Dr. Matthew Zornitzer, MD

Dr. Matthew Zornitzer, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery  |
Dr. Matthew Zornitzer, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery doctor who practices in West Orange, NJ. He is 44 years old and has been practicing for 18 years. Dr. Zornitzer is affiliated with Saint Barnabas Medical Center.

1500 Pleasant Valley Way Ste 101

West Orange, NJ 07052

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • AvMed
  • EmblemHealth
  • Health Net

Learn about Dr. Zornitzer

See how frequently Dr. Zornitzer performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Trigger Finger
Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
high
Osteoarthritis
high

Dr. Zornitzer's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Zornitzer "His expertise has benefited practice patients and community residents alike. Outside the office, he has served as team physician for many high school and college level football and basketball teams"

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• De Quervain's Disease
  • Distal Radius Fracture
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hand Pain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lupus

• Elbow Tenotomy
  • Endoscopic Hand Surgery
  • Excision of Radius or Ulna
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Wrist Fusion
  • Wrist Replacement

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Colgate University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2003
  • University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2005

• New Jersey Top Doc, 2010
  • Dan A. Zlotolow, Janith Mills, Marybeth Ezaki, Peter R. Carter, Robert J. Goitz, Matthew Zornitzer. Epiphyseal Osteochondroma of the upper limb: a report of 6 cases. Poster presentation, AAOS Meeting 2006, Chicago, Illinois..,

Dr. Zornitzer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Zornitzer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Zornitzer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Zornitzer to family and friends
Dr. Zornitzer's Performance
Livingston, NJ |
The Dr. was great and attentative. Performed the surgery as expected and my broken bone healed quickly
in Livingston, NJ |
Dr. Zornitzer repaired my severely fractured left wrist sustained from a fall. Dr. Zornitzer discussed with me the surgical procedure necessary to repair the multiple fractures, which included metal plates and screws. My wrist was fully functional with a full range of motion 4 months post surgery. I received the highest level of care and am grateful for a successful procedure.
in Mountain Lakes, NJ |
I take a lot of great pride and spend a lot of energy being a throwing athlete. From the day that I met him Dr. Zornitzer was very easy to talk to and he was able to remove my concerns and doubts of returning to athletics. When I first had nerve issues I was misdiagnosed a few times by several different doctors until I found Dr. Zornitzer. Without difficulty, Dr. Zornitzer was able to give an accurate diagnosis and perform my surgery relocating my ulnar nerve without any problems or hiccups.
in Roseland, NJ |
Dr. Zornitzer performed surgery for my 'trigger finger'. I'm very pleased with the result.
in UNION, NJ |
I had decided to have the knuckle in my small finger replaced due to the pain I was having from arthritis forming, caused by hurting it several time. He had explained the procedure step by step in detail. Very happy with the out come of the surgery. I now don't have the pain or swelling in my finger/hand anymore.
in West Orange, NJ |
Very professional. Gave me his recommendation re: how to deal with my medical/surgical problem, but also carefully explained my options, pros and cons. Good post-surgery follow-up too!
in Livingston, NJ |
i would definitely recommend dr zornitzer, the surgery was painless with a complete recovery.
in Kearny, NJ |
Dr. Zornitzer is a wonderful doctor. He's patient and has amazing bedside manner. He explains everything in great detail to ensure that any anxiety is minimized. I would not hesitate in recommending him to friends and family. I needed to have a severed tendon and nerve repaired and the range of movement and grip after the surgery is comparable to the other hand that never sustained any injury! And as if that wasn't enough, the scar is practically unnoticeable!!! His office staff is amazing!
East Orange, NJ |
Dr. Zornitzer was both compassionate and thorough. He dedicated time to our appointments and explained the different options we had.
Livingston, NJ |
Went to Dr. Zornitzer for a second opinion. It was unfortunate that I had to wait two months past my injury to see him due to it being workers comp. At the time I saw him, he was able to set me up with a script for therapy. I am very thankful for having Dr. Zornitzer as a second opinion. I only wish I could of seen him first as I requested immediately following my injury.
in Nutley, NJ |
Dr. Zornitzer was wonderful. If you have carpal tunnel syndrome and have been on the fence about having surgery, get off. It was quick, one day surgery. Your hand is functional right after surgery and you just need to keep the stitches clean and dry for 10 days. I waited so long to get surgery done that my one hand was in such agony I couldn't wait any longer. When i realized how great the first surgery went, I set up an appointment for the other hand!! Both are doing wonderful!!
Livingston, NJ |
Dr. Zornitzer provides excellent medical care. I saw him for carpal tunnel surgery and will return in a few months for the other hand. I'm 10 days post-surgery and the results have been tremendous. If any family members or friends need care, I would strongly recommend him. He's highly skillful, professional, and pleasant with his patients. The staff were also extremely responsive with all aspects of scheduling, which was incredibly helpful and appreciated.
Nutley, NJ |
Dr Zornitzer corrected a trigger finger condition. The job was well done and the Dr. was very good in explaining the recovery. i would definitely recommend him.
in Rockaway, NJ |
I liked his approach. I needs surgery on my wrist, but before rushing me into the ER, he tried several non-operative options. Surgery was reserved as the last option.
in Livingston, NJ |
Dr. Zornitzer performed 2 surgeries on my hand 7 weeks ago and he was amazing. Following the removal of the stitches and 6 sessions of Physical Therapy, my hand is like new. The scars are almost gone and i have complete use of the hand. He is a miracle worker. I would not go to anyone else for any problem with my hands.
Before finding Dr.Zornitzer, I had gone to an orthopedic doctor regarding a trigger finger. I wanted a second opinion and found Dr.Zornitzer. He was the best decision I could have ever made. I knew as I was leaving his office that my decision had been made. He reassured me that it was an easy fix and he absolutely stood true to his word! Thank you for such a successful surgery!
An outstanding experience I put off having carpel tunnel surgery for years and I am so glad that I found Dr. Zornitzer. I couldn't be happier I am now able to sleep through the night. I wish I would have done the surgery sooner.
Montclair, NJ |
Dr. Zornitzer was great overall. He was able to see me quickly and then perform surgery in 2 days. He was very descriptive with the process and all the different outcomes. His follow up post surgery is fantastic too.
in Scotch Plains, NJ |
Dr Zornitzer was terrific. I broke a bone in my hand while away at my son's wedding. Dr Z did a great job. I also appreciated that he ran his schedule in a timely manner. He gave clear directions and recommended an excellent therapist for PT.
in Clifton, NJ |
Dr. Z has a way of connecting with patients and placing them at ease with mutual interest conversation. He explains the procedure he is about to conduct in a thorough manner. He is prompt with his appointment schedule, you will not have to wait too long. The office staff is pleasant and talkative, while greeting each patient.
in Colonia, NJ |
Dr. Zornitzer treated me like an equal. He didn't talk above me. He has a great bedside manner. He did have to perform a procedure on me hand but he explained everything in great detail including the recovery. I highly recommend Dr. Zornitzer and the complete office staff.
New York, NY |
Office is in a nice building w/ free parking. Staff & Nurses are very friendly. . Arrival to seeing doctor was under 15 min every time. Exam was straight forward. He's very clear and confident with explanations. Explained the surgery needed to remove cyst on thumb. Surgery was very straight forward. No complications. He arrived on time and explained everything and I was in OR in no time. Follow ups were quick and my thumb healed very nicely. No more pain and you can't even hardly see a scar.
Dr. Zornitzer performed surgery on my wrist to remove a ganglion cyst. The surgery was successful and the wrist healed rapidly. As such, I believe Dr. Zornitzer completed my procedure effectively and would give him high marks for what I am most concerned with- a successful surgery. That said, I would have appreciated more responsive answers to my questions, and a follow-up visit/call from Dr. Zornitzer post operation.
in Caldwell, NJ |
I have seen Dr. Zornitzer on a number of occasions and always received excellent results. The doctor has performed carpal tunnel surgery, treated elbow and wrist tendinitis, as well as trigger finger, and my conditions have always been eliminated completely. I would definitely recommend Dr. Zornitzer without reservation.
Newark, NJ |
I would absolutely recommend Dr. Zornitzer to friends and family! He was very thorough in his descriptions of surgery, rehab, and projected outcomes.
in West Caldwell, NJ |
Dr. Zornitzer performed carpal tunnel release surgery on both of my hands (in November & December 2016, respectively). He is an accomplished, consummate professional whose skills I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to family and friends. I had experienced severe numbness & pain for many months prior to the procedures but am now pleased to say that that is all in the past. He explained that I would have optimal results only by working w/ a hand rehab specialist after surgery & he was right!
in Verona, NJ |
I have had two conditions requiring surgery in the last two years on my left hand. Dr. Zornitzer came highly recommended. He is careful and thorough. The last surgery was a repair of a surgery done while I was on vacation. He corrected an oversight by the first surgeon that saved additional damage to my hand. He explained all problems and procedures thoroughly to make sure I understood my conditions and procedures for repair.
in Montclair, NJ |
Dr. Zornitzer is excellent, truly excellent. In the past 8 years or so, he has put together my left wrist, my son's thumb and, just last year, my shattered left arm, which required a long and complex surgery. Everything works just fine now. He'll do his part, you do yours (exercises and therapy to get your range of motion back).
in Livingston, NJ |
Dr. Z is very professional and accommodating. He holds a wide range of office hours and i am always seen as soon as i walk in the door. He performed surgery for my elbow fracture and my Physical Therapist says my recovery was one of the quickest she's seen! I can only assume a lot of that has to do with the quality of Dr. Z's work!
in Wayne, NJ |
I would recommend Dr. Zornitzer to all of my family and friends. I had Carpel tunnel release and ulnar nerve entrapment surgery. The numbness in my fingers and hand is completely gone! I was suffering for over a year, what a difference he made in my quality of life. Great bedside manner, answers all questions, makes you feel comfortable and calm His staff is very knowledgeable, and extremely attentive and helpful.
in West Orange, NJ |
Dr. Zornitzer has a great bedside manner. He was very easy to talk to and answered all my questions directly about my surgery which was for ulnar nerve compression at the elbow & carpel tunnel as well. Everything went as he prescribed. I had virtually no pain (used no Rx meds), was in a sling for about 10 days and back to work. I required no physical rehab. My follow-up visits were quick & easy.
in New Jersey |
I would highly recommend Dr. Zornitzer to any patient as he and his staff are compassionate, well informed, gentle, and understanding. Dr. Zornitzer is a great doctor who truly cares about his patients and the honest services he provides.
in Great Meadows< NJ |
He came highly recommended by my primary care doctor. I can see why he has thus reputation. Surgery and therapy were excellent.
in Roselle Park, NJ |
Results of surgery were excellent. Pain is gone. Scar is minimal. Gave his recommendation and left decision up to me.
in Livingston, NJ |
Dr. Zornitzer came highly recommended and I understand why. He was honest and personable with me and more importantly my 18 year old son who sustained a non-displaced scaphoid fracture. He was actually the second doctor we visited. I am very happy we decided to have him do the surgery. He was professional, knowledgeable and on the cutting edge of this intricate surgery.
in Bound Brook, NJ |
My overall experience with Dr. Zornitzer was outstanding. His knowledge, professionalism and confidence are quite reassuring. He is friendly and corteous while answering questions and explaining procedures. Each follow up was monitored by him dutifully. The fresh x-rays were displayed and my progress was noted simply and effectively. Kudos to Dr. Zornitzer and the entire office staff !
in West Orange NJ |
Dr. Zornitzer was the second hand specialist I used for carpel tunnel surgery. He was personable during the appointment and thoroughly explained what to expect post surgery. His staff was responsive to all calls and questions.
in Caldwell, NJ |
Very knowledgeable, he was right on with my hand, after surgery my wrist felt better right away and was able to move my thumb without it hurting! Two weeks later I am back to normal. He is wonderful and very caring.
in West Caldwell, NJ |
I went to him on referral from a highly respected physician. He listens and hears; very rare to find. A very gifted surgeon; after two operations, unless you look very closely, you cannot see anything. And a wonderful bedside manner as well. I could not be more impressed.
in Cranford, NJ |
Very professional, kind and extremely knowledgeable. A pleasure to have had the opportunity to be treated by him.
in Clifton, NJ |
Dr. Zornitzer is saving my professional life as a concert organist and pianist!
in Whitehouse Station NJ |
Very professional and friendly. Took adequate time to explain everything. Easy to book appointments and keeps very close to appointment times.
in West Orange, NJ |
Dr. Zornitzer is very knowledgeable, personable and gives you a very confident feeling. I would definitely recommend him to others.
in Colonia, NJ |
I have had nothing but a positive experience with Doctor Matthew Zornitzer and his incredible staff . Doctor Zornitzer is a compassionate and caring person, and a truly exceptional hand surgeon. He took his time and made sure I understood all the surgery procedures. Doctor Bruce Brener highly recommended Doctor Zornitzer to me. Thank you Doctor Brener you were right again. And thank you Doctor Zornitzer what you did for me. I cannot praise you enough
in West Orange, NJ |
Great doctor! Loved his style and talent.
in Newark, NJ |
I would recommend Dr. Zornitzer to those who need an orthopedic specialist. He was knowledgeable about my condition, has a good bedside manner, and did not force unnecessary treatment on me.
Montclair, nj |
Kept me informed of what was happening. Professional with a human side. Made sure I understood what he was doing and why.
New York, NY |
Very professional, realistic, and did a great job on a complicated surgery on my finger
in Jerusalem, Israel |
I would highly recommend Dr. Zornitzer. The bones in my wrist were totally smashed to pieces. Dr. Z did a GREAT JOB fixing me up putting in lots of plates and screws. He told me that if I get 90% of my mobility back he would consider it a home run. Indeed, a year after my surgery I am back at 100%, going back to a weight lifting routine and feeling fine other than having to wriggle my fingers when I first arise in the AM.
in Cranford, NJ |
Dr, Zornitzer surgically repaired my bicep tendon. It was a great experience from when I first met him to the surgery through the recovery. I was very satisfied with him and the staff. His nurse Jackie was wonderful. He didn't rush through visits, he listened and and addressed all questions and concerns in a caring manner. I need to have a procedure done on my hands, he will be my doctor for that. I have no time for doctors who are arrogant. he's not, I highly recommend him!
Have you seen Dr. Matthew Zornitzer, MD?
Are you Dr. Zornitzer?

Visit Dr. Zornitzer

Dr. Zornitzer accepts 12 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • AvMed