Dr. Max Medary, MD

Dr. Max Medary, MD

NeurosurgeryMaleAge 59

Neurosurgery

Dr. Max Medary, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Orlando, FL. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as UCF Lake Nona Hospital and AdventHealth Celebration. His office accepts new patients.

Office Hours

Greater Orlando Neurosurgery and Spine7340 STONEROCK CIR Orlando, FL 32819
    • Sat: closed

• Friendly StaffPatients said the staff was friendly. See reviews
  • Practices at Top HospitalAmerica's 100 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital SatisfactionPatients said they were highly satisfied at this doctor's hospital. See hospitals

More Neurosurgery Specialists at UCF Lake Nona Hospital

Dr. Medary's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Medary

3.6

ACDF procedure 100% disable veteran.
Dr. Medary is an excellent doctor. I researched neurosurgeons in the Orlando area for the last four years and finally decided to go with Dr. Medary. He is straight to the point. He is not going to tell what you want to hear. He will tell you what really is going on with your situation and provide options. Not a surgery for money doctor. He is meticulous in his approach and very effective in the results. My pain is gone after my ACDF surgery. No complaints here. If you can’t handle the truth don’t go see him. He is a very straight forward doctor. I highly recommend him and trust him with any other need.
Jose J Santiago – Jun 10, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Max Medary, MD?
Very good experience and outcome!!!! Pain is gone!
I never write reviews, but this time I have to after having such a positive outcome, because I can help someone. I had a herniated disc and have been suffering from back pain for at least 10 years Had surgery with Max Medary 6 weeks ago, and since day one after surgery had no pain in my leg As I read on other reviews, he is a straight shooter and tells you exactly what to expect, but that is very good. The first 6 days of recovery are very difficult, the back was swollen, and it was very, very uncomfortable But after that, the recovery was very quick and easy! I felt very supported all along my back journey by Dr Medary, he called me several times after surgery to see how I was doing, and even once when I was concerned my scar was red, he prescribed me antibiotic and he drained the incision immediately that same day If you are having back problems, He is a great doctor!!!!! Mercedes, May 2022
Mercedes – May 25, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Max Medary, MD?
Had à laminectomy done when I really needed a hip replacement When I mentioned that the surgery did nothing to improve my condition I was dismissed and told to have a good life and all I needed was to walk to get better and so I did for the next 3 months walking bone on bone with a lot of pain.I finally went to another doctor who did the hip replacement and I’ve been walking fine afterwards.On my first visit I did have both a hip and back mri but I guess only the back was looked at. The hip surgery was so easy after what I was put through unnecessarily.Get a second opinion.
Noelline Carlin – Apr 02, 2022
Don’t do it
My initial contact with staff was pleasant although while I was waiting in the exam room I listened to a con he was having with his nurse as they laughed at a patient calling with a cervical headache n pain after surgery. I thought we’ll, this is going to be pointless bc I judge the whole office and how they function together to be effective. He comes in room. His arrogance starts to shine when he is saved by a call n his cell phone: he immediately becomes nervous, can’t complete a sentence, was talking about meeting up somewhere on Saturday with the person on the other line to um “you know, um, meet my girlfriend.” I thought” This man is buying recreational drugs”. I’m convinced of it. Offered a M-C6 cervical disc replacement that had been recalled in several other countries. UNBELIEVABLE, but yet it happed December 2021.
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Laura Bardin – Feb 09, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Max Medary, MD?
I love that this guy is a straight shooter and you know what he thinks when you see him. I went in on a Friday and he scheduled me for Surgery on Thursday less than a week later because he knew how much pain I was in just laying there on his chairs. I had a herniated disk on L5 - S1 and he went over the MRI with me and said that microdiscectomy will be the best way to fix this and right after surgery I would feel better right away. He can be sarcastic, but I am too so I really enjoyed talking with him. He doesn’t baby you or hold your hand….like I said a straight shooter, but honestly I like that out of a doctor. Just tell me how it is no sugar coat needed. If I need to be pampered I can go to a massage parlor. He is very knowledgeable and everything he said would happen has happened so far. I am on day 4 of recovery and he even called to check on me at day 2 which I was not expecting. No issues with the staff or doctor at all and they really rushed me in to take care of me asap.
Paul – Dec 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Max Medary, MD?
He was very nice, explained things to me so I could understand.
Aug 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Max Medary, MD?
Yes I would recommend him my appointment was never rushed he explain things thoroughly to me
Marcia Mobley – Jul 31, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Max Medary, MD?
