Dr. Matthew Russo, MD

Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery •  Male • Age 35

Dr. Russo

OrthoArizona

10290 N 92nd St Ste 103 Scottsdale, AZ 85258

Dr. Matthew Russo, MD is a reconstructive orthopedic surgery specialist in Scottsdale, AZ and has been practicing for 8 years. He graduated from Univ Of Az Coll Of Med in 2011 and specializes in reconstructive orthopedic surgery, orthopedic surgery, and more.

Dr. Russo's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Russo

Dr. Russo?
Dr. Russo's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Matthew Russo, MD
Dr Matt is absolutely the most wonderful doctor I have ever had the pleasure to be a patient of. He could give anyone a clinic on bedside manner. I went from being crippled with knee pain for 20 yrs, to a whole new person WITHOUT any pain. The knee replacement he performed was impeccable! He is able to use so many different modalities to treat post surgical pain that the use of opioids is nearly eliminated. Dr Matt is able to see from a patient’s view what it really is like to live with constant, severe arthritis for many years. He was able to take away yrs of physical and emotional pain I had endured. The change was so dramatic that I was able to fly through the surgery and the therapy after in a very short period of time. My family is blown away as well with the end result. He has earned a perfect rating because of the incredible results his patients have. Thank you Dr Matt! You are amazing!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Russo, MD?
Dr. Matt Russo performed my left knee replacement and I am thrilled to say that at 71 I now have a whole new lease on life! He was thorough in examining not only my left knee but my back and hip and explained how my worn-out knee was affecting everything. My results couldn't have been better. With the help of 2 excellent physical therapists at Spooner in Fountain Hills, my bend is at 130 degrees. At 7 weeks I enjoyed a 7 mile hike in the mountains with no pain. I would recommend Dr. Matt to anyone contemplating a knee replacement.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Russo, MD?
Dr. Matt replaced my arthritic left hip and while I wish that my surgery had not been necessary, it was a breeze from start to finish. I was able to get in to see him quickly, the appointment went smoothly, my questions were answered throughly and I was scheduled for my surgery that day. The surgery went very well and the recovery was much easier than I had anticipated. I am now 3 months post op and feel I am 100% recovered. I am back to my every day life with no pain or restrictions which is a major improvement over the months prior to surgery when the pain was severe and constant and I was unable to do many things that I wanted to do because of the pain. The pulse app was a pleasant surprise and the response time to the few questions I had was almost immediate, I would highly recommend Dr. Matt to any one needing a hip replacement, you won't be disappointed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Russo, MD?
What can I say? I struggled for months thinking that I’d pulled a muscle or strained a ligament. I walked and walked hoping to “walk it off”, loosen it up and make it better. That did not happen, in fact it just seemed to get worse and worse. Finally, a friend suggested that I go and see Dr Matthew Russo, an Orthopaedic Surgeon, for a full assessment of what was going on with my hip. I was beginning to think that at some time in the future I might need a new one, but after assessing me he advised me that I needed it now. I wasn’t sure if I was sad with the news or happy? This might be the end of my pain? He has this wonderful model in his office and thoroughly explained exactly what needed to be done and why. I was motivated and could hardly wait for my surgery date. The hospital (Honor Health – Scottsdale) was wonderful and the surgery was non-eventful. I’m so grateful to this doctor, who has changed my life
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Russo, MD?
My first visit to Dr. Russo to discuss total hip replacement set my mind at ease. Dr. Russo took time and care answering all my questions, and concerns. He was very clear in explaining what to expect and how soon I could get back to living pain free. The surgery went exactly as planned, and now with my near completion of physical therapy, I am back to living a better life. I would recommend Dr. Russo to anyone suffering from lack of quality of life due to hip pain. His genuine care for the patient and follow up thru the entire process, left no doubt in my mind I had made the right choice.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Russo, MD?
Dr. Matthew Russo and his father Dr. Vincent Russo are the only two orthopedists I ever want touching my joints. I have been a patient of Dr Vincent for 15 years- 2 total knees and Rotator Cuff repair among the many surgeries. Had excellent outcomes always. Dr. Matthew recently completed a redo of my first total knee. I was very anxious about the surgery- more complex, longer procedure, pain management with the current opiod issues, and I am 12 years older. No need to worry! Wonderful outcome. Great pain management. Immediate responses to my posts on Pulse app. Incision looks good. My PT called me a "star patient". Would not have been a "star patient" without an excellent surgeon and good pain management. Besides being an excellent surgeon, Dr. Matthew has a very patient and kind bedside manner. He takes time to listen and answer questions without rushing. The office staff are all professional, efficient and courteous. I recommend Drs. Matthew and Vincent Russo most highly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Russo, MD?
My right hip was replaced a few years ago, and it was done elsewhere. I thought it went well. But in dealing with Dr Russo on my left hip it went fantastic. the Pulse App exercises got me in shape for surgery, and made recovery go a lot faster. I was walking the day of surgery and within a week I was not needing to use a cane. within 4 weeks I was basically back to normal with much better range of motion and minimal pain. Dr Russo will be highly recommended by me
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Russo, MD?
I received a total knee replacement from Dr. Matt Russo. The entire process, from initial office visit to final post surgery visit, was smooth and flawless. The office staff were all kind and helpful, as well as the case managing nurse. The Pulse app for the phone prior to surgery as well as after surgery was a definite bonus. Dr. Russo was very knowledgeable and took the time to answer questions and concerns. He is a skilled surgeon and compassionate doctor. I highly recommend Dr. Russo.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Russo, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Vincent Russo for almost 20 years and have trusted him with multiple successful surgeries. When it was finally time for me to get a hip replacement, he recommended Dr. Matthew Russo and since I trust Dad with my life, I trusted his son as well. I can't tell you how fabulous my surgery went. I was in a car accident 40+ years ago and knew one day I would need a new hip. I had hip pain, back pain, and could barely walk. Dr. Russo explained everything so I could understand, made me feel comfortable, no anxiety, and when I had the surgery, I didn't have ANY pain from the replacement. I was walking without assistance by the third day and consider the Russo team my absolute heroes. I don't have any back or hip pain and I have my life back thanks to Dr. Matthew Russo. He cares and he is an outstanding surgeon. I would highly recommend him to anyone!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Russo, MD?
This was my 2nd hip replacement and Dr Russo was amazing at not only explaining and preparing for the surgery, but his Pulse App exercises and follow far exceeded my expectations. I was walking the day of surgery and within a few days was not needing to use a cane. within 2 weeks I was basically back to normal with much better range of motion and minimal pain. Dr Russo was highly recommended by friends and will be highly recommended by me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Russo, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Russo?

