Dr. Melanie Costa, MD

Dr. Melanie Costa, MD

Dermatology  |

Dr. Melanie Costa was born in Anaheim, California and raised in Pittsburgh, Switzerland and England. She attended the University of Virginia where she received her Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering. She continued her education at the University of Pittsburgh, School of Medicine, where she received her Doctor of Medicine degree and also completed her residency in dermatology. She then practiced dermatology in Bethesda, Maryland for two years before moving to Wailuku, Hawaii. In Hawaii she practiced dermatology with Kaiser Permanente for 4 years. In 2000, she moved back to Pittsburgh to be closer to her family. She joined the dermatology practice of Dr. George J. Francis in 2001. Dr. Costa now lives in Squirrel Hill with her husband, two daughters, pug and rabbit. She enjoys skiing, quilting and travel.

Forefront Dermatology - Wexford

1000 Stonewood Dr Ste 200

Wexford, PA 15090

• Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • UPMC

Learn about Dr. Costa

Keeping your skin healthy with advanced, compassionate care.

Dr. Costa's Experience

Dr. Costa's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology

• Keloid Scar
  • Leg and Foot Ulcers
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Poison Ivy, Poison Oak, or Poison Sumac Poisoning

• Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Shaving of Skin Lesion
  • Skin Tag Removal

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1990
  • University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1991
  • University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1994

Dr. Costa has no media or publications listed.

• Allegheny County Medical Society, Member

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Costa to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Costa's Performance
in Verona, PA |
I had a problem and got an appointment in 1 day. Dr Costa is knowledgeable, kind and considerate. She cares about the cost of medicine and helps you find the best price. I can't say enough about how great she is with patients and family. Staff is great.
Pittsburgh |
I have gone to Dr. Costa for over ten years, and have found her to be responsive to my needs, as well as proactive in sun damage prevention. She is very thorough and competent as well as being very pleasant.
Ford City, PA |
I waited 2 months to get an appointment. I also waited in the waiting room for 45 minutes before I was taken back to an exam room.
Pittsburgh, PA |
Excellent physician. Good listener. Thorough.
in Pittsburgh, PA |
I always enjoy my visit with Dr. Costa and feel properly and thoroughly checked each time
Oakmont, PA |
The office staff is very sweet and welcoming. Dr. Costa was just the same. She was very nice, knowledgeable, and listened to any questions I had. I also didn't wait long at all to be seen. I was in and out in less than an hour. I'm taking my son to see her and will be back myself in a year for another check up. I have also already recommended her to friends.
in Gibsonia, PA |
She is a knowledgeable, efficient and caring doctor..
Pittsburgh, PA |
Dr Costa is thorough, knowledgeable and caring. She listens carefully and has always taken time to address all of my concerns.
Hi Thank you for the 5 star rating and taking the time to leave a review. I appreciate it very much.
in Cranberry Township, PA |
Office was very professional, and clean . There is not a waiting period at all. I was very anxious and Dr Costa and staff put me at ease.
Pittsburgh, PA |
Dr. Costa is a great physician & is very knowledgeable!
Pittsburgh, PA |
I was referred to Dr. Costa by a trusted coworker several years ago. Dr. Costa is thorough, very friendly, and explains what is happening in layman's terms, even though I'm a clinically trained person. I highly recommend her and her team. Since she is an independent physician, she is able to take the two predominant insurance plans in the region without issue. After 40 years in health care, on both the clinical and management side, I know a great doc, and she's excellent.
Gibsonia, PA |
Dr. Costa is thorough, thoughtful and generous with her time to answer questions/concerns. I have recommended Dr. Costa to family and friends. Two generations of my family have been going to Dr. Costa.
Pittsburgh, PA |
Dr. Costa is a compassionate professional. I have complete confidence in her expertise and I would highly recommend her to others.
Pittsburgh, PA |
Very friendly and professional.
in Sewickley, PA |
The staff are very nice and friendly. Check=in was smooth. Dr. Costa is very professional and courteous. Listens to what you have to say and explains what she would like to do and is very gentle in her procedures. My only complain was an extremely long (75 minutes) wait in the waiting room to see the doctor. As I had plenty of time, it was not a concern for me, but could cause a problem for others.
Pittsburgh, PA |
I brought my daughter to Dr Costa for an acne consultation. She was cold and aloof throughout the encounter. She did not examine my daughter's skin, rather sat across the room and made a few brief recommendations. She did not inquire about her skin type, skin care regimen, diet, or exercise habits. She did not instill trust or comfort. We left the office feeling disappointed and unheard.
Hi Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Appreciate your feedback.
in Mars, PA |
This is a wonderful practice. All the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. I went to Caitlin Stowe, PA for acne and what ended up to be a staph infection. She had excellent bedside manner and listened to my problems and treated me great. Very smart physician assistant, they all really know their stuff here!
in Verona, PA |
I had a golf ball size cyst on my head. Derm #1 said I'd have to shave my head to get it removed. Dr Costa did it without shaving my head! She's treated my kids for various skin issues (the pediatrician said we're an eczemetis family). We're all very happy with her skill.
Have you seen Dr. Melanie Costa, MD?

Visit Dr. Costa