Dr. Max Rattes, MD

Dr. Max Rattes, MD

Cardiology | Male

Dr. Max Rattes, MD is a cardiology doctor who practices in Tampa, FL. He is 60 years old and has been practicing for 37 years.

Dr. Rattes' Experience

See how Dr. Rattes' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Rattes

Dr. Rattes accepts 10 insurance carriers

Dr. Rattes' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rattes to family and friends
    Dr. Rattes' Performance
    in Lithia, FL |
    It was a pleasure being a patient of Dr. Rattes and his staff. He was very thorough, took his time with me and I did not feel rushed through each appointment. I would definitely recommend him as a cardiologist to anyone seeking a fine physician.
    in Brandon, FL |
    Very through and caring Doctor and his PA Toni is just as good. They make a great team. Both take time to talk with you and understand your concerns and issues, very through with tests and then take more time to explain results and options. Always ask if you have any questions for him. Follows you to be sure nothing changes. You have to arrive a little early to check in but mostly very close to schedule. Well worth the trip!
    Wimauma, fl |
    Excellent doctor and very thorough. Explains guestions indetail.
    in Tampa, FL |
    He is the most caring doctor I have ever had. He always takes the time to sit and discuss any issues that I am concerned about; I never feel rushed like he is trying to get to the next appointment. Always a very pleasant experience!
    Valrico, FL |
    Dr. Rattes is an excellent cardiologist. He is very caring and take the time necessary to try to understand your situation.
    Land O Lakes, FL |
    Dr. Rattes really cares for and about his patients and goes miles above and beyond for them. He spends time with them to explain and teach, ensuring that they know what the diagnosis is, what it means and how to take care of it. He provides an excellent exam and makes sure all appropriate testing is done so the patient has the best outcome. He is a rare find!
    in Lithia, FL |
    Dr Rattes is a very kind through doctor. He takes the time to explain reports and test results and compares to previous results and makes suggestions on how to improve my overall health. He has a great "bedside" manner and my wife and I are very happy and confident with his care.
    Brandon, FL |
    Dr. Rattes was fine, but when he moved his office to TGH, he didn't bother to let me know. I went to my appointment last fall and the office in Riverview was closed.
    in Valrico, FL |
    Dr, Rattes became my new cardiologist and I had been having shortness of breath when walking up stairs. He immediately sent me to the Plant City Emergency to have a Ct Scan of my lungs to look for a blood clot, which was clear. He then did a Echo and a Nuclear Stress Test which were also normal. He has continued to send me to specialists to have additional tests. I feel that his detailed concerns have allowed me to relax and not worry as much about my heart because he chose to be through.
    Answers all your questions thoroughly. Very smart and practical. Trustworthy
    in Riverview, FL |
    Excellent Doctor with great knowledge, compassion and communication.
    in Plant City, FL |
    Very thorough and provided detailed and informative explanations. Analysis resulted in finding a heart problem and subsequent fix that saved my heart.
    in Valrico, FL |
    My experiece was excellent. One thing I was very satisfied with is Dr Rattes attention. When I saw him he never seemed rushed to get me out of the exam room. He was always attentive and he listened and answered my questions. Knowledgeable in his specialty.
    in Riverview, FL |
    Dr. Rattes takes as much time as you need to explain and answer any/all of your questions. He is very thorough and detailed with researching symptoms, ordering tests based on the symptoms until the correct diagnosis is reached. Best specialist I've seen in years. Kudos to him and his entire staff!!
    in Valrico, FL |
    I moved to Florida from Upstate NY two years ago and was very nervous about finding just the right cardiologists for my hear problems. After my first appointment, I knew Dr. Rattes was the doctor for me. Dr. Rattes is extremely thorough. He coordinates and works with my other doctors to ensure that everybody is on the same page. I highly recommend Dr. Rattes!
    in Plant City, FL |
    I am moving and this means I will no longer be able to keep Dr. Rattes as my cardiologists. Over the past ten or so years, Dr. Rattes and his staff have provided exceptional care and I am very doubtful I will find another cardiologists who can provide the level of care, compassion, and knowledge as Dr. Rattes and his well trained and personable staff. Succinctly, I highly recommend Dr. Rattes.
    in Brandon, FL |
    Dr Rattes is caring and compassionate..
    in Riverview, FL |
    Dr. Rattes is extremely knowledgeable, a people person, and friendly. I never felt rushed.
    in Riverview, FL |
