Dr. Matthew Zornitzer, MD

Dr. Matthew Zornitzer, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery | Male

The Center For Orthopaedics 1500 Pleasant Valley Way Ste 101 West Orange, NJ 07052 Get Directions

His expertise has benefited practice patients and community residents alike. Outside the office, he has served as team physician for many high school and college level football and basketball teams

Dr. Matthew Zornitzer, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery doctor who practices in West Orange, NJ. He is 43 years old and has been practicing for 18 years. Dr. Zornitzer is affiliated with Saint Barnabas Medical Center.

Dr. Zornitzer's Experience

See how Dr. Zornitzer's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Zornitzer

Dr. Zornitzer accepts 12 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Zornitzer has admitting privileges.

Dr. Zornitzer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Zornitzer to family and friends
Dr. Zornitzer's Performance
Nutley, NJ |
Dr Zornitzer corrected a trigger finger condition. The job was well done and the Dr. was very good in explaining the recovery. i would definitely recommend him.
in Rockaway, NJ |
I liked his approach. I needs surgery on my wrist, but before rushing me into the ER, he tried several non-operative options. Surgery was reserved as the last option.
in Livingston, NJ |
Dr. Zornitzer performed 2 surgeries on my hand 7 weeks ago and he was amazing. Following the removal of the stitches and 6 sessions of Physical Therapy, my hand is like new. The scars are almost gone and i have complete use of the hand. He is a miracle worker. I would not go to anyone else for any problem with my hands.
Before finding Dr.Zornitzer, I had gone to an orthopedic doctor regarding a trigger finger. I wanted a second opinion and found Dr.Zornitzer. He was the best decision I could have ever made. I knew as I was leaving his office that my decision had been made. He reassured me that it was an easy fix and he absolutely stood true to his word! Thank you for such a successful surgery!
An outstanding experience I put off having carpel tunnel surgery for years and I am so glad that I found Dr. Zornitzer. I couldn't be happier I am now able to sleep through the night. I wish I would have done the surgery sooner.
Montclair, NJ |
Dr. Zornitzer was great overall. He was able to see me quickly and then perform surgery in 2 days. He was very descriptive with the process and all the different outcomes. His follow up post surgery is fantastic too.
in Scotch Plains, NJ |
Dr Zornitzer was terrific. I broke a bone in my hand while away at my son's wedding. Dr Z did a great job. I also appreciated that he ran his schedule in a timely manner. He gave clear directions and recommended an excellent therapist for PT.
in Clifton, NJ |
Dr. Z has a way of connecting with patients and placing them at ease with mutual interest conversation. He explains the procedure he is about to conduct in a thorough manner. He is prompt with his appointment schedule, you will not have to wait too long. The office staff is pleasant and talkative, while greeting each patient.
in Colonia, NJ |
Dr. Zornitzer treated me like an equal. He didn't talk above me. He has a great bedside manner. He did have to perform a procedure on me hand but he explained everything in great detail including the recovery. I highly recommend Dr. Zornitzer and the complete office staff.
New York, NY |
Office is in a nice building w/ free parking. Staff & Nurses are very friendly. . Arrival to seeing doctor was under 15 min every time. Exam was straight forward. He's very clear and confident with explanations. Explained the surgery needed to remove cyst on thumb. Surgery was very straight forward. No complications. He arrived on time and explained everything and I was in OR in no time. Follow ups were quick and my thumb healed very nicely. No more pain and you can't even hardly see a scar.
Dr. Zornitzer performed surgery on my wrist to remove a ganglion cyst. The surgery was successful and the wrist healed rapidly. As such, I believe Dr. Zornitzer completed my procedure effectively and would give him high marks for what I am most concerned with- a successful surgery. That said, I would have appreciated more responsive answers to my questions, and a follow-up visit/call from Dr. Zornitzer post operation.
in Caldwell, NJ |
I have seen Dr. Zornitzer on a number of occasions and always received excellent results. The doctor has performed carpal tunnel surgery, treated elbow and wrist tendinitis, as well as trigger finger, and my conditions have always been eliminated completely. I would definitely recommend Dr. Zornitzer without reservation.
Newark, NJ |
I would absolutely recommend Dr. Zornitzer to friends and family! He was very thorough in his descriptions of surgery, rehab, and projected outcomes.
in West Caldwell, NJ |
Dr. Zornitzer performed carpal tunnel release surgery on both of my hands (in November & December 2016, respectively). He is an accomplished, consummate professional whose skills I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to family and friends. I had experienced severe numbness & pain for many months prior to the procedures but am now pleased to say that that is all in the past. He explained that I would have optimal results only by working w/ a hand rehab specialist after surgery & he was right!
in Verona, NJ |
I have had two conditions requiring surgery in the last two years on my left hand. Dr. Zornitzer came highly recommended. He is careful and thorough. The last surgery was a repair of a surgery done while I was on vacation. He corrected an oversight by the first surgeon that saved additional damage to my hand. He explained all problems and procedures thoroughly to make sure I understood my conditions and procedures for repair.
