Dr. Megan Mackenzie, DO

NeurologyFemaleAge 37

Neurology

Dr. Megan Mackenzie, DO is a Neurology Specialist in Centerville, OH. She is affiliated with medical facilities such as Grandview Medical Center and Kettering Medical Center. Her office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Megan Mackenzie, DO

Dayton Center for Neurological Disorders

1975 Miamisburg Centerville Rd Centerville, OH 45459
Telehealth services available
Telehealth services available

Compare with other Neurology Specialists

Compare Dr. Mackenzie with our nearby Neurology Specialists at Atrium Medical Center.

Make an appointment at Atrium Medical Center today at (513) 318-7299.

These providers are on the medical staff of Atrium Medical Center.

Dr. Mackenzie's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Mackenzie

2.3

Dr. Mackenzie

Highly Recommend Dr. Mackenzie
Dr. Mackenzie is a great doctor. She was honest about my diagnosis and it potentially being permanent and gave me tips for how to deal with the diagnosis. I appreciated her honesty and compassion.
Feb 09, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Megan Mackenzie, DO?
If you’d like to be ignored and brushed off, go see her. My husband who is not the sharpest tool even thought she was blowing me off. It would be nice to have a doctor that actually cared what you had to say about how things are going. She needs to work on her skill set in that area
Jul 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Megan Mackenzie, DO?
I liked her during my first visit during which the diagnosis was made and a a follow-up appt was made for an injection for occipital neuralgia. On the day of the injection, she breezed in, gave me the injection, and was out the door as quickly as she could take off her gloves. So abrupt I was shocked. I need another injection and will find another dr for treatment.
Oct 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Megan Mackenzie, DO?
Dr. Mackenzie assessed my mother while she sat in a chair. My mother continued to decline. Because my mother didn’t fit the classic medical casebook symptoms she over looked what my mother reported to her. We moved onto another neurologist whom gave a diagnosis and treatment plan. Now my mom has a quality of life instead of continuing to decline.
Sep 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Megan Mackenzie, DO?
She originally started out great, however, once the diagnosis became complex, she simply said that she had no more treatment options and she stopped answering any questions. It was an abrupt and uncaring end to what had been a decent Physician/patient relationship. She just appeared to get tired and gave up. She would be fine for a normal headache that responds quickly to treatment, but not for anything complex that requires additional thought.
Nov 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Megan Mackenzie, DO?
Dr. Mackenzie is amazing! She listens, spends quality time to understand the medical symptoms and then explains thoroughly the next steps to take. She demonstrates that she truly cares! Thanks for your patience and treatment! Dara
Dara Buchy in Greenville, OH – Dec 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Megan Mackenzie, DO?
Horrible. Lacks compassion, respect, and knowledge for patients. She spent less than 2 minutes in the room with me after waiting almost an hour to see her. Did not explain test results, did not listen to me or answer my questions. If I could give her a zero star, I would have. Do not waste your time. Stood up in the middle of me asking a question, tried to shake my hand and walked out. No treatment, plan of care, or concern for her patient. Ridiculous.
Dec 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Megan Mackenzie, DO?
Dr. Mackenzie is the most genuine and kind doctor I have ever seen. After a terrible experience with a neurologist from a different practice that had me over medicated and bed ridden for months, I was referred to Dr. M. She instructed her nurse to triple book her if needed, to make sure I got some relief via a procedure she commonly uses. I wouldnt care if I had to wait for 2 hours. I know the wait is due to Dr. M's care & concern for her patients. BEST.DOCTOR.EVER.
Mar 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Megan Mackenzie, DO?
Dr. MacKenzie is very professional. She has a good bedside manner. She explains medical conditions and treatment plans in-depth, and takes time to answer questions. I would highly recommend Dr. McKenzie.
Mar 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Megan Mackenzie, DO?
My wife was referred to Dr. MacKenzie for a clearance for surgery after a suspected TIA. She was examined by a nurse practicioner who gave her a clean bill of health and assured me of approval. But Dr. MacKenzie refused to sign off because the suspected TIA was only 80 days ago, and the guideline is 90 days. I attempted to talk to Dr. MacKenzie three times but she only sent two nurses and the HR manager. Why did she refuse to even talk to me? She must not care about her patients.
Michael Wier in Centerville, OH – Sep 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Megan Mackenzie, DO?