Dr. Russo feels very grateful to have the opportunity to serve the Phoenix and Scottsdale community as an orthopaedic surgeon just as his father and grandfather have done for over 30 years. He was specifically drawn to hip and knee replacements becau...

• Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery

2011
Univ Of Az Coll Of Med
Notre Dame

Dr. Russo accepts

Dr. Russo accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
KeyCare PPO
Blue Choice Advantage
Blue Preferred PPO
CareFirst Maryland POS

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Check Dr. Russo's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Russo treats this condition more than 86% of his peers

Osteoarthritis

Dr. Russo treats Osteoarthritis more than 73% of his peers

Dr. Russo treats this condition more than 73% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Osteoarthritis of Ankle

Dr. Russo's conditions and procedures:

• Avascular Necrosis
  • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lupus
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Trigger Finger

OrthoArizona

• Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Russo treats patients.

Oasis Hospital

Phoenix, AZ

86% Patient experience rating, 17% higher than the national average

• America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Joint Replacement Award™ (2020, 2019, 2018)
  • Patient Safety Excellence Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)

81% Patient experience rating, 12% higher than the national average

• America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Joint Replacement Award™ (2020, 2019, 2018)
  • America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery Award™ (2020, 2019, 2018)

73% Patient experience rating, 4% higher than the national average