Dr. Meh Jabeen Hussain, MD

Child & Adolescent PsychiatryFemaleAge 55

Dr. Hussain
902 S Randall Rd Ste C321 Saint Charles, IL 60174

Dr. Meh Jabeen Hussain, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in Saint Charles, IL and has over 25 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from Ross University / School of Medicine & Veterinary Medicine medical school in 1996. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Hussain to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialists in your area

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check Dr. Hussain's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Hussain's Top Procedures and Conditions

Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery

Dr. Hussain performs Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery more than 80% of her peers

Dementia or Depression Screening

Dr. Hussain performs Dementia or Depression Screening more than 80% of her peers

Psychological Evaluation

• Bipolar Disorder
  • Dementia or Depression Screening
  • Developmental and Learning Disorders
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Nondependent Cocaine Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Dependence
  • Suicidal Ideation

Dr. Hussain accepts

Dr. Hussain accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Dr. Hussain's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Hussain

2.3

Dr. Hussain?
  • Office environment (10)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (9)
  • Appointment scheduling (8)
  • Appointment was rushed (15)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (15)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (14)
She is nice and good with medications, but plan on the appointment being delayed or rescheduled often.
  • Long wait times
Jan 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Meh Jabeen Hussain, MD?
I've never had a wait under twenty minutes past my appointment time.. I drive over an hour to see her and so I end up wasting most of my day to get to an appointment. Also, I've had multiple issues with getting my medication on time because she either forgets to call the pharmacy, doesn't fill all my prescriptions or I can't get ahold of her via her "answering service". Sometimes the answering service lets me know she'll be gone an entire week at a time when I'm in desperate need a refill by her mistake. At first, she was attentive and listened to me but as time has gone by, I hardly feel like she has the time of day to listen to me - I should need to feel like I'm bothering a doctor who's job is to help me. At one point in time she told me there was nothing else I could try to help my condition. I'm going to put the time I take going to my appointments to find a new psychiatrist.
Oct 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Meh Jabeen Hussain, MD?
She consults at Hartgrove and does not return phone calls in a timely manner. My child was discharged without the DR making sure the medications were covered by his insurance and has failed to address this issue almost a week later, or return phone calls. I also had to ask her to adjust his medication to address issues she was already aware of but not proactive to treat.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Concerned Parent in Chciago, IL – Jun 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Meh Jabeen Hussain, MD?
Do not use Dr. Hussein is a psychiatrist . She's never on time, she accepts phone calls during your sessions, and is very bad about returning phone calls . I stopped going to her a year and a half ago, and just received a bill from her office for missing two of my sessions when I had to leave because she was running almost 2 hours behind schedule. I called to dispute the charge with her, and she said she would send me to collections if I didn't pay the $100.
Chicago, IL – Sep 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Meh Jabeen Hussain, MD?
Was suppose to call my child for a phone appointment and never did. Called her office several times a day for an entire week waiting for the decency of a return phone call and never called my child or myself back. Only has a answering service who has no control to give messages. Never refilled my child prescription. For a psychiatrist or any type of doctor in need, she is awful! Very unprofessional. Hate to see if it's an emergency no way to contact her. She STINKS!!!!
leeann mccartney in Palatine, IL – Feb 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Meh Jabeen Hussain, MD?
Waited over an hour in the office for our appointment. She never called. Receptionists don't have her schedule or any way to contact her. I didn't hear from her for two days. When I tried to reschedule, she never returned my call. I called her service four times. Never refilled medication or got back to pharmacy.
toni s in Barrington, IL – Jan 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Meh Jabeen Hussain, MD?
Most unprofessional doctor I've ever had. She's often late for over an hour. During our session, she's constantly on her phone to call or message and typing on her computer. Does not make you feel like she's listening to you. Scheduling or rescheduling is not flexible. She does not receive her messages and tried enforcing a late fee on me when I canceled on time. I would suggest that she get a secretary to help her with paper work and appointments.
Northbrook, IL – Dec 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Meh Jabeen Hussain, MD?
My daughter was really struggling. Dr Hussain chose a med, started at a low dose, and titrated til she was doing better. She asked about side effects. Dr Hussain always talks with her about how things are going and encourages her to plan ahead.
Sycamore, IL – Sep 17, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Meh Jabeen Hussain, MD?
She was very attentive to my child's needs, knew the diagnosis and gave the appropriate recommendations and treatment needed. She is very knowledgeable and has a wealth of experience. She is kind and compassionate, very warm and understanding. I will recommend her hands down.
St Charles, IL – Aug 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Meh Jabeen Hussain, MD?
I love Dr. Hussain she has been my psychiatrist for many years. I trust her and I feel that she is very compassionate and takes my best interests into consideration and does not make me me feel uncomfortable or as if I don't matter. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Hussain and she will be my doctor as long as she is in practice.
Cecilia Cunningham in Aurora, IL – May 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Meh Jabeen Hussain, MD?
Dr. Hussain was my psychiatrist a couple years ago, I was prescribed medicine that did not help, or made my mental health worse. One medicine that did help, made me uncomfortable to walk and she suggested that we increase the dose to see what would happen. She told me my trauma had fried my brain & the only way I could feel better is if I continued taking these pills I paid for, most of them were over $30 for a month. Also, she is usually over a half hour late & always tried hurrying my visits.
Sycamore, IL – May 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Meh Jabeen Hussain, MD?
Dr. Hussain is currently treating my adolescent son for depression. Only 2 visits but I am satisfied so far. She explains things in a way my son can understand and tells me exactly what to expect and timeframes when taking his new medication. One improvement that she should make with regard to connecting with her patients is EYE CONTACT. She bares looks at us when in the office and asking questions. Primarily looks at her computer as she is typing notes.
St. Charles Mom in Saint Charles, IL – May 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Meh Jabeen Hussain, MD?
Dr. Hussain is always late at the least 1/2 hour but usually and hour or more for every appointment.
Jane S in Cincinnati, OH – May 06, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Meh Jabeen Hussain, MD?
Interrupted session to take 3 phone calls. When I call and leave a message no one returns my calls.
Kim Guerra in Addison, IL – Mar 10, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Meh Jabeen Hussain, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Hussain?

My care is based on the individual needs of my patients. Medications are tailored according to the symptoms presented and the patient's medical status....Read more

Over 13 years in practice, establishing myself in the Fox Valley area Specialize in children and adolescent psychiatry, but also continue to grow in my...Read more

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry