Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD

GynecologyFemaleAge 60

Gynecology

Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD is a Gynecology Specialist in Greenacres, FL and has over 29 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from University Of South Florida Morsani College Of Medicine Program medical school in 1993. She is affiliated with medical facilities Good Samaritan Medical Center and Wellington Regional Medical Center. Her office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD

Elite Gyn Care of the Palm Beaches LLC

6801 Lake Worth Rd Ste 100w Greenacres, FL 33467
Telehealth services available
Telehealth services available

Compare with other Gynecology Specialists

Compare Dr. Whelihan with our nearby Gynecology Specialists at HCA Florida JFK North Hospital, A part of HCA Florida JFK Hospital.

Make an appointment at HCA Florida JFK North Hospital, A part of HCA Florida JFK Hospital today at (561) 220-9690.

These providers are on the medical staff of HCA Florida JFK North Hospital, A part of HCA Florida JFK Hospital.

Dr. Whelihan's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Whelihan

3.6

Dr. Whelihan

Can't say enough about Dr. Whelihan & her staff!
LOVE Dr. Whelihan! The staff is professional, courteous & helpful. Minimal wait time. THE BEST OB/GYN care in the Palm Beaches!
Michele – Apr 22, 2022
Great doctor
She takes the time to listen and cares about you
gs – Mar 25, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
I'm an established patient. I called because imaging from another doctor showed some OB/gyn related abnormalities and Dr. Wheelihan was able to see me that same morning. She was able to put my mind at ease - not as drastic as the radiology report made it sound - but she did send samples for screening just to be safe. I love her bedside manner - she's warm and friendly but you can also tell she's super sharp and paying attention - I feel confident with her assessment. I have a lot of other complex medical issues and see a lot of docs - I don't always fee that way. Also this office in general is so much better compared to the conglomo baby factory closer to home that I was going to. I've had some pretty terrible OB/gyn experiences over the years and it's refreshing to not leave traumatized… The office staff and nurse are friendly too. Definitely recommend.
Lindsay – Jan 15, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
This was my first visit to Elite GYN Care of the Palm Beaches. I found Dr. Whelihan to be an excellent physician; very knowledgable, caring, concerned and patient. I also enjoyed working with her staff. I am so pleased to have found an excellent gynecologist.
Linda Cohen – Jan 12, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
Dr. Whelihan was So Wonderful!!! She Spent So Much Time With Me Explaining Everything and Answered All My Questions and Concerns!!! By the time I left her office, I was So Impressed…. My script was waiting for me at my drug store!!! I am Extremely Confident With This Doctor!!! In fact, I am going back today for a Test she ordered!!! Thank You Dr. Whelihan!!! The Staff is Wonderful and Courteous Too!!!
Jan 11, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
I struggled with debilitating hot flashes. I went to many gynecologists and holistic doctors, in search of stopping these hot flashes. Tried all sorts of medicines and remedies. Nothing helped. Sometimes they seemed to get worse. I went to Dr. Whelihan because my sister found her and had a great experience. I met with the doctor, explained my issue. During my visit, I had several hot flashes and she saw how awful they were. She gave me a sample of medicine and called a prescription into my pharmacy. With in 3 days I started to feel relief. She has made me whole again. I can’t say enough about the care I received from her. She listened to me. SHE CARES about her patients and it shows. Thank you Dr. Whelihan. I will always be grateful to you. You literally saved me.
Dora – Nov 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
I absolutely love this Doctor. She is to the point, energetic, witty and very knowledgeable. Thanks to her, my menopause symptoms are gone, I can sleep at night and I am myself again. I was shocked to read all the negative reviews and this is why I wanted to share my positive comments. I referred a few of my friends who were also extremely satisfied. I trust her and her staff and I like the fact that she personally answers on her Portal (very very early in the morning) all the questions you may have.
Veronica masson – Aug 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
She makes such an uncomfortable appointment something super comfortable. She’s such a joy to talk to and actually look forward to my visits with her.
Kristie Leigh – Aug 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
I went in and was very disappointed by her demeanor and attitude toward me. I was there to get a second opinion after a surgery that went wrong in the past and she basically told me that I'm fine and that I'm just having anxiety and that my surgery was all good. I told her that the dr who did my surgery was ONLY supposed to burn a cyst on my ovary but when I woke up from an outpatient center, he had taken my ovary and both my fallopian tubes without consenting with me or my husband who was sitting in the waiting room the whole time. She said that it is no big deal because I already have 3 kids and when I told her I developed MRSA from the surgery and felt very ill and a lot of pain, she told me it was just anxiety and I was painting this whole picture/story in my head. She never checked the records from the dr who did the surgery and never checked me over. SHE IS AWFUL!!!
Ashley C – Feb 19, 2021
