Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility  |
Dr. Meike Uhler, MD
Q & A with Dr. Uhler: What do you like best about being a physician in reproductive medicine? It is so rewarding to be able to help patients in their desire to have families. I have seen many lives positively changed by having a family, and I am fortunate to have a part in this special time. Why did you choose to work in the field of reproductive medicine? While I was a medical student, I did research with my professor in further defining the role of hCG in abnormal pregnancies. I did an additional rotation in the fertility clinic in my last year of medical school, and I was able to see a variety of patients including infertility, recurrent miscarriage, and other endocrine disorders. My experiences confirmed my choice to do a fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology. What are your special areas of interest in reproductive medicine? I have a special interest in male infertility due to the research I have done throughout my fellowship and while in academic medicine. Other areas of special interest include recurrent pregnancy loss, raising fertility awareness in young women who may be questioning their fertility potential, and complementary medicine such as acupuncture and yoga. What do you do for fun in your spare time? In my spare time, I like to sing and play the piano, read murder mysteries, and bake desserts.

907 N Elm St Ste 200

Hinsdale, IL 60521

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • CoreSource
  • Coventry Health Care of Missouri
  • Guardian
  • HealthLink

Learn about Dr. Uhler

Dr. Uhler is board certified in both Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. She completed her residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Northwestern University in Chicago, followed by a fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at University of California, Los Angeles. Most recently, Dr. Uhler was Associate Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology on the faculty at Loyola University School of Medicine. Her research interests and scientific publications focus on the evaluation and treatment of female and male infertility.

Dr. Uhler's Experience

Dr. Uhler's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility

• Ectopic Pregnancy
  • Endometriosis
  • Female Infertility
  • High Risk Pregnancy
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Noninflammatory Cervical Disorders
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Urinary Disorders

• Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Syphilis Screening
  • Thyroid Screening

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Tulane University Med School Louisiana
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Northwestern University Med School
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Northwestern University Chicago Il
  • University Of California Los Angeles
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Uhler has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Uhler does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Uhler and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Uhler's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Uhler to family and friends
Dr. Uhler's Performance
Chicago, IL |
Dr. Uhler is very smart and on top of everything, but also very approachable. She takes her time answering all of your questions and never makes you feel rushed. I am currently pregnant with my first baby after my first IVF cycle with Dr. Uhler. Previously I had seen another MD who didn't hold a candle to Dr. Uhler's compassion and expertise. So happy I switched! I will definitely return to Dr. Uhler for my future children.
in Hinsdale |
I was pushed towards a donor egg just after one failed IVF cycle. Then after talking to my girlfriend it turned out that Dr Uhler did the same to her, when she was 38 at the time. If your case is "problematic", beware. Also I felt that so much time was waisted - Dr Uhler requires a second appointment specifically for IVF after an initial consult (6 week wait times two). Then after a cancelled cycle, I was again supposed to wait for yet another 6 weeks for a follow up. I found a new doctor.
in Aurora, IL |
The staff at the Warrenville office was absolutely amazing. They were friendly, encouraging and always did a very great job. It was a little challenging to work with other offices because the nurses did not know the details of my case and could not answer my questions. I thought that I would see the doctor more often during the process. It really felt more like the nurses and the ultra sound technicians were my doctors. I think explaining the process beforehand would have put me more at ease
in Wheeling, IL |
Dr. Uhler was a very thorough, articulate and compassionate doctor. She addressed all of my needs and made sure everything was taken care of quickly and professionally.
in Dekalb, IL |
Very happy with this clinic! Dr. Uhler really takes the time with his patients and explains everything in a manner you understand. The staff is friendly and always welcoming! I would recommend this clinic to anyone struggling with infertility!
in Downers Grove, IL |
Dr. Uhler was extremely professional, compassionate, knowledgeable, and helpful. My husband and I went through three cycles of IVF, which made it a difficutl journey. She was always honest and straight forward with any information she provided us, which I greatly appreciated. She outlined our options, tweaking the protocol each time to help us try for a successful pregnancy. Eventually, we were able to get that! The office staff was GREAT as well. They were always warm and friendly!
in Lombard, IL |
Dr. Uhler is a miracle worker. She never gave up on me...a particularly difficult case...and now I have my miracle. She is a true professional and an expert in her field. Anyone would be lucky to be in her medical care.
in West Chicago, IL |
From the minute you walk through the door till the minute you leave, everything is perfect. The receptionist, the nurses everyone is absolutely fantastic and makes you feel so comfortable. Thank you for everything you all have done for us.
in Oakbrook Terrace, IL |
Dr. Uhler is very caring and understanding. She helped my husband and I become pregnant twice using IVF. Both of our transfers were successful on the first try. I felt that I was the most important patient and was made to feel special about my situation.
Shorewood, IL |
Dr Uhler and her practice at Fertility Centers of Illinois demonstrated the utmost level of professionalism in her consultations as well as her medical advice and procedures. Her staff also demonstrate a level of caring and tremendous competence and professionalism in a medical area that is extremely personal and of huge importance. We always felt that we could ask questions and we received prompt and helpful answers.
in Wheaton, IL |
Dr. Uhler and the whole office really care about you and your family. They are very flexible with appointments and work with your schedule. Anytime I had a question they would answer the phone right away or get back to me within the hour. I have used FCI for two successful miracles and would recommend them to anyone.
Have you seen Dr. Meike Uhler, MD?
Are you Dr. Uhler?