Dr. Mehryar Taban, MD

Oculoplastic Surgery | Male

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD 9735 Wilshire Blvd Ste 319 Beverly Hills, CA 90212 Get Directions
Dr. Mehryar Taban, MD
Mehryar Ray Taban, MD is an oculoplastic surgeon with expertise in reconstructive and cosmetic eye (eyelid and orbit) plastic surgery. He grew up in the Los Angeles area. His training included undergraduate at UCLA, medical school at UC-Irvine, residency at Cleveland Clinic, and fellowship at UCLA.

Dr. Taban's Care Philosophy

Dr. Mehryar Taban is a compassionate surgeon who provides his patients the best possible care. He is an eyelid, orbit and facial plastic cosmetic and reconstructive surgeon who practices in the greater Los Angeles area, including Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, and Santa Barbara.

Dr. Taban's Experience

See how Dr. Taban's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Taban

Dr. Taban is now accepting new patients
    TabanMD - Beverly Hills Office9735 Wilshire Blvd Ste 319
    Beverly Hills, CA 90212
    Evening
    Saturday
    (310) 278-1836Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Taban has admitting privileges.

Dr. Taban's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Taban to family and friends
    Dr. Taban's Performance
    Los Angeles, CA |
    After having a car accident back in 2010 mi sinuses were not draining as before and lower eyelid bags started to appear. This started to be a problem on my profesional career and I was lucky enough to find Dr. Taban, who gave me the confidence to proceed with a lower blepharoplasty. I recommend Dr. Taban to anyone considering any type of eye procedure. His professionalism was something that caught my eye since the first day, and I would like to thank the doctor and all his staff for everything.
    Thank you for your feedback! I am glad I could help you with lower blepharoplasty.
    in Panorama City, California |
    Dr. Taban is a miracle doctor. I am 18 years old and had Graves Disease since my early teens causing Graves Eyes Disease. I saw him on The Doctors show where he performed Orbital Decompression on one of his patients for bulgy eyes. It has been two months since my surgery and the results are better than I expected. My results seem unreal because I still can’t believe how great it turned out. Dr. Taban really changed my life, I'll be grateful forever.
    Thank you Lilit for your feedback! You were a pleasure to help. I am very happy for you.
    Los Angeles, CA |
    Dr. Ray Taban is literally a miracle worker. Unfortunately the character limitations will not let me delve into the amazing work he's done. You can check other review sites for this. What Taban did was unbelievable. Through canthoplasty, tear trough implants (on the orbital rim), lower lid retraction, orbital decompression, and slight lowering of the upper eyelid (on the left eye), I now have hooded eyes (I am male; this was intended), a extreme sweeping effect, and a high canthus position.
    Thank you for your feedback! I appreciate it. I am very happy for your surgical outcome and you.
    Dr. Taban is an artist and I feel so lucky to have been referred to him. I never imagined that my surgery would not only have corrected my lower eyelid retraction (post lower blepheroplasty) but that it would look so natural! I am eternally thankful to Dr. Taban. I feel like I have my life back! I would recommend anyone interested in any procedure for their eye’s to Dr. Taban. He’s not only an empathetic human being, and excellent communicator, he is an exceptional surgeon!
    Thank you for your personal feedback! I am glad I could help you restore your beautiful eyes and regain your confidence. You did amazing throughout the process.
    in Buellton, CA. |
    I would highly recommend Dr. Mehryar Taban for any and all oculoplastc surgery. He did a DCR encoscopic surgery on my left eye for constant tearing. I am happy and pleased with the permanent results; he is a compassionate and expert surgeon. Thank you again Dr.Taban. D.Giorgio, Buellton, CA.
    Thank you Dolores for your feedback! You did great throughout the treatment for your blocked tear duct. I am happy for you.
    in Tehachapi, CA |
    A picture says a thousand words. Dr. Taban is not only a brilliantly skilled, knowledgeable and gifted surgeon, he is genuinely kind and compassionate. He explained every step of my surgery and answered every question. And encouraged questions and thoughts or concerns. I underwent revision eyelid ptosis, blepharoplasty, brow lift, fat injections and filler injections. My procedure was done under a local anesthesia. What was supposed to be a one hour surgery turned into a 4 hour surgery due to
    Thank you Yvette for your personal feedback! I am glad I could help you fix your difficult eyelid problems.
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    Doctor Taban is a great and wonderful physican. His calm, confident, professional, and caring demeanor put me at ease before, during and after my eye surgery. He explained the entire procedure and was always happy to answer all of my questions. Doctor Taban was highly recommended by my ophthalmologist and together they formed an outstanding tandem in caring for my eye.
    Thank you for your feedback! I am glad I could help you with your eye problem.
    in Albuquerque, NM |
    I was looking for a Doctor to perform Lower eyelid retraction surgery. I found Dr. Taban on Realself and right away I had a great experience. His office responded so fast to my request for a consultation. I live in New Mexico, which was not a problem. The Skype consultation was a great experience and I knew right after that Dr. Taban was the best choice for my surgery. He made me feel very comfortable and answered any questions or concerns I had. Upon meeting him the day before surgery, I
    Thank you Shane for your feedback! I am glad your trip from New Mexico to Beverly Hills for eyelid surgery went great.
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    Extremely knowledgeable and incredibly skilled! Dr. Taban quickly diagnosed me with a sunken eye (endophthalmitis) from Silent Sinus Syndrome and worked closely with me throughout my surgery and aftercare. I would not trust my eyes with anyone else! He conducted an orbital reconstruction with orbital implant, and this was combined with sinus surgery. Had a wonder experience and am so thankful for the amazing results! My face looks back to normal and eyesight is perfect.
    Thank you Ava for your personal feedback! I am glad I could fix your sunken eye (enophthalmos).
    Santa Barbara, CA |
    I’m very grateful that I found Dr. Taban. He did an epicanthoplasty after an unsuccessful upper blepharoplasty done by another surgeon. From the moment I visited him I felt in good hands. His staff and office are immaculate. He is extremely knowledgeable about difficult cases, and makes one feel at ease. He explained the situation to me, and ensured me that he could help while giving me realistic expectations. My outcome was better than I could have hoped for. I would highly recommend Dr. Taban!