this place is a joke! the office is staff is beyond incompetent!! and to top things off, they LIE! They told me they scheduled a medical test for me, never heard back from them, then a month later for a follow up visit, they said the test was "denied", so I called my insurance company and they said there was NO RECORD of any denial, and NO record of the doctor ever requesting the test!!!
Springfield, OH – Feb 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Megan Mackenzie, DO?
I called the office and they Said they were closed. So I called the after hours number because my headaches are to the point I can't function. The nurse called back and asked why I called the after hours number when they are still there. I said when I called the voice message said they were closed. She said they turn there phones off at 4. She seemed pissed that I called the after hour number. And I then said if you turn the phones off how do I get ahold of someone. So rude and they don't care.
Darryl Sanderson in Miamisburg, OH – Oct 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Megan Mackenzie, DO?
I'm not sure why others gave low stars for Dr. Mackenzie. She is a great doctor! I've had chronic migraines for almost 20 yrs and I've seen docs all over the country. She took the time to listen to my concerns. We discussed in length my past treatment history and my treatment options. She made sure I understood the prescribed treatment, how it's performed and what to expect. She made sure I understood that this treatment depends on insurance approval and they will call when we can proceed.
Heather in Franklin, OH – Sep 06, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Megan Mackenzie, DO?
I've been suffering from migraines for many years now and I've finally felt relief after seeing Dr. MacKenzie. She has explained what could be happening and works hard to figure out my specific triggers. She is extremely helpful and worked to find the best medicine for me and my insurance. I highly recommend Dr. MacKenzie.
Dayton, OH – Sep 02, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Megan Mackenzie, DO?
Terrible Doctor who lacks compassion. Did not follow up on test that she ordered. I asked about it at my next appointment and she gave me a vague answer I think everything was OK. It was clear that she had not read her notes prior to my appointment and could not answer basic questions regarding my care. Refused to refill (Non Narcotic) medicine that I had been on for years without much of an explanation. Also refused to fill out FMLA paperwork which puts my job in peril. Don't waste your time.
Bellbrook, OH – Jun 19, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Megan Mackenzie, DO?
Worse experience of my life!!! Doctor notes in the computer don't match what she tells you. They don't return your phone calls. Do NOT go to this place.
Practice Causes Headaches in Dayton, OH – May 26, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Megan Mackenzie, DO?
Poor bedside manner. Did not even examine me. Allowed a med student to conduct the exam. Propped herself up on the exam table instead of asking me to sit there. CVS couldn't fulfill the prescription because she forgot to write her ID# on it. Waste of time. Waste of money. Save yourself a lot of time and trouble and go to an MD not a DO, preferably associated with Miami Valley or even University Hospital in Cincinnati.
Dayton, OH – May 23, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Megan Mackenzie, DO?
Terrible Doctor. Will not return phone calls to explain test results. No sense of urgency regarding patient tests and/or neurological changes that might impact care. Snobish. I would give her a zero if it was on the satisfaction form. Run, don't walk away from this one.
BJD in Dayton, OH – Apr 20, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Megan Mackenzie, DO?
I'm recovering from a bacterial infection in my nervous system that left me unable to walk without help so i'm obviously scared and searching for answers to speed my recovery. After a 3 month wait for my appointment I go in and instead of the doctor I get an assistant and her only answer is you need to keep going to physical therapy. Very dissappointing to say the least after such a long wait. I have also had problems getting my return to work form filled due to her not being trained to do so.
Mike G. in Dayton, OH – Apr 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Megan Mackenzie, DO?
Her little assistant thinks she knows more than Dr's and argued with me about a previous diagnosis nothing to even do with her so called specialty. Dr Mackenzie wouldn't even listen to my symptoms and only spent 5 minutes (if that), then claims someone cant have MS if they are over 40 which just isn't true (Im not convinced I have it but don't try and give me false information) then order unrelated tests anyone knows will come out false, and she was just very arrogant.
E Beck in Dayton, OH – Apr 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Megan Mackenzie, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. Mackenzie?