Dr. Melanie Aya-Ay, MD

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive SurgeryFemaleAge 43

Dr. Aya-Ay

Tampa Aesthetic and Plastic Surgery

16626 N Dale Mabry Hwy Lutz, FL 33548

Dr. Melanie Aya-Ay, MD is a Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialist in Lutz, FL and has over 18 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Aya-Ay has more experience with Breast Surgery than other specialists in her area. She graduated from University Of Louisville medical school in 2003. She is affiliated with St. Joseph's Hospital. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Aya-Ay to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialists in your area

Hospital Highlight

Affiliated with St. Joseph's Hospital Tampa, a highly rated hospital.

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Frequently Treated by Dr. Aya-Ay

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Aya-Ay treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Aya-Ay treats other conditions, please contact the office at (813) 774-5733.

Breast Surgery

Breast surgery includes breast augmentation and breast reduction, which can be performed for cosmetic or medical reasons, as well as breast reconstruction following mastectomy.Compare with other Breast Surgery specialists.

Dr. Aya-Ay treats at a

frequency compared to similar providers

Based on claims data for 9 conditions and procedures

• Gynecomastia Repair
  • Labiaplasty
  • Liposuction
  • Localized Fat Deposits
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Nipple Fissure
  • Nipple Reconstruction
  • Skin and Tissue Reduction
  • Skin Grafts
  • Wound Repair

Dr. Aya-Ay accepts

Dr. Aya-Ay accepts the following insurance:

Amerigroup (Wellpoint)

Dr. Aya-Ay's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Aya-Ay

4.3

Dr. Aya-Ay?
  • Staff friendliness (17)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (16)
  • Explained conditions well (16)
  • Appointment was rushed (3)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (3)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (3)
So many plastic surgeons won’t accept Medicare advantage plans but she did. I had a very aggressive breast cancer that grew quickly and needed removed quickly. She seems to accept my emergency as her emergency and performed my reconstruction as such. This all happened as I was diagnosed mid January and my construction in February. I am a snowbird from Ohio and this all happened so quickly and was blessed to find not only the best at what she does but does it with such style and grace.
Dr Mary Lynd – May 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melanie Aya-Ay, MD?
i had to have a implant taken out from servere infection from dr landon six months later dr aya did my surgery my skin was stuck to my chest i said if you have to use expander do it she didnt put in another implant under muscle ans stratise and had to redo my other to match the same implant dr landon messed up is still so deformed sink holes, deep creases hurts real bad, doesnt match one up one down im lop sided it looks gross cost me 12,000 for nothing now i have to have both taken out all this
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
valerie in Holiday, FL – Jun 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melanie Aya-Ay, MD?
Dr. Aya-ay is one of the most caring doctors I have met. She has great bedside manner and will answer any questions you have no matter how big or small. Although she mostly works with breast cancer patients and helping them through a difficult time in their life. She also does a variety of cosmetic procedures. I love how I feel when I leave here office my younger self that's not over done.
May 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melanie Aya-Ay, MD?
This business establishment charged my insurance 521 dollars for consult. They never once mentioned I would have a charge and now i owe 150 for a 15 min consulting. I would steer clear of any business like this that not only over charges, but does not make patients aware of potential charges. I even spoke to Gina about credit and 100% not willing to work with me.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jon in Tampa Florida – May 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melanie Aya-Ay, MD?
I have been trying to get a reduction for 3 yrs, but have always had issues with my insurance, not the surgeons. Finally, I get a new health insurance and clearance from them, only for Dr. Aya-ay to insist that I need to go through a battery of tests to determine that fibro adenomas that I've had for 7 years are fibro adenomas. Instead of calling to tell me I needed more tests like she had the other times, I had to take time off work and spend money for her to tell me to wait yet another 6 mos
SM in Tampa, FL – Jan 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melanie Aya-Ay, MD?
Dr. Aya-Ay is wonderful. I don't do survey or post comments about anything. She took such good care of me during my fight with breast cancer I couldn't not share with others how wonderful she is. My last surgery was in 2012. I stumbled on this site when I was looking for her number to give to a friend. And just had to tell everyone about her 5 start care. She even took time to explain to my then 9 year the process and made her feel very conformable. Words cannot explain caring she is
34 year old with breast cancer in Tampa, FL – Apr 20, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melanie Aya-Ay, MD?
Dr. Aya-Ay is such a great doctor. My journey with breast cancer was a very rocky road and with all the many doctors I saw and were responsible for me she took the best care of me and literally, I believe, saved my life. She takes the time to go the extra mile and geninuely cares. And her work is awesome, my reconstruction is amazing.
Mar 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Melanie Aya-Ay, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Aya-Ay?

• Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery