Dr. Matthew Shapiro, MD

Dr. Matthew Shapiro, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 58 years old

24 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

Slocum Center for Orthopedics & Sports Medicine is dedicated to improving patient's health through a multidisciplinary team devoted to musculoskeletal care and research as well as treat bone, joint, soft tissue and related disorders.Read more

Dr. Shapiro's Experience

See how Dr. Shapiro's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Shapiro

Dr. Shapiro accepts 1 insurance carrier

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Shapiro has admitting privileges.

Dr. Shapiro's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shapiro to family and friends
1.7
Dr. Shapiro's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
Florence, OR |
Dr. Schapiro has the bedside manners of a sidewinder he is very rude arrogant and self righteous in my opinion I do not appreciate being called a drug attic!!! He told me he would not and could not help me with my rotator cuff he told me there was nothing wrong with me. I went & seen other docs who did an MRI on my shoulder I had 1 mm left of my rotator cuff If I would not of went and seen other docs my arm when you been hanging at my side all of my life.he gives the Slocum a bad reputation!
in Springfield, OR |
He is a degrading jerk!! He cares nothing about humilating his patients! This was the second time I have seen him and he told me the exact my last appointment. I was hoping they didn't refer me to him, but they and I got the same treatment all over again. I got injured during a seizure. When I was telling about my injury. He looked he was about to start laughing: Do you have seizures? My Neurologist refered me to you!!
in Eugene, OR |
The words I want to leave about him can't be left here! He is a total jerk!!! He is degrading, humilimating, and cares nothing about hurting his patients and I mean that Literally!!! This was the second time I had to see him. When my Neurologist referred me to their clinic after my fall on May 31 from a seizure. I was hoping they wouldn't refer me to him because of how I was treated the last time, but they did. I was treated the same way as last. My arm hurts worse then when I went in.
in Waldport, OR |
Bottom line guy. Great explanations of cause,effect and remedies for my injury. Would highly recommend him. Looks you in the eye and gives straight answers to questions asked. Won't coddle you, BUT if you want it straight......he is your man.
in Oakridge, OR |
Very, very rude and condescending. Told me my shoulder pain was because I was fat and to do physical therapy. I saw another doctor who did an MRI and turns out I have 2 significant tears in my rotator cuff, bone spurs tearing tissue and a ligament out of place due to the tearing. Surgery is required.
Have you seen Dr. Matthew Shapiro, MD?
Are you Dr. Shapiro?

Compare Dr. Shapiro

Dr. Shapiro's Care Philosophy

Dr. Shapiro's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine

No malpractice history found for Oregon.

Why It Matters: Dr. Shapiro's Board Certifications

Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center

Completed in 1990

Weill Cornell Medical College

Graduated in 1979

Dr. Shapiro does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shapiro and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Sports Medicine