Dr. Matthew H. Zornitzer, MD

Dr. Matthew H. Zornitzer, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery | Male

The Center For Orthopaedics 1500 Pleasant Valley Way Ste 101, West Orange, NJ 07052 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

His expertise has benefited practice patients and community residents alike. Outside the office, he has served as team physician for many high school and college level football and basketball teamsRead more

Dr. Zornitzer's Experience

See how Dr. Zornitzer's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Zornitzer

Dr. Zornitzer accepts 12 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Zornitzer has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Zornitzer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Zornitzer to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Zornitzer
Dr. Zornitzer's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (86)
in New Jersey |
I would highly recommend Dr. Zornitzer to any patient as he and his staff are compassionate, well informed, gentle, and understanding. Dr. Zornitzer is a great doctor who truly cares about his patients and the honest services he provides.
in Great Meadows< NJ |
He came highly recommended by my primary care doctor. I can see why he has thus reputation. Surgery and therapy were excellent.
in Roselle Park, NJ |
Results of surgery were excellent. Pain is gone. Scar is minimal. Gave his recommendation and left decision up to me.
in Livingston, NJ |
Dr. Zornitzer came highly recommended and I understand why. He was honest and personable with me and more importantly my 18 year old son who sustained a non-displaced scaphoid fracture. He was actually the second doctor we visited. I am very happy we decided to have him do the surgery. He was professional, knowledgeable and on the cutting edge of this intricate surgery.
in Bound Brook, NJ |
My overall experience with Dr. Zornitzer was outstanding. His knowledge, professionalism and confidence are quite reassuring. He is friendly and corteous while answering questions and explaining procedures. Each follow up was monitored by him dutifully. The fresh x-rays were displayed and my progress was noted simply and effectively. Kudos to Dr. Zornitzer and the entire office staff !
in West Orange NJ |
Dr. Zornitzer was the second hand specialist I used for carpel tunnel surgery. He was personable during the appointment and thoroughly explained what to expect post surgery. His staff was responsive to all calls and questions.
in Caldwell, NJ |
Very knowledgeable, he was right on with my hand, after surgery my wrist felt better right away and was able to move my thumb without it hurting! Two weeks later I am back to normal. He is wonderful and very caring.
in West Caldwell, NJ |
I went to him on referral from a highly respected physician. He listens and hears; very rare to find. A very gifted surgeon; after two operations, unless you look very closely, you cannot see anything. And a wonderful bedside manner as well. I could not be more impressed.
in Cranford, NJ |
Very professional, kind and extremely knowledgeable. A pleasure to have had the opportunity to be treated by him.
in Clifton, NJ |
Dr. Zornitzer is saving my professional life as a concert organist and pianist!
in Whitehouse Station NJ |
Very professional and friendly. Took adequate time to explain everything. Easy to book appointments and keeps very close to appointment times.
in West Orange, NJ |
Dr. Zornitzer is very knowledgeable, personable and gives you a very confident feeling. I would definitely recommend him to others.
in Colonia, NJ |
I have had nothing but a positive experience with Doctor Matthew Zornitzer and his incredible staff . Doctor Zornitzer is a compassionate and caring person, and a truly exceptional hand surgeon. He took his time and made sure I understood all the surgery procedures. Doctor Bruce Brener highly recommended Doctor Zornitzer to me. Thank you Doctor Brener you were right again. And thank you Doctor Zornitzer what you did for me. I cannot praise you enough
in West Orange, NJ |
Great doctor! Loved his style and talent.
in Newark, NJ |
I would recommend Dr. Zornitzer to those who need an orthopedic specialist. He was knowledgeable about my condition, has a good bedside manner, and did not force unnecessary treatment on me.
Montclair, nj |
Kept me informed of what was happening. Professional with a human side. Made sure I understood what he was doing and why.
New York, NY |
Very professional, realistic, and did a great job on a complicated surgery on my finger
in Jerusalem, Israel |
I would highly recommend Dr. Zornitzer. The bones in my wrist were totally smashed to pieces. Dr. Z did a GREAT JOB fixing me up putting in lots of plates and screws. He told me that if I get 90% of my mobility back he would consider it a home run. Indeed, a year after my surgery I am back at 100%, going back to a weight lifting routine and feeling fine other than having to wriggle my fingers when I first arise in the AM.
in Cranford, NJ |
Dr, Zornitzer surgically repaired my bicep tendon. It was a great experience from when I first met him to the surgery through the recovery. I was very satisfied with him and the staff. His nurse Jackie was wonderful. He didn't rush through visits, he listened and and addressed all questions and concerns in a caring manner. I need to have a procedure done on my hands, he will be my doctor for that. I have no time for doctors who are arrogant. he's not, I highly recommend him!
in Flanders, NJ |
Dr. Zornitzer fixed both of my hands. The first surgery corrected numbness in my left hand, pain, and inability to type. Dr Z performed carpel and cubital tunnel repair and also released the pressure on my ulnar nerve. My last surgery was for the correction of carpel tunnel in my right hand. I am recommending Dr Z to everyone I know with hand issues.
in North Arlington, NJ |
