsy @ HDH Breast Center and Dr DeHart performed it. TOTAL PAIN FREE. I was so impress with her and her staff. Will return if needed in the future. Very professional and sweet personality to make patient at ease.
in Richmond, VA |
She is wonderful, very thoughtful, very knowledgeable. I have always felt comfortable, it is not an easy thing for women to go through, but I feel safe here. She does a great job! I am always glad when it is over, I have had cancer, and she was very caring, and I appreciate also, that she prepared me for surgery. I also like the fact that she has the latest instrumentation.
in Richmond VA |
I recently needed an ultrasond to check an abnormal mammogram. Luckily there was an opening the next day at HDH so I didn't have too much time to panic. The technician was very kind,gentle & reassuring & as soon as she was finished said the radiologist would be in to speak to me momentarily. Once again, I didn't have to wait & worry long. Dr Dehart came in promptly & IMMEDIATELY put me at ease. She was kind, comforting & reassuring. Very sensitive to my feelings. I highly recommend her.
in Richmond, VA |
Excellent all around.
Have you seen Dr. Melanie DeHart, MD?
Are you Dr. DeHart?

Compare Dr. DeHart

University of Texas, Austin - Microbiology, Pre-Med, graduated 1987

Medical College of Virginia- Medical Doctorate, graduated 1991

- Health Professions Scholarship Program USAF  paid for medical school

United States Air Force, Langley AFB 1996-2000

Radiology Associates of Richmond 2001- present.

Dr. DeHart's Care Philosophy

I truly love my "job" !   Please let me know how I can do it better!

Melanie DeHart, MD

Dr. DeHart says...

I enjoy both being primarily in the breast center at Henrico Doctor's Hospital.

- Screening mammography with 3D digital mammography (also known as tomosynthesis), 2D digital mammography, and diagnostic mammography with both 2D and 3D digital mammography.   Hand held ultrasound for patients with questionable findings on screening mammograms or for those who have a clinical problem and  3D screening ultrasound for dense breasts with the Automated Breast Ultrasound (ABUS.)

I believe that patients should be as comfortable as possible while having interventional procedures.

- Breast biopsy using 3D mammography guidance, 2D Digital mammography guidance,  ultrasound guidance, and MRI guided biopsies.

- Mammographic and ultrasound needle localizations for surgical excisions and lumpectomies.

- Fine needle aspirations are available for the patient with painful cysts and diagnostic aspirations of suspected abscesses.

- Consultations of outside studies are also available with referral.

Dr. DeHart says...

I am incredibly fortunate to work with amazing ladies who make every day a pleasure.

Dr. DeHart's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Breast Radiology
      •  Board certified in Diagnostic Radiology

Dr. DeHart has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

Why It Matters: Dr. DeHart's Board Certifications

Ochsner Clinic Foundation

Completed in 1996

University Of Texas

Graduated in 1987

Dr. DeHart does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. DeHart and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Breast Radiology
      • Abdominal Radiology
      • Body Imaging
      • Computed Tomography (CT)
      • Cross Section Radiology
      • Diagnostic Radiology
      • Diagnostic Ultrasound Imaging
      • Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
      • Mammography
      • Trauma Radiology

• 3D Digital Mammography
      • 3D Ultrasound
      • Biopsy
      • Biopsy of Breast
      • Bone Density Scan
      • Breast MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
      • Breast Needle Localization
      • CT Scan (Computed Tomography)
      • Chest X-Ray
      • Computed Tomography Angiography (CTA)
      • Diagnostic Imaging
      • Diagnostic Ultrasound
      • Digital Mammography
      • Digital Tomography
      • MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
      • MRI-Guided Breast Biopsy