Dr. Meera Oza, MD

Dr. Meera Oza, MD

Rheumatology | Female | 67 years old

Arthritis & Osteoporosis Treatment Center

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Oza specializes in Rheumatology and practices in Orange Park, FL. She practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Oza? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Oza's Experience

99Experience
Match

See how Dr. Oza's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Oza

Dr. Oza accepts 4 insurance carriers

4 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Oza has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Oza

Dr. Oza's Review Details
2.1 based on 62 responses
Experience with Dr. Oza
Dr. Oza's Office & Staff
    31 – 45 minutes (55)
in Jacksonville |
If I could leave 0 stars I would the wait times here are ridiculous your appointment time is X time you show up early and still do not get seen til 2 hours after your appointment time. The doctor wants to to be on her religiously preferred diet. Is extremely hard to understand and doesn't listen to your concerns or issues prescibed me 7 medications and I am not getting better. I can't wait until I can find a new RA doctor
Fleming Island, FL |
Dr Oza seems to be very skilled in her field but I would not recommend her as every time I visited her office she made several complaints about how much she was reimbursed from my insurance carrier. I also had a wait time of 2 to 4 hours in her waiting room each time I went before going back to see her where I waited another 30 to 45 min before being seen. I only once had to wait 4 hours the average is about 3. Also they collect your copy as soon as you sign in to prevent you from walking out.
in Jacksonville, FL |
I am a long-term patient of Dr. Oza and have received excellent care from both Dr. Oza and her staff. Dr. Oza has always shown a willingness to listen to my input and adjust my treatment plan if it made sense.
in Jacksonville, FL |
I absolutely LOVE Dr. Oza and her staff of non-physician providers. She literally saved my life. I have been seeing her for over 10 years. She is very knowledgeable and compassionale. She does have an accent but I do not have any trouble understanding her. She is also very firm with her patients and blunt regarding diseases and what you need to do to control it. I ldefinitely appreciate her approach. The only negative i have is that the wait can be long, but for me she is worth it.
in Jacksonville, FL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Meera Oza for over 10 years. She diagnosed me with RA when no one else had been able to figure out my problem. I am almost 70years old and have never seen a more dedicated, caring Doctor than Dr. Oza.
in Bostwick, Florida |
I am able to have a normal life thanks to Dr. Meera Oza treatment and health suggestions.
in Jacksonville, FL |
Dr. Oza has been my rheumatologist for over 10 years. I was going to an Orthopedic physician because my knees were both very swollen, painful, and it was hard to walk. He sent me to Dr. Oza who diagnosed me with Rheumatoid Arthritis and started me on medication and physical therapy immediately. Within a few weeks, my pain and swelling were gone. Over the years, as the R.A. has progressed, Dr. Oza has worked to find the right treatment to put the R.A. in remission.
Orange Park, FL |
First, Dr Oza is very good technically. She brought my Psoriatic Arthritis under control quickly and I've been stable for a year and a half, with a normal quality of life. It is for this reason ONLY that I would recommend her. That said, she is the most controlling doctor I have ever had to deal with. I would rather go to a dermatologist and have him freeze a few things off than endure a visit with Dr Oza herself. Frequency of visits required is way excessive. Fortunately, her staff is nice.
Jacksonville, FL |
Every time I go there for an appointment, I can expect to be there for a few hours waiting for a 15-30 minutes evaluation. I once waited for roughly FOUR hours. Definitely have to clear your entire day if you have an appointment at this clinic.
Orange Park, FL |
Dr very rude, cannot understand what she says. Reads and types on computer for most of the visit. Thought she was giving me a cortisone injection in my hip next thing I knew she gave me 2 shots in my back I was seeing her for my hip, not back. No pain in backbone. kept asking me about my hands told her no pain or swelling. Asked me 3 times each time I said no problem. Wrote on portal my hands were swelling and painful SAID SHE WAS STRESSED OUT.Should have walked out then Sorry I went to her
Have you seen Dr. Oza?
Are you Dr. Oza? Post a response on your personalized profile.

• Rheumatology

Why It Matters: Dr. Oza's Board Certifications

• Rheumatology

• Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Felty's Syndrome
  • Gout
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lupus
  • Muscle Weakness
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Psoriatic Arthritis

Wayne State University Medical Center
    Wayne State University Medical Center
    Saurashtra University

Graduated in 1969

Dr. Oza has no media or publications listed.

Memberships & Affiliations

Dr. Oza does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Oza and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Oza's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Rheumatology
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Oza

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Oza's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
31 – 45 minutes

Experience with Dr. Oza

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients