Dr. Matthew Zornitzer, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery ·  Male · Age 46

Dr. Zornitzer

The Center For Orthopaedics

1500 Pleasant Valley Way Ste 101 West Orange, NJ 07052

Dr. Matthew Zornitzer, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery specialist in West Orange, NJ and has been practicing for 14 years. He graduated from George Washington University / School of Medicine And Health Sciences in 1999 and specializes in orthopedic hand surgery, orthopedic surgery, and more.

Dr. Zornitzer's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Zornitzer

Dr. Zornitzer?
Dr. Zornitzer's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Matthew Zornitzer, MD
Awful! I Had carpel tunnel syndrome he did the surgery and did it incorrectly according to my neurologist. He did not cut in the correct area so I now have to have surgery again several years later! And whoever the anesthesiologist was he was horrible also because I woke up during surgery everyone’s nightmare to wake up from surgery is happening
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Zornitzer, MD?
When I needed a doctor for my "trigger finger", Dr. Zornitzer was recommended highly by two different people. Dr. Zornitzer's demeanor put me at ease as he carefully explained what was wrong with my finger and what needed to be done. He took time in answering all my questions and made sure that I understood all aspects of my procedure. I would recommend him to anyone who experiences hand problems.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Zornitzer, MD?
HORRIBLE EXP - Dr. Zornitzer tried to rip in more ways than one. He was extremely pushy in getting us into surgery in next 8 hrs during the first visit, citing personal business. When he learnt that we were firm on seeking second opinion, he made us do unnecessary treatment and charged $5000 for it. Treatment caused incredible pain during procedure and for many days after treatment. Tried calling doctor but he would not talk and office disregards. Poor hygiene too. Don't get carried by reviews.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Zornitzer, MD?
Went to Dr. Zornitzer for a cyst removal in my hand and I am so glad that I did. In the doctor's office, he explains everything clearly and honestly. Once it's time for surgery he does what he sets out to do. (Hopefully I do not need to, but) I would definitely seek him out again and recommend him to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Zornitzer, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Zornitzer by another Doctor. I knew the minute he walked into the exam room that he had a great bedside manner. I had Carpal Tunnel surgery 6 weeks ago and feel much better, He did a beautiful job stitching me up. The staff is great and we joke around. I would definitely visit him again and highly recommend him. Great Doctor!! Great Guy!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Zornitzer, MD?
I highly recommend Dr, Zornitzer. From day one of my first visit to my last visit, he was caring, concerned, easy to talk with, and always willing to explain each step of the process. Most important, he did an amazing job on my hand. I had surgery to fix the metacarpel and a second surgery to remove the pin. Both surgeries results were perfect and he treated me with the highest forms of professionalism. My healing process was fast as possible and my hand is back to normal.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Zornitzer, MD?
I recommend Dr. Zornitzer, very professional and nice. I had very good experience. His assistant is very professional and helpful. Highly recommended,
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Zornitzer, MD?
Dr. Zornitzer your the best, I had two hand surgeries in different occasions, and he did an excellent job I will always recommend this Dr. to all my patients, thanks to him I could still use my hands free of pain. Believe me I will never give my hands that I count on so much to anybody.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Zornitzer, MD?
Dr. Z was able to fit me in with no delay after my trip to the ER. I'm grateful and pleased how well Dr. Z fixed my broken hand! My surgery was smooth and I now have complete movement and strength back with no complications.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Zornitzer, MD?
I have just been treated for the second time by Dr. Zornitzer - both experiences being wonderful. I healed completely both times (broken thumb and fractured wrist). His professionalism, as well as humanism, were both clearly evident. I felt at ease with his approach, and educated throughout the process....two solid "thumbs up"" (pun intended). Also, Jackie on his staff was excellent!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Zornitzer, MD?
Very professional. He listened to my input and what I had to say without cutting me off. Made a diagnosis based on my comments, his exam and experience. Explained everything clearly and addressed all my questions. If I did not have confidence in my exams after leaving the office I would not have proceeded with several surgeries. Seems like a nice guy as well
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Zornitzer, MD?
Dr. Zornitzer repaired a fracture of my wrist. Not only is he a great surgeon, professional and compassionate, but he is an extremely nice person as well! His office staff compliments his practice as they are extremely caring and helpful. I would highly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Zornitzer, MD?
Dr. Zornitzer is an excellent Dr. and an even better human being. Him and his staff were all amazing and EXTREMELY kind and welcoming. Nothing short of a great experience. Would DEFINITELY recommend you all my family and friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Zornitzer, MD?
I suffered a torn bicep on a Sunday evening and Dr. Zornitzer made time to see me the next day without an existing appointment. He genuinely cared about my condition and my recovery. He clearly explained everything I needed to know to prepare for the surgery and the recovery time afterwards. I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Zornitzer, MD?
Dr. Zornitzer is an amazingly skilled, caring and compassionate surgeon. His staff is professional and courteous. I was referred to him by my GP. I have been fortunate to have two outstanding medical professionals in my corner. Dr. Zornitzer calmed my fears for a surgical procedure that was necessary. The procedure was performed at the Short Hills Surgical Center whose staff were as comforting and professional as Dr. Zornitzer's staff. I would highly recommend his team.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Zornitzer, MD?
Performed a surgery on my finger and it looks great.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Zornitzer, MD?
The Dr. was great and attentative. Performed the surgery as expected and my broken bone healed quickly
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Zornitzer, MD?
Dr. Zornitzer repaired my severely fractured left wrist sustained from a fall. Dr. Zornitzer discussed with me the surgical procedure necessary to repair the multiple fractures, which included metal plates and screws. My wrist was fully functional with a full range of motion 4 months post surgery. I received the highest level of care and am grateful for a successful procedure.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Zornitzer, MD?
I take a lot of great pride and spend a lot of energy being a throwing athlete. From the day that I met him Dr. Zornitzer was very easy to talk to and he was able to remove my concerns and doubts of returning to athletics. When I first had nerve issues I was misdiagnosed a few times by several different doctors until I found Dr. Zornitzer. Without difficulty, Dr. Zornitzer was able to give an accurate diagnosis and perform my surgery relocating my ulnar nerve without any problems or hiccups.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Zornitzer, MD?
Dr. Zornitzer performed surgery for my 'trigger finger'. I'm very pleased with the result.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Zornitzer, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Zornitzer?

His expertise has benefited practice patients and community residents alike. Outside the office, he has served as team physician for many high school and college level football and basketball teams

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

2005
2003
1995

• New Jersey Top Doc, 2010

• Dan A. Zlotolow, Janith Mills, Marybeth Ezaki, Peter R. Carter, Robert J. Goitz, Matthew Zornitzer. Epiphyseal Osteochondroma of the upper limb: a report of 6 cases. Poster presentation, AAOS Meeting 2006, Chicago, Illinois..,

Dr. Zornitzer accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Zornitzer has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(973) 669-5600Find providers who accept this insurance

Dr. Zornitzer treats Osteoarthritis of Hands more than 94% of his peers

Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist

Dr. Zornitzer treats Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist more than 94% of his peers

Dr. Zornitzer treats this condition more than 94% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Osteoarthritis of Wrist

• Excision of Metacarpal and Carpal
  • Excision of Radius or Ulna
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Hand Pain
  • Hand Reconstruction
  • Hand Surgery
  • Hand Tendon Repair
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lupus