in Montclair, NJ |
Dr. Zornitzer is excellent, truly excellent. In the past 8 years or so, he has put together my left wrist, my son's thumb and, just last year, my shattered left arm, which required a long and complex surgery. Everything works just fine now. He'll do his part, you do yours (exercises and therapy to get your range of motion back).
in Livingston, NJ |
Dr. Z is very professional and accommodating. He holds a wide range of office hours and i am always seen as soon as i walk in the door. He performed surgery for my elbow fracture and my Physical Therapist says my recovery was one of the quickest she's seen! I can only assume a lot of that has to do with the quality of Dr. Z's work!
in Wayne, NJ |
I would recommend Dr. Zornitzer to all of my family and friends. I had Carpel tunnel release and ulnar nerve entrapment surgery. The numbness in my fingers and hand is completely gone! I was suffering for over a year, what a difference he made in my quality of life. Great bedside manner, answers all questions, makes you feel comfortable and calm His staff is very knowledgeable, and extremely attentive and helpful.
in West Orange, NJ |
Dr. Zornitzer has a great bedside manner. He was very easy to talk to and answered all my questions directly about my surgery which was for ulnar nerve compression at the elbow & carpel tunnel as well. Everything went as he prescribed. I had virtually no pain (used no Rx meds), was in a sling for about 10 days and back to work. I required no physical rehab. My follow-up visits were quick & easy.
in New Jersey |
I would highly recommend Dr. Zornitzer to any patient as he and his staff are compassionate, well informed, gentle, and understanding. Dr. Zornitzer is a great doctor who truly cares about his patients and the honest services he provides.
in Great Meadows< NJ |
He came highly recommended by my primary care doctor. I can see why he has thus reputation. Surgery and therapy were excellent.
in Roselle Park, NJ |
Results of surgery were excellent. Pain is gone. Scar is minimal. Gave his recommendation and left decision up to me.
in Livingston, NJ |
Dr. Zornitzer came highly recommended and I understand why. He was honest and personable with me and more importantly my 18 year old son who sustained a non-displaced scaphoid fracture. He was actually the second doctor we visited. I am very happy we decided to have him do the surgery. He was professional, knowledgeable and on the cutting edge of this intricate surgery.
in Bound Brook, NJ |
My overall experience with Dr. Zornitzer was outstanding. His knowledge, professionalism and confidence are quite reassuring. He is friendly and corteous while answering questions and explaining procedures. Each follow up was monitored by him dutifully. The fresh x-rays were displayed and my progress was noted simply and effectively. Kudos to Dr. Zornitzer and the entire office staff !
in West Orange NJ |
Dr. Zornitzer was the second hand specialist I used for carpel tunnel surgery. He was personable during the appointment and thoroughly explained what to expect post surgery. His staff was responsive to all calls and questions.
in Caldwell, NJ |
Very knowledgeable, he was right on with my hand, after surgery my wrist felt better right away and was able to move my thumb without it hurting! Two weeks later I am back to normal. He is wonderful and very caring.
in West Caldwell, NJ |
I went to him on referral from a highly respected physician. He listens and hears; very rare to find. A very gifted surgeon; after two operations, unless you look very closely, you cannot see anything. And a wonderful bedside manner as well. I could not be more impressed.
in Cranford, NJ |
Very professional, kind and extremely knowledgeable. A pleasure to have had the opportunity to be treated by him.
in Clifton, NJ |
Dr. Zornitzer is saving my professional life as a concert organist and pianist!
in Whitehouse Station NJ |
Very professional and friendly. Took adequate time to explain everything. Easy to book appointments and keeps very close to appointment times.
in West Orange, NJ |
Dr. Zornitzer is very knowledgeable, personable and gives you a very confident feeling. I would definitely recommend him to others.
in Colonia, NJ |
I have had nothing but a positive experience with Doctor Matthew Zornitzer and his incredible staff . Doctor Zornitzer is a compassionate and caring person, and a truly exceptional hand surgeon. He took his time and made sure I understood all the surgery procedures. Doctor Bruce Brener highly recommended Doctor Zornitzer to me. Thank you Doctor Brener you were right again. And thank you Doctor Zornitzer what you did for me. I cannot praise you enough
in West Orange, NJ |
Great doctor! Loved his style and talent.
in Newark, NJ |
I would recommend Dr. Zornitzer to those who need an orthopedic specialist. He was knowledgeable about my condition, has a good bedside manner, and did not force unnecessary treatment on me.
Montclair, nj |
Kept me informed of what was happening. Professional with a human side. Made sure I understood what he was doing and why.
New York, NY |
Very professional, realistic, and did a great job on a complicated surgery on my finger
in Jerusalem, Israel |
I would highly recommend Dr. Zornitzer. The bones in my wrist were totally smashed to pieces. Dr. Z did a GREAT JOB fixing me up putting in lots of plates and screws. He told me that if I get 90% of my mobility back he would consider it a home run. Indeed, a year after my surgery I am back at 100%, going back to a weight lifting routine and feeling fine other than having to wriggle my fingers when I first arise in the AM.
in Cranford, NJ |
Dr, Zornitzer surgically repaired my bicep tendon. It was a great experience from when I first met him to the surgery through the recovery. I was very satisfied with him and the staff. His nurse Jackie was wonderful. He didn't rush through visits, he listened and and addressed all questions and concerns in a caring manner. I need to have a procedure done on my hands, he will be my doctor for that. I have no time for doctors who are arrogant. he's not, I highly recommend him!
in Flanders, NJ |
Dr. Zornitzer fixed both of my hands. The first surgery corrected numbness in my left hand, pain, and inability to type. Dr Z performed carpel and cubital tunnel repair and also released the pressure on my ulnar nerve. My last surgery was for the correction of carpel tunnel in my right hand. I am recommending Dr Z to everyone I know with hand issues.
in North Arlington, NJ |
Dr. Zornitzer was highly recommended by my regular physician. We would definitely recommend him to anyone who needs orthopedic surgery. The staff was great in setting up my two surgeries and always find the office staff very helpful. Both surgeries went well and I can finally sleep the night with almost no pain. Jose DaCunha
in Wayne, NJ |
Dr. Z explains the procedure he will be preforming on you in a way you can understand and he makes sure you know what is going to be done. I have recommended him to a few of my friends. He also is very easy to talk to. I have had a couple of surgeries with him and was extremely pleased. Oh, and he's a big Yankee fan which makes me like him even more...lol
in Verona, NJ |
Dr. Z really is a gem. He put my mind at ease every step of the process. I couldn't have asked for a better surgeon.
in West Orange, NJ |
I broke my hand around Christmas time and was referred by one of his colleagues whom I know. Dr. Zornister was great - very direct, honest, caring and clearly invested in my recovery. While I do not wish to repeat the overall experience, it's nice to know that, should I need a hand doc again, I have one I trust completely.
Maplewood, NJ |
Extremely positive. Dr. Z's medical expertise and thorough professionalism are exceptional. He recently performed surgery to remove a cyst from the middle finger on my left hand. I was very fortunate to have him as the physician and recommend him without hesitation.
in Newark, NJ |
Dr. Zornitzer was very detailed and experienced. He examined my thumb and right away noticed that not only did I have have ligament damage. But I also had some damage from my time as a boxer. He suggested surgery right away. He got me the therapy I needed and the follow-up care that I need to get me back on track.
in West Orange, NJ |
After years of progressively worsening pain I was referred to Dr Matthew Zornitzer for carpal tunnel surgery. As it turns out I already knew him; he was one of the best students I had in my career as a chemistry teacher. I was in the right hands; I knew his character, his intellect, and his work ethic. After two months the pain that would wake me in the middle of the night is nearly completely gone. You would be hard pressed to find a more skilled and caring hand surgeon than Dr Mathew Zornitzer
in Fairfield, NJ |
We have had 3 different family members require the surgical services of Dr. Zornitzer. From the initial consultation to the post-op visits, Dr Zornitzer has been nothing short of professional, caring and most important a true expert in his field. He meticulously explains everything from what the injury has caused to what the surgery will consist of, to what will be expected during the recovery period. We believe the best recommendation comes from word of mouth and Dr. Zornitzer has ours.
in West Orange, NJ |
I broke m arm while Dr. Zornitzer was away on vacation, and he was very willing to take a call about my case & see me ASAP when he got back from vacation. His & his staff's care was excellent.
Nutley, NJ |
I just had Trigger thumb Surgery and Dr. Zornitzer was very informative and accommodating in treatment and then eventually surgery. Surgery was completely successful and I have my thumb back which was essential with the intricate type of work I do, I would highly recommend Dr. Zornitzer for this particular type of surgery.
in Cedar Grove, NJ |
Dr. Zornitzer is an excellent hand surgeon. Very professional and patient. I would highly recommend him.
Have you seen Dr. Matthew Zornitzer, MD?
Are you Dr. Zornitzer?

Compare Dr. Zornitzer

}

Dr. Zornitzer's Care Philosophy

Dr. Zornitzer's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery
  •  Board certified in Hand Surgery and Orthopedic Surgery

• New Jersey Top Doc, 2010
    • Dan A. Zlotolow, Janith Mills, Marybeth Ezaki, Peter R. Carter, Robert J. Goitz, Matthew Zornitzer. Epiphyseal Osteochondroma of the upper limb: a report of 6 cases. Poster presentation, AAOS Meeting 2006, Chicago, Illinois..

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Why It Matters: Dr. Zornitzer's Board Certifications

• Distal Radius Fracture
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hand Pain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center

Completed in 2005

Colgate University

Graduated in 1995

Dr. Zornitzer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Zornitzer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Open
  • Elbow Tenotomy
  • Endoscopic Hand Surgery
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment