Dr. Mayo Noerdlinger, MD

Dr. Mayo Noerdlinger, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |

Dr. Mayo Noerdlinger, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Portsmouth, NH. He is 50 years old and has been practicing for 23 years. Dr. Noerdlinger is affiliated with Portsmouth Regional Hospital and York Hospital.

Atlantic Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine

150 US Highway 1 Byp

Portsmouth, NH 03801

• Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
  • HealthPartners
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)

Learn about Dr. Noerdlinger

I believe in educating people so they can make informed decisions about their care. Combining their knowledge with state of the art surgical techniques typically results in excellent outcomes.

Dr. Noerdlinger's Experience

Dr. Noerdlinger's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Shoulder Stabilizations
  • Shoulder Surgery
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for New Hampshire.

• Amherst College
  • Rush Presbytarian St. Lukes Med Ctr
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2001
  • Rush University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2001

Dr. Noerdlinger has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Noerdlinger does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Noerdlinger and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Noerdlinger's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Noerdlinger to family and friends
Dr. Noerdlinger's Performance
in Eliot,ME |
Excellent experience. My diagnosis was accurate, I received the information I needed in order to make the right decisions, the office staff was helpful, and when I made the decision to have my surgery everything went smoothly so that I received the outcome that I needed. I am so thankful for Dr. Noerdlinger, his staff, and his relationship at the hospital for my excellent care.
Exeter, NH |
Dr Noerdlinger repaired my torn meniscus, which was not treated properly in a prior surgery. He is a delight to work with--candid, clear, helpful and willing to spend time discussing the issues in a particular case. The office's billing practices are reasonable and transparent. Scheduling is easy. In other words, patients are treated as valued clients, not business objects. My knee feels normal for the first time in two years; I had forgotten what normal feels like, but it's wonderful!
in York, Maine |
Dr. Noerdlinger made my whole experience a good one. Telling me all of my options and explaining them clearly. From pre-op to post-op and finally through physical therapy I always felt as if I had his complete focus on me and my recovery. I realize that every patient and surgery is different but I've had surgery on both of my shoulders and the outcome has been fantastic for both. I highly recommend Dr. Noerdlinger to any one that I come in contact with who might be searching for a surgeon.
Portsmouth, NH |
Shoulder surgery for rotator cuff.
in Wells, ME |
If you need shoulder surgery, Dr. Noerdlinger is the surgeon you want. Years ago I had rotator cuff surgery on my right shoulder at a world renowned hospital in Boston, MA. This winter I tore my left rotator cuff and was referred to Dr. Noerdlinger as I now live in Maine. If I need an orthopedic surgeon again, I will definitely contact Dr. Noerdlinger. He is very knowledgeable, takes the time needed to answer all of your questions, and, addresses any concerns you have. Healing is going well.
Portsmouth, NH |
Dr. Noerdlinger is an excellent surgeon and communicator with his patients. I had a total right shoulder replaced last year and today, over a year and a half later I am still going strong. I recommend this fine surgeon to anyone who wants good results from their operation.
Portsmouth, NH |
horrible doctor. plain and simple. i was actually told from another Dr. that Dr. Mayo Noerdlinger is a less that desired Dr. i did'nt listen and found out that he wasn't lying. If your trying to get on pain pills then he's the doc for you, but if you want real help then DO NOT see this sham.
in Portsmouth, NH |
Excellent care!! Dr Noerdlinger is a true professional.
in Milton, NH |
DR. Noerdlinger gave me my life back! He is one of the best orthopedic doctors around this area for shoulders. I did research to find a doctor with excellent credentials by going online, talked to physical therapists, and talked to others with shoulder problems and I came up with Dr Noerdlinger. I knew I would need my shoulder replaced and possibly needed a reverse shoulder replacement and I wanted to have the best doctor who I had 100% complete confidence in. I'm am blessed to have found him.
in Wells, ME |
Dr. Noerdlinger is an amazing surgeon. I just had rotator cuff and bicep surgery. He called 3 times over a weekend to see how I was doing. I never experienced pain just some discomfort. I was out walking within 5 days and driving within 4 weeks. He explained the process in layman' s terms. Dr.N was supportive and encouraging. Thank you!
in Hampton, NH |
I was referred to Dr Noerdlinger by a friend of mine and it was the best decision I ever made! He is a very kind, patient and smart doctor. We've been through 2 shoulder surgeries together. He explains everything that he is going to do before and what he did do after surgery. My shoulders are finally on the mend after years of abuse and I will be back to doing what I love pain free very soon.
in South Berwick ME |
Dr. Noerdlinger is a very pleasant person and is easy to talk too. I had many concerns about my shoulder surgery and he addressed my concerns in a truthful manner. He makes me feel comfortable and valued as patient. I have already recommended Dr. Noerdlinger to some of my friends.
in York, ME |
Diagnosis was determined with appropriate questions/ tests. Surgery was done /successful. Toward the end of recovery, he listened intently to my concerns. Was off all meds, but still some pain. He assured me my concerns were justified. He agreed I had followed his instructions, therapy and activity level. I trusted him and was encouraged. I have since greatly improved. His professional/ friendly style was very calming for me as a new patient. Would do it again without question
in Wells, ME |
I am very pleased with Dr. Noerdlinger! I did not think that I would be as fortunate to get a new doctor here in Maine, that I would like as much as my previous one in Connecticut. Dr. Noerdlinger asks pertinent questions, listens well, and never makes my visits seem rushed to get to the next patient. I would highly recommend him.
in York, ME |
I had rotator cuff tears as well as bicep tear I am doing exceptionally after four weeks. I have some discomfort now, but movement is much improved. Lots of physical therapy will help.
in South Berwick, ME |
I would absolutely recommend Dr. Noerdlinger. I had a tear in my rotator cuff and severe arthritis. He did a reverse shoulder replacement. I had no pain and within a few weeks was using my shoulder and arm. Didn't need physical therapy and can do the little things again like washing my hair and folding towels with no pain. He answered all my questions in terms that I could understand and was easy to talk to.
in Barnstead NH |
extremely happy w my rotator cuff repair 12 weeks out about 85% Dr N sets realistic expectations and closely follows PT progress. Tks Dr Noerdlinger
in Kingston, NH |
Both my shoulder and Bicep had tears as well as Cuff injuries. The pain was severe most of the time and could not perform basic chores around the house and yard. After his surgery I am fully recovered and am at full strength without any pain, plus have full mobility and range of motion. He was right on with his diagnosis.
in Hampton, NH |
When I went to Dr. Noerdlinger's office, my shoulder was undependable and prone to significant pain with many everyday motions. 6 months post surgery my shoulder is dependable, flexible and getting stronger every day. I am very grateful to have a stable shoulder. Thank you Dr. noerdlinger.
Have you seen Dr. Mayo Noerdlinger, MD?
Are you Dr. Noerdlinger?

Visit Dr. Noerdlinger

Dr. Noerdlinger accepts 18 insurance carriers
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
    Harvard Pilgrim Health Care PPO
  • HealthPartners
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio

Portsmouth, NH 03801
York Hospital
15 Hospital Dr
York, ME 03909

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Noerdlinger at Atlantic Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine

Orthopedic Sports Medicine Surgery Specialist