Dr. Maxwell Thomas, MD

Dr. Maxwell Thomas, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |

Dr. Maxwell Thomas, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Gilbert, AZ. He is 53 years old and has been practicing for 24 years. Dr. Thomas is affiliated with Phoenix Children's Hospital, Dignity Health - Chandler Regional Medical Center and Dignity Health - Mercy Gilbert Medical Center.

OrthoArizona - Mezona Division

1760 E Pecos Rd Ste 207

Gilbert, AZ 85295

• AARP
  • Accountable Health Plans of America
  • Arizona Medical Network
  • Arizona PHCS
  • AZ Benefit Options
  • AZ Foundation Medical Care (AZFMC)
  • Bankers Life and Casualty
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Benesight
  • CNA

Learn about Dr. Thomas

Providing comprehensive orthopedic care of the highest quality to our community with exceptional compassion.

Video

Dr. Thomas' Experience

Dr. Thomas' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

• Neuroplasty
  • Partial Shoulder Replacement
  • Pelvic Surgery
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Reverse Total Shoulder and Total Shoulder Replacement
  • Shoulder Surgery
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Wrist Replacement

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• University of Arizona
    Medical School | Graduated 1993
  • University Az Health Science Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1994
  • University of Arizona
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1998

Dr. Thomas has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Thomas does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Thomas and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dignity Health - Chandler Regional Medical Center

