Dr. Maxwell Thomas, MD

Practices Orthopedic Surgery

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 4.5 after 65 reviews.
Author:
Dr. Thomas takes the time to listen and recommend options for dealing with, in my case, swollen knee problems. When I had surgery for this, he again listened and felt comfortable enough not recommending PT because I am so active - surgery was very easy and comfortable with no pain meds. Best Ortho I've ever had!
Author:
Replaced both my hips and after a freak accident repaired my broken femur with a plate,screws and wires! Spends time going over procedures and recoveries , his PA Laura is excellent and very knowledgeable .Dr Maxwell saved my leg allowing a return to a normal life!
Author:
Dr. Thomas replaced my rt hip 6 wks ago. From the 1st ofc visit I was convinced that I was in the best possible hands available. Complete excellence. Thank you so much Dr. Thomas.
Author:
I cannot thank him enough for the work he did on my shoulder (Replacement, left) I am not one that uses much pain killer and true to form he did such a good job on my shoulder that I only used the pain killer twice after the surgery. After that I had to take a couple of tylenol the second day after surgery.. I would highly recommend Dr. Thomas to all my friends and associates.
Author:
I had a left total hip replacement done Sept. 21st..Dr. Thomas did the anterior approach.Dr. Thomas and his staff are the best. I highly recommend him. My recovery time was very good..
Author:
I had a great experience with my knee replacement, I would highly recommend Dr. Thomas and his staff for knee replacements.
Author:
I had my left hip replacement with Dr. Thomas, who used the anterior approach, just about a month ago. My recovery was night & day from my right hip (done at another practice, posterior/lateral approach) a year ago. After this surgery, it was so much easier to strengthen & regain my flexibility. My "feeling back to normal" took about 3 weeks, compared to 2 1/2 months. Dr. Thomas and his team are the best!!
Author:
I am very happy I was under Dr. Thomas' care. He replaced a total right shoulder for me that was giving me many problems. His bedside manners are unmatchable. He is willing to spend time with you pre-and post-op with very clear explanations. Thank you Dr. Max and staff!
Author:
This Doctor is the one you should go with. I have gotten a ton of compliments on the scar and I have a big knee. Things went off without a hitch and I couldn't be happier. I barely needed medication for the pain afterwards. You can stop looking, NOW. .
Author:
The surgery from Dr. Thomas turned out to be a success. My recovery was fast, ditching my walker 6 days after surgery. My range of motion is great and I can feel the entire top of my leg including the incision.
Author:
Dr Thomas Takes time to listen and is caring. The staff as well works very well with questions and billing issues. His assistant Laura also takes time for her patience. I would highly recommend Dr Thomas and the facility.
Author:
Everyone that works here has a 10 rating on care and caring for the patient they are in the team environment all the time, thank you all
Author:
Dr Thomas was good at explaining my surgery and recovery. We spoke about updating the web page with more up to date procedures for hip replacement. I never felt rushed to get out of his office. And dr Thomas always made sure we had all our questions answered.
Author:
From beginning to end honesty, integrity, and my well being was always number 1. He has taken care of my family all the way back to my wife's Grandmother. He's the best and the Bomb digdity that's per my wife.
Author:
I had a hip replacement and knee replacement with Dr. Thomas. Dr. Thomas is an excellent and skilled orthopedic surgeon. After recovering from my surgeries, I have no pain and I am able to participate in all of the physical activities that I enjoy. I highly recommend Dr. Thomas.
Author:
I HAVE BEEN A PATIENT OF DR THOMAS SINCE 2015. I HAD MY RIGHT HIP REPLACED IN 2015 AND I RETURNED TO WORK AFTER 7 WEEKS ! I AM A NURSE,SO YOU CAN IMAGINE WHAT A THRILL IT WAS TO BE ABLE TO PROVIDE CARE AGAIN WITHOUT PAIN. HE USED A NEWER APPROACH,ANTERIOR TOTAL HIP FOR MY JOINT REPLACEMENT. I AM STILL DOING VERY WELL. I WILL NEED A TOTAL KNEE REPLACEMENT IN THE FUTURE AND WILL WITHOUT HESITATION HAVE DR THOMAS PERFORM MY SURGERY. HIS TEAM ARE WONDERFUL,CARING AND KIND.
Author:
I AM VERY SCARED OF DOCTORS, DR. THOMAS AND HIS STAFF MADE ME FEEL VERY COMFORTABLE THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE EXPERIENCE.
