Pediatric Pulmonology  |
Dr. Mayank Shukla, MD
Meet New York's Dr. Mayank Shukla: Pulmonologist & Sleep Doctor Dr. Mayank Shukla is a pulmonologist and sleep doctor whose unique combined approach to treatment has also successfully treated patients suffering with asthma, allergies and sleeping disorders in New York City for over 15 years. While he treats both adults and children, Dr. Shukla finds it particular rewarding helping children breathe easier. For this reason, Dr. Shukla is now expanding from central Brooklyn to Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island, to offer his patient-centered, empathic approach to all of New York City's children. He is motivated by a simple passion:

50 E 42nd St Rm 2305

• Fidelis Care
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
  • HealthFirst

Learn about Dr. Shukla

See how frequently Dr. Shukla performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Sleep Apnea
Sleep Disorders
Allergic Rhinitis

Dr. Shukla's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Shukla "Chief Pediatric Pulmonologist Dr. Shukla pioneered the morbidity directed asthma program, which consistently shows improvement in quality of life for children. Dr. Shukla's hands-on, personal, one-to-one approach has been very effective in controlling asthma symptoms. This program reduces the overall economic burden of asthma by preventing hospitalizations, emergency room visits, and missed days of work and school due to asthma, thus saving millions of dollars for the city and state healthcare system.

Dr. Mayank Shukla is Board Certified in Sleep Medicine. As a sleep doctor, Dr. Shukla addresses conditions like sleep apnea, insomnia, narcolepsy, and parasomnia. His unique multi- disciplinary approach  to sleeping disorders combines his experience and education as a pulmonologist and sleep doctor to provide personalized treatment for each and every patient. This makes Dr. Shukla one of the most sought after sleep doctors in New York to treat sleep apnea for both adults and children."

• Pediatric Pulmonology

• Anaphylaxis
  • Angioedema
  • Animal Allergies
  • Asthma
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Bird Flu
  • Bronchiectasis
  • Bronchiolitis
  • Bronchitis
  • Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia
  • Bronchospasm
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Cataplexy
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Chronic Sinusitis
  • Circadian Rhythm Sleep Disorder
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • Cough
  • Pinkeye (Conjunctivitis)
  • Pleural Effusion
  • Pneumoconiosis and Pneumonopathy
  • Pneumonia
  • Pneumonitis (Due to Solids or Liquids)
  • Pollen Allergy

• Allergy Skin Testing
  • Allergy Testing
  • Allergy Treatment
  • Breath Testing
  • Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
  • Dental Brace
  • Environmental Allergy Testing
  • Evaluation and Treatment of Sleep Disorders
  • Exercise-Induced Asthma (EIA) Testing
  • Laryngoscopy
  • Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT)
  • Pulmonary Function Test
  • Pulmonary Procedures
  • Respiratory Management
  • Sleep Apnea Oral Appliances
  • Sleep Study
  • Smoking Cessation Counseling
  • Thoracentesis

No malpractice history found for New York.

Education data for Dr. Shukla is unavailable at this time.

Dr. Shukla has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi
  • Russian
  • Tagalog
  • Urdu
  • Yiddish

Dr. Shukla does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shukla and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Shukla's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shukla to family and friends
Dr. Shukla Says:

