Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD

GynecologyFemaleAge 59

Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD is a Gynecology Specialist in Greenacres, FL. She is affiliated with medical facilities such as Good Samaritan Medical Center and Jfk Medical Center. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Whelihan to book an appointment.

Dr. Whelihan

Elite Gyn Care of the Palm Beaches LLC

6801 Lake Worth Rd Ste 100w Greenacres, FL 33467

Compare with other Gynecology Specialists

Compare Dr. Whelihan with our nearby Gynecology Specialists at JFK Medical Center North Campus.

Make an appointment at JFK Medical Center North Campus today at (561) 220-9690.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of JFK Medical Center North Campus.

Dr. Whelihan's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Whelihan

3.4

3.508771929824561%
3.508771929824561%

Dr. Whelihan?
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (33)
  • Explained conditions well (33)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (32)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (19)
  • Appointment was rushed (17)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (17)
I went in and was very disappointed by her demeanor and attitude toward me. I was there to get a second opinion after a surgery that went wrong in the past and she basically told me that I'm fine and that I'm just having anxiety and that my surgery was all good. I told her that the dr who did my surgery was ONLY supposed to burn a cyst on my ovary but when I woke up from an outpatient center, he had taken my ovary and both my fallopian tubes without consenting with me or my husband who was sitting in the waiting room the whole time. She said that it is no big deal because I already have 3 kids and when I told her I developed MRSA from the surgery and felt very ill and a lot of pain, she told me it was just anxiety and I was painting this whole picture/story in my head. She never checked the records from the dr who did the surgery and never checked me over. SHE IS AWFUL!!!
Ashley C – Feb 19, 2021
Second opinions can be challenging since we know...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
Excellent experienced physician. Knowledgeable, caring, respectful, patient and makes you feel comfortable in her office. Thank you Dr. Whelihan!
Sabina Ciszewski – Dec 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
Please choose another doctor if you are a plus size, or a larger bodied woman. Maureen is quite possibly the most unprofessional doctor I’ve had regarding weight loss. When I visited I was already dieting, and had positive results, and had visited the office for an unrelated issue. Maureen came into the room and immediately started grilling me about my diet, she didn’t believe me that I was dieting already. Then she pulled me into another part of the office and proceeded to show me HER OWN PERSONAL WEIGHT LOSS PICTURES. Like revealing pictures of her OWN BODY - in a sports bra and leggings, showing her before and after weight loss. She also told me “never eat a salad larger than a tea plate...” strange advice. She offered to prescribe me diet pills, and barely talked about what I came in to see her about. Maureen is wildly unprofessional in this regard. Needless to say - I refused to go back to her office.
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jul 21, 2020
In women's health there is no topic more...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
Dr. Whelihan visits are BRIEF; as were her responses to my concerns. I went in for a wellness check, but, she did not check my breasts. (My Mother had breast cancer) Furthermore, I need a 3D mammogram which was written inaccurately. (3D helps to see through dense breast tissue.) She was so rushed she didn't LISTEN to what I was saying and offered to increase a medication; not related to gynechology. I had withdrew from this medication and did NOT want a refill. I went to my pharmacy and she had prescribed Progesterone for me. NEVER was this medication discussed or explained to me in my office visit. When I questioned her nurse about this medication; the nurse could not find an explanation for this prescription, and recommended I come in for another appointment. I have since found 2 other patients whose gynechological health she has DESTROYED. Please do not go to her; her license needs to be revoked. Nasty, nasty staff except for that one kind nurse.
May 08, 2020
Sorry we did not meet your expectations. The...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
The last couple of times I have seen Dr. Whelihan she has been extremely inconsiderate about my pain. First of all, pain is SUBJECTIVE. I am a registered nurse and you are supposed to believe the pain level your patient says. I came in with a 6/10 vaginal pain level and she said that my pain was nothing in comparison to childbirth, that essentially I was being too sensitive, and that how was I supposed to make it through childbirth if I though what I was feeling was painful. She does not have kids so what would she now about childbirth nor does it make sense to say that.... Let's just compare all sorts of pain women have to childbirth then. I had sensed her insensitivity a while back and have now decided to NEVER see her again. Other people I know have also complained about her insensitivity. Unprofessional staff too: Mary (nurse) always has a miserable attitude and the new "secretary" whom is Dr. Whelihan's sister, is totally incompetent as a secretary.
Lilah – Mar 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
Very down to earth and human.
Jane in Palm Springs , FL – Feb 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
Very knowledgeable, and great bedside manners. She speaks fast so, at times, it's hard to process all of the feedback, especially if you suffer from menopausal brain fog.
Claudia – Oct 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
