Dr. Mazhar Golewale, MD

PsychiatryMaleAge 50

Psychiatry

Dr. Mazhar Golewale, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Oakbrook Terrace, IL and has over 26 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Al-Ameen Medical College, Rajiv Gandhi University Of Health Sciences in 1996. He is affiliated with Edward Hospital - Main Campus. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Mazhar Golewale, MD

• Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check Dr. Golewale's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Golewale's Top Procedures and Conditions

Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery

Dr. Golewale performs Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery more than 80% of his peers

Dr. Golewale performs this procedure more than 80% of his peers

Major Depressive Disorder

Dr. Golewale treats Major Depressive Disorder more than 75% of his peers

Dr. Golewale treats this condition more than 75% of his peers

Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)

Dr. Golewale treats Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain) more than 72% of his peers

Dr. Golewale treats this condition more than 72% of his peers

Dr. Golewale's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Antisocial Personality Disorder
  • Autism
  • Binge Eating Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Cocaine Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Dependence
  • Somatoform Disorders
  • Suicidal Ideation
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

Dr. Golewale accepts

Dr. Golewale accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Dr. Golewale's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Golewale

3.2

Dr. Golewale

Dr. Golewale is absolutely not the right psychiatrist for me. He was condescending and I suspect that he has an extremely big ego. I was very anxious about my first appointment with him, which to me seems very understandable, but he seemed annoyed when I was struggling to speak and articulate what I’ve been experiencing recently and in the past. He did not ask me any questions regarding my sleep, how my college experience has been, or how my eating/appetite has been which seem like an extremely important thing to ask a new patient and are very relevant for me. His attitude and demeanor made me too anxious to share any more about myself than the specific questions he asked, which is partly my fault, but also his. Once he decided what he was prescribing me and briefly went over a single side effect that I may experience, he was basically like “okay now get out of my office”. I left the building and immediately started crying. I will be cancelling the follow-up appointment that I made.
  • Long wait times
Jan 08, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mazhar Golewale, MD?
Patient between 2019-2021. I have C-PTSD and an eating disorder. Dr. Golewale misdiagnosed me with schizophrenia and when I said this might not be correct, he didn’t take me seriously. I got off the medication I was prescribed and now have possibly permanent side effects. I informed him I was relapsing into my eating disorder and he calculated my BMI—a 100% arbitrary standard. He then said I was probably fine but I could do the PHP I’d been recommended to “if I thought it would help.” Didn’t ask any Qs about my relationship with food and once commented that I need to stay active after I gained some weight. When I dyed my hair from pink to brown, he said it was “finally, the real me!” He asked 1 question about my childhood trauma in the two years I saw him. He condescended to my therapist. He over-prescribed and his advice to fix my sleep issues was “have you tried waking up with the sun and sleeping at 7pm?” HUGE ego and out of touch—gonna have to recover from seeing him.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
Oct 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mazhar Golewale, MD?
I've seen Dr Golewale for about 6 months and am very satisfied with the level of care. He is open to new methods and feedback. I would recommend.
Mar 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mazhar Golewale, MD?
I created an account here just to leave a review for Dr. Golewale and his office. The staff are friendly, efficient, and they have come to recognize my voice and learn my meds. This doctor is one of the rare kind that will actually return your phone calls on weekends and talk you off of a ledge. He is patient, he is caring, and he is genuinely vested in the health and well-being of his patients. Not only does he takes the time to explain the science behind illnesses and treatment, but he seems to enjoy 'teaching'. I hate it when providers talk down to others who are not physicians -- Dr. Golewale does not do this at all. Highly recommended!
Cameron – Nov 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mazhar Golewale, MD?
I saw Dr. Golewale for ADHD diagnosis in 2015. He put me through a barrage of young-child diagnosis instruments and required extensive elementary school documentation that I could no longer access. Wouldn't listen to a word I said and wouldn't diagnose without printed documentation. Completely unsympathetic "gatekeeper" of a doctor.
St Charles, IL – Dec 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mazhar Golewale, MD?
I have been seeing Dr Golewale for a few months now and everything is going pretty well. I feel he is interested in me as a patient and concerned for my well-being. He always checks to make sure he knows what other medications I am taking. He has made helpful suggestions. I feel he is a good and caring doctor. He does also have a Licensed Social Worker working with him. I did have to see her for an evaluation prior to seeing the doctor. I feel that was a good practice. Highly recommended.
Sandy J in Naperville, IL – Aug 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mazhar Golewale, MD?
Golewale made sure it was evident that he was uninterested in my issues. He'd ask me a question and I could see the disinterest immediately before I even opened my mouth. He does not return calls. His arrogance really turned me off during my appointment, but him ignoring my call/message was uncalled for.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Downers Grove, IL – Jul 26, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mazhar Golewale, MD?
Thank you for helping me and guiding me in ways to help teach myself how to finally write what I can finally rest easy with and call proper HTML. I will always be thankful. Good luck fishing to both you and the family! - Brandyn
Brandyn in USA – Dec 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mazhar Golewale, MD?
I was a patient around 2009-2011. One thing that irritated me was that it felt like I was just another client. Very little eye contact, or facing me, always writing something out. It didn't seem like he was paying attention. And after about 10 min. He would suggest to either increase my medication, go off my medication or switch my medication. After some adjustments I had found a good medication dosage that felt right for me but he did not agree so I found a new psychiatrist that would listen.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
K.A. in Geneva, IL – May 24, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mazhar Golewale, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Golewale?