Top 10 Doctors NY CITY and State

Dr. Shukla's Performance
Brooklyn, NY |
I would highly recommend Dr Shukla to family and friends, he is exceptional with the kids.
Brooklyn, NY |
DR. SHUKLA is a great doctor my son Jamel as been seeing him since he was 2years old and he is 9 now.
Brooklyn, NY |
Doctor Shukla is a great doctor and the reason why is because he helps me with what needs to be done so that's why i think thaT DOCTOR Shukla is a important doctor in my prospective.
Brooklyn, NY |
Both of my children are being seen by Dr sShukla. He has done a tremendous job with both of them. I see such an improvement in both of my kids health. thank you Dr Shukla
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Shukla is a great doctor. He always makes time for his patients, with or without appointment.
Brooklyn, NY |
Dr Shukla has been seeing my daughter for over a year now, and i must say i see such an improvement in her condition! She has asthma and with DR Shukla's help, we have limited the visits to the ER
in Brooklyn, NY |
....I AM HAPPY WITH the way Dr Shukla take care of my grandson. My grandson loves Dr Shukla. I have been seeing Dr Shukla for several years and see big change in his Asthma He has not gone to emergency room or hospital for years. We love him . Thank you very much for all your good work
in BROOKLYN |
Dr.Shukla has been treating my son for many years he is a great doctor will recommend him to anyone great job that you do dr.shukla.
in New York, NY |
DR.SHUKLA is a very pleasant honest and we really appreciate him since we been coming here we are so pleased I would recommend him to anyone .
in New York, NY |
this doctor made me feel that I was in safe hands. I was very pleased with my experience at the office. I was even smiling when I left. You are treated with tender loving care because they care.
in Staten Island, NY |
Dr Shukla has been seeing my daughter for almost a year now, and I have seen tremendous progress. The staff and the doctor are very friendly. He is very good and polite and always attends us and answers all of our questions or concerns.
Staten Island, NY |
It has been an overall positive experience. Dr. Shuklas team all works very hard. I come every other week for allergy shots and the staff is very friendly and kind .
in Brooklyn, NY |
I have been coming with my child for over a year now, I do appreciate the care and dedication to my daughter. Also, there is a Spanish speaking doctor!
in Brooklyn, NY |
Great experience, I love the attention he gives to patient.
in Brooklyn, NY |
Great experience, I have only been here twice and i have no complain
in Brooklyn, NY |
Doctor Shukla is very smart. He takes in consideration of both the parent and (child)ren . Making sure the child or person is well taken care. My experience with Doctor Shukla is nothing short of a good and great doctor.
in Brooklyn, NY |
We had very positive experience with the doctor. Office personal is great!
Brooklyn, NY |
I think he is a great doctor, my daughter is very well taken care of. I worry less now that I know she is seeing Dr Shukla . Great staff, friendly and always polite.
in Brooklyn, NY |
I was referred by a friend and I was pleasantly surprised. The office was very clean, staff was very pleasant and the wait was reasonable.
in Staten Island, NY |
Dr. Shukla is a very good doctor he take care of my daughter over 2 years and am so happy to how he do and explain everything
in Astoria, NY |
Good. He cares for his patients.
Astoria, NY |
Very accessible to all of his patients and very friendly. He is very easy to talk to and his staff is very friendly as well.
in Astoria, NY |
Excellent doctor & my son love this office.My son never had better or more personal care from a healthcare team
He is a good doctor
in New York, NY |
Very nice, takes good care and cares about patient. he is well known
in New York, NY |
Dr. Shukla is the most patient and nice taking care of patients.
in Astoria, NY |
like it so much . very good allergy treatment for me .
in Brooklyn, NY |
he's a Wonderful doctor ,my children LOVE HIM.i WOULD surely refer anyone with Asthma or Allergies to come to the best Asthma doctor in Brooklyn.
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Shukla and his staff are the best. He is very patient and his goal is to combat asthma. I hope that with his assistance my daughter will live without asthma.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Shukla is a great doctor and is always there for his patients. He goes above and beyond in his power to do so. He's just a great doctor.
in Brooklyn, NY |
He's the best doctor in the whole world. He is the reason my son's asthma is under control.
in New York, NY |
Great, very patient and compassionate with his patients
New York, NY |
I Highly recommend Dr. Shukla to anyone who is diagnose with allergies and Asthma, I have had a lot of problems with my health FOR MANY YEARS. I had severe itching and asthma no doctor could help me, steroids were given to me for years it was a temporary fix. Dr. Shukla is treating the root of the problem (allergies) I feel great!!!!! The doctor and his staff is very much concern about their patients well being, they are very kind and courteous. Thank you Doctor you gave me my life back.
New York, NY |
A good doctor, never have to wait too long
in New York, NY |
I recommend everyone to use Dr. Shukla's service. My quality of sleep has greatly improved.
in Astoria, NY |
the best service. good people friendly clean space. Child review:this has the most friendly doctors ,i've ever seen...clean space,nice arrangement.
in Astoria, NY |
Very professional, great ease of scheduling availability and little wait time. Staff is courteous, would highly recommend for patients with asthma!
Brooklyn, NY |
We have been very satisfied with the treatment and service received. We have seen major improvements over the last 4 weeks since we have become patient of Dr. Shukla and highly recommend him.
in Brooklyn, NY |
DR shukla is a god send to me and family he is best
in Brooklyn, NY |
Very pleasant Dr, listens to you and cares about you. Very easy to talk to
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr.Shukla is courteous and friendly . HE ALWAYS HAS TIME TO SEE MY DAUGHTER . Dr.Shukla is caring and passionate when it comes to his patients.
in Brooklyn, NY 11226 |
Dr.Shukla is a great doctor ,from the first time i brought my son to him he was straight to the point on what was going on. It's been a year since we have been his patient and Dr.Shukla has been spot on with our health issues . I have recommended two of my friends with sickly children to his office and i will definitely do it again! Thanks Dr.Shukla for your service.
in Brooklyn, NY |
I love coming here! My daughter has asthma and I have total confidence in Dr Shukla. He is funny and has a way to put my daughter at ease even when she is scared!
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr Shukla is very professional , knowledgeable and has great bed side manners. Staff is friendly, Dado is best Wait time is pretty decent for a specialist I will definitely recommend Dr Shukla to any one whose child suffering from Asthma
in Brooklyn, NY |
I'VE ALREADY REFERRED A FEW OF MY CO-WORKERS TO DR. SHUKLA. HE IS KIND AND VERY PATIENT. HE LISTENS AND OFFERS GOOD ADVICE. I LOVE THIS OFFICE.
Bayonne, NJ |
great service has been treating my son for a few years now hes is highly recommended
Staten Island, NY |
Dr. Shukla is knowledgeable, friendly , caring and compassionate. Would highly recommend him to my family and friends . Takes the time to explain in detail all conditions and medications. He is the best Pediatric Pulmonologist
in Staten Island, NY |
Dr Shukla was very patient and thorough.
Have you seen Dr. Mayank Shukla, MD?
Are you Dr. Shukla?

See our Pediatric Pulmonology Specialist at NewYork-Presbyterian/Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital

Visit Dr. Shukla