    Thank you for your personal feedback! Thank you for trusting me with your revision cosmetic eyelid surgery and glad you has such good outcome.
    in Boston, MA |
    I was suffering from lower eyelid retraction ever since I had a bad blepharoplasty several years ago. Thankfully I found Dr. Taban on the Internet and after a consultation with him I scheduled an appointment for a retraction repair surgery that would use skin grafts from my upper eyelids to fix the retraction. Now several months after the surgery I'm very happy with the results. I am glad that I picked Dr. Taban as my surgeon.
    Thank you Chris for your personal feedback! You did great with revision eyelid procedure after previous failed blepharoplasty.
    in Santa Barbara, CA |
    I was referred to Dr. Taban for squamous cell skin cancer surgery repair of the lower eyelid. The procedure involved taking a slice of skin from the upper eyelid and grafting it onto the lower lid...so I was a bit nervous about the outcome, and just hoped for a "normal" looking eye. Well, I've healed (very quickly!) and I am beyond happy with the results! My eye looks amazing.. Friends and family can not tell that I had any surgery at all;) Thank you Dr. Taban!
    Thank you Courtney for your feedback! You did great with your reconstructive eyelid skin surgery.
    in El Paso, TX |
    Dr Taban is absolutely wonderful! Im so great full I choose him for my surgery. I have thyroid eye disease (TED) and had orbital decomposition done on both eyes . Dr. Taban and his staff made me feel welcomed, answered all my questions and concerns, Made sure I understand what to expect with my surgery. After my consultation I drove to the surgical center Down the street which is very convenient. They were also very helpful. THANK YOU DR TABAN I love the way my eyes look!!
    Thank you Lorena for your feedback! I am glad I could help you with your difficult bulging eye problem from Graves disease.
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    Beautiful office, great staff, but most importantly AMAZING doctor! My mother, my husband and I are so thrilled with our aesthetic results. He answered all our questions and gave us realistic expectations. He is a true artist in the realm of Oculoplastics!
    Thank you for your feedback! I am glad you are happy with your treatment.
    Santa Barbara, CA |
    Excellent outcome for my eyelid surgery. Highly qualified, skilled ocular plastic surgeon. Very caring and responsive to my questions. Great overall experience.
    Thank you for your feedback! Glad I could help you achieve your goals.
    in Miami, FL |
    I will always be grateful to Dr. Taban and highly recommend him. He is the best oculoplastic surgeon in the US who helped me improve my image. The first procedure I had with Dr. Taban was an orbital decompression surgery. It was an important step for me to gain back my confidence. A couple a weeks ag I went back to Dr. Taban to have Xanthelasm (fat deposits) from my upper eye lids removed and results were phenomenal. Check him out #https://youtu.be/fF0uVsYbSH8 https://youtu.be/FzF3RTm391g
    Thank you Dawn for your personal feedback! You did amazing with both surgeries! Always a pleasure.
    in Santa Barbara, CA |
    Thanks to Dr. Taban I've been using injectables for the past couple of years with complete confidence in his expertise & skills! Dr. Taban pays attention to detail and on his patients having a natural look. My skin has a fuller & brighter appearance with the added benefit of reduced lines and wrinkles (-:
    Thank you for your feedback! Looking forward to seeing you again.
    in San Diego, CA |
    I would highly recommend Dr. Taban for any Eye procedure. I had bulgy eyes my whole life and thought there would be no fix. Luckily, I found Dr. Taban. I had Orbital Decompression Surgery. This surgery changed my life. I now have eyes that I love. I cannot thank Dr. Taban enough for the miracle he performed!
    Thank you Evan for your feedback! You were a great patient throughout the process and happy for your results.
    in Santa Barbara, CA |
    I see Dr Taban twice a year to deal with my deep squint lines (which make me look angry when I'm not). Dr Taban expertly and successfully takes care of this for me. He has a gentle, low-key manner. I especially appreciate that he listens to what I want and doesn't try to talk me into other procedures. His staff is helpful, pleasant and professional.
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    I visited Dr. Taban for Botox injection for my frown lines, crow's feet and forehead wrinkles. He had treated my friend who was very happy with the treatment. Dr. Taban explained in detail the problems with eyelid and facial aging. I decided to proceed with Botox treatment, which he did that day. It has been a week now and I can honestly say I am very happy with the natural results. I look more rested, without the frozen look. I will definitely be back Dr. Taban!
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    I took my mother to visit Dr. Taban for droopy upper eyelid surgery and under eye bags surgery. We were very impressed by his demeanor and expertise in eye plastic surgery. He described what the problem was, why it happened, and what treatment was recommended (blepharoplasty). My mom scheduled her surgery under local anesthesia. She was amazed how painless the recovery was. And she is more amazed about the natural yet youthful results. We can't thank Dr. Taban enough for his excellent work!
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    I was referred to Dr Taban for a stye that wouldn't heal and had formed an infection and some scar tissue. His office got me in right away and they were super friendly and helpful. My first appointment was great, he saw the issue and made time to do a surgical repair right then and there. Dr Taban is incredibly skilled, informative and efficient. I went for my follow up today and all is well. I do not hesitate to recommend Dr Taban and his office for eyelid related issues!
    in Beverly Hills, California |
    I didn't quite take care of my skin during my late teens and 20's. I was a heavy smoker, a tanning bed user, lived in sunny Florida and spent a lot of time at the beach. I failed to use spf.. As a result of this my skin prematurely aged with dark sun spots, slight loss of elasticity and fine lines around my eyes. After a wonderful experience with Dr. Taban for epicanthroplasty, I went to see him for a chemical peel. The results are phenomenal!!! my skin is like a babies bum! :)
    in Santa Barbara, CA |
    I was treated for brow lift, ptosis, and benign neoplasm of lower eyelid. Dr. Taban is excellent in explaining the procedures and the post operative work.
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    I feel very safe with its direct analysis, I made a quick and efficient surgical procedure and recovery was very good and healthy is an excellent professional, 100% recommended
    Have you seen Dr. Mehryar Taban, MD?