Second opinions can be challenging since we know...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
Excellent experienced physician. Knowledgeable, caring, respectful, patient and makes you feel comfortable in her office. Thank you Dr. Whelihan!
Sabina Ciszewski – Dec 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
Excellent and astute. Listens acutely, superior diagnostican, efficient, yet compassionate. I’ve known her since 1997 and she stayed with me during a very difficult procedure done by another physician.
Oct 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
Please choose another doctor if you are a plus size, or a larger bodied woman. Maureen is quite possibly the most unprofessional doctor I’ve had regarding weight loss. When I visited I was already dieting, and had positive results, and had visited the office for an unrelated issue. Maureen came into the room and immediately started grilling me about my diet, she didn’t believe me that I was dieting already. Then she pulled me into another part of the office and proceeded to show me HER OWN PERSONAL WEIGHT LOSS PICTURES. Like revealing pictures of her OWN BODY - in a sports bra and leggings, showing her before and after weight loss. She also told me “never eat a salad larger than a tea plate...” strange advice. She offered to prescribe me diet pills, and barely talked about what I came in to see her about. Maureen is wildly unprofessional in this regard. Needless to say - I refused to go back to her office.
Jul 21, 2020
In women's health there is no topic more...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
Dr. Whelihan visits are BRIEF; as were her responses to my concerns. I went in for a wellness check, but, she did not check my breasts. (My Mother had breast cancer) Furthermore, I need a 3D mammogram which was written inaccurately. (3D helps to see through dense breast tissue.) She was so rushed she didn't LISTEN to what I was saying and offered to increase a medication; not related to gynechology. I had withdrew from this medication and did NOT want a refill. I went to my pharmacy and she had prescribed Progesterone for me. NEVER was this medication discussed or explained to me in my office visit. When I questioned her nurse about this medication; the nurse could not find an explanation for this prescription, and recommended I come in for another appointment. I have since found 2 other patients whose gynechological health she has DESTROYED. Please do not go to her; her license needs to be revoked. Nasty, nasty staff except for that one kind nurse.
May 08, 2020
Sorry we did not meet your expectations. The...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
The last couple of times I have seen Dr. Whelihan she has been extremely inconsiderate about my pain. First of all, pain is SUBJECTIVE. I am a registered nurse and you are supposed to believe the pain level your patient says. I came in with a 6/10 vaginal pain level and she said that my pain was nothing in comparison to childbirth, that essentially I was being too sensitive, and that how was I supposed to make it through childbirth if I though what I was feeling was painful. She does not have kids so what would she now about childbirth nor does it make sense to say that.... Let's just compare all sorts of pain women have to childbirth then. I had sensed her insensitivity a while back and have now decided to NEVER see her again. Other people I know have also complained about her insensitivity. Unprofessional staff too: Mary (nurse) always has a miserable attitude and the new "secretary" whom is Dr. Whelihan's sister, is totally incompetent as a secretary.
Lilah – Mar 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
Very down to earth and human.
Jane in Palm Springs , FL – Feb 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
Very knowledgeable, and great bedside manners. She speaks fast so, at times, it's hard to process all of the feedback, especially if you suffer from menopausal brain fog.
Claudia – Oct 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
My wife Argentina had a new patient appointment with Dr. Rebecca Canoli at 2pm. and she was there a few minutes early. She came up to the front desk window and was not greeted properly. The front desk lady told her to sign the waiting list without saying anything else, turning her back to work on something. My wife sat down and waited, then noticed that another visitor came in after her and sign in. When that second visitor was called first, my wife went to ask about her appointment that was past due time, the front desk lady was rude and lied to her. My wife is used to being treated in a more friendly manner. The front desk staff is not friendly and acts with low integrity. Stay away from this low customer standard office
Oct 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
My appointment was at noon and I was told to arrive 15 minutes early to fill out paperwork. The waiting room was full. I waited a total of 45 minutes and was not called up to be given new patient forms to fill out. I left at that point. One person was waiting 2 hours. The television had non stop infomercials by the doctor on vaginal dryness, erectile dysfunction, incontinence, etc.! It was torture. Unbearable.
Apr 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
She listens and does not rush you out. Very knowledgeable and makes common sense recommendations. She has been my gynecologist for years. I trust her and she has a great sense of humor!!!
Apr 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
Over the years she just has changed. Charged me for a wellness visit I was never told about or asked for I know I am old but feel a lot of patients embarrassed by her sec tv.
Mar 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Whelihan?