Dr. Maulik Trivedi, MD

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry •  Male • Age 50

Dr. Trivedi

Florida Medical Clinic

2352 Bruce B Downs Blvd Ste 304 Wesley Chapel, FL 33544

Dr. Maulik Trivedi, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry specialist in Wesley Chapel, FL and has been practicing for 24 years. He graduated from New York Medical College in 1996 and specializes in child & adolescent psychiatry.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Adolescent Psychiatrists & Pediatric Psychiatrists in your area

Dr. Trivedi accepts

Dr. Trivedi accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
Blue Care HMO
Blue Select
BlueDental Choice
Preferred PPO
Tampa Bay CoreNet
Tampa Bay HUMx HMOx

No malpractice claims found for Florida

General Mental Health

General mental health includes management, treatment and prevention of mental illness through risk factor screenings, counseling, group therapy, and wellness support.

Psychiatric Diseases

Dr. Trivedi treats Psychiatric Diseases more than 100% of their peers

Anxiety

Dr. Trivedi treats Anxiety more than 100% of their peers

Major Depressive Disorder

Dr. Trivedi treats Major Depressive Disorder more than 100% of their peers

Addiction and Substance Abuse

Addiction and substance abuse specialists diagnose and treat people who have become physically dependent or addicted to drugs and alcohol through treatments including counseling, detoxifcation, inpatient rehabilitation, and medication.

Nondependent Alcohol Abuse

Dr. Trivedi treats Nondependent Alcohol Abuse more than 91% of their peers

Dr. Trivedi treats this condition more than 91% of their peers

Nondependent Antidepressant Abuse
high

Dr. Trivedi treats Nondependent Antidepressant Abuse more than 86% of their peers

Dr. Trivedi treats this condition more than 86% of their peers

Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
high

Dr. Trivedi treats Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse more than 85% of their peers

Dr. Trivedi treats this condition more than 85% of their peers

Psychotic Disorders

Psychotic disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions that cause severe mental symptoms and disconnection from reality, such as schizophrenia, delusional disorder, and substance-induced psychosis.

Psychosis Due to Mental Illness

Dr. Trivedi treats Psychosis Due to Mental Illness more than 100% of their peers

Hide other practice areas

Check Dr. Trivedi's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Trivedi's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Anorexia
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Dissociative Disorder
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Nondependent Antidepressant Abuse
  • Nondependent Cocaine Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychosis
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Psychotherapy for Crisis

2.2

Dr. Trivedi?
Dr. Trivedi's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Maulik Trivedi, MD
Worst experience ever! I’m so glad I never went back. They threw a couple different medications at me and it was a living nightmare the way those meds reacted with me. I missed several days of work and felt like I was going insane. I only saw Trivedi once but his assistants are the ones handing out all the medications. They are just taking shots in the dark and hopefully no one really gets hurt in the process. To top it all off I’m still getting a bill from them even though I went through all that misery and interference with my job. I went there thinking it was a holistic center. I was wrong. I’m sure they got good money from my insurance company as well for all the strange tests they did with no true results.
Chris, we're very sorry to hear about your...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maulik Trivedi, MD?
I’ve called several psychiatry offices lately with varying experiences. When I spoke with Dr. Trivedi’s office, the staff member seemed to really care about my situation. I was scheduled for a new patient visit within 3 weeks which is much quicker than the others offered. The office environment is calming and the staff are helpful and thorough. I had a great first visit. I left feeling hopeful which is something I haven’t felt in quite some time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maulik Trivedi, MD?
BEWARE! Got stuck with a psychiatrist that had the personality and bedside manner of the grim reaper. Visit was supposed to be our last to come off anxiety medications and she used scare tactics to put my child on a different anti-depressant making things worse. They give you 15minutes so by law they can write a prescription and push pills on you. If you are looking to get well & be supported by someone who cares about the medicine they practice and the people they treat stay FAR AWAY from them
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maulik Trivedi, MD?
I started going to this practice 3 years ago. In the past 3 years I have not needed much medical attention, just appointments for refills. Within those 3 years, I have seen 5 different physicians, because each one kept leaving the practice. I should have taken this as a sign to leave too. My last experience was terrible when I was told I would be able to have my medication filled for a trip I was taking out of the country, leaving me anxious and annoyed. Rude office staff too!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maulik Trivedi, MD?
This office is terrible! Avoid this place because all they do is prescribe medications and see you back in three months. The staff is not helpful. Dr. Maulik Trivedi doesn’t even do anything. This office is completely useless. Very frustrating to try to get anything done.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maulik Trivedi, MD?
I'm not coming back again. His assistant doesn't listen, change one of my medications and was pushing me to take meds that are very expensive. I was telling her about the side effects I'm having with one of the meds and she was telling me it was something else that cause it. I did my research and there are many phychiatrists and assistants more knowledgeable and not interested in making money. I would not recommend him, not even to my worst enemy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maulik Trivedi, MD?
I would never recommend anyone to go here. I had three different doctors in four months, none of whom listened to my situation. One claimed I was a drug addict. They took me off the only medication that worked for me, and then prescribed me a medication that canceled out my cancer medication. They did not listen to me at all or even show any signs they cared. They make you feel like you're a huge inconvenience if you're trying to explain something that takes longer.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maulik Trivedi, MD?
I was refused service after I had to cancel an appointment.... What kind of a doctor does this? After one visit?
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maulik Trivedi, MD?
My initial appointment was used by Dr Trivedi as a teaching experience and I was dehumanized, devalued and the seriousness of my condition was de-emphasized. He planned changes to my (long term) medication plan without discussing with me. He winked at me when his student was struggling for an answer as though I was on the inside of a joke about my treatment. A follow up appt was cancelled by auto dial. I was told that their high volume prevented them from making individual calls to patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maulik Trivedi, MD?
He does not follow through with his treatment of patients (calling in prescriptions) and is extremely lax in considering the best interests of hlis patients. He has a tendancy to hand you off to a ARNP without following up himself at any point and sends comments through the ARNP without seeing or checking any information with the patient even if they are in the adjacent room.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maulik Trivedi, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Trivedi?

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry