Dr. Matthew Strouch, MD
Contact provider for availability

Dr. Matthew Strouch, MD

Colon & Rectal Surgery | Male

Rex Surgical Specialists 2800 Blue Ridge Rd Ste 300, Raleigh, NC 27607 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Strouch specializes in Colon & Rectal Surgery and practices in Raleigh, NC. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Strouch? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Strouch's Experience

See how Dr. Strouch's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Strouch

Dr. Strouch accepts 7 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Strouch has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Strouch's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Strouch to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Strouch
Dr. Strouch's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (19)
Great doctor and surgeon! Very professional and listens well. Highly recommend him for anything in that part of the body.
in Wake Forest, NC |
Laparoscopic intestinal resection by Dr. Strouch. Initial meeting was rushed and seemed irritated by my questions. A small piece of guaze was left in during surgery leading to wound infection. Aftercare was the most concerning- didn't want to see me, had to wait a week for appt when I had an oozing incision that was opening up. Dismissed my concerns. Would never use him again. Came highly recommended by I was very disappointed.
in Wilson, NC |
Dr. Strouch is such an amazing Doctor!! I went to him because I have Chrons Disease and I needed surgery for relief from all the pain and suffering I was going through for 7 months. I had tried so many different medications and nothing was working! From the first time I met him at his office until the day he discharged me from Rex, he was amazing! Every question was answered & 3 1/2 weeks later I feel great! I was advised to quit smoking & I did! Without a doubt, I would recommend Dr. Strouch!!
in Raleigh, NC |
I was referred to Dr. Strouch by another physician who recommended him and his team highly. I had developed a very large incisional hernia at the site of a stoma that I'd had for nearly seven years and was nearing my 70th birthday which was a concern. Additionally, I had a history of cardiac issues that didn't make me the best candidate for major surgery. Under Dr. Strouch's leadership, I am home, feeling wonderful and well on the road to recovery. True professionals-highly recommended.
in Wake Forest, NC |
I had a bowel obstruction in November 2015 and an emergency partial sigmoid colectomy with a colostomy. Dr. Strouch did a take down of the colostomy in February of 2016 and I could not be more pleased. Dr Strouch was very knowledgeable and patient. He answered all my questions. I was home on Saturday after a Wednesday morning surgery with hardly any pain. He is a talented surgeon and a nice person too.
in Raleigh, NC |
Dr Strouch was professional and explained the details of the surgery during the preop appointment and he took as much time as needed to answer all questions. The day surgery he was very supportive and answered any questions I had. The surgery was very successful. He was compassionate and had a supportive bed side manner. He returned my phone calls timely with any questions I had after the surgery. I would highly recommend him as a surgeon!
in Raleigh |
I've had 3 corrective surgeries as well as 3 hospitalizations for obstructions since Dr. Strouch botched my colectomy in April 2014. I was supposed to be home within 5 days of the original procedure, but I was there 28 days. I kept complaining that something was wrong after the surgery, but Dr. Strouch blew me off. By the time he finally complied, an exploratory procedure showed I had been septic for 8 days since surgery. I almost died. Then I had a colostomy bag for a year to correct his error.
in Raleigh, NC |
I have had 4 corrective surgeries since Dr. Strouch botched my colectomy in 2014. While recovering, my condition only worsened. Despite pleas from my family & I, Dr. Strouch planned to wait 2 weeks before doing an exploratory procedure. Thank God he gave in to our demands sooner - I had a leak & was SEPTIC! They did emergency surgery & put in colostomy bag. My new surgeon who was absolutely horrified at my condition! My life has been changed forever, but I would be dead if left to Dr. Strouch!
Have you seen Dr. Matthew Strouch, MD?
Are you Dr. Strouch?

Compare Dr. Strouch

Colon & Rectal Surgery
Raleigh, NC 27607

Narrow your results

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.

• Colon & Rectal Surgery

• Colectomy
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Rectal Tumor
  • Fistulectomy or Fistulotomy, Anal
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Hernia Repair
  • Incisional Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Abdominoperineal Resection of the Rectum With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laparotomy
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Proctosigmoidopexy With Robotic Assistance
  • Rigid Proctosigmoidoscopy With Robotic Assistance
  • Sphincterotomy

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

Tufts Univ Sch Of Med

Graduated in 2004

Dr. Strouch has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Strouch has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Strouch does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Strouch and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Strouch's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Colon & Rectal Surgery
  • No board certification on record with Healthgrades

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Strouch

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Strouch's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Strouch

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients