Dr. Matthew Willsey, DO

Hand and Upper Extremity SurgeryMaleAge 45

Dr. Willsey

Aurora Sheboygan Clinic

2414 Kohler Memorial Dr Sheboygan, WI 53081

Dr. Matthew Willsey, DO is a Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery Specialist in Sheboygan, WI and has over 14 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Willsey has more experience with Hand/Wrist than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Midwestern University / Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine / Midwestern University medical school in 2007. He is affiliated with Aurora Sheboygan Memorial Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Willsey to book an appointment.

Compare with other Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Willsey with our nearby Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery Specialists at Prevea Health.

Make an appointment at Prevea Health today at (920) 309-5418.

These providers are on the medical staff of Prevea Health.

Dr. Willsey's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Willsey

Dr. Willsey?
  • Office environment (40)
  • Appointment scheduling (38)
  • Listened & answered questions (37)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (5)
  • Appointment was rushed (4)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (3)
Great surgeon! Great bedside manner! He asked if he could say a prayer before surgery, greatly appreciated. Dr. Willsey repaired my rotator cuff and did an excellent job. I highly recommend him!!
Debrah L Mueller – Jan 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Willsey, DO?
Dr Willsey did a basal joint surgery on my hand in July. I felt very confident with him as my surgeon. The care was excellent.
Nov 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Willsey, DO?
I had bilateral carpal tunnel release with Dr. Willsey. I couldn't have asked for a better surgeon. Not only my hands are feeling AMAZINGLY better since surgery, his bedside manner, his full explanation of everything before and after surgery was extremely helpful. He took the time to full explain it all without rushing me in and out of his office. I would and DID HIGHLY recommend Dr. Willsey to family and friends.
Renee' – Nov 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Willsey, DO?
Very competent friendly punctual doctor!
CR SK – Aug 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Willsey, DO?
Dr. Willsey, his Staff at the Clinic and at the Plymouth Surgery Center and the Hand OT’s are all top notch. Dr. Willsey gives good advice and is an excellent surgeon. I had bone on bone arthritis in one shoulder and both thumbs causing me great pain. Two other doctors told me I needed shoulder and thumb surgeries. Dr. Willsey reviewed my symptoms and range of motion in my shoulder, and recommended that I do not have surgery and instead, utilize PT, message and exercise to maintain the use of my shoulder at this time, as I would likely have a less than satisfactory surgical outcome. With proper care, my shoulder has only had minimal pain for the last several years. Unfortunately, for my thumbs, due to an undiagnosed hyper-mobility condition, the first surgeries in my thumbs failed. Fortunately, Dr. Willsey was able to perform second surgeries in both thumbs to return them to normal use without pain.
Wayne Pilz - Plymouth WI – Jul 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Willsey, DO?
I had Dr. Willsey for my surgeon when I fell and broke my hip, so had no prior knowledge of him. He was very knowledgeable and did an excellent job with the surgery. I have seen him several times for follow up and he is very thorough and has helped me get more therapy and even did an x-ray check on my knee which wasn't injured but caused pain. Dr. Willsey always asked me questions about my recovery and how things were going and listened to me when I explained things or asked questions. I would definitely see him again if I need an orthopedic surgeon.
Chris Andrews – Feb 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Willsey, DO?
I am a retired RN who had worked in surgical services for two Aurora hospitals over the last 24 years. Dr. Willsey performed total shoulder replacement surgery on both of my shoulders and carpal tunnel release on my left side over the last 6 months. I knew and respected him professionally before becoming his patient. I am thoroughly impressed with the care I received and the outcomes of my surgeries. He is extremely knowledgeable and great at explaining options and treatment modalities. His staff is also wonderful to work with; especially Sharon. She was always available to answer questions and expedite care. When I was having an issue with pre-authorization, she personally followed through and got things straightened out. I recommend Dr. Willsey and his staff, as well as the surgical and nursing staff at ASMMC without reservation.
Sue Bochte in Green Bay, WI – Jan 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Willsey, DO?
I have had 2 surgeries performed by Dr. Willsey, thumb reconstruction and most recently shoulder surgery. Dr. Willsey explained the procedures to me very thoroughly and answered all my questions. Made me feel at ease going into the procedure. Upon my request he said a prayer prior going into surgery, this was most meaningful to me and family members. He truly is a five star physician, who places the well being of the total patient first. Thank you Dr. Willsey
