Dr. Matthew Sorensen, DPM

Dr. Sorensen
Telehealth services available

Weil Foot & Ankle Institute, Libertyville, IL

415 W Golf Rd Ste 68 Arlington Heights, IL 60005

Dr. Matthew Sorensen, DPM is a Podiatric Surgery Specialist in Arlington Heights, IL and has over 15 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Sorensen has more experience with Ankle/Foot than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Podiatric Studies-Des Moines University-Des Moines, Iowa medical school in 2005. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Advocate Condell Medical Center and Advocate Lutheran General Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Sorensen to book an appointment.

Dr. Sorensen's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Sorensen

5.208333333333333%

Dr. Sorensen?
Dr Sorenson diagnosed and treated my plantar fasciitis in 2018. So when I had bunion problems I knew exactly where to go. I had surgery for that and a plantar plate reconstruction. He was able to run tests to see the other foot would have the same issue, so I had the other foot done in December. His staff was great to work with, especially Dan and Amanda. I have recommended him to friends.
Mar 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Sorensen, DPM?
Dr Sorenson has treated me for several foot issues last yr; toe fracture and surgery to fix a cyst in my heal. All went smoothly and no issues. The support staff is great, friendly and helpful.
Bruce Y – Mar 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Sorensen, DPM?
Dr. Sorenson is quick and concise. He knows FEET!! I've literally gotten my life back, thanks to him, I can walk again without pain.
Peter Anfang – Mar 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Sorensen, DPM?
I sought out Dr. Sorensen's opinion regarding both of my feet pronating inward and arches that had totally fallen (actually never existed). After seeing many podiatrists over the years and wearing orthotics, no foot doctor had ever explained to me the consequences of letting this condition go on. They always advised me not to have foot surgery until the pain was so bad I could not stand it. Dr. Sorensen described at our first visit how my foot was just beginning to wear down my ankle bone because of the way it was turning. I immediately scheduled the reconstructive surgery on my left foot and two years later I have had the right foot reconstructed. We travel from the northwest corner of Indiana to see him in Libertyville, Illinois (a 90 minute trip one way) but I would not have anyone else do these complex surgeries. Dr. Sorensen and his staff are very knowledgeable and always answer my questions promptly and courteously.
Martha – Mar 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Sorensen, DPM?
When I first saw dr. Sorensen, I was in very bad pain, I could barely walk. He recommended surgery and physical therapy, and the pain and lack of mobility went away completely. A couple of years later, I saw him again, this time for ankle pain, and he prescribed physical therapy and supplements that erased the pain and put me back in shape. He extremely knowledgeable and caring. I strongly recommend him.
Cristina Boa – Mar 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Sorensen, DPM?
The Doctor is very hands on with me and makes me feel he cares very much for my well being!
Skip Braband – Mar 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Sorensen, DPM?
Major foot surgery to correct fallen arch and remove arthritis build up. Dr. Sorenson and staff have been very easy to work with...especially Amanda in the Kenosha office.
Sandi Grabnik – Mar 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Sorensen, DPM?
Dr. Sorensen and the staff were great at every visit. They even went out of their way to get the paperwork I needed for work. They were also very accomodating with scheduling times once I was back at work. Thank you Dr. Sorensen!
BG – Mar 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Sorensen, DPM?
Had my foot crushed by a piece of I-beam last May and broke my first and second metatarsal, and dislocated a ligament. He gave me two options, stay off my feet and let it heal overtime or go into surgery and put a couple plates on. Luckily I choose surgery because when he got in there it turned out to be a lot worse than the x-ray showed. Dr. Sorensen was able to fix it completely and get me back to my normal activities. He is very straight forward and detailed with his plan on how he was going to help me. Not only was he very good, his staff was amazing. They were extremely nice and were on top of things for me. Sense I was a workmans comp case sometimes that can be tricky, but the staff and Dr. Sorensen always took care of it for me and was able to get me treated right away. Overall very good experience from him and his staff.
Jack S – Mar 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Sorensen, DPM?
Dr. Sorensen quickly and accurately diagnosed my plantar fasciitis and began immediate treatment which let to a full recovery after only 6 treatments. Thanks to him and his staff I am back to exercising regularly and playing golf. His staff is professional and scheduling was a breeze, I highly recommend.
Dave S – Mar 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Sorensen, DPM?
I had ankle surgery from Dr. Sorensen a year ago after I took a nasty fall and managed to tear three ligaments and break a bone. It took a year, but I’m back to normal at long last. Through it all Dr. Sorensen and his staff, Amanda and Suzanne, were always there to answer any questions guiding me through surgery and the recovery process. You couldn’t be in better hands. Huge thanks to Dr. Sorensen and staff!
May 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Sorensen, DPM?
I have seen 16 doctors over 3 1/2 years; 2 surgeries with zero positive results. I was in constant pain and unable to walk more than very short distances. I was unable to do even minor household chores. I have been seeing Dr. Sorenson for the past year and a half. Iam now able to walk with minimal to moderate pain up to 1/2 an hour. Iam also able to do much more around the house including working in my wood shop. His staff (Amanda and Suzanne)are also top notch. I highly recommend Dr. Sorenson.
Apr 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Sorensen, DPM?
Dr. Sorensen has kept me informed and answered all of my questions. He has listened to my concerns and given me options to take care of them. He directed me to a great therapist to help me with my recovery. He has been kind and shown concern about the affects of the surgery. He has made sure that the followup appointments were made. His nursing staff has been upbeat and helpful. They try to accommodate my needs make me feel as though they care about me.
Apr 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Sorensen, DPM?
My experience with Dr. Sorensen was very positive. He explained everything in the medical version as well as a version patients can understand. I needed surgery and he handled the before and after care very well and all the staff at the Kenosha location learned were very nice and welcoming. One negative, is that Dr. Sorensen did not spend much time with me during my visits (after surgery); however, my healing was very textbook with no complication. I definitely recommend Dr. Sorensen.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Sorensen, DPM?
Walking better than I have in years. Could not ask for better results from the surgery Dr. Sorensen performed on my foot !
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Sorensen, DPM?
I had torn tendon and ligaments in both ankles. Dr. Sorensen operated on both ankles and I am happy to state that I am back on my feet with no issues. I highly recommend Dr. Sorensen to anyone that is having feet issues.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Sorensen, DPM?
I had both instep fusions and tendon repair for some major issues with pain/arthritis and walking. All his work was done excellently! I have NO pain. The fusions, I'm dealing with because you DO loose some flexibility... BUT NOT enough to restrict me in my workouts, jogs, cycling, walking etc... I feel his bedside manner is great as well. Takes his time to answer questions. Highly recommend Dr. Sorensen and his staff was amazing as well. VERY caring and kind ladies!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Sorensen, DPM?
I highly recommend Dr. Sorensen who treated me for a broken ankle due to a fall. He offered two options and one was surgery which I ended up having. It was a great experience from start to finish with no pain and a clear understanding of expectations. He has a wonderful bedside manner and his staff at the office are capable, caring and thorough.
Liz Richards in Wauconda, IL – Feb 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Sorensen, DPM?
I already have referred a new patient to him.
Mary in Elkhorn, WI – Jan 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Sorensen, DPM?
Excellent doctor and staff. I had a total ankle replacement and I feel he is one of the best. I recommend him to all my friends and family.
Lori Moser in Conover, WI – Jan 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Sorensen, DPM?

How was your experience with Dr. Sorensen?

• Podiatric Surgery