Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD

Gynecology ·  Female · Age 57

Dr. Whelihan

Elite GYN Care of the Palm Beaches

6801 Lake Worth Rd Ste 100 Greenacres, FL 33467

Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD is a gynecology specialist in Greenacres, FL and has been practicing for 26 years. She graduated from University of South Florida / College of Medicine in 1993 and specializes in gynecology, obstetrics & gynecology, and more.

Dr. Whelihan accepts

Dr. Whelihan accepts the following insurance:

Beech Street (Multiplan)

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Whelihan's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Whelihan's Top Procedures and Conditions

Atrophic Vaginitis

Dr. Whelihan treats Atrophic Vaginitis more than 100% of her peers

Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis

Dr. Whelihan treats Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis more than 100% of her peers

Dr. Whelihan treats this condition more than 100% of her peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Atrophic Vaginitis
  • Bacterial Vaginosis
Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders

Dr. Whelihan treats Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders more than 100% of her peers

Dr. Whelihan's conditions and procedures:

• Hemorrhoids
  • Herpes Simplex Screening
  • Hormone Imbalance
  • Hormone Replacement Therapy
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Infertility Treatment
  • Laser Hair Removal
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menopause Evaluation and Treatment
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • MonaLisa Touch Laser Treatment
  • Pregnancy Test
  • Sex Therapy
  • Sexual Desire Disorders
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
  • Weight Loss
  • Yeast Infections

Patients are encouraged to learn about wellness and disease prevention to live the best quality of life possible. Open discussion about lifestyle changes to improve health and wellness are welcome. Ask me about "things you have heard" about various treatments or conditions and let's decide what is best for you.

• Gynecology

3.6

Dr. Whelihan?
Dr. Whelihan's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD
My appointment was at noon and I was told to arrive 15 minutes early to fill out paperwork. The waiting room was full. I waited a total of 45 minutes and was not called up to be given new patient forms to fill out. I left at that point. One person was waiting 2 hours. The television had non stop infomercials by the doctor on vaginal dryness, erectile dysfunction, incontinence, etc.! It was torture. Unbearable.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
She listens and does not rush you out. Very knowledgeable and makes common sense recommendations. She has been my gynecologist for years. I trust her and she has a great sense of humor!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
Dr Whelihan is the most compassionate doctor that I’ve had the pleasure to see. She is down to earth, genuinely cares about her patients’ concerns & she is funny! Wait times are average, at the most- a half hour. She really makes you comfortable in an awkward situation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
Over the years she just has changed. Charged me for a wellness visit I was never told about or asked for I know I am old but feel a lot of patients embarrassed by her sec tv.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
Dr whelihan is one of the top gynecologists who have cared for me. I have had to shop around due to lack of quality practitioners in palm beach county and she is one I will continue to go to. Shes respectful of your time, makes it easy to communicate with her and is on time. She is responsive to any questions or problems you are facing. I wish there were more gynecologists like her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
Having worked with most all the GYN physicians in the area, I chose Dr. Whelihan as my personal GYN physician. She is very knowledgeable, helpful, caring, respectful ,experienced and spot on with diagnostics. Wait time may be longer than expected but seeing her is worth the time. She comes right to the point with patients. Her treatments are exact and excellent.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
DO NOT RECOMMEND! I thought I could work through the staff being rude but what I just experienced was absolutely terrible! I went in for an annual several weeks ago and thought as a new patient I could speak to the doctor openly about any and everything going on with my body. The doctor literally answered my questions while she was doing a pap so no time was taken away from her busy schedule. Well the doctor ended up charging me for an additional visit!!! Unheard of! This is such a scam
I make every effort to solve my patient's...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
This office is a joke. I wish I had read the reviews before choosing her. Over 1.5 hour wait for my "appointment". What good is an appointment if they run this far over schedule? I can understand patients are late and a visit could take longer than expected, however, when I asked if this was usual the answer was yes. Unless you are the first appointment of the day (7am) or (2pm) you can expect this ridiculous waiting time.
We apologize that your experience was less than...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
She is extremely straightforward and personable but her staff is dismissive and unorganized. Waited the first time for 1.5 hours for my appt. Second appt was rushed and prescriptions weren't called in and numerous voicemails were left by me at the office....Frustrating and would not recommend her.
I apologize that your interaction with my staff...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
Dr Whelihan is a wonderful Doctor so thorough helping with all facets of a womans life. She directed me in the right direction for successful weight loss after 25 years of failure. She refers me to all the doctors i need. She is such an inspiration as a woman. She takes care of all my medical conditions as a woman.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
Dr Whelihan is a true treasure in her field. She always take her time with you, she really listens to your concerns, she is non judgmental.... I moved back to Florida a year ago and I am so unbelievably fortunate to have found her. She is amazing....Carol
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
Dr. Whelihan is a true professional who knows her profession inside out. Not only is she down to earth and makes you feel comfortable, but she is a fine example of how a Dr. Should be.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
Great doctor! Super down to earth, makes you feel comfortable, and is pretty funny! I don't mind going to the gyno anymore. I've recommended her to my family and friends!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
worst experience ,could not agree more with another's comments on her-totally wrapped up on herself. Never was called regarding sonogram results, insufficient specimen taken, results were inconclusive and the worst part of this-she never followed up with anything.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
The worst. Dr. Whelihan’s obvious priorities are making money and herself. She did not ask me a single wellness question, spent the 5 minutes lecturing me on how difficult it is for her to make money. Had to interrupt her lecture to bring up medical concerns. Didn’t ask me a single health related question, BUT used a cookie cutter visit summary (for insurance payment) she said she did. Can't trust a doctor that can’t even record the visit accurately. Use your wellness check with a real Dr.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
I love Dr. Whelihan. She is honest, educated and caring. I had to leave when I had my children, and I am so happy to be back as her patient. She is knowledgeable about so much beyond GYN, and is always ready to discuss any issue her patient is having.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
I love the office and the fact that when you are with Dr. Whelihan you don't feel like she has one foot out the door. I like the patient portal and the fact that they actually respond.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
Dr. Maureen Whelihan is the best OB/GYN care doctor I've ever met. She has a sense of humor and great bedside manner. She tells it like it is and doesn't sugar coat things. If u don't like that kind of doctor, then u might be offended. Dr. Whelihan and her staff are very easy to talk to, polite and helpful. The office has an open space appeal, so you don't feel like you're in box. You feel comfortable during your visit. I'm spoiled now, so I will continue to see Dr Whelihan for years to come.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
I find Dr. Whelihan to be compassionate and easy to talk to; her ability to be forthright opens conversation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Whelihan, MD?
I'm not sure she even deserves one star . She over schedules . You wait an hour and a half to see her . Then when you do she rushes . In my case she had a student with her learning , totally fine but she was so rude and didn't even explain or introduce the apprentice . I tried to ask her questions about preparing to try and start a family and she totally blew me off like my questions were irrelevant . Not helpful and so not compassionate . There couldn't be a worse Doctor out there .horrid hours
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Whelihan?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Whelihan treats patients.