Dr. Max Medary, MD

NeurosurgeryMaleAge 58

Dr. Medary

Greater Orlando Neurosurgery and Spine

7340 STONEROCK CIR Orlando, FL 32819

Dr. Max Medary, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Orlando, FL. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as AdventHealth Celebration and Adventhealth Orlando. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Medary to book an appointment.

Compare Dr. Max Medary, MD with other Neurosurgery Specialists near you

Dr. Medary's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Medary

3.7

Dr. Medary
He was very nice, explained things to me so I could understand.
Aug 11, 2021
Yes I would recommend him my appointment was never rushed he explain things thoroughly to me
Marcia Mobley – Jul 31, 2021
I am so, so very grateful for Dr Medary giving me back my life. I had an L 5 disc that had protruded into S1 and a piece was fractured pressing onto my Sciatic nerve... nerve pain is a game changer. After 6 weeks of this severe discomfort, I was directed to Dr. Medary. Was seen on a Friday and 4 days later in surgery to remove the fracture. Being in the fitness business, my pain prevented me from being of service to others and living my life. My surgery was a success and I am back to doing what I do best! As well, the staff coordinated everything for my surgery and I didn’t have to do anything. Thank you... grateful and feel very blessed ??
Judith Macera – Apr 23, 2021
Dr Medary operated on my lower back to relieve extreme pain and numbness caused by spinal stenosis. Prior to surgery i could not walk without pain and stopping every few steps. I was leaning so the pain would not be so severe. Now, after 6 months I have zero pain, can play golf and exercise. with zero pain.
Ken – Apr 21, 2021
Unbelievably great, he treated a golf friend of mine successfully. After his successful outcome I finally decided after 4 years and other tried remedies including shots, I found almost instant relief. Still have a ways to go, but current results are amazing. Feeling better alredy. Thanks doc and staff!
JW – Jan 06, 2021
I would highly recommend Dr Medary to anyone who is suffering with lower back pain. I suffered for years with lower back and hip pain, going to different doctors and undergoing several treatments. Finally I was referred to Dr Medary, he listened to my complaint and then explained to me how he could help me. I had surgery in October 2020. I cannot put into words how good it feels to be able to walk without pain. Wish I was referred to him years ago.
Gloria Wilson – Dec 21, 2020
My experience wasn't good. complacent with his methods, he's not up with new techniques. He flips through your MRI, doesn't explain the procedures well, and barely gives you time to ask questions. In his own words, essentially I shouldn't believe him. The doctor and his staff are very dismissive. Save yourself the aggravation find people who are better and more caring at their jobs.
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Oct 30, 2020
This is my second spine surgery with Dr Medary Great Nero Surgeon. He explain the procedure very simple and clear for me to understand. He made me feel comfortable before and on the day of surgery. I highly recommend Dr Medary to anyone who is looking for a Skilled, exceptional and professional Nero Surgeon in Central Florida. Thank you Dr Madary for giving me back the quality of life that I deserve.
Lyndsay Howden – Sep 14, 2020
I had fusion surgery of the C6/C7 on August 27th 2020. Dr. Medary explained the surgery and it went as planned. I was nervous about spine surgery but the recovery was very easy. I had a sore throat for about a week and my throat was swollen for about the same time. The swelling came down and I have a small scar in the crease of my neck which I think should fade and be unnoticed. Dr. Medary is a direct person and I found his demeanor to be honest and to the point. Everything he said would happen, happened. I would highly recommend his skill set. I have an appointment for my follow up xray in October.
Scott – Sep 11, 2020
very bold and supicious for no reason. I did not have a very good experience. He never asked me any decent questions he just assumed. Never in my 80 years have I met a dr that rude.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
Petra Whipple – Aug 10, 2020
