Dr. Mehul Nagarsheth, MD

Dr. Mehul Nagarsheth, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Mehul Nagarsheth, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Wyomissing, PA. He is 35 years old. Read his story

1 Granite Point Dr

Wyomissing, PA 19610

• Amerihealth
  • Capital Blue Cross
  • Geisinger Health Plan
  • Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • UPMC

Learn about Dr. Nagarsheth

See how frequently Dr. Nagarsheth performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Glaucoma
Glaucoma Surgery
Anterior Ischemic Optic Neuropathy

Dr. Nagarsheth's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Nagarsheth's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Nagarsheth "Mehul H. Nagarsheth, M.D., our newest glaucoma specialist, joined The Glaucoma Center at Eye Consultants of Pennsylvania after completing his Glaucoma Fellowship at Tufts New England Eye Center and Ophthalmic Consultants of Boston in July 2013. He joins Drs. Werner and Mahmood as glaucoma specialists. He grew up in Marlboro, New Jersey and received his Bachelor's Degree Cum Laude in Neuroscience and Behavioral Biology with a dual major in Political Science from Emory University in Atlanta, GA in 2004. Dr. Nagarsheth received his medical degree from Drexel University College of Medicine in June 2008 where he continued to complete his internship. He performed his ophthalmology residency at Case Western Reserve University Hospital in Cleveland, Ohio from 2009 to 2012. During his chief year of residency, Dr. Nagarsheth also traveled abroad to Hyderabad, India where he completed a medical and surgical ophthalmology elective at the LV Prasad Eye Institute. Dr. Nagarsheth has extensive experience in medical research of the eye. He has presented several projects at national conferences and published studies in numerous scientific journals. He received the Best Resident Research Award at Case Western Reserve University Hospital's Department of Ophthalmology Annual Research Symposium in June 2012. He was also the recipient of the National Eye Institute Travel Grant in May 2011. He remains interested and active in pursuing new and innovative ways of managing glaucoma both medically and surgically. As an ophthalmology resident and glaucoma fellow, Dr. Nagarsheth was very active in teaching junior trainees and medical students. Dr. Nagarsheth also performed refractions and ophthalmic screenings at MedWorks and the Philadelphia and Cleveland Free Clinics throughout his postgraduate training. Dr. Nagarsheth is currently on staff at the Pennsylvania Eye & Ear Surgery Center, LLC, the Reading Hospital and Medical Center, Physician's Care Surgical Hospital and the Surgery Center of Pottsville."

This content was provided by Dr. Nagarsheth "The Mission of EYE CONSULTANTS OF PENNSYLVANIA is to deliver the highest quality eye care resulting in the best quality outcomes. We care about our patients and our concern extends beyond the scope of ophthalmology. Our patients are also our friends, our neighbors, and our family. The interest of our patients has the highest priority, all other interests are important, but secondary."

• Ophthalmology

• Chorioretinal Scars
  • Conjunctival Hemorrhage
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dry Age-Related Macular Degeneration

• Pterygium Surgery
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • Repair of Eye Laceration
  • Scleral Reinforcement Surgery
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

Education data for Dr. Nagarsheth is unavailable at this time.

Dr. Nagarsheth has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Nagarsheth does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Nagarsheth and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Nagarsheth's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Nagarsheth to family and friends
Dr. Nagarsheth's Performance
in Schwenksville, Pa |
I was very impressed with both staff and his skills. He was referred to me, not by another office, but by an individual who was examined and preferred him over others...he is geniune, knowledgeable and very informative.....
Royersford |
Dr. Nagarsheth is very professional and knowledgeable, and at the same time warm and personable. He explained everything clearly and ensured I understood everything, about the exam, the procedure, the expected and also possible effects, and the individual plan for follow-up. Dr. Nagarsheth performed two iridotomies - one on each eye - and they went extremely quickly and easily.
in Pottstown, PA |
Dr. Nagarsheth made me feel at ease by answering all my questions about my cataract surgery. He was very clear about the procedure. Doctor Nagarsheth made the recommendation to implant TORIC lenses and stints in both eyes to correct eye pressure do to glaucoma and to correct astigmatism in both eyes. My vision in my right eye is 20-25, in my left eye is 20-20 after surgery! I will need to use reading glasses, but no glasses for distance. Doctor Nagareheth's secretary/staff very he attentive.
in Reading, PA |
great care. Dr. Nagarsheth has been great with my myriad of eye problems. Even came in on a sunday specifically to see me. Also, his scheduling coordinator Lisa W. has been wonderful about getting me in to see him as I have had to come in for unscheduled appointments very frequently.
in Ephrata, PA |
Dr. Nagarsheth is very thorough with my examination and very personable. I would recommend him to others.
in Reading, PA |
Dr. Nagarsheth is treating and following my glaucoma status. He is so warm and friendly, he seems like a family member. He also did a cataract operation for both me and my husband. We both found him to be very knowledgeable and answered all our questions. He is so easy to communicate with and puts you at ease very quickly. I would love to recommend him for both glaucoma and cataract treatment.
Reading, PA |
He was very informative and patient friendly. I feel he is an excellent doctor!
in Sinking Spring, PA |
Dr. Nagrsheth is a wonderfu,l caring, professional Doctor, I would recommend him to anyone.
in Reading, PA |
Dr Nahareth has provided me with the greatest care and he is unusually perceptive in detecting problems with my vision.
Reading, PA |
Dr.Nagarsheth has been taking care of my 89yr. father for the past 3 years and at every visit he would take the time to answer questions or concerns so that we understood the diagnosis and could make decisions concerning the course of treatment. He always treated my father with respect, patience and kindness even under the most challenging visits.
Reading, PA |
Dr. Nagarsheth was extremely professional, but was also down-to-earth, and explained all his findings in great detail. He also took sufficient time to perform a very thorough evaluation, and provide detailed recommendations. He is a very forthright, pleasant physician, who inspires a sense of trust. I would highly recommend him for evaluation, follow-up, surgery, and ongoing care.
in Pottstown , PA |
Compassionate and knowledgeable .
Wyomissing, PA |
I am so fortunate to have found Dr. Nagarsheth for the care of my fathers glaucoma and cataract issues. I appreciate how respectful he is towards my father and the time he takes to explain the diagnoses and answer all questions no matter how many times he needs to repeat himself.
in Pottstown, PA |
I would highly recommend Dr. Nagarsheth for his excellent care, professionalism, patience with answering my questions and his personable qualities. I entered his office scared to death and with an absence of trust for any doctor since my favorite doctors are deceased. I came away with so much better understanding of my condition and total trust in the doctor.
Have you seen Dr. Mehul Nagarsheth, MD?
Are you Dr. Nagarsheth?