Dr. Zornitzer was highly recommended by my regular physician. We would definitely recommend him to anyone who needs orthopedic surgery. The staff was great in setting up my two surgeries and always find the office staff very helpful. Both surgeries went well and I can finally sleep the night with almost no pain. Jose DaCunha
in Wayne, NJ |
Dr. Z explains the procedure he will be preforming on you in a way you can understand and he makes sure you know what is going to be done. I have recommended him to a few of my friends. He also is very easy to talk to. I have had a couple of surgeries with him and was extremely pleased. Oh, and he's a big Yankee fan which makes me like him even more...lol
in Verona, NJ |
Dr. Z really is a gem. He put my mind at ease every step of the process. I couldn't have asked for a better surgeon.
in West Orange, NJ |
I broke my hand around Christmas time and was referred by one of his colleagues whom I know. Dr. Zornister was great - very direct, honest, caring and clearly invested in my recovery. While I do not wish to repeat the overall experience, it's nice to know that, should I need a hand doc again, I have one I trust completely.
Maplewood, NJ |
Extremely positive. Dr. Z's medical expertise and thorough professionalism are exceptional. He recently performed surgery to remove a cyst from the middle finger on my left hand. I was very fortunate to have him as the physician and recommend him without hesitation.
in Newark, NJ |
Dr. Zornitzer was very detailed and experienced. He examined my thumb and right away noticed that not only did I have have ligament damage. But I also had some damage from my time as a boxer. He suggested surgery right away. He got me the therapy I needed and the follow-up care that I need to get me back on track.
in West Orange, NJ |
After years of progressively worsening pain I was referred to Dr Matthew Zornitzer for carpal tunnel surgery. As it turns out I already knew him; he was one of the best students I had in my career as a chemistry teacher. I was in the right hands; I knew his character, his intellect, and his work ethic. After two months the pain that would wake me in the middle of the night is nearly completely gone. You would be hard pressed to find a more skilled and caring hand surgeon than Dr Mathew Zornitzer
in Fairfield, NJ |
We have had 3 different family members require the surgical services of Dr. Zornitzer. From the initial consultation to the post-op visits, Dr Zornitzer has been nothing short of professional, caring and most important a true expert in his field. He meticulously explains everything from what the injury has caused to what the surgery will consist of, to what will be expected during the recovery period. We believe the best recommendation comes from word of mouth and Dr. Zornitzer has ours.
in West Orange, NJ |
I broke m arm while Dr. Zornitzer was away on vacation, and he was very willing to take a call about my case & see me ASAP when he got back from vacation. His & his staff's care was excellent.
Nutley, NJ |
I just had Trigger thumb Surgery and Dr. Zornitzer was very informative and accommodating in treatment and then eventually surgery. Surgery was completely successful and I have my thumb back which was essential with the intricate type of work I do, I would highly recommend Dr. Zornitzer for this particular type of surgery.
in Cedar Grove, NJ |
Dr. Zornitzer is an excellent hand surgeon. Very professional and patient. I would highly recommend him.
in North Caldwell, NJ |
I had such a great experience with Dr. Zornitzer and his office. I had a compound elbow fracture last summer in Italy. I had surgery in Italy. began to have excruciating pain in my fingers and wrist.I went to see Dr.Zornitzer, he was highly recommended. He amended my arm and took x rays. He knew I was in pain and scheduled surgery. . He took out the pins and wire that were irritating my Ulnar nerve. He decompressed the nerve. For the first time since the break, my arm feels good. Thank you
in Livingston, NJ |
Dr Zornitzer performed Carpal Surgery on me, and I found his friendliness, compassion and thorough explanation of what was to transpire to be top notch. From the moment I entered the surgical facility until I left, I was impressed with all of the personnel and every aspect of the experience.
in Livingston, NJ |
he excellent he explain everything really well what could go wrong and the benefits . I feel he straight forward .Staff set up the surgery around my time which was great.I had carpel tunnel done ,cysts removed,tigger finger was not bad at all very little scaring .I would differently refer people to him in fact i have !!!
Have you seen Dr. Matthew H. Zornitzer, MD?
Are you Dr. Zornitzer?

Compare Dr. Zornitzer

Orthopedic Hand Surgery
West Orange, NJ 07052

Narrow your results

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• Distal Radius Fracture
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hand Pain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

• Elbow Tenotomy
  • Endoscopic Hand Surgery
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Hand and Wrist Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Tendon Repair
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Wrist Replacement

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

George Washington University / School Of Medicine and Health Sciences

Completed in 2005

Colgate University

Graduated in 1995

• New Jersey Top Doc, 2010
    • Dan A. Zlotolow, Janith Mills, Marybeth Ezaki, Peter R. Carter, Robert J. Goitz, Matthew Zornitzer. Epiphyseal Osteochondroma of the upper limb: a report of 6 cases. Poster presentation, AAOS Meeting 2006, Chicago, Illinois..

Dr. Zornitzer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Zornitzer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Zornitzer's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery
  • Board certified in Hand Surgery and Orthopedic Surgery

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Zornitzer

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Zornitzer's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Zornitzer

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Zornitzer's Care Philosophy