Dr. Matthew Swick, MD

Dr. Matthew Swick, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
31 reviews

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

My philosophy for patient care has been to provide the ultimate care I am capable of. I completed fellowship training in sports medicine and fellowship training in foot and ankle surgery so I could assuredly deliver the type of care I would expect my family members to receive. I frequently tell patients that I will treat their shoulder, knee, or ankle as if it were my own. I enjoy a high success of treating many Orthopaedic problems non-operatively, with the confidence to treat surgically when needed.Read more

Dr. Swick's Experience

See how Dr. Swick's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Swick

Dr. Swick accepts 7 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Swick has admitting privileges.

Dr. Swick's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Swick to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Swick's Performance
in St Petersburg, FL |
One year ago! Dr. Swick did a 7 hour surgery on my leg. I totally shattered my bones. I can't express the gratitude I have for Him! Best Othopaedic surgeon you would ever want! I'm walking! Great care and great staff!
in St Petersburg, FL |
HOWEVER, he failed to tell me about the possibility of a post-injection cortisone flare. BIG OWIE! Came on fast, scared the bejesus outta me. Until I learned what was going on and what to do. It didn't ladt too long, a couple hours. Sure would have been less upsetting to have been pre-warned. Dr. Swick- talk to your patients more, m-kay?
in Largo, FL |
Dr Swick is an extremely pleasant, caring doctor. He is very professional and a good surgeon. He did ankle reconstruction for me. The surgery went smoothly with hardly any pain after surgery or currently, three years after surgery. The staff at the clinic were all very pleasant.
in St Petersburg, FL |
Wow! After 4 years of suffering and 3 botch jobs on my foot Dr Swick is giving me my life back. After my botch job I had to be very careful. He is the most current with technique thus why I had success. He cares. Isent surgery happy for more $ he will do the best thing for you. Will sit with you and discuss before and after expectations so if u wait a bit when it's your turn you are 100% his. I'm a nurse he's the best around and all in healthcare go to him. If you want hope to get better go
in Palm Harbor, FL |
I broke my tibea-fibea plateau in my left leg December 2014. Very critical surgery to repair was needed so the Orthapedic ER Doctors that initially saw me did not hesitate to refer me to Dr Swick. They told my sons he was the best. Dr Swick operated and put lots of hardware in my leg and watched over my recouperation for 2 years. Without Dr Swick's expertise I would not have been able to run after my grandson. He is a wonderful Dr. that cares about his patients. Thank You again. I can walk!!
in Palm Harbor , FL |
I was in a serious car accident, broke my left clavicle. Dr. Swick was amazing, he fixed me right up! He put a hook plate in which was not fun but did the job. He's is a wonderful surgeon with a great bedside manner. The best!! I would recommend him to my family and friends with rave reviews!
in Apollo Beach, FL |
Dr. Swick operated on my right ankle (fused). I had severe pain (10) for over a year when I finally went to Dr. Swick and after a complete diagnosis we tried some alternative things to avoid surgery but non were successful so we decided to do the surgery. I am know completely pain free. It was a long recovery but he told me exactly what to expect and help me through it all. He told mr if I did what he advised me to do I would be pain free and I am. Thank you Dr. Swick
in St Petersburg, FL |
Had ankle surgery , 4 screws and a plate put it. My foot was a mess ! I had EXCELLENT care from a compassionate orthopedic surgeon !!!!!!!! ( hard to find) the staff were caring and quite professional.
in St Petersburg, FL |
Dr. Swick performed surgery on my ankle. He tells you exactly what to expect for the first year after surgery, broken down to days immediately after surgery, then to weeks and months. It has been exactly as he told me it would be. He doesn't sugarcoat recovery. He answers questions and never rushed an appointment. I highly recommend him. His staff is wonderful! Everyone from check-in, being taken to the exam room, the X-ray techs, and check out people are always very nice and professional.
in St Petersburg, FL |
I couldn't have been more appreciative of Dr. Swick and his staff at All Florida Orthopaedic. His diagnosis and treatment was accurate, his manner was assuring, his interest and conversation was reassuring. Each member of the staff was pleasant from the receptionist, the x-ray technologist, to the assistant named Clare. I am grateful for each person and their kindness, I am thankful to have been the recipient of their care, and proud that my hometown has such an excellent facility.
in Saint Pete Beach, FL |
Andy Kern on Apr 25th, 2016 DR. Swick to me is a magician! I am an ex athlete, and he operated on my achilles. I had two incisions. One several inches long, and one 4 inches. They healed and you cannot see the scar unless younare looking for it. I had no pain after the medication ran out, no pain while on the medication, thus I had no pain. His bedside manner is second to none. I found him by word of mouth, and i was lucky. I have other orthopedic issues, and will travel the hour to see him,
in St Petersburg, FL |
Would recommend Dr. Swick to everybody. I finally can walk with no pain after 12 years. Kept me informed of the healing processes and was never in a hurry. An outstanding surgeon.
in St Petersburg, FL |
I feel that he was honest and up front with me about my surgery in that I knew exactly what to expect afterwards. So far so good!
Have you seen Dr. Matthew Swick, MD?
Are you Dr. Swick?

Compare Dr. Swick

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Swick at All Florida Orthopaedic Associates

Dr. Swick's Care Philosophy

Dr. Swick's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Swick has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Swick's Board Certifications

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

Atlanta Medical Center
    Atlanta Medical Center
    Middlemore Hospital (Foot-Ankle)-Auckland
    Tiangle Orthopaedics Associates

Dr. Swick does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Swick and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Non-Surgical Orthopedics