Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Matthew Vicinanzo, MD
Dr. Matthew Vicinanzo, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Birmingham, AL. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 17 years.

1000 19th St S

Birmingham, AL 35205

• American Republic
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • POMCO Group

Learn about Dr. Vicinanzo

Dr. Vicinanzo's Experience

Dr. Vicinanzo's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dry Eyes

• Repair of Brow Ptosis and Blepharoptosis
  • Repair of Entropion or Ectropion
  • Repair of Lid Retraction
  • Tear Duct Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

• SUNY Upstate Medical University (Syracuse)
    Medical School | Graduated 2000
  • Ny Hospital Med Center Of Queens
  • Vanderbilt University Med Center

Dr. Vicinanzo has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Vicinanzo does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Vicinanzo and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Vicinanzo's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Vicinanzo to family and friends
Dr. Vicinanzo's Performance
in Gadsden, AL |
My office visits and the surgery that Dr. Vicinanzo performed on my eyes were excellent. Dr. Vicinanzo has a cute personality and made me feel very comfortable with his care. I feel that he is very honest and will tell you the truth about needing a surgery. I have never had a surgery that went as well. His office staff is outstanding and were always very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend Dr, Vicinanzo to anyone that is looking for an excellent surgeon.
in AL |
Dr. Vic did Mohs surgery and a skin craft on the corner of my eye. My eye has healed better than I could have imagined. He is truly a gifted surgeon with a great personality. I highly recommend him!
Pell City, AL |
Wonderful doctor with a good "bedside" manner. I'm happy with the results of my eyelid surgery.
in Homewood , Alabama |
I would like to thank Matthew G. Vicinanzo, M.D. for restoring AhmariJ. This was a scary road but God had a plain before this all began. The staff is wonderful and they took care if our son. With out the proper work this injury that was a attack on AhmariJ life was very serious the doctor and his staff was here all the way can’t say enough about s doctor like this my family will be for ever great full for every thing Dr. Vic thank you so much
in Mobile, Al |
Hilarious. Kind. Warm. Accommodating. He is great at explaing things. He sings songs at my appointments and shows me YouTube videos!
Madison, AL |
Dr. Vic is a great Surgeon, with a great bedside manner, very rare today. He fixed my eye with no complications, that is great in of itself.
in Pensacola, FL |
My surgery was on April 28 2017 and it went well, I feel Blessed and Fortunate to have had Dr. Vicinanzo for my doctor, from my first appointment to the last. My hospital care was excellent. Dr. Vic staff is great, he's very Knowledable and cares about his patients. I would Highly recommend Dr. Vic.
MAYLENE |
After months of my left eye draining down my face, Dr. Vic explained how he could open my blocked tear ducts. He made it all sound relatively simple and was very reassuring as he answered my questions. He didn't make me feel rushed nor pressed to have treatment. The day of surgery, he stopped by before and after to visit me, making sure I was comfortable. The tears immediately began to drain normally! A month later he removed the tube and all is still well. I highly recommend Dr. Vic!
in Mobile, Al |
Most helpful, thoughtful, hilarious, kind, reassuring and educated doctor I have ever had! He makes me excited to go to the doctor and makes me not want to leave.
Dr. Vicinanzo gave me excellent care. He has a great bedside manner, a good sense of humor. Most of all, he knows what he is doing. He eviscerated, or removed most of my painful eye. I did very well from day one. More than anything, I appreciated his up to date knowledge.
in Tuscaloosa, AL |
I feel incredibly fortunate to have been referred to Dr. Viciananzo, and subsequently having him as an integral part of my medical team during a stressful and traumatic medical event. He is fabulous! Wait time for appointments is minimal, I never felt rushed during my appointments, he answered all of my questions and made me feel as though he genuinely cared not only about my physical health, but mental health as well. I can't say enough good things about the quality of care I received.
in TUSCALOOSA, alabama |
Very professional. Excellent at what he does. I was very pleased, and happy with the results of my eye surgery! I would recommend him to anybody I know with eye problems.
in Birmingham, AL |
I highly recommend Dr Vic. He is an excellent surgeon, has a very comfortable bedside manner and is highly respected among his staff and peers. He was recommended by my optometrist and a prior patient. So glad I choose him for my eye surgery, and am very pleased with the results. Thank you Dr Vic and staff!
in Montgomery, AL |
I would highly recommend Dr. Vic. I had eye surgery on 5/27/16 and Dr. Vic did an awesome job. He is very knowledgeable in his field. Has a great bed side manner and truly cares about his patients. He is the best!
in Montgomery, AL |
After reading other's response, all I can add is yes, yes & yes. Dr. Vic has a unique gift of talent and care for each patient. His professionalism is first rate, his medical expertise is excellent and he is honest. And I would also add he has a very good, attentive staff. For example, I called with a question, and he returned my call personally within 10 minutes. You just can't expect more. Thanks Dr. Vic..
in Birmingham, AL |
From check in to surgery to recovery and to discharge, I received impeccable care! Dr. Vicinanzo and staff epitomize what true Professional care should be! By the way, he could teach a class to any surgical group on bedside manner and considering the patients' questions and concerns, before and after the surgical process. Truly a unique experience that deserves recognition!
in Birmingham, AL |
I was treated respectively, kindly and timely during each of my visits. Dr. Vic. Listened to my concerns, addressed them and assured me that he could resolve my problems with my eyes. I am very satisfied with the results of the surgery he preformed. I would definitely recommend him to my friends and family.
in Prattville, AL |
Dr. Vic does amazing work. He has a genuine concern for his patients, incredible attention to detail and a great bedside manner. I would recommend Dr. Vicinanzo to anyone having a Mohs procedure around the eye area. His staff was polite and attentive as well.
Birmingham, AL |
As a physician, I have sent many other patients to him. Always excellent work. This time, it was me who needed him. Can't say enough about how much he has helped me.
Have you seen Dr. Matthew Vicinanzo, MD?
Are you Dr. Vicinanzo?