Dr. Matthew Stanfield, MD

Dr. Matthew Stanfield, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

Dr. Matthew Stanfield, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Oklahoma City, OK. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 18 years. Dr. Stanfield is affiliated with Deaconess Hospital and Summit Medical Center.

Dr. Stanfield's Experience

See how Dr. Stanfield's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Stanfield

Dr. Stanfield accepts 5 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Stanfield has admitting privileges.

Dr. Stanfield's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Stanfield to family and friends
    3.6
    Dr. Stanfield's Performance
    in Oklahoma City, OK |
    I was referred to Dr.Stanfield and I never met him on my initial appointment. I saw his PA only and was referred to Dr. Trang for injections. The injections hurt me so bad that I couldn't walk for 3 weeks. At my followup appt his office blew me off, kept asking for my mri and x-rays when this was supposed to be a followup appt for my injections. They claimed they couldn't get in touch with me before my appt because I supposedly gave them a wrong number yet they had correct number.
    in Oklahoma City |
    I suffered for over 2 yrs with horrible back pain so bad I was on 3 diff blood press meds and couldn't walk but 50-75 ft before stopping to rest a minute. I could only walk humped over. I saw my reg PCP, a chiro, pain mgmt with injections and 2 diff orthopedic drs, multi X-rays, and 2 MRI's. Nobody diagnosed it correctly until seeing Dr Standfield and Bobby. They were absolutely awesome!!! After surgery I had immediate relief, rmvd from all blood press meds & could walk upright & tall again
    in Edmond, OK |
    I honestly cannot say enough good things about Dr. Stanfield. He was so helpful to us after my mother had a serious brain event. Went way beyond what was expected. He is both compassionate and knowledgeable, which is what we all want in our doctors - especially a specialist.
    in Oklahoma City |
    I saw the doctor's PA, too, and he explained my condition in terms I could understand. I was very impressed - unlike the other reviewer. He is recommending more x-rays and that I come back to talk to Dr. Stanfield. I haven't seen Dr. Stanfield yet because his PA sees patients first and determines whether you should go on to see the doctor. It's hard to find a neurologist, and I don't mind waiting 20-30 minutes.
    in Edmond, OK |
    Highly recommend. You will never leave without a thorough understanding of what is going on, and actions to correct. Dr. is extremely honest and patient driven vs profit driven.
    in Edmond, OK |
    Dr. Stanfield may be a fine surgeon. However, I have no idea because my first consult was with his PA. Whom I'm sorry to say was sadly lacking in his fact finding skills. He spent a lot of time talking about what the norm and very little time asking questions to find out if my condition fit into that norm. I was dismayed when he asked if I could trigger my pain, after I had plainly told him it was chronic, and only got worse or better depending on the day.
    in Edmond, OK |
    He does not follow up with test results as promised. No sense of patience results of tests to reschedule follow up appointments or pain meds if required if needed. Wait times in office visits are over a hour at times.
    Have you seen Dr. Matthew Stanfield, MD?
    Are you Dr. Stanfield?

Dr. Stanfield's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
    •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
    •  Malpractice claims in Oklahoma not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Oklahoma.

• Aneurysm
    • Brain Aneurysm
    • Brain Cancer
    • Broken Neck
    • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
    • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
    • Cerebrovascular Disease
    • Torticollis
    • Traumatic Brain Injury

In Univ Sch Of Med

Graduated in 1999

Dr. Stanfield does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Stanfield and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Brain Surgery
    • Carotid Ultrasound
    • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
    • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
    • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
    • Herniated Disc Surgery
    • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
    • Neuroplasty