Dr. Mazen Elyan, MD
Not Accepting

Dr. Mazen Elyan, MD

Rheumatology | Male

730 N Macomb St Monroe, MI 48162 Get Directions

Our mission is to provide thorough and compassionate care for patients with arthritis and related conditions in Monroe county, Michigan and its neighboring areas. We treat each patient as a partner and make patient education a central component of medical care.

Dr. Mazen Elyan, MD is a rheumatology doctor who practices in Monroe, MI. He is 43 years old and has been practicing for 17 years.

Dr. Elyan's Experience

See how Dr. Elyan's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Elyan

Dr. Elyan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Elyan to family and friends
Dr. Elyan's Performance
in Carmel, IN |
Dr. Elyan is an awesome doctor and person
in Greenwood, IN |
Dr. Elyan treated me for rheumatoid arthritis for several years. I had tried 3 doctors before I was lucky enough to find Dr. Elyan. He is by far the best doctor for my arthritis. He did more to relieve the pain than anyone. And he was always available for "emergency" treatments. He could always squeeze me in at least the next day and that is fantastic when you are in extreme pain from an arthritis flare-up. I would recommend Dr. Elyan to anyone.
in Indianapolis, IN |
I have had chronic health problems for years. Several doctors simply told me they could not help me without even making any effort. Dr. Elyan was a breath of fresh air. He reviewed my records before my first visit with him, listened to my story, asked many questions and took notes. He may not be able to cure me but he is trying his best to help me and that means a lot to me and my family.
in Greensburg, IN |
Very good Doctor, hate to see him leave our area, hard to find the good ones, did help with my fatigue from sjogrens syndrome,
in Columbus, IN |
Dr. Elyan was the doctor that diagnosed me with rheumatoid arthritis. He is wonderful. He always listens to my concerns and makes adjustments accordingly. He always takes the time to address and explain why he's changing something to better treat my symptoms. If I call with a flare or symptoms it is always addressed with an appointment or a recommendation. I would recommend him to anyone!
Martinsville, IN |
Excellent physician, takes necessary time to explain things, why he is taking a certain approach, and answers all questions to my satisfaction. I was diagnosed with Lupus (SLE) and it is a complex disease but he helps make some sense of what I am experiencing. My wife also sees him and has the same take.
Indianapolis, IN |
I felt like he was in a hurry and wasn't listening to me. He said he was leaving the practice and if I wanted to continue to see him I could find him. No thanks!
in Akron, OH |
I was a patient when I lived in Michigan, i now live in Cleveland, Ohio! One of the best rheumatologist I've seen ever, wish he was here in Cleveland, though two of the rheumatologist I have seen here have done their residency with Dr Elyan, I personally prefer Dr Elyan hands down! Please come to Cleveland ?
in Brazil |
I've been a patient at that office for well over a year the doctor I was seeing decided to quit and she had children I had to wait for months to get an appointment at that point with Dr Elyan. Had to change my appointment because of staph infection and they wanted me to wait another 4 months so at that point my Rheumatology needs were not being taken care of. Very Disappointed. Cancelled all future care.. we'll find another doctor that cares about their patients & their needs which isn't Dr E
in Indianapolis, IN |
Excellent. Very knowledgeable and thorough. I felt as though he listens to me. He explains my options and allows me to make my own decisions.
Have you seen Dr. Mazen Elyan, MD?
Are you Dr. Elyan?

Compare Dr. Elyan

Dr. Elyan's Care Philosophy

Dr. Elyan's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Rheumatology
  •  Board certified in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology
  •  Malpractice claims in Michigan not available

• Distinguished Rheumatology Fellow Award (American College of Rheumatology), 2007
    • Aadel Askari Humanitarian Fellow Award (Cleveland Society of Rheumatology), 2007

Dr. Elyan has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

Why It Matters: Dr. Elyan's Board Certifications

• Rheumatology

• Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Ankylosing Vertebral Hyperostosis
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Polymyositis

Completed in 2007

Damascus Univ. School Of Medicine

Graduated in 1997

• Arabic

Dr. Elyan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Elyan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Rheumatology