I am so thankful to you and your staff for enabling my ability to walk normally again, importantly, without pain. This is one of those things you do not really appreciate until it is lost. For just under eight years I had lived with a crippling sharp pain to the right side of my right knee (as if an icepick were jabbed in it), along with lower back pain. During this time, I had to use either a cane or walker to move about. Three Orthopedic Surgeons & two Neurologists, involving a total of seven surgeries, were of no help. Then I was referred to you and you immediately diagnosed my problem and surgically corrected it. I’m am so thankful!
James Verity – Jun 30, 2020
Kevin was my fiancé and he had static nerve damage after surgery he was better then before and fast recovery
Kevin P McNamee patient – May 13, 2020
Dr. Medary was very patient, and ask all the right questions. After looking for two years for a doctor that would do a non-evasive procedure to release my back pain. Dr Medary was recommended to me. I’m in my seventies, had four major surgeries on my back, that worked for a short time , and then the breathtaking pain would come back. I will always have some pain , but he was able to take away the breathtaking pain. I’m able to return to my gardening, do my everyday routine with out the breathtaking pain. Thank you Dr. Medary
Paul Kucharski – May 04, 2020
No nonses kind of a fellow! I love his straight forward kendore. Remionds me of House on TV. GREAT on Time Visit
Waldemar Metel – Apr 22, 2020
He is the best neurosurgeon around. He’s kind he’s caring and he knows What he is doing! I’ve had to use him twice, I would never go anywhere else
Patricia Reilly – Feb 18, 2020
I expected Dr. Medary to be "matter of fact" and abrupt because friends had warned me of his demeanor. I have no problem with doctors being direct and truthful. HOWEVER, no patient should feel disrespected or be spoken to in a condescending manner. He was rude and sarcastic when answering my questions. I wonder how he would have behaved had he been able to perform surgery on me and therefore receive a hefty fee. He may be a very competent surgeon, but he does not exhibit the qualities of kindness and empathy. Is that asking too much? I think not.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Pamela Parsons – Sep 09, 2019
I called Dr. Madery’s office & was given an appointment within a week. I had been diagnosed with spinal stenosis & injections, etc did not give me relief for any length of time. Office was fairly busy but i was checked in quickly by office staff & after a very short wait, I was shown to an examination room. Dr. Madery came in shortly thereafter. I found Dr. Madery to be personable & easy to talk to. He took the time to go over my MRI with me & gave me his evaluation, answered any & all questions that I had. After our discussion, he scheduled me for surgery within two weeks. I had been in considerable pain for quite a while prior to surgery. Post surgery, I could tell an immediate difference. It has been three months since my back surgery & I continue to be pain free. I highly recommend Dr. Madery to anyone with back issues. My only regret is that I did not find out about Dr. Madery sooner. Thanks much, Max.
Joe Russell – Jun 14, 2019
Dr. Medary performed surgery on me 18 years ago. The only thing it did for me was to make matters worst. I ended up on disability for 6 years trying to recover from his chop job of a surgery he talked me into. When I complained of continuing pain and loss of function he told me to stop being a baby and get out of the wheel chair. I agree with everyone that states that he is condesending, arrogent and has a "God complex". That's to say the least. I would never recommed him to anyone! If I could give him no stars I would!
May 10, 2019
Dr. Medary gave me my life back as a result of his surgery to remedy my L4-5 disc hernation. I am a competitive ballroom dancer and as a result of his surgery, I was able to win a national championship in American Rhythm for Senior IV Adults (dancers in their 60's.) To me, Dr. Medary is a miracle worker. Before surgery I couldn't walk without pain. I am totally pain free now and stronger than I have been since my 20's. I am forever in his debt, forever.
Mar 22, 2019
Dr medary was referred to us by my family primary dr for treatment of a MRI that showed a tumor in my brain. He was very serious and said he would take care of me. He scheduled surgery right away on tuesday. The tumor was found to be glioblastoma grade 4. His attention to me and my family since surgery has been warm and caring and very professional. If the glioblastoma returns I would not hesitate to use him again with out question. AND we were self pay so we could choose any dr.
Dan v. in Winter garden, FL – Jan 26, 2019

How was your experience with Dr. Medary?

• Neurosurgery