Dr. Matthew M. Tomaino, MD

Dr. Matthew M. Tomaino, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 56 years old

We don't view patient reviews and feedback as either right or wrong but, rather, always absolutely valid. We feel that reviews are about how you felt about your interaction with us so we want to know. Our offering is constantly crafted to provide not only a great outcome, but one that exceeds your expectations. You will have access to Dr Tomaino 24/7 via phone and or email.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Tomaino's Experience

See how Dr. Tomaino's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Tomaino

Dr. Tomaino's Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (31)
Dr. Tomaino Says:

in Bergen, NY |
The surgeon that I was originally referred to told me that nothing could be done for my shoulder except surgery due to a tear. x-rays were taken as well as an MRI. Dr.Tomaino gave me a cortisone shot and sent me to therapy. After six weeks my shoulder feels great! I still do my exercises every day but hopefully I won't need surgery. If I do need surgery it will be micro-surgery. I can't thank Dr. Tomaino enough from saving me from a painful operation and a long recovery. He is great!
in DANSVILLE, NY |
I WAS DR TOMANO'S FIRST PATIENT AFTER GOING ON HIS OWN. HE REPLACED MY LEFT SHOULDER. I COULD NOT RAISE MY ARM ABOVE MY CHEST. ABOUT THREE WEEKS AFTER SURGERY & EXCELLENT THERAPY, MY SHOULDER STARTED WORKING BETTER THAN BEFORE. IN NO TIME AT ALL I GAINED 100% USE OF MY ARM AGAIN. DR. TOMANO'S KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS ARE SUPERIOR . I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM TO EVERYONE I TALK TO. MY RIGHT SHOULDER IS NEARLY DUE FOR SURGERY & YOU CAN BE ASSURED IT WILL BE DONE BY DR. MATT CAN BET IT WILL BE DONE BY
in Rochester, NY |
My first experience, by far exceeded my expectations. It was the absolute best experience I've ever had at any doctor's office. Dr.Tomaino and every single person in that office were beyond personable, friendly, caring, thorough, and knowledgeable........simply a wonderful experience !
in Dansville, NY |
Dr. Tomaino and his wife along with all his staff is the best there is. They preformed shoulder surgery on my right shoulder and I can say that I have less pain than I did before the surgery and it's only been 3 weeks since I had the surgery. I could not be more thankful for there great service. A big thanks to the Tomaino's!
in Rochester, NY |
Saw Doctor Tomaino for a wrist injury. Doctor Tomaino is very thorough and has a wonderful bed side manner. The staff is friendly and the wait is minimal. Not only would I recommend him but I have. My father, wife and my youngest son have all seen Doctor Tomaino and all share my high opinion of him!!
Have you seen Dr. Matthew M. Tomaino, MD?
Are you Dr. Tomaino?

Compare Dr. Tomaino

Dr. Tomaino says...

Dr Tomaino founded the Tomaino Orthopaedic Care for Shoulder, Hand and Elbow LLC in July 2008 after 15 years in full time academic practice to prioritize patient care and enable superb delivery thereof. His practice provides unparalleled hassle-free access to the highest level of expertise and innovation, where he and his team challenge the status quo and resist mediocrity daily.

He is uniquely qualified.

Dr Tomaino was Professor of Orthopaedics and Chief of the Division of Hand Shoulder and Elbow Surgery at the University of Rochester Medical Center from September 2002 - April 2007. Before being recruited back to Rochester--where he grew up and attended McQuaid Jesuit High School-- he served as an Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery and Chief of Microsurgery at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. While at the University of Pittsburgh, he received his Masters in Business from the Katz School.

Author of more than 150 scientific articles and book chapters related to Hand Shoulder and Elbow problems and their treatment, he has trained numerous residents and fellows, and regularly delivers instructional lectures internationally and nationally. He is also a member of the Editorial Boards of several Journals including the Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery and the American Journal of Orthopaedics.

Dr. Tomaino routinely asks for and is responsive to feedack about your care experience. This commitment has resulted in a truly exceptional offering.

Dr. Tomaino's Care Philosophy

We don't view patient reviews and feedback as either right or wrong but, rather, always absolutely valid. We feel that reviews are about how you felt about your interaction with us so we want to know. Our offering is constantly crafted to provide not only a great outcome, but one that exceeds your expectations. You will have access to Dr Tomaino 24/7 via phone and or email.

Dr. Tomaino says...

What's unique goes beyond past experience and training. Dr Tomaino is committed to continuous education---so his practice truly reflects a never ending journey to be exceptional at what he does.

Dr. Tomaino says...

Having published extensively, taught as a professor at two major medical centers, and having lectured around the globe, I have been able to learn about surgical technique from the worlds best surgeons. This has enabled me to hone my technical skills so that I can provide the best care possible in terms of procedures.

Dr. Tomaino says...

Dr. Tomaino's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Hand Surgery and Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Sanctions found

No malpractice history found for New York.

Sanction

Dr. Tomaino has received 1 sanction

• Disciplinary action in another state (2/19/2013)
    • Action Taken: Probation
    • Summary: Dr. Matthew Michael Tomaino; License # MD051421L; NATURE OF COMPLAINT: The physician had disciplinary action taken against his license by the licensing authority of New York. ACTION TAKEN: The Pennsylvania Board of Medicine indefinitely suspended the physician's license. The Board stayed the suspension and placed the physician on probation until the physician's New York license is reinstated without restriction. The Board also imposed a $10,000. civil penalty.
    • State: Pennsylvania

• Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Fracture
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hand Injury
  • Hand Pain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Subacromial Bursitis
  • Systemic Sclerosis
  • Tendonitis
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Trigger Finger

University Of Pittsburgh / Main Campus

Completed in 2002

University Of Toronto / Faculty Of Medicine

Completed in 1994

Dr. Tomaino does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tomaino and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Arm Surgery
  • Wrist Reconstruction
  • Wrist Replacement
  • Wrist Surgery

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.