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
America's 50 Best Hospitals Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Thomas is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Thomas' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Thomas to family and friends
Dr. Thomas' Performance
in Florence AZ |
I had a great experience with my knee replacement, I would highly recommend Dr. Thomas and his staff for knee replacements.
in Gilbert, AZ |
I had my left hip replacement with Dr. Thomas, who used the anterior approach, just about a month ago. My recovery was night & day from my right hip (done at another practice, posterior/lateral approach) a year ago. After this surgery, it was so much easier to strengthen & regain my flexibility. My "feeling back to normal" took about 3 weeks, compared to 2 1/2 months. Dr. Thomas and his team are the best!!
in Casa Grandr, AZ |
I am very happy I was under Dr. Thomas' care. He replaced a total right shoulder for me that was giving me many problems. His bedside manners are unmatchable. He is willing to spend time with you pre-and post-op with very clear explanations. Thank you Dr. Max and staff!
in Mesa, AZ |
This Doctor is the one you should go with. I have gotten a ton of compliments on the scar and I have a big knee. Things went off without a hitch and I couldn't be happier. I barely needed medication for the pain afterwards. You can stop looking, NOW. .
Gilbert, AZ |
The surgery from Dr. Thomas turned out to be a success. My recovery was fast, ditching my walker 6 days after surgery. My range of motion is great and I can feel the entire top of my leg including the incision.
in Mesa az |
Dr Thomas Takes time to listen and is caring. The staff as well works very well with questions and billing issues. His assistant Laura also takes time for her patience. I would highly recommend Dr Thomas and the facility.
in Andalusia il |
Everyone that works here has a 10 rating on care and caring for the patient they are in the team environment all the time, thank you all
in Gilbert, AZ |
Dr Thomas was good at explaining my surgery and recovery. We spoke about updating the web page with more up to date procedures for hip replacement. I never felt rushed to get out of his office. And dr Thomas always made sure we had all our questions answered.
in Chandler,AZ |
From beginning to end honesty, integrity, and my well being was always number 1. He has taken care of my family all the way back to my wife's Grandmother. He's the best and the Bomb digdity that's per my wife.
in Mesa, AZ |
I had a hip replacement and knee replacement with Dr. Thomas. Dr. Thomas is an excellent and skilled orthopedic surgeon. After recovering from my surgeries, I have no pain and I am able to participate in all of the physical activities that I enjoy. I highly recommend Dr. Thomas.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I HAVE BEEN A PATIENT OF DR THOMAS SINCE 2015. I HAD MY RIGHT HIP REPLACED IN 2015 AND I RETURNED TO WORK AFTER 7 WEEKS ! I AM A NURSE,SO YOU CAN IMAGINE WHAT A THRILL IT WAS TO BE ABLE TO PROVIDE CARE AGAIN WITHOUT PAIN. HE USED A NEWER APPROACH,ANTERIOR TOTAL HIP FOR MY JOINT REPLACEMENT. I AM STILL DOING VERY WELL. I WILL NEED A TOTAL KNEE REPLACEMENT IN THE FUTURE AND WILL WITHOUT HESITATION HAVE DR THOMAS PERFORM MY SURGERY. HIS TEAM ARE WONDERFUL,CARING AND KIND.
in Chandler, AZ |
I AM VERY SCARED OF DOCTORS, DR. THOMAS AND HIS STAFF MADE ME FEEL VERY COMFORTABLE THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE EXPERIENCE.
in Chandler, AZ |
I would whole heartedly recommend Dr. Thomas to my personal friends and family members.
in Gilbert, AZ |
Another excellent experience and outcome with my 2nd hip surgery!
in Gilbert, AZ |
My surgery was a piece of cake......l'm so glad I had dr. Thomas for my surgery.....he's great
in Gilbert, AZ |
Great experience through 2 surgeries! I have already recommended Dr. Thomas to my mother and sister- now they are also his patients.
Chandler, AZ |
Dr Thomas treated my AC separation and completely cured my pain! He is attentive, professional and very knowledgeable. Also, when my daughter fell out of a tree and broke her elbow, he fixed her up too. He is our family orthopedics surgeon!
Gilbert, AZ |
Great Doctor!! Really helped me feel better!
Elliott
in Mesa, az |
Dr. Thomas has always been a fantastic doctor for me. He always listens and is empatetic to my needs. He has performed three surgeries on me with excellent results. I have and will continue to recommend him to anyone.
in Gilbert, AZ |
Dr. Thomas is very thorough and caring. I will always recomend max!
Phoenix, AZ |
I would highly recommend Dr. Thomas to any of family friends for treatment. I was treated with the utmost professionalism, courtesy and respect by Dr. Thomas and his staff.
Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Thomas spent the time to help me understand my condition and treatment options. I have been extremely happy with the care I received from Dr. Thomas and his staff.
in Phoenix, AZ |
knowledgeable, helpful, skillful, superb inter personal skills, great outmode from total hip replacement surgery
in Phoenix, AZ |
Knowledgeable and reassuring in his manner. Obviously skilled since the hip replacement he performed on my husband was 100 percent successful.
Awesome results
Queen Creek, AZ |
Very impressed with Dr. Thomas and his pragmatic approach to address my hip issue. He's thorough and easy to talk to and provides a full explanation of the issue and course of action.
in Florence, Az |
Dr. Thomas replaced both of my knees. Within six weeks of each surgery I was doing everything. I thank him and his excellent staff for everything they did.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Thomas did an excellent job on my hip replacement. His office staff is first class. A well run organization that cares about the patients. Love Dr. Thomas' sense of humor. Will recommend him to anyone that needs orthopedic surgery.
in Chandler, AZ |
Professional, caring, factual. Set expectations for the hip replacement both pre and post op The attention and communication were the best. I felt confident after meeting Dr Thomas that he and his team could give me my active life back. I was not disappointed. After 11 weeks I have resumed to full activities, golf, walking, biking, swimming, and it even lowered my golf handicap by two strokes Im a big fan of Dr Thomas, his team at Ortho Arizona and Arizona Spine and Joint Hospital
in Gilbert, AZ |
Dr. Thomas was very good at explaining the procedure and listening to my concerns. It has been 5 weeks and I am pain free.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Thomas performed my right hip replacement in Summer 2016 using the advanced anterior incision method. Everything went even better than I could have expected. Five weeks later my incision is still healing but my new hip is great! Dr. Thomas spent considerable time answering all my questions before and after the surgery. I was also very impressed with his staff. I have no hesitation recommending Dr. Maxwell Thomas; I encourage everyone needing orthopedic surgery to check him out first.
in Gilbert, AZ |
I had total hip replacement on June 22nd 2016. Second week I was walking without a cane or walker. After 3 weeks the incision looks great and I feel like I could do so much more than before surgery. Because I feel so good I have to make sure not to over due it. I had three consultations with different doctors and Dr. Thomas by far was the most personable, knowledgeable, and thorough. He took time to answer all my questions. He also has a great staff. I would highly recommend him.
in Mesa, AZ |
I had a hip replacement on may 3rd 2016. Today is May 19 2016 and I am up moving around, walking and have no pain that i had so bad before from the arthritis in my hip. Dr Thomas is my hero!!! They are caring, polite and helpful from the front desk to check out. He takes the time you need with him at every visit. His staff are amazing! I have and will continue to tell everyone about Mendoza Ortho! I cannot thank them enough! If you are looking for a Ortho Dr. Look no further than Dr. Thomas!
in Gilbert, AZ |
Dr Thomas took the time to examine my knee thoroughly and performed an arthroscopy knee scope and discovered some serious cartilage lesions on my femur. He then performed an OATS procedure and my knee is healing well. Dr Thomas kept looking where other physicians stopped short and resigned my barely 30 year old knee as a total loss. Thank you Dr Thomas!
in Queen Creek, AZ |
Dr. Thomas did both my hips. The operations gave me back my life, eliminated my hip pain, and allowed my to walk and do thing again. Thank You Dr. Thomas you're wonderful.
Have you seen Dr. Maxwell Thomas, MD?
Are you Dr. Thomas?

Aetna PPO
  • Arizona Medical Network
  • Arizona PHCS
  • AZ Benefit Options
  • AZ Foundation Medical Care (AZFMC)
    AZ Foundation Medical Care (AZFMC) EPO
    AZ Foundation Medical Care (AZFMC) PPO
  • Bankers Life and Casualty
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Benesight
    Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
    Blue Cross Blue Shield POS
    Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
    Cigna POS
    Great West Healthcare-Cigna
  • CNA
  • Compassionate Care Network (CCN)
  • CopperPoint Mutual

Gilbert, AZ 85297
Phoenix Children's Hospital
1919 E Thomas Rd
Phoenix, AZ 85016

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Thomas at OrthoArizona - Mezona Division

Dr. Dwight Keller, MD