Dr. Maya J. Carter, MD

Dr. Maya J. Carter, MD

Family Medicine | Female | 43 years old

Be the first to review this doctor

I was drawn to the practice of Family Medicine because of the opportunity this medical specialty provides doctors to get to know treat and teach patients over a long period of time. I feel I have gained so much through the relationships my patients and I develop over time and consider it a privilege to be allowed to impart fundamental healthcare information to patients which will have a long lasting impact upon their overall health and well-being. I have been fortunate that many of my patients introduce me to their family and friends who eventually become my patients as well. I am particularly interested in community health and preventative medicine provision and like to participate in community health fairs and conferences to impact the healthcare needs of communities at large. I have also had the pleasure of educating Family Medicine residents and medical students and contributed to the continuing medical education of currently practicing primary care providers. I am also an avid animal lover having three dogs at home that make me laugh at every chance they get. My other interests are reading and walking and hope to travel the world.Read more

Dr. Carter's Experience

See how Dr. Carter's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Carter

Dr. Carter accepts 7 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Carter has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Carter's Reviews

Help millions around the nation find the right doctor by being the first person to share your experience.
Are you Dr. Carter?
Get started today!

Compare Dr. Carter

Dr. Carter's Care Philosophy

Dr. Carter's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

Dr. Carter does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Carter and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

Southern Illinois University School Of Medicine

Graduated in 2003

Duke University Medical Center

Completed in 2006

• Vietnamese

Dr. Carter does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Carter and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Carter does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Carter and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.