Dr. Matthew Tomaino, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery •  Male • Age 60

Dr. Tomaino

Tomaino Orthopedics

1445 Portland Ave Ste 201 Rochester, NY 14621

Dr. Matthew Tomaino, MD is a Orthopedic Hand Surgery Specialist in Rochester, NY. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Tomaino to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Orthopedic Hand Surgery Specialists in your area

See similar Orthopedic Hand Surgery Specialists in Rochester

• Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

Dr. Tomaino accepts

Dr. Tomaino accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Dr. Tomaino treats this condition more than 79% of his peers

Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist

Dr. Tomaino treats Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist more than 70% of his peers

Dr. Tomaino treats this condition more than 70% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Osteoarthritis of Wrist

• Clavicle Fracture
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Hand Fracture
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Trigger Finger
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Wrist Fracture

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Matthew Tomaino, MD...

Offer weekend visits?

Offer an online patient portal?

Offer evening visits?

Have free onsite parking?

Communicate via email?

Dr. Tomaino's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Tomaino

4.3

Dr. Tomaino?
I was so awe struck by my experience at Dr. Tomaino's practice. I went there in lots of pain from the arthritis in both basal thumbs. He and wife Amy, the NP were so gentle and kind. It was not at all like the "normal" institutional type if doctor office visit. He is extremely knowledgeable and gave me options and a strategy to get through my arthritis pain. If you have a problem with your hand go see him asap. My expectation for doctoring has reached a new level. Unfortunately I know nothing will come close to Dr. Tomaino.
Jul 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Tomaino, MD?
Dr. Tomaino and his staff are the best at what they do. Clean friendly environment and great doctor patient interaction. He was able to explain my injury effectively so I knew exactly what to expect with my surgery. The after care is spot on from the recommendation of Physical Therapy to follow up visits. HIGHLY pleased and surgery was a success. Would recommend Dr. Tomaino to anyone looking for the kind of professionalism that is so sorely missing in todays world. 5 STARS and a huge THANK YOU.
Carleen – Feb 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Tomaino, MD?
I was able to schedule an appointment the same week that I called and was seen within five minutes of my arrival to the office. Dr Tomaino was knowledgeable and personable. He explained the condition very well and managed it effectively. In addition his office charged considerably less for a similar problem I had earlier in the year when I went to Orthopedic urgent care.
Lynn A. – Jul 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Tomaino, MD?
From my very first visit I was impressed with the warm and friendly staff, clean environment. I found both Dr Tomaino and his wife Amy to be very knowledgable and took outstanding care of me! I highly recommend Dr.Tomaino!!
Elaine Civilett – Jun 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Tomaino, MD?
Dr. Tomiano has performed three different surgeries on me thus far. Soon to have the fourth. I would highly recommend him for hand and arm corrective surgery. A wonderful man who knows what he is doing!
Jamie in Penfield, NY – Jun 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Tomaino, MD?
This is one of the cleanest offices I've ever been in. The wait time was less than a minute from my appointment time. The P.A. was super nice, attentive, and helpful. Dr. Tomaino is also one of the nicest doctors I have ever seen. I've been dealing with my issue for 6-7 months and Dr. Tomaino knew exactly what was going on and how to start treatment for it. 100% would reccomend to anyone with an orthopedic problem.
Bay in Rochester, NY – Jun 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Tomaino, MD?
Dr. Tomanio talks to you, not at you. Explains everything. Very comfortable environment. Staff is knowledgeable and friendly. He did an amazing job fixing my shoulder.
Lou Ann in Bolivar, NY – Nov 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Tomaino, MD?
I would recommend Dr Tomaino to any one. Dr Tomaino and his staff are the best at what they do. They made me feel comfortable and confident about every part of the process. They listen and are always available to support your needs and questions. I was able to return to work in construction because of Dr Tomanio and his staff. The care and recommendations for post surgery were also great ( p/t and o/t ). I wouldn't be where I'm at today if I hadn't chosen Dr Tomaino and his staff .
Marty Marron in Rochester, New York – Jul 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Tomaino, MD?
I can't say enough good things about Dr. Tomaino and his whole staff!