Author:
I would whole heartedly recommend Dr. Thomas to my personal friends and family members.
Author:
Another excellent experience and outcome with my 2nd hip surgery!
Author:
My surgery was a piece of cake......l'm so glad I had dr. Thomas for my surgery.....he's great
Author:
Great experience through 2 surgeries! I have already recommended Dr. Thomas to my mother and sister- now they are also his patients.
Author:
Dr Thomas treated my AC separation and completely cured my pain! He is attentive, professional and very knowledgeable. Also, when my daughter fell out of a tree and broke her elbow, he fixed her up too. He is our family orthopedics surgeon!
Author:
Great Doctor!! Really helped me feel better!
Elliott
Author:
Dr. Thomas has always been a fantastic doctor for me. He always listens and is empatetic to my needs. He has performed three surgeries on me with excellent results. I have and will continue to recommend him to anyone.
Author:
Dr. Thomas is very thorough and caring. I will always recomend max!
Author:
I would highly recommend Dr. Thomas to any of family friends for treatment. I was treated with the utmost professionalism, courtesy and respect by Dr. Thomas and his staff.
Author:
Dr. Thomas spent the time to help me understand my condition and treatment options. I have been extremely happy with the care I received from Dr. Thomas and his staff.
Author:
knowledgeable, helpful, skillful, superb inter personal skills, great outmode from total hip replacement surgery
Author:
Knowledgeable and reassuring in his manner. Obviously skilled since the hip replacement he performed on my husband was 100 percent successful.
Awesome results
Author:
Very impressed with Dr. Thomas and his pragmatic approach to address my hip issue. He's thorough and easy to talk to and provides a full explanation of the issue and course of action.
Author:
Dr. Thomas replaced both of my knees. Within six weeks of each surgery I was doing everything. I thank him and his excellent staff for everything they did.
Author:
Dr. Thomas did an excellent job on my hip replacement. His office staff is first class. A well run organization that cares about the patients. Love Dr. Thomas' sense of humor. Will recommend him to anyone that needs orthopedic surgery.
Author:
Professional, caring, factual. Set expectations for the hip replacement both pre and post op The attention and communication were the best. I felt confident after meeting Dr Thomas that he and his team could give me my active life back. I was not disappointed. After 11 weeks I have resumed to full activities, golf, walking, biking, swimming, and it even lowered my golf handicap by two strokes Im a big fan of Dr Thomas, his team at Ortho Arizona and Arizona Spine and Joint Hospital
Author:
Dr. Thomas was very good at explaining the procedure and listening to my concerns. It has been 5 weeks and I am pain free.
Author:
Dr. Thomas performed my right hip replacement in Summer 2016 using the advanced anterior incision method. Everything went even better than I could have expected. Five weeks later my incision is still healing but my new hip is great! Dr. Thomas spent considerable time answering all my questions before and after the surgery. I was also very impressed with his staff. I have no hesitation recommending Dr. Maxwell Thomas; I encourage everyone needing orthopedic surgery to check him out first.
Author:
I had total hip replacement on June 22nd 2016. Second week I was walking without a cane or walker. After 3 weeks the incision looks great and I feel like I could do so much more than before surgery. Because I feel so good I have to make sure not to over due it. I had three consultations with different doctors and Dr. Thomas by far was the most personable, knowledgeable, and thorough. He took time to answer all my questions. He also has a great staff. I would highly recommend him.
Author:
I had a hip replacement on may 3rd 2016. Today is May 19 2016 and I am up moving around, walking and have no pain that i had so bad before from the arthritis in my hip. Dr Thomas is my hero!!! They are caring, polite and helpful from the front desk to check out. He takes the time you need with him at every visit. His staff are amazing! I have and will continue to tell everyone about Mendoza Ortho! I cannot thank them enough! If you are looking for a Ortho Dr. Look no further than Dr. Thomas!
Author:
Dr Thomas took the time to examine my knee thoroughly and performed an arthroscopy knee scope and discovered some serious cartilage lesions on my femur. He then performed an OATS procedure and my knee is healing well. Dr Thomas kept looking where other physicians stopped short and resigned my barely 30 year old knee as a total loss. Thank you Dr Thomas!
Author:
Dr. Thomas did both my hips. The operations gave me back my life, eliminated my hip pain, and allowed my to walk and do thing again. Thank You Dr. Thomas you're wonderful.