Dr. Meera R. Oza, MD

Dr. Meera R. Oza, MD

Rheumatology | Female | 68 years old

I am a Rheumatologist since 1985 and Practicing in Orange Park, Florida since 1985. I recognized the utmost need of treating rheumatic diseases during my training in internal medicine since it is a very painful condition and it is generally ignored by the internist and general practitioners. I realized the shortage of Rheumatologist for taking care of many suffering patients, who required proper diagnosis and treatment. Over the years I have seen more than 30,000 patients and practicing Rheumatology has been a great source of satisfaction for me since I can make difference in patient's life, I can give them hope and they can live their life again. I treat my patients aggressively to stop the progression of the disease and deformities they bring. I am serving as a board member in Florida society Of Rheumatology since 2001, and I am a Past President of Florida society of Rheumatology . I have participated in Medicare carrier advisory board for l several years. I was a member of affiliated state council of the American college of Rheumatology and member of insurance subcommittee . I am also a member of ACR, AMA, FMA, Clay county medical society and AAPI.Read more

Arthritis & Osteoporosis Treatment Center
2100 Kingsley Ave
Orange Park, FL 32073 Get Directions

Our Practice philosophy is to provide our patients comfort with kindness , empathy and compassion.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Oza's Experience

See how Dr. Oza's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Oza

Dr. Oza accepts 14 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Oza has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Oza
Dr. Oza's Office & Staff
    31 – 45 minutes (59)
in Keystone Heights |
I have seen Dr. Oza for 5 years now. We were a military family stationed in Jacksonville. I had suffered throughout my childhood with illnesses that doctors would dusmuss. My first visit to Dr. Oza was a long wait in the waiting room, but absolutely worth the wait. Dr. Oza has been aa blessing to my life. She properly diagnosed me, is always compassionate and attentive to my needs. I would never go to another Rheumatologist. She is truly amazing and fully cares about her payients.
in Orange Park, FL |
Dr. Oza is very caring and looks at the person as a whole. In other words she treats her entire patient with respect, not like you're just a number, body part or disease. I recommend Dr. Meera Oza, she and her staff are all amazing.
in Orange Park, FL |
I am a long term patient of Dr. Oza, over 15 years. I find her and her staff to be exceptionally compassionate and extraordinarily competent. They litteraly have given me my life back. They listen and they council considering both my needs and their own wealth of expertise.
in Jacksonville, FL |
Dr Oza and her PA are amazing! Very genuine and compassionate! I would highly recommend Dr Oza!
in Jacksonville |
If I could leave 0 stars I would the wait times here are ridiculous your appointment time is X time you show up early and still do not get seen til 2 hours after your appointment time. The doctor wants to to be on her religiously preferred diet. Is extremely hard to understand and doesn't listen to your concerns or issues prescibed me 7 medications and I am not getting better. I can't wait until I can find a new RA doctor
Fleming Island, FL |
Dr Oza seems to be very skilled in her field but I would not recommend her as every time I visited her office she made several complaints about how much she was reimbursed from my insurance carrier. I also had a wait time of 2 to 4 hours in her waiting room each time I went before going back to see her where I waited another 30 to 45 min before being seen. I only once had to wait 4 hours the average is about 3. Also they collect your copy as soon as you sign in to prevent you from walking out.
in Jacksonville, FL |
I am a long-term patient of Dr. Oza and have received excellent care from both Dr. Oza and her staff. Dr. Oza has always shown a willingness to listen to my input and adjust my treatment plan if it made sense.
in Jacksonville, FL |
I absolutely LOVE Dr. Oza and her staff of non-physician providers. She literally saved my life. I have been seeing her for over 10 years. She is very knowledgeable and compassionale. She does have an accent but I do not have any trouble understanding her. She is also very firm with her patients and blunt regarding diseases and what you need to do to control it. I ldefinitely appreciate her approach. The only negative i have is that the wait can be long, but for me she is worth it.
in Jacksonville, FL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Meera Oza for over 10 years. She diagnosed me with RA when no one else had been able to figure out my problem. I am almost 70years old and have never seen a more dedicated, caring Doctor than Dr. Oza.
in Bostwick, Florida |
I am able to have a normal life thanks to Dr. Meera Oza treatment and health suggestions.
Thanks for your kind coments.
in Jacksonville, FL |
Dr. Oza has been my rheumatologist for over 10 years. I was going to an Orthopedic physician because my knees were both very swollen, painful, and it was hard to walk. He sent me to Dr. Oza who diagnosed me with Rheumatoid Arthritis and started me on medication and physical therapy immediately. Within a few weeks, my pain and swelling were gone. Over the years, as the R.A. has progressed, Dr. Oza has worked to find the right treatment to put the R.A. in remission.
Orange Park, FL |
First, Dr Oza is very good technically. She brought my Psoriatic Arthritis under control quickly and I've been stable for a year and a half, with a normal quality of life. It is for this reason ONLY that I would recommend her. That said, she is the most controlling doctor I have ever had to deal with. I would rather go to a dermatologist and have him freeze a few things off than endure a visit with Dr Oza herself. Frequency of visits required is way excessive. Fortunately, her staff is nice.
Jacksonville, FL |
Every time I go there for an appointment, I can expect to be there for a few hours waiting for a 15-30 minutes evaluation. I once waited for roughly FOUR hours. Definitely have to clear your entire day if you have an appointment at this clinic.
I agree about waiting time and seating in front of the computer due increased in demand by the government and due to the complexity of the patients. I am looking for the solution and I have found one an experienced Rheumatologist Dr. Roane is joining my practice, He will be able to reduce my load and reduce waiting time. I want to apologize to my patients whomever I have hurt, I never meant to hurt my patients since they are already hurting and I want to take care of their pain.
Orange Park, FL |
Dr very rude, cannot understand what she says. Reads and types on computer for most of the visit. Thought she was giving me a cortisone injection in my hip next thing I knew she gave me 2 shots in my back I was seeing her for my hip, not back. No pain in backbone. kept asking me about my hands told her no pain or swelling. Asked me 3 times each time I said no problem. Wrote on portal my hands were swelling and painful SAID SHE WAS STRESSED OUT.Should have walked out then Sorry I went to her
Have you seen Dr. Meera R. Oza, MD?