Wendy C. in Geneseo, NY – Jun 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Tomaino, MD?
Tomaino Orthopedics was a very pleasing experience. Amy, Bonnie and Lisa the doctors staff are highly trained and very personable. The staff all knows who you are and are very efficient in all levels of care. Dr Tomaino is also very personable and thorough with his care and a highly respected talented surgeon. Its is wonderful being treated as an individual . I would rate my experience a five star! Carol Bonczek
Carol Bonczek in rochester ny – May 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Tomaino, MD?
Dr. Tomaino is a miracle worker! I have lived with numbness and pain for five plus years, and in a matter of hours after my surgery, it was nearly gone. It has only been two weeks since the surgery and I am already 100 percent better than before surgery and I am more still healing. Anybody out there looking to have surgery for your hands, or shoulders, look no further! There is no better.
Joe t. in Ontario, NY – Mar 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Tomaino, MD?
I had a very pleasant experience with everyone at Dr. Tomaino's office. Everyone that I met was so professional and treated me like I was their #1 priority. Dr. Tomaino was very thorough and knowledgeable of my injury. He took ample time with me and explained my diagnoses of my wrist and hand pain. Not many doctors take the time to explain everything like Dr. Tomaino did. I did not feel rushed and D. Tomaino made sure all my questions were answered before I left.
Hilton, NY – Mar 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Tomaino, MD?
The surgeon that I was originally referred to told me that nothing could be done for my shoulder except surgery due to a tear. x-rays were taken as well as an MRI. Dr.Tomaino gave me a cortisone shot and sent me to therapy. After six weeks my shoulder feels great! I still do my exercises every day but hopefully I won't need surgery. If I do need surgery it will be micro-surgery. I can't thank Dr. Tomaino enough from saving me from a painful operation and a long recovery. He is great!
Beverly Loiacono in Bergen, NY – Nov 14, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Tomaino, MD?
I WAS DR TOMANO'S FIRST PATIENT AFTER GOING ON HIS OWN. HE REPLACED MY LEFT SHOULDER. I COULD NOT RAISE MY ARM ABOVE MY CHEST. ABOUT THREE WEEKS AFTER SURGERY & EXCELLENT THERAPY, MY SHOULDER STARTED WORKING BETTER THAN BEFORE. IN NO TIME AT ALL I GAINED 100% USE OF MY ARM AGAIN. DR. TOMANO'S KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS ARE SUPERIOR . I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM TO EVERYONE I TALK TO. MY RIGHT SHOULDER IS NEARLY DUE FOR SURGERY & YOU CAN BE ASSURED IT WILL BE DONE BY DR. MATT CAN BET IT WILL BE DONE BY
RICHARD J. STEIN in DANSVILLE, NY – Jul 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Tomaino, MD?
My first experience, by far exceeded my expectations. It was the absolute best experience I've ever had at any doctor's office. Dr.Tomaino and every single person in that office were beyond personable, friendly, caring, thorough, and knowledgeable........simply a wonderful experience !
Angie D'Accursio in Rochester, NY – Jan 22, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Tomaino, MD?
Dr. Tomaino and his wife along with all his staff is the best there is. They preformed shoulder surgery on my right shoulder and I can say that I have less pain than I did before the surgery and it's only been 3 weeks since I had the surgery. I could not be more thankful for there great service. A big thanks to the Tomaino's!
Daniel Wilson in Dansville, NY – Jan 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Tomaino, MD?
Saw Doctor Tomaino for a wrist injury. Doctor Tomaino is very thorough and has a wonderful bed side manner. The staff is friendly and the wait is minimal. Not only would I recommend him but I have. My father, wife and my youngest son have all seen Doctor Tomaino and all share my high opinion of him!!
Scott C in Rochester, NY – Dec 25, 2015
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Tomaino, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Tomaino?

We don't view patient reviews and feedback as either right or wrong but, rather, always absolutely valid. We feel that reviews are about how you felt about your interaction with us so we want to know. Our offering is constantly crafted to provide not only a great outcome, but one that exceeds your expectations. You will have access to Dr Tomaino 24/7 via phone and or email.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• Hand Surgery

Strong Mem Hsp University Rochester
1991
Strong Meml Hosp Univ of Rochester

Common Questions and Answers

• Does Dr. Tomaino communicate via email?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Tomaino offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Tomaino offer an online patient portal?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Tomaino have free onsite parking?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Tomaino offer weekend visits?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Tomaino offer evening visits?

Please call the office to learn more. (585) 922-9300