I am so, so very grateful for Dr Medary giving me back my life. I had an L 5 disc that had protruded into S1 and a piece was fractured pressing onto my Sciatic nerve... nerve pain is a game changer. After 6 weeks of this severe discomfort, I was directed to Dr. Medary. Was seen on a Friday and 4 days later in surgery to remove the fracture. Being in the fitness business, my pain prevented me from being of service to others and living my life. My surgery was a success and I am back to doing what I do best! As well, the staff coordinated everything for my surgery and I didn’t have to do anything. Thank you... grateful and feel very blessed ??
Judith Macera – Apr 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Max Medary, MD?
Dr Medary operated on my lower back to relieve extreme pain and numbness caused by spinal stenosis. Prior to surgery i could not walk without pain and stopping every few steps. I was leaning so the pain would not be so severe. Now, after 6 months I have zero pain, can play golf and exercise. with zero pain.
Ken – Apr 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Max Medary, MD?
Unbelievably great, he treated a golf friend of mine successfully. After his successful outcome I finally decided after 4 years and other tried remedies including shots, I found almost instant relief. Still have a ways to go, but current results are amazing. Feeling better alredy. Thanks doc and staff!
JW – Jan 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Max Medary, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr Medary to anyone who is suffering with lower back pain. I suffered for years with lower back and hip pain, going to different doctors and undergoing several treatments. Finally I was referred to Dr Medary, he listened to my complaint and then explained to me how he could help me. I had surgery in October 2020. I cannot put into words how good it feels to be able to walk without pain. Wish I was referred to him years ago.
Gloria Wilson – Dec 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Max Medary, MD?
My experience wasn't good. complacent with his methods, he's not up with new techniques. He flips through your MRI, doesn't explain the procedures well, and barely gives you time to ask questions. In his own words, essentially I shouldn't believe him. The doctor and his staff are very dismissive. Save yourself the aggravation find people who are better and more caring at their jobs.
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Oct 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Max Medary, MD?
Dr. Medary performed a procedure on my lower back and completely removed the pain on my sciatic nerve. Never felt better and my thanks to him and his staff.
Oct 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Max Medary, MD?
The Dr. spent a good amount of time listening and I found him to be quite personable and engaging, contrary to some reviews. I would recommend him to family and friends. Great experience.
Bruce – Sep 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Max Medary, MD?
This is my second spine surgery with Dr Medary Great Nero Surgeon. He explain the procedure very simple and clear for me to understand. He made me feel comfortable before and on the day of surgery. I highly recommend Dr Medary to anyone who is looking for a Skilled, exceptional and professional Nero Surgeon in Central Florida. Thank you Dr Madary for giving me back the quality of life that I deserve.
Lyndsay Howden – Sep 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Max Medary, MD?
I had fusion surgery of the C6/C7 on August 27th 2020. Dr. Medary explained the surgery and it went as planned. I was nervous about spine surgery but the recovery was very easy. I had a sore throat for about a week and my throat was swollen for about the same time. The swelling came down and I have a small scar in the crease of my neck which I think should fade and be unnoticed. Dr. Medary is a direct person and I found his demeanor to be honest and to the point. Everything he said would happen, happened. I would highly recommend his skill set. I have an appointment for my follow up xray in October.
Scott – Sep 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Max Medary, MD?
very bold and supicious for no reason. I did not have a very good experience. He never asked me any decent questions he just assumed. Never in my 80 years have I met a dr that rude.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
Petra Whipple – Aug 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Max Medary, MD?
I am so thankful to you and your staff for enabling my ability to walk normally again, importantly, without pain. This is one of those things you do not really appreciate until it is lost. For just under eight years I had lived with a crippling sharp pain to the right side of my right knee (as if an icepick were jabbed in it), along with lower back pain. During this time, I had to use either a cane or walker to move about. Three Orthopedic Surgeons & two Neurologists, involving a total of seven surgeries, were of no help. Then I was referred to you and you immediately diagnosed my problem and surgically corrected it. I’m am so thankful!
James Verity – Jun 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Max Medary, MD?
Kevin was my fiancé and he had static nerve damage after surgery he was better then before and fast recovery
Kevin P McNamee patient – May 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Max Medary, MD?
Dr. Medary was very patient, and ask all the right questions. After looking for two years for a doctor that would do a non-evasive procedure to release my back pain. Dr Medary was recommended to me. I’m in my seventies, had four major surgeries on my back, that worked for a short time , and then the breathtaking pain would come back. I will always have some pain , but he was able to take away the breathtaking pain. I’m able to return to my gardening, do my everyday routine with out the breathtaking pain. Thank you Dr. Medary
Paul Kucharski – May 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Max Medary, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Medary?