My wife Argentina had a new patient appointment with Dr. Rebecca Canoli at 2pm. and she was there a few minutes early. She came up to the front desk window and was not greeted properly. The front desk lady told her to sign the waiting list without saying anything else, turning her back to work on something. My wife sat down and waited, then noticed that another visitor came in after her and sign in. When that second visitor was called first, my wife went to ask about her appointment that was past due time, the front desk lady was rude and lied to her. My wife is used to being treated in a more friendly manner. The front desk staff is not friendly and acts with low integrity. Stay away from this low customer standard office
Oct 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
My appointment was at noon and I was told to arrive 15 minutes early to fill out paperwork. The waiting room was full. I waited a total of 45 minutes and was not called up to be given new patient forms to fill out. I left at that point. One person was waiting 2 hours. The television had non stop infomercials by the doctor on vaginal dryness, erectile dysfunction, incontinence, etc.! It was torture. Unbearable.
Apr 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
She listens and does not rush you out. Very knowledgeable and makes common sense recommendations. She has been my gynecologist for years. I trust her and she has a great sense of humor!!!
Apr 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
Over the years she just has changed. Charged me for a wellness visit I was never told about or asked for I know I am old but feel a lot of patients embarrassed by her sec tv.
Mar 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
Dr whelihan is one of the top gynecologists who have cared for me. I have had to shop around due to lack of quality practitioners in palm beach county and she is one I will continue to go to. Shes respectful of your time, makes it easy to communicate with her and is on time. She is responsive to any questions or problems you are facing. I wish there were more gynecologists like her.
Sep 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
Having worked with most all the GYN physicians in the area, I chose Dr. Whelihan as my personal GYN physician. She is very knowledgeable, helpful, caring, respectful ,experienced and spot on with diagnostics. Wait time may be longer than expected but seeing her is worth the time. She comes right to the point with patients. Her treatments are exact and excellent.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Sally in ROYAL PALM BEACH – Apr 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
DO NOT RECOMMEND! I thought I could work through the staff being rude but what I just experienced was absolutely terrible! I went in for an annual several weeks ago and thought as a new patient I could speak to the doctor openly about any and everything going on with my body. The doctor literally answered my questions while she was doing a pap so no time was taken away from her busy schedule. Well the doctor ended up charging me for an additional visit!!! Unheard of! This is such a scam
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Erica in Loxahatchee, FL – Apr 16, 2018
I make every effort to solve my patient's...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
This office is a joke. I wish I had read the reviews before choosing her. Over 1.5 hour wait for my "appointment". What good is an appointment if they run this far over schedule? I can understand patients are late and a visit could take longer than expected, however, when I asked if this was usual the answer was yes. Unless you are the first appointment of the day (7am) or (2pm) you can expect this ridiculous waiting time.
Jan 26, 2018
We apologize that your experience was less than...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
She is extremely straightforward and personable but her staff is dismissive and unorganized. Waited the first time for 1.5 hours for my appt. Second appt was rushed and prescriptions weren't called in and numerous voicemails were left by me at the office....Frustrating and would not recommend her.
Jupiter, FL – Oct 06, 2017
I apologize that your interaction with my staff...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
Dr Whelihan is a wonderful Doctor so thorough helping with all facets of a womans life. She directed me in the right direction for successful weight loss after 25 years of failure. She refers me to all the doctors i need. She is such an inspiration as a woman. She takes care of all my medical conditions as a woman.
KAREN in West Palm Beach, FL – Aug 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
Dr Whelihan is a true treasure in her field. She always take her time with you, she really listens to your concerns, she is non judgmental.... I moved back to Florida a year ago and I am so unbelievably fortunate to have found her. She is amazing....Carol
Carol Iovino in West Palm Beach, FL – Jun 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
Dr. Whelihan is a true professional who knows her profession inside out. Not only is she down to earth and makes you feel comfortable, but she is a fine example of how a Dr. Should be.
Boynton Beach, FL – Mar 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
Great doctor! Super down to earth, makes you feel comfortable, and is pretty funny! I don't mind going to the gyno anymore. I've recommended her to my family and friends!
Lauren in Lake Worth – Jan 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Whelihan?

Patients are encouraged to learn about wellness and disease prevention to live the best quality of life possible. Open discussion about lifestyle changes...Read more

Dr Whelihan has been practicing in Palm Beach County since 1997.  She practices gynecology and sexual medicine and provides additional services including...Read more

• Gynecology