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Jodi L Van Dixhorn – Jan 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Willsey, DO?
Dr willsey performed Carpel tunnel release surgery on both my hands last year, not only did I receive almost instant relief, but the scars healed do well that you can’t even tell where the incisions were made. He was very easy to talk to, took the time to answer any questions or concerns I had and put my mind at ease on day of surgery.
Adele – Jan 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Willsey, DO?
Dr. Willsey is very friendly, and he explains pending treatment(s) thoroughly. He also has a positive attitude, which is definitely a plus. He has inspired, and earned my trust in the half-dozen or so times I have had encounters with him - in his office as well as in the operating room.
Tim Potochnik – Sep 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Willsey, DO?
Dr. Willsey and his staff were excellent to work with. Dr. Willsey performed Basal Joint Arthritis Correction Surgery on Both my right and left thumbs (3 months between surgeries). He took the time to explain everything that was involved so I went into both surgeries relaxed and knowing what to expect afterward. Would I recommend Dr. Willsey, Absolutely! So much so that my husband is now making an appointment to have his trigger fingers fixed.
Karen Lutze in Sheboygan, WI – Jun 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Willsey, DO?
Honest, caring, with very good bedside manner. I was totally satisfied after the surgery as well as during therapy.
Vicki Pitsch in Sheboygan, WI – Mar 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Willsey, DO?
Dr Willsey allowed me to get back into my Ironman training routine quickly after a severe wrist injury. He understood my training regimen and helped craft a recovery plan catered to my needs.
Sheboygan, WI – Jan 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Willsey, DO?
I had a total shoulder replacement done three months ago by Dr. Willsey. According to him, I am young for that type of surgery and, according to him, that has assisted with my healing. I could not be more pleased with every aspect of the surgery and recovery. I was originally told that I would probably have to go to Physical Therapy for three or four months. I was discharged from PT after a month and a half. Dr. Willsey has been great with every aspect of the process, from beginning to now.
Joe Balcaitis in Sheboygan WI – Feb 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Willsey, DO?
I personally would give a high recommendation to anyone in need of Orthopedic Surgery. Not only would I give that recommendation but during the occupational therapy the “Hand Specialists” I saw not only praised his work but one said if I ever had to have Orthopedic Surgery, I would not want to go to anyone else.
David TeWinkel in Plymouth, WI – Nov 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Willsey, DO?
Dr. Willsey is an excellent surgeon and doctor. He listens well and answers any and all questions. I was very pleased with the outcome of my surgeries.
Milwaukee, WI – Nov 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Willsey, DO?
I had total shoulder replacement done by Dr. Willsey and his staff. Six weeks after surgery I have only compliments for the results and level of care I have had. The pain from the surgery was very minimal and my quality of life has been greatly improved. Dr. Willsey has done an excellent job of communicating and explaining everything about my care. Excellent Dr.!
Mike Coenen in Sheboygan, WI – Jul 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Willsey, DO?
Very bad experience and a bad outcome on surgery recovery. He doesn't know if feeling will come back. Worst feeling than before surgery.
Sheboygan, WI – Jul 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Willsey, DO?
Dr Willsey is professional and very competent. I had my shoulder replaced by him in February of 2017. He took the time to explain and answer all of my many questions never making me feel rushed or that I was taking too much of his time. He and his staff have become friends not just care givers. Thank you for making this experience as stress free as possible.
Pamela Pollock in Sheboygan, WI – May 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Willsey, DO?
Dr. Willsey did both my right and left thumb joint replacements plus carpal tunnel. He did an amazing job. As of today I finished my second thumb joint recovery after 12 weeks. Things are going great. I had my right thumb done on 5/18/16. As of today i no longer live with daily pain that I had before having this done. I want to thank him and his staff as they were truly caring, answered all my questions and are very helpful. I would highly recommend him if you are in need of this.
Laura Schneider in Sheboygan, WI – Mar 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Willsey, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. Willsey?

Taking the time to listen and communicate with patients is essential. I use a conservative approach with many nonoperative treatments to offer as well...Read more

• Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery