Dr. Matthew Wilson, MD

Neurosurgery ·  Male · Age 48

Dr. Wilson

Dr. Matthew Wilson, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Tucson, AZ and has been practicing for 20 years. He graduated from Tulane University School Of Medicine in 1999 and specializes in neurosurgery.

Make an appointment

Dr. Wilson accepts

Dr. Wilson accepts the following insurance:

Tucson HMOx

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Check Dr. Wilson's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Wilson's Top Procedures and Conditions

Low Back Pain

Dr. Wilson treats Low Back Pain more than 92% of his peers

Dr. Wilson treats this condition more than 92% of his peers

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Wilson treats Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 89% of his peers

Dr. Wilson treats this condition more than 89% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Brachial Neuritis

• Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Epilepsy
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty

4.4

Dr. Wilson?
Dr. Wilson's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Matthew Wilson, MD
this guy is the worst back wrecker in town!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 surgeries and in worse pain then ever.USE CAUTION!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Wilson, MD?
I can’t say enough about Dr. Wilson he gave me a second chance at life. I had lower lumbar fusion L4, L5, and S1. I didn’t want to have surgery because I was so afraid of what could go wrong but I knew I could not have a life with that level of pain. Dr. Wilson talked me through every step of the procedure and he showed me my CT scan and explained it so I could understand what happened to my body and why He recommended I have the surgery. My life is so much better now. Thank you Dr. Wilson.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Wilson, MD?
Dr. Wilson is amazing he exceeded my expectations in explaining my MRI and CT. His bed manors were exceptional.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Wilson, MD?
5 minute apt. Never went over mri results with me. Said go to physical therapy for 6 weeks 3 times a week and steroids up my spine if that does not work then come back. 2nd opinion, urgent surgery needed as it was not even the correct nerve Dr Wilson had suggested and waiting would have caused further damage that may have been irreversible. I have seen so many doctor through the years and have played this insurance game so many times. Before cortisone shots read what the FDA says .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Wilson, MD?
In April of 2016, Dr. Wilson performed a total lumbar fusion of my spine. Because I had had two previous lumbar fusions (two vertebrae each of 2004 and 2006) by a surgeon not affiliated with Western Neuro, he had to contend with a lot of scar tissue, which complicated the surgery. However, Dr. Wilson, by his surgical expertise, was able to overcome the difficulties that presented, resulting in a 100% successful surgery and recovery. I now have no lower back pain. I highly recommend Dr. Wilson.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Wilson, MD?
Dr. Wilson has been extremely patient, thorough and helpful. My sister needs a second brain surgery and we have been anxiously evaluating the possibility of moving to the mayo clinic because of their in'surgery MRI. Dr. Wilson proactively initiated all the paperwork despite it being New Year's day. He has followed up with us to explain all aspects and address all our concerns. He has calmed our fears with his kind and clear explanations. Absolutely recommend him-he honestly cares for his patient
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Wilson, MD?
Dr Wilson was very friendly answered all our questions very professional, honest, took the time to make sure to let us know what options we have. Excellent Dr and his staff as well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Wilson, MD?
Caring, not rushed, care and treatment. He has my complete trust
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Wilson, MD?
I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR. WILSON TO FAMILY AND FRIENDS!! I FEEL I COULD NOT HAVE FOUND A BETTER SURGEON ANYWHERE. HE HAS A GREAT BEDSIDE MANNER AND THAT IS HARD TO FIND THESE DAYS. HE'LL TAKE THE TIME TO TALK TO HIS PATIENT AND TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS THEY MAY HAVE.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Wilson, MD?
My husband and I visited Dr Wilson for some nerve and neck issues. I was impressed with his knowledge and his listen, he puts you at ease and you can see the compassion and care he takes with his patience. Dr Wilson made recommendations to a pain center for injections. His front staff was very helpful with contacts and insured paperwork was forwarded so we would not experience any delays. Extended thanks to Patty for all her support and help.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Wilson, MD?
He is very knowledgeable and an excellent surgeon. Will not push anything on you that you don't nee
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Wilson, MD?
Excellent interaction. Works with patient needs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Wilson, MD?
Dr. Wilson is very professional, listened to my concerns, respected my decisions, explained my MRI results (lumbar stenosis), and performed my surgery (bilateral L4-L5 hemi-laminectomy). Dr. Wilson and his medical team were great with follow-up. I was glad that he talked to my friend (my surgery coach) after my surgery before I got out of post-op. I am really grateful to him and his medical team. I feel very confident in Dr. Wilson. AND, my back and leg pain is GONE!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Wilson, MD?
Dr. Wilson did my Fusion about 6 months ago. I can not say enough great things about him. First of all, my back is doing remarkably well. You can tell Dr. Wilson generally cares about his patients, and leaves no questions unanswered. He is a professional and he can be trusted with any neurosurgical needs. I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Wilson, MD?
Top neurosurgeon in Tucson, I've been to many and no one comes close to Dr. Wilson. Very caring and compassionate. Easy to talk to. Takes his time and very thorough. Would highly recommend to my family and friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Wilson, MD?
Very knowledgeable and easy to talk to. Seems like he cares.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Wilson, MD?
I Had Surgery in my Neck By This Person and My Life was Ruined, Major Nerve Damage, Burning Pain in my Neck and Right Hand and Arm, I was Told i Had to Live with it, Nothing Can be Done To Repair Damage done by This Person, Had to Go on Disability, on my Last Visit This Person Laughed while i,m in Serious Pain and Made some Very Ignorant Comments about My Injuries , Think About it, It Can Happen to Anybody,
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Wilson, MD?
The orthopedic surgeon who replaced my knee told me there was only on neurosurgeon in Tuscon he would allow to do surgery on his back - Dr Matthew Wilson. On August 13, 2015 Dr Wilson fused vertebrae in my back. Dr Wilson made a major surgery a breeze. He is dead honest, which I appreciate. His bedside manner is delightful. I love his sense of humor. Dr Wilson is indeed the only surgeon I would allow to do surgery on my back. He is terrific!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Wilson, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Wilson?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Wilson treats patients.

Compare Providers