Dr. Oza says...

I am a Rheumatologist since 1985 and Practicing in Orange Park, Florida since 1985. I recognized the utmost need of treating rheumatic diseases during my training in internal medicine since it is  a very painful condition and it is generally ignored by the internist and general practitioners. I realized the shortage of Rheumatologist for taking care of many suffering patients, who required proper diagnosis and treatment. Over the years I have seen more than 30,000 patients and  practicing Rheumatology has been a great source of satisfaction for me since I can make difference in patient's life, I can give them hope and they can live their life again. I treat my patients aggressively to stop the progression of the disease and deformities they bring.

I am serving as a board member in Florida society Of Rheumatology since 2001, and I am a Past President of Florida society of Rheumatology . I have participated in Medicare carrier advisory board for l several years. I was a member of affiliated state council of the American college of Rheumatology and member of insurance subcommittee . I am also a member of ACR, AMA, FMA, Clay county medical society and AAPI.

Dr. Oza's Care Philosophy

Dr. Oza says...

I am a Board Certified Rheumatologist, and my training   after the medical school includes  3 yrs of internal medicine and 2 years of Rheumatology fellowship. I am a Practicing rheumatologist for more than 30 yrs, with a vast experience of treating more than 30,000 patients with different conditions, some of whom have indicative tests such as the positive blood test and some of them that do not. But with my long experience as a Rheumatologist, I am able to make proper diagnosis of complex  patients, and treat them to relieve their symptoms.  Following are Some of the conditions.

Rheumatoid Arthritis, Psoriatic arthritis, Lupus, Polymyositis, Dermatomyositis, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Vasculitis, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Gout, Pseudogout, Neck pain,Back pain, Degenerative disc disease,  Ankylosing spondylitis, Viral Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Any condition related to musculoskeletal problems.

Dr. Oza says...

I treat the patients with various autoimmune disease and various type of arthritis, these diseases require various disease modifying treatment with different medications, the small dose of chemotherapeutic agents and Biological agent to slow down the progression of the diseases. Joint, bursa and tendon injection with cortisone and biological infusions are part of the treatment.

On-site blood test, X-rays, Bone densitometry, and extremity MRI we provide at our site for our patient's convenience.

Dr. Oza's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Rheumatology
  •  Board certified in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology

Dr. Oza has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Oza's Board Certifications

• Arthropathy in Behcet's Syndrome
  • Arthropathy of Spinal Facet Joint
  • Crystal Arthropathy
  • Crystalline Arthritis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Felty's Syndrome
  • Gout
  • Gouty Arthropathy
  • Joint Disorders
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lupus
  • Muscle Weakness
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Psoriatic Arthritis

Saurashtra University

Graduated in 1969

• Gujarati
  • Hindi

Dr. Oza does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Oza and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Rheumatology