    Dr. Rattes was extremely thorough and professional; I left feeling confident that he would solve my medical issue. The staff treated me well, getting me in on time. Dr. Rattes more than made up for the long wait on my first visit.
    in Brandon, FL |
    Dr. Rattes is extremely thorough and to the point. I've seen him for several years and very happy I did. He is so knowledgeable and understands all my concerns. Wouldn't go anywhere else. The staff is great as well. Thanks.
    in Plant City, FL |
    Very friendly and a good listener
    in Valrico, FL |
    I have been a patient for 12 years, and am satisfied with my care from Dr. Rattes, and his staff.
    in Dover, FL |
    As always he is always very professional and friendly with me.
    in Lithia, FL |
    I feel like Dr. Rattes has had a very positive impact on my heart health. I have been his patient now for several years. He is very proactive and seems to be very concerned for his patients' well being. He is directly and personally involved in my health care, and he spends as much time as it takes to fully answer my questions or to make sure I understand my situation every time I see him. He's a great Doctor.
    Dr Rattes is very thorough, detailed & caring. Shows he really cares!
    in Plant City, FL |
    Excellent service, easy to contact, and very thorough.
    in Plant City, FL |
    Dr Rattes is an excellent cardiologist. He is very thorough in his examination. Of all the doctors I have dealt with over the years, I rank him as one of the best.
    in Apollo Beach, FL |
    Whenever I am with Dr. Rattes, he takes the time to explain medical terms, test results and medications in very basic terms that I am able to understand.
    in Plant City, FL |
    Dr Rattes is genuinely concerned. He is candid, very frank and explains the consequences of deviation from recommended treatment, course of action. I fully trust this man, in words and deeds.
    in Plant City, FL |
    Dr Rattes is very tentative to patients needs. Very caring and eager to make sure all procedures are scheduled in a timely manner. Extremely dedicated to making sure his patients are given the highest quality of care.
    in Riverview, FL |
    Dr. Rattes is very caring and spends time answering questions and explaining results.
    in Seffner Fl |
    Dr. Rates was very thorough and informative. I feel very comfortable having him as my cardiologist. Very professional. All of the staff seems very curtious, concerned, and friendly. With the exception of the office manager. While I was getting my stress test shirt up to my neck, my breast exposed,opened the door without knocking to ask the nurses if they were done. Mind you she continues to hold it open. When confronted she said she didn't know there was a patient in there. REALLY? I'm exposed!
    in Riverview, FL |
    My experience with Dr. Rattes can be rated excellent plus in every way. I have been a patient of his since I moved here from Pennsylvania late in 2012. Every person on his staff is absolutely superb. In addition to his skill as a cardiologist he is patient with his patients, understanding, genuinely professional, caring ... what else can I say? I ran out of adjectives to express my gratitude for being his patient. - Rev. Donald R. Repsher, Riverview, Florida (retired Presbyterian pastor).
    in Lakeland, FL |
    Dr. Rattes is most knowledgeable, very thorough and always ensures you understand his findings and your condition.
    Plant City, FL |
    Dr. Rattes is very kind and patient. He explains things to where anyone can understand. It was easy to get an appointment when needed.
    Have you seen Dr. Max Rattes, MD?
    Are you Dr. Rattes?

Dr. Rattes' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Cardiology
    •  Board certified in Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine

Dr. Rattes has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Rattes' Board Certifications

• Cardiomegaly
    • Cardiomyopathy
    • Carotid Artery Disease
    • Chest Pain
    • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
    • Congenital Aortic Valve Disorders
    • Congenital Heart Defects
    • Congenital Heart Disease
    • Congestive Heart Failure
    • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
    • Endocarditis
    • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
    • Heart Disease

Completed in 1992

University Wstnn Ontario

Completed in 1986

• Portuguese

Dr. Rattes does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rattes and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Cardiology

• Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
    • Cardiac Electrophysiology
    • Cardiac Imaging
    • Cardiac MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) of Heart or Chest
    • Cardiac Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
    • Cardiovascular Stress Test
    • Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
    • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
    • Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy and Stent