Dr. Taban's Care Philosophy

Dr. Taban says...

Oculoplastic Surgeon, specializing in reconstructive and cosmetic eye plastic surgery including eyelid surgery, orbital surgery, and lacrimal surgery.  (droopy eyelid surgery; eyelid ptosis surgery; blepharoplasty; eye bags removal; eyelid filler injection; canthoplasty; eyelid retraction surgery; eyebrow lift; revision eyelid surgery; eyelid cancer surgery; orbital decompression surgery; bulgy eye surgery; orbital tumor surgery; orbital fracture repair; orbital implant; enophthalmos; sunken eye; DCR blocked tear duct surgery)

Dr. Taban says...

Dr. Taban's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Oculoplastic Surgery
    •  Board certified in Ophthalmology

• American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery - Webster paper award, 2008
      • American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery - Webster paper award, 2008

Dr. Taban has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Taban's Board Certifications

• Cataract
    • Chalazion
    • Dacryoadenitis
    • Diplopia
    • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
    • Dry Eyes
    • Facial Trauma
    • Lacrimal Disorders
    • Lacrimal Gland Tumor
    • Malignant Neoplasm of Eye
    • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
    • Orbit Tumor
    • Orbital Cellulitis
    • Orbital Diseases
    • Orbital Fracture
    • Orbital Lymphoma
    • Pterygium
    • Retinal Detachment and Retinal Tear
    • Retinal Dystrophy
    • Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP)
    • Stye

• Other Education
      Facial Cosmetic Surgery

Ucla-Oculofacial Plastic Surgery Fellowship

• Farsi

Dr. Taban does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Taban and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Oculoplastic Surgery