Colon & Rectal Surgery  |
Dr. Matthew Strouch, MD
Dr. Matthew Strouch, MD is a colon & rectal surgery doctor who practices in Raleigh, NC. He is 40 years old and has been practicing for 13 years. Dr. Strouch is affiliated with Rex Hospital.

Main Office

2800 Blue Ridge Rd Ste 300

Raleigh, NC 27607

Learn about Dr. Strouch

Dr. Strouch's Experience

Dr. Strouch's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Colon & Rectal Surgery

• Colon & Rectal Surgery

Dr. Strouch does not have any board certifications listed.

• Abdominal Disorders

• Colectomy
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Rectal Tumor
  • Fistulectomy or Fistulotomy, Anal
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Hernia Repair
  • Incisional Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Abdominoperineal Resection of the Rectum With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laparotomy
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Proctosigmoidopexy With Robotic Assistance
  • Rigid Proctosigmoidoscopy With Robotic Assistance
  • Sphincterotomy

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• Tufts Univ Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 2004

Dr. Strouch has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Strouch has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Strouch does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Strouch and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Strouch's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Strouch to family and friends
Dr. Strouch's Performance
Dr Strouch is a great doctor. I had rectal cancer and he had to remove the cancerous spot. He did a illestomy in January and reversed it in August. He did an amazing job. He always took the time to explain everything in details. I have never felt so confident in a doctor. I would highly recommend him to anyone. A big Thank You.
in Raleigh, NC |
Dr. Strouch gave me excellent treatment and surgical services. During the pre-surgical appointment he answered all of my questions about the need for surgery, including showing me the MRI that showed the problem with a section of my colon. He made me feel confident in him as I went into surgery. He performed the surgery one year ago. I had a quick recovery without any problems or complications for this entire year. I would highly recommend Dr. Strouch to family and friends.
Raleigh, NC |
Dr. Strouch provided expert, prompt, sympathetic and sensitive care during and after my hospitalization. He was always available for questions and requests and never appeared rushed. He took the time needed to carefully describe and explain in detail the procedure and future plans. I would recommend him highly.
in Wilson, NC |
Had a laparoscopic sigmoid colectomy two weeks ago performed by Dr. Strouch at Rex in Raleigh. I'm 66, and had a long history of chronic (sometimes severe) diverticulitis. Everything about my experience with Dr. Strouch and Rex has been outstanding. I'm ahead of schedule on recovery...only having a little incision site pain, and came home after only two nights in the hospital. Went for post-op follow up today, and have been released. I highly recommend Dr. Strouch and Rex.
in Ft Mill, SC |
This Dr and his staff are so wonderful. what a great up beat and cheerful office. Made us feel comfortable and informed.
in Raleigh, NC |
I would highly recommend Dr. Strouch. I had a resection of my colon and large intestines. About 14 inches removed. He did a great job, everything is working fine and today is day 27 since the procedure. He used the Enchanced Recovery program for me in the hospital and I was able to go home on day 3. This program does require certain actions and behavior of the patient. I was willing to take on the tasks as returning home was important to me. I had great care at Rex and feeling much better.
in Raleigh, NC |
I had to have emergency surgery for a perforation in my large intestine that made me septic. A result of the surgery was a colostomy. Dr. Strouch did the take down. He & his team were very methodical & very detailed oriented. Before the surgery I did seek the advice of another surgeon but came back to Dr. Strouch. The operation was a success!!!!! I would highly recommend him & his team.
in Raleigh, NC |
I had unexpected colon surgery in November, and Dr. Strouch was my surgeon. My situation was complicated from a diagnostic standpoint and turned out to be a bit challenging surgically. From the outset, Dr. Strouch assured me that he would take care of me, explained fully what the surgery would entail, and was there for me during issues that arose post-surgery. He and his team of Dr. Altom and Melissa Lunsford, Nurse Practitioner, were professional, empathetic, and gave me great reassurance.
Garner, NC |
I can't say enough about Dr. Strouch and team. From my initial office consult, through surgery and postop, I received nothing but the best of care. Dr. Strouch provides his vast expertise with a professional yet gentle bedside manner. He truly changed my life in a mattter of months, which I am forever grateful. Dr. Strouch and Melissa FNP, are second to none. I will recommend them every chance I get.
Raleigh, NC |
I saw Dr. Strouch over the period of a couple of months. His bedside manner is great, he takes the time to address any questions and concerns that you may have, and he is knowledgeable on the condition and the treatment. I trust Dr. Strouch with any information he may have about my condition and I would see him again instantly if necessary.
in Raleigh, NC |
When I first went to see Dr. Strouch, he immediately made me feel at ease. He listened carefully as I told him my symptoms and history with diverticulitis. He then gave me his assessment and recommendation in language I could understand. Dr. Strouch explained everything about the surgery I would need to know in a completely professional, but friendly way. I would highly recommend Dr. Strouch to anyone. He and his staff have the highest regard for the health and well-being of his patients.
in Raleigh, NC |
Outstanding experience with this incredibly talented, caring physician. My husband had a colon resection with Dr Strouch and recovered with absolutely zero complications. He actually was discharged from Rex less than 48 hours later. Dr. Strouch explained the procedure and answered each and every question with patience and a smile. Calls were returned within 15 minutes even on Christmas Eve! I highly recommend the Rex Surgical team and I'm thrilled that we chose Dr. Strouch as our surgeon! Bravo!
Moncure, NC |
The preparation was carefully planned to obtain the best results in recovery, pain management, and return to normalcy. It was my decision to have the surgery now, or to wait and see if I had recurring diverticulitis. Everything was explained in detail and helped me make the decision without pressure from the medical team. Dr. Strouch is pro-active in his care for the patient, before, during and after the procedure.
in Sanford, NC |
Worked me in on evaluating results of colonoscopy. Had to wait he reviewed concerns and scheduled prompt tests and surgery. He did excellent job had surgery late afternoon walking next day and discharged the next. Follow up was professional and good no negatives or pains Great assistant as well along with friendly staff. Hope no one ever need surgery, but if you have to have I believe he is best
Raleigh, NC |
Dr. Strouch treated my husband and did surgery. He and his team are professional, caring and have the best protocol I've ever seen. I was told about how the surgery was going and when I could see my husband. The protocol to ensure healing and recovery was amazing. What I was impressed with was that all the nurses and staff were committed to this end. My husband is doing extraordinarily well and that is because of Dr. Strouch. Rex Hospital is the best hospital.
Great doctor and surgeon! Very professional and listens well. Highly recommend him for anything in that part of the body.
in Wake Forest, NC |
Laparoscopic intestinal resection by Dr. Strouch. Initial meeting was rushed and seemed irritated by my questions. A small piece of guaze was left in during surgery leading to wound infection. Aftercare was the most concerning- didn't want to see me, had to wait a week for appt when I had an oozing incision that was opening up. Dismissed my concerns. Would never use him again. Came highly recommended by I was very disappointed.
in Wilson, NC |
Dr. Strouch is such an amazing Doctor!! I went to him because I have Chrons Disease and I needed surgery for relief from all the pain and suffering I was going through for 7 months. I had tried so many different medications and nothing was working! From the first time I met him at his office until the day he discharged me from Rex, he was amazing! Every question was answered & 3 1/2 weeks later I feel great! I was advised to quit smoking & I did! Without a doubt, I would recommend Dr. Strouch!!
in Raleigh, NC |
I was referred to Dr. Strouch by another physician who recommended him and his team highly. I had developed a very large incisional hernia at the site of a stoma that I'd had for nearly seven years and was nearing my 70th birthday which was a concern. Additionally, I had a history of cardiac issues that didn't make me the best candidate for major surgery. Under Dr. Strouch's leadership, I am home, feeling wonderful and well on the road to recovery. True professionals-highly recommended.
in Wake Forest, NC |
I had a bowel obstruction in November 2015 and an emergency partial sigmoid colectomy with a colostomy. Dr. Strouch did a take down of the colostomy in February of 2016 and I could not be more pleased. Dr Strouch was very knowledgeable and patient. He answered all my questions. I was home on Saturday after a Wednesday morning surgery with hardly any pain. He is a talented surgeon and a nice person too.
in Raleigh, NC |
Dr Strouch was professional and explained the details of the surgery during the preop appointment and he took as much time as needed to answer all questions. The day surgery he was very supportive and answered any questions I had. The surgery was very successful. He was compassionate and had a supportive bed side manner. He returned my phone calls timely with any questions I had after the surgery. I would highly recommend him as a surgeon!
in Raleigh |
I've had 3 corrective surgeries as well as 3 hospitalizations for obstructions since Dr. Strouch botched my colectomy in April 2014. I was supposed to be home within 5 days of the original procedure, but I was there 28 days. I kept complaining that something was wrong after the surgery, but Dr. Strouch blew me off. By the time he finally complied, an exploratory procedure showed I had been septic for 8 days since surgery. I almost died. Then I had a colostomy bag for a year to correct his error.
in Raleigh, NC |
I have had 4 corrective surgeries since Dr. Strouch botched my colectomy in 2014. While recovering, my condition only worsened. Despite pleas from my family & I, Dr. Strouch planned to wait 2 weeks before doing an exploratory procedure. Thank God he gave in to our demands sooner - I had a leak & was SEPTIC! They did emergency surgery & put in colostomy bag. My new surgeon who was absolutely horrified at my condition! My life has been changed forever, but I would be dead if left to Dr. Strouch!
Have you seen Dr. Matthew Strouch, MD?
